Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,674 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma (8681 Views)

What Buhari Discussed With Adeosun, Udo Udoma And Emefiele / Dino Melaye: "Buhari, Sack Adeosun, Emefiele And Udoma" / Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma by Daniyomex(m): 9:24am On Sep 23, 2016
Chipappii:
Sir please dont mind them. You are not a square peg, you are not even a peg at all. A square peg in a round hole is even better than you. Our hole is empty with you.

Enjoying my ipob holiday grin tongue
Lol. Love the twist

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma by hUmaneOne: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2016
morscino:

And u keep spewing more thrash!...Dats why there are commitees whose duty is to study whatever is going on in their assigned industry with a view to creating/amending bills with respect to the industry,mind u,the commitee may or may not comprise a professional from the industry.
What do u think lawmakers do during reccess...They study!
There is currently a bill about Nuclear Power generation,so who are the nuclear "Honourable" engineers in charge of that?

You're even twisting your words.and misconstruing yourself

Nuclear bill ko..an engineer will not even dare bring that bill,cos it's dead on arrival for a learned scientist. Our problem with electricity is mismanagement and you are here talking about nuclear energy.you crawl before walking cheesy

really, I do not negate your point completely, unfortunately you're a bit dense to see that..

While you're at it,check https://www.congress.gov and correct yourself.
Cheers bro.
Re: I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma by MamaletASO: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2016
National Assembly had upon resumption of normal legislative business after a two-month recess, resolved to place premium on addressing the current recession buffeting the nation’s economy.

Eventhough they have been on recess for 2-months..
THis LegisLOOTERS collects Money in Millions everyday ooo...

While Nigerians go to work everyday and receive 3000/month..

Chai! diaris god ooo (in Patience Jonathan's voice)..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma by chikason68(m): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2016
moufan:
imagine appointing a lawyer as head of Nigeria budgetary system, it's definitely a square peg in a round hole.I ponder the kind of reasoning that warranted this absurd appointment
Who told u a square peg cant fit comfortably in a round hole? Enlarge the width of the hole and watch as the square peg fits in. When the head is bad...u know wot happens to the rest
Re: I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma by EdoBoy90(m): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2016
greenpasture:

Budgeting is a process of compiling data from multiple sources and verifying the data. You don't need an economist to do this. Anyone who thinks like the house does simply hasn't had a good education. Why appoint Obama a lawyer over a complex economy like the US?

The objective of education is allowing you to have a logical thought process. Budgeting or even running a country does not require function specific skill sets. These guys have people to do function specific tasks.

Don't limit yourself.

Even if you have a degree in English you can run IBM Budgeting and by the way anyone who sits on as many corporate boards as Udoma does, can read a corporate balance sheet. A national balance sheet simply has more zeros. Process is the same.

The only reason the house is beefing him is because he was formerly in the PDP. When they passed him as fit to be a minister, were they drunk?
. I totally disagree with you vehemently.

As an Engineer so I become the Minister of Finance is that what you are evaluating in your logical and obsolete thought. Is that the excess of education?

So, is it because you studied Law , for example, you might be good in Engineering. Even in our various disciplines we have specific area of specialization.

A professor in Mechanical Engineering doesn't know all in Mechanical Engineering. He/she must specialized in one areas. The same thing is applicable to Lawyers and politicians and even everyone.

Sen. Udo Udoma is a jack of all trades and master of none. He is a monumental failure. He is incompetent and a waste to his generation.
Re: I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2016
AUcom66:
I disagree with u there are positions or appointments that require a professional on that field. Example is USA, u must be an economist to be a FED chairman.

As you must be lawyer to be attorney general. Accepted. These are function specific jobs. I mentioned this. But what is udomas equivalent job in the US? Head of Treasury? No. Federal Reserve chairman? No. Udomas job is basically project management with a basic knowledge of public finances. It requires no accounting skills, no forensic economics, no investment management capabilities

Well within range.

*disclaimer, I have known all the Udomas since I was 11 and I am now 56. Indeed. smiley

I repeat well within range.
Re: I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma by Abeymills(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2016
It's only under an incompetent president dat u can have dis kind of ministers I tel u not zombies dat a proffessional mechanic can not do d work of a doctor
Re: I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma by petchi: 11:42am On Sep 23, 2016
bigtt76:
How does being board chairman or member of a board or committee qualify you to manage a country's budget? The NASS people self are not worthy of being a good representatives of the people yet they're castigating another. Were they not the ones who asked Udoma to take a bow without questioning him? #eDiotsInGovernment

The asked him to take a bow to please Buhari and APC but now we know better.
Re: I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 23, 2016
EdoBoy90:
. I totally disagree with you vehemently.

As an Engineer so I become the Minister of Finance is that what you are evaluating in your logical and obsolete thought. Is that the excess of education?

So, is it because you studied Law , for example, you might be good in Engineering. Even in our various disciplines we have specific area of specialization.

A professor in Mechanical Engineering doesn't know all in Mechanical Engineering. He/she must specialized in one areas. The same thing is applicable to Lawyers and politicians and even everyone.

Sen. Udo Udoma is a jack of all trades and master of none. He is a monumental failure. He is incompetent and a waste to his generation.

I understand how painful it must sound to anyone who has laboured for years to distinguish themselves only to have that taken away. I can also understand middle management thinking when I hear it. As I made clear there are function specific jobs and there are senior management jobs that require broad skills and experience. For instance the best practice managers in hospitals and law firms are not doctors or lawyers, they are MBA holders. You don't need to be an engineer to be minister of works and housing as Fashola obviously is not. What you need is high intelligence, th ability to listen, resource and manage the people who do the work.

We must have enough emotional intelligence to know when our political views ( passionate as they may be) are at variance with conventional wisdom.

When Udoma oversaw the computerization and workflow process of the CAC years ago. What skills did he employ? Law? IT? Did that job sit well simply because he is a lawyer? By the same token Fashola is disqualified from all his ministerial appointments because he is a lawyer notwithstanding 8 years experience in running a state.

It's an over stretched point that ignores experience and smarts. It's basically just whistling into the wind. Nothing will change it.
Re: I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma by Slimpotter(m): 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2016
bigtt76:
How does being board chairman or member of a board or committee qualify you to manage a country's budget? The NASS people self are not worthy of being a good representatives of the people yet they're castigating another. Were they not the ones who asked Udoma to take a bow without questioning him? #eDiotsInGovernment
fucking hilarious

(1) (2) (Reply)

Borno To Rebuild Churches Destroyed By Boko Haram / FEC Approves N970.2m For Nigeria Customs Barracks Construction / Aguyi Johnson Ironsi - The Unification Decree: No. 34 Of 1966

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.