Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent (23335 Views)

Voters Turnout In Anambra Has Always Be Low Even B4 IPOB Boycott Threat / "Basket Of Tomatoes Is N25k In Lagos" - Moremi Ojudu, Daughter Of Buhari's Aide / Anambra Has Over 1 Billion Barrels Of Oil & 30 Trillion Cubic Ft Of Gas - Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Ofeakwu(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
EternalTruths:

Guess his tribe and win a lottery to the US. kiss
South West

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by mystry(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
ackmann:
What's the area of Anambra? Where's the space to be food basket of Africa? Nigerians need exposure. Do you know that a city like Seattle is as large as all the south east states combined? Anambra is just a town or suburb.

bad belle they don talk am be say they don talk am if you no like enter river niger go protest anu

1 Like

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by borntosuccess(m): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
yes o,proudly anambra.leading others can follow

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by hurricaneChris: 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2016
ackmann:
What's the area of Anambra? Where's the space to be food basket of Africa? Nigerians need exposure. Do you know that a city like Seattle is as large as all the south east states combined? Anambra is just a town or suburb.

You should be ashamed of the nonsense you typed up there.
Kebbi state in Nigeria is 3 times the size of Holland, but Holland is the highest agric producer in the whole world.

Please, sometimes when you cant comment anything reasonably, just read and move on. i do it most times, it helps to live long

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by amazingspiderma: 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
NoreenUG:

You're even going too far with Israel. Fckking SINGAPORE with a land area that isn't even up to 800 km2 (EIGHT HUNDRED KILOMETRES, I kid you not!) is STILL more advanced, wealthy, progressive and successful than Nigeria, Mali, Sudan, Somalia and Niger Republic all combined and multiplied by 50.

The dunces in the North and their Afonja houseboys are clearly too dull to realize that REAL development comes from education and empowerment of the populace, not silly geographical drawings or OIL.

Word bro, you own no one apology.

1 Like

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Kanyekels(m): 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
NoreenUG:

First admit you made a factual blunder with your Seattle analogy instead of throwing tantrums like a mentally challenged teenage boy.

When you're done with that, reread this very post of yours I'm quoting and also admit that you have exhibited the same type of intellectual laziness shown by people in the 15th Century who probably thought the concept of an aeroplane was stupid.

"If humans with their lightweight can't fly, then how is that hulking mess of metallic monstrosity (weighing over 5,000 times the size of a human) supposed to?"

"Why aren't the wings flapping? How do you expect that thing to fly?"

Food for thought.

As a parting shot, I'd advise you to Google "vertical farming" and "hydroponic agriculture" if all else fails.

You are sound academically and I admire that. I think you should stop arguing with that ethnic jingoist who thinks we are still in the 15th century. A lot has changed buy he's still left behind. Singapore has one of the best economy in the world with such a small landmass and population yet the number of millionaires(dollars) is more than double the number of millionaires(dollars) in Nigeria. Why? Because they've invested in Education, Technology and Human resource. Just forget the dullard.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thanks so much @NoreenUG, Blue3k, InyinyaAgbaOku, and others for taking ackmann to the classroom with no tuition paid by him cheesygringrin Just imagining how he would be feeling after such a shameful outing on this thread gringringrin no disease bad as ignorance because you no see symptoms sef till your oversized ego is bursted cheesygringringrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
hassan4:
Silly lies. Anambarians are known for ill gotten wealth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Nneperp: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
ackmann:

that's why some people will never progress ...only to keep on hating

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Ngozi123(f): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
LoveMachine:
Not sure how anyone could be mad at this news. Are we together or not? Good news for one state is good news for all states.

For a lot of people, anything that in anyway enhances Ndigbo is bad for Nigeria, unfortunately undecided.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Aroh48(m): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
[quote author=ackmann post=49578656]What's the area of Anambra? Where's the space to be food basket of Africa? Nigerians need exposure. Do you know that a city like Seattle is as large as all the south east states combined? Anambra is just a town or suburb. [/quoteAs expected,they can never dissapoint.]

1 Like

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Iko5000: 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
God bless you. Some Nigerians are so primitive they think farming is all about having a big land mass ,but as we know today the countries that produce a lot of food have a small land mass as they recognised nowadays farming is all about technology and not land mass.
InyinyaAgbaOku:

What is the size and population of Israel? Have you checked their productivity?

With all Nigeria's big size, it's not even a top producer of any of the most valuable agricultural products.
You probably are stuck in the olden days era of shifting cultivation.
Dude, the world has moved

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by arresa: 1:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
You can feed Nigeria and even Africa, but you can not even feed yourself....

These meaningless and silly ugu proclamation sef.... grin
Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by lexiyandra(f): 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
Oga you are the only primitive human here that is if u are human and not an animal. You call ibo peeps an inferior tribe my friend no tribe is inferior to any other.. Go and look in the mirror for a pictorial representation of inferiority. Hatred will kill all Dirty people with dirty souls

ackmann:
primitive man with third world mentality.you think I give a shiit about your inferior tribes. I stated facts . enjoy your shiithole country.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
Inspite of all the land the North has,I'm yet to see any significant impact they've made in agriculture.If rice,corn,garri etc can be this expensive in Nigeria,that means Northerners are wasting their time and land.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by lexiyandra(f): 1:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hatred and bad belle will just kill you. Dirty human with a filthy soul

arresa:
You can feed Nigeria and even Africa, but you can not even feed yourself....

These meaningless and silly ugu proclamation sef.... grin

3 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Blue3k(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
nyben4eva:
Inspite of all the land the North has,I'm yet to see any significant impact they've made in agriculture.If rice,corn,garri etc can be this expensive in Nigeria,that means Northerners are wasting their time and land.

I agree they are fooling around with potential. They still run around with cattle. Instead of staying in one place ranching and buying hay from other farmers to feed cattle. Imagine the time and energy that takes for cow. How can it get fat treking all the time.

I feel responsible people should just buy up a few acres of land and do modern farming. The north has always been laggards economicly in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by lordyugo: 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
DIFY20:
even a blind man can testify to dat....

anyway just watch how the eweduterian and amalarians ofonjas will gather with their plate of amala and ewedu to tell us how anambra state is eroded and landlock

grin grin cool tongue

EWEDUTERIAN really cracked me up

4 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by whiskystan: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
If you work u don't need to praise ursef let others do it ƒøя u. chief Willie Obiano has been exceptional in yes style of leadership since he came in as the Governor of Anambra State. God bless our able Governor. #AmWithObiano100%

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pwayne2016:
Igboland is Fertile

From Anam To Illah To Agbor Down to Kwale Cross to Egbema To Oguta To Ngor Okpala To Etche To Obingwa to Izzi to Ivo To Nsukka to Nkanu To Orumba can feed The whole West Africa if we focus on Agriculture

I rep Anambra

I rep Igboland
Sure Igbo land is fertile, but agbor is not Igbo land, don't be begging or forcing people to be part of Igbo land . It makes them feel special.
Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by yommen: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ngozi123:

For a lot of people, anything that in anyway enhances Ndigbo is bad for Nigeria, unfortunately undecided.

Funny how you guys think. The first comment after the post is nothing to write home about in the first instance. You all read a news about the potentials in Anambra and you all began to throw funny comments up and down. I'm a Yoruba and God sees I wish you whatever I wish myself because I have potentials and my potentials can never ever deny you of your own great potentials.

All states in Nigeria have their own potentials so I see no reason fighting over a theoritical potentials of only Anambra. Every state in Nigeria has the potentials to do anything in the first instance. By the way, I will celebrate the whole north first of because the whole nation relies on them for most food items cultivated in Nigeria nothwistanding the fact that they have less in terms of rainfall.

I'm ashame of you all.
Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Ngozi123(f): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
yommen:

Funny how you guys think. The first comment after the post is nothing to write home about in the first instance. You all read a news about the potentials in Anambra and you all began to throw funny comments up and down. I'm a Yoruba and God sees I wish you whatever I wish myself because I have potentials and my potentials can never ever deny you of your own great potentials.

All states in Nigeria have their own potentials so I see no reason fighting over a theoritical potentials of only Anambra. Every state in Nigeria has the potentials to do anything in the first instance. By the way, I will celebrate the whole north first of because the whole nation relies on them for most food items cultivated in Nigeria nothwistanding the fact that they have less in terms of rainfall.

I'm ashame of you all.

If that's truly the case then I wasn't referring to you. The fact that you assumed that I was shows that you're probably suffering from guilty conscience, else why would you feel the need to quote that comment? Also, where did I say anything about other states in Nigeria? You're the one that's generalising here, not me.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Some people here need to be told this undecided

3 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Paschal55(m): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
ackmann:
What's the area of Anambra? Where's the space to be food basket of Africa? Nigerians need exposure. Do you know that a city like Seattle is as large as all the south east states combined? Anambra is just a or suburb.
wailler spotted cheesy

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by LoveMachine(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ngozi123:

It's so disappointing. It really dampens my day. They don't understand what they are doing.
Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Paschal55(m): 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
They will not like this news...
Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by frank202012: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
EternalTruths:

Guess his tribe and win a lottery to the US. kiss
He is an Afonja From brown roof region
I get am??

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by arresa: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
lexiyandra:
Hatred and bad belle will just kill you. Dirty human with a filthy soul

Back to sender x 100000000000000000 grin
Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
A7:

Once in a while assume other people are as competent as you, or even better.

Most of these farmers are rural dwellers, what the FG provides is what they'll use. None of the other states or Anambra is given any special treatment. Your assessment that what 4,000 anambrarians would achieve can dwarf other state's output from more men and more arable land is a wicked joke.
Ee are not all dependent on FG.
Coscharis farms, integrated farms, vegetable and rice farms, and others have nothing to do with the FG.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by frank202012: 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
NoreenUG:

Just shut it already and admit you goofed instead of acting like an ape. The official administrative Land Area of Seattle is 217km2.
If you wanted to be more specific (by including other local government area like Tacoma and Bellevue), you would have said Metropolitan Seattle; and you'd still be wrong because the land area of the South-East is at 25,000km2 which still makes your dumb claim FALSE.

Grab a freaking Geography textbook and stop making a buffoon of yourself, you illiterate.

Kikikikikikikiki
Make una pity this id-iiiiooot nah

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
I have deleted all my comments on the forum and will delete my account now . I do not think that Nigeria will ever be a developed country. the mentality is too low and it's reflective on nairaland,it's unfortunate. No intelligent argument and discussion here .
Black people are too foolish.Anywhere you find black people they'll always hate each other and fight each other. You can not air your views here because everything on this forum is about either tribe or pdp apc. many of the people on this forum live in developed countries but still have their village tribal mentality. i think such people should have their citizenship revoked and deported back to their village . We do not need that primitive African tribal mentality here in the US or any developed nation. You should sit your ugly black ass in your country,be tribal and kill each other there. Stay there and fight each other and accuse each other of being pdp apc yoruba igbo hausa. you all can continue in your delusions and enjoy your nairaland forum and your shiithole country. there are many better and saner forums out there.
Re: CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent by IRserveMyComent(f): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
Blue3k:

Actually your still wrong the whole city of Seattle is what she said it is. Even if your talking about metro which includes multiple cities 21,202 km^2. Have some humility and stop embarrassing yourself.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Seattle-Washington
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle

Now you have finished him!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Keyamo’s Appointment Is Welcomed By Delta APC – Uduaghan / VAT: Wike Started A Revolution, Restructuring Has Begun — Adegboruwa / Okonjo Iweala’s Village Groans After 7 Years Without Electricity Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.