Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade (26563 Views)

All States Must Abide By Proposed Minimum Wage – Ngige / Nura Alkali Apologizes To Dasuki, Metuh And Bade. Nigerians React / Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 25, 2016
Asking Nigerians their opinion about a matter online is like asking kids to tell you the state of a nation.

Yes NOI worked as a Nigerian Economic minister and all through her tenure under the last administration it was from one story to another story. Like she once said ... She came in as a tecnocrat and not a politician but things then wanted her to choose sides.

For me she still got what is needed to head the world bank cos using Nigeria government to weigh her qualifications is useless. Nigeria is a third world country where 70% percent of their citizens and government officials are Educated illiterates. They would argue over insensitive things and make the best look worse. And its apparent the Civil war in Nigeria ended physically but its still going on mentally.

2 Likes

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 25, 2016
U did'n get my point, i mean the depletion of nig's E.xcess C.rude A.ccounts-ECA & even foreign reserves. She reiterated same weakness/point couple of weeks ago & blamed only joe but herself.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 25, 2016
No politician can deceive me no more. I DON'T believe in ANY politician again, the current self-serving nomad included but i'm only stating verifyable FACTS!...8 months to d end of last govt, (1)nig. Was already borrowing to pay backlog of salaries (2) NOI publicly asked nigerians to gear up for hard times 'cos oil price droped to $65pb! How much more now that the prices are worse.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by otokx(m): 6:24am On Sep 25, 2016
martineinstein:
world bank is neither a place where they play ludo nor a place for massive corrupt and looting like nigeria.

They have used her and dumped her..karma and guilty conscience will forever be her problem for destroying d nigerian economy.

Op,in case u dont know,worldbank is an american-ruled organisation,while IMF is EURopean-lead...nobody from other region can overtake the 2

Don't mind the simple mindedness of the fellow, even if Ngozi were to be an American citizen she will not still get it.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Ladipodeal: 6:26am On Sep 25, 2016
As coordinating minister she supervised looting of our economy by Jonathan and his gang.
She should not be considered for the post at all.... Instead of trying to stop the looting spree under her watch, she was busy getting approvals to absolve herself, she obviously knew what was happening but kept quiet. Her actions amounts to aiding/albeiting which should be punishable.
I expect by now she should be invited by Efcc for approvals she gave to those who looted our treasury. Several bank officials been questioned for giving approval for suspicious transactions so nothing stops them from inviting her as well.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by sinistermind(m): 7:08am On Sep 25, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Abeg, Abeg, Abeg!!! Why are you people like this, we are talking about competence and you are bringing tribe. How all you lot always manage to bring in tribalism into serious issues amaze me.

Now to the issue, Looking back at her past records, she can never and will never even be considered for such position! The post of a World bank President is not by academic qualifications or by how many seminars or meetings you attend with world leaders.

And never you compare Adesina to Okonjo, it's insulting pls.

Okonjo to Adesina?? Lmao are you a comedian? It isn't ur fault sha. Her sin was to serve her country anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by asamaigho(m): 8:10am On Sep 25, 2016
steppin:

Yeah right! Divide and rule tactics.
You only use it when it's favourable and you discard it when doesn't suit you.
E no dey work again.

Hypocrites,
When buhari appointed kachukwu as nnpc gmd, u guy cried maginalization,dat no igbo has been appointed.
Now u turn around to claim an IKA WOMAN from delta state as IGBO.
Your double standard is amazing,no wonder biafra is Biafra.
All d 6yrs of gej,u guys were sleeping,as soon as buhari won, biafra resurected but thank God Buhari gat no chills for rubbish,he will crush biafra to pieces.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by steppin: 8:19am On Sep 25, 2016
asamaigho:

Hypocrites,
When buhari appointed kachukwu as nnpc gmd, u guy cried maginalization,dat no igbo has been appointed.
Now u turn around to claim an IKA WOMAN from delta state as IGBO.
Your double standard is amazing,no wonder biafra is Biafra.
All d 6yrs of gej,u guys were sleeping,as soon as buhari won, biafra resurected but thank God Buhari gat no chills for rubbish,he will crush biafra to pieces.
The civil war couldn't do it and you're hoping an illiterate with no sense will make it happen?
Bros, wake up, you're sleeping on top of a moving bike.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Image123(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Tell me what you know about her past antecedence...that our GDP was the highest in Africa and 22 in the world? That when global oil price falls under Obasanjo we never had recession? That under GEJ when the oil price falls we still never had recession? Please i need to know more of her past

We had enough savings and less debt to weather the storm, simple. It's like Mr A lost his job but had 10million naira while Mr B same social status lost his job but had 500,000 naira and co-op debt of 600,000. It doesn't take rocket science or Holy Spirit to figure out who will normally struggle in the two.

2 Likes

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:49am On Sep 25, 2016
People are here arguing while America has given the nod to incumbent Kim for a second term in office as WB President.

2 Likes

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by ussy09(m): 9:50am On Sep 25, 2016
back2sender:
She is from the indo-fuckin-nesia republic of ugandan
Mr Seun do something I need the unlike button.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by chaiks: 10:12am On Sep 25, 2016
I see ngoo winning it this time. What God has perfected, no man can alter it. She and adesina were among the best we have in d last administration but corruption on d part of governors was too bad. She I'll Excell well there unlike here where hatred, bigotry, and corruption are capable of rubbish ingolstadt ones quality. Ngoo go, Nigeria supports you, Africa support you,we'll meaning Europeans support you. We see you climbing this time around.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by asamaigho(m): 11:01am On Sep 25, 2016
steppin:

The civil war couldn't do it and you're hoping an illiterate with no sense will make it happen?
Bros, wake up, you're sleeping on top of a moving bike.

Am not against biafra, but am against the insincerity,embedded within the struggle.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by 7lives: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2016
MadamExcellency:
Nigeria and her people are weird. Most of these people who supported Adesina to become African Development Bank President not minding that he served under GEJ administration will frown at Dr Ngozi Iweala becoming World Bank President just because of bigotry.

Her only crime is that she is Igbo. The same reason why Buhari has not seen the necessity in settling Oby Ezekwesili for her political patronage.

No wahala, since you believe she's the most qualified, tell iPods to carry placards to the world bank office to warn them or set up propaganda machineries like we " we go burn down the world bank down, Ngozi or nothing.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by dannie04: 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
asamaigho:

She is not igbo, she is a nigerdeltan from delta state. Her father is/was the king of ogwashuku.

SHE IS AN IKA WOMAN.

Chisos! Wetin concern ika with Ogwashi Uku?
She is an Enuani (Aniocha / Oshimili) woman and yes she can be called Igbo too
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by normrebel(m): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Abeg, Abeg, Abeg!!! Why are you people like this, we are talking about competence and you are bringing tribe. How all you lot always manage to bring in tribalism into serious issues amaze me.

Now to the issue, Looking back at her past records, she can never and will never even be considered for such position! The post of a World bank President is not by academic qualifications or by how many seminars or meetings you attend with world leaders.

you aren't just a bigot, but your intelligence is literally lower than that of a sloth.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by BraniacX(m): 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
CecyAdrian:

You're right! I wouldn't belittle N.O.I by comparing her with Adesina though both are the stars of the previous administration! In terms of performance N.O.I outperformed Adesina given the fact that her portfolio was more important and complex, so for what reason apart from your bigotry would you rate Adesina over N.O.I?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death / Edo Decides: PDP Say Police Officers Are Supporting APC To Snatch Ballot Boxes / Update On Akwa Ibom Petrochemical And Refinery Yard .. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.