Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade (26534 Views)

All States Must Abide By Proposed Minimum Wage – Ngige / Nura Alkali Apologizes To Dasuki, Metuh And Bade. Nigerians React / Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by AJJ17(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
MadamExcellency:
Nigeria and her people are weird. Most of these people who supported Adesina to become African Development Bank President not minding that he served under GEJ administration will frown at Dr Ngozi Iweala becoming World Bank President just because of bigotry.

Her only crime is that she is Igbo. The same reason why Buhari has not seen the necessity in settling Oby Ezekwesili for her political patronage.

On the contrary I think [b]mos[/b]t Nigerians would support her for the WB post regardless of her performance under GEJ..
Remember the writer of the piece is a Nigerian and a Yoruba man.Please lets try not always create unnecessary issues with out comments.

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Ekugbeh(m): 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
Who else to take the post, if i mention NOI.

Oya mention urs.

She has held the post of MD before now.

Even the MD now is still a Nigerian woman. Former SEC Director.

I still wonder the way some biased minds reason with their anus.

Which finance minister has handled our economy like a pro apart from her since the history of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by ChessEnthusiast: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
sultaan:
Repeat her recent performance in Nigeria?

Why do you think the white man always go forward and we seem to stay stationary?
They simply go with leaders hwose ideas are progressive.

Okonja running the economy to the edge of a cliff and simply washing her hands off is unacceptable even I saw it all coming and I will say it won't get better this is the new normal.
You must be me. We think alike.
As you said, this is the new normal. The sooner we start acclimatizing, the better for us.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Caseless: 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
All these stupid children running around naked here, what will y'all do if she gets to become the WB president? Hatred kills fast. I really wonder how some human beings reason seriously cry
you write like a kid who lost her sweet.

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by nijanigga: 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
that's tells the story of why she's been hanging out with top shots of recent including bill Clinton and Igbos are celebrating her,despite the unprecedented level of corruption under her watch in Gej's govt.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by ndcide(m): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
All those defending adeosun on the other thread, have taken over this thread.

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by President99: 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
In order to annihilate the world economy abi? Overhyped paper economist who left Nigeria worse than she met it
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by CuteMorriz: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Abeg, Abeg, Abeg!!! Why are you people like this, we are talking about competence and you are bringing tribe. How all you lot always manage to bring in tribalism into serious issues amaze me.

Now to the issue, Looking back at her past records, she can never and will never even be considered for such position! The post of a World bank President is not by academic qualifications or by how many seminars or meetings you attend with world leaders.

And never you compare Adesina to Okonjo, it's insulting pls.
Crass ignorance! I don't why very few ladies are sensible...you said "looking at her past records"....clown she has worked with the world Bank and rose to the rank of MD...the article even narrates that the staff gave her their support based on her competence......or are you looking at the record as finance minister?....with this level of daftness I wonder how foolish some ppl would have been without Internet or SM...smh

3 Likes

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Charly68: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Abeg, Abeg, Abeg!!! Why are you people like this, we are talking about competence and you are bringing tribe. How all you lot always manage to bring in tribalism into serious issues amaze me.

Now to the issue, Looking back at her past records, she can never and will never even be considered for such position! The post of a World bank President is not by academic qualifications or by how many seminars or meetings you attend with world leaders.
And never you compare Adesina to Okonjo, it's insulting pls. Adesina got his position on merit . He ran the best Agricultural policy ever known in the history of Nigeria,but What legacy did Doctor Mrs leave behind as finance minister?depressed & looted economy. Fake statistics that has no bearing with our economic reality. See where we found ourselves today because of Madam's cash & carry policy
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by asfrank(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
olakan22:
what's your point exactly?

I must nt explain my self to everyone, if u do not understand simply go to d next comment that speaks ur language....
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
Seenyo:
Same person under whose nose nig's oil earnings nose-dived?...dream on!!!
under which most family eat three square meal..tink,dnt allow one politician lie 2 u

2 Likes

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by MrGerald(m): 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Considered? she has been... though nepotism won't allow you look that way, and still a lot of tribal sentiments in ur comment

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Image123(m): 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
deantimes:

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/why-united-states-must-support-okonjo-iweala-for-world-bank-presidency-by-bade-adebolu/

Bade Adebolu is an Accountant based in Ado-Ekiti. That's all the reply really needed, lack of exposure. PDP boy boy.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Oghenekohwo1402(f): 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
Like the Americans say, you're obviously living in la la land.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Boleyndynasty2(f): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Caseless:
you write like a kid who lost her sweet.
I see you write and you absolutely make no points or have anything meaningful to say, run along and stay the fvck outta my mention

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by erico2k2(m): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Lol, you are so pained and full of insults. Not being able to argue meaningfully without insulting just shows the kind of degraded brain you have.
Just agree you got it wrong angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by skintus: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
Home Economics is not the same thing as Economics sir! cry cry cry
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Image123(m): 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
skintus:
Home Economics is not the same thing as Economics sir! cry cry cry

Hehehehehehehehe, you may be genius. It's today I'm just hearing someone say she studied Urban and regional planning (geography student lasan). Now you say it's home economics. I always thought she did the real Economics, lol. And one boy in Ado is comparing a secretary to a medical doctor. smh. This youths are irredeemable.
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by HERSLEY(f): 10:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:

so much hatred. Iranu

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by donvat1(m): 10:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
CecyAdrian:

you see your life, keep hating while she keep soaring higher.

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by kinibigdeal(m): 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
Tell me what you know about her past antecedence...that our GDP was the highest in Africa and 22 in the world? That when global oil price falls under Obasanjo we never had recession? That under GEJ when the oil price falls we still never had recession? Please i need to know more of her past
CecyAdrian:

2 Likes

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Ugosample(m): 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
So someone who graduated with a first class in Economics, and has a PhD in regional economics, Former M.D. of World Bank and two termed minister of finance is who many children of hate are bad mouthing here?

You people must be living very sad lives...
One even has the nerve to compare adesina to Iweala, to show you the level of hate....

DAMN it, Many Nigerians are terrible

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by otukpo(f): 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
[quote author=Jacko1 post=49640579]Even Jimi disu

Full fledged afonja said

Am sorry but seems only NOI can get us out of this mess

But as afonja him be... He stil praises buhari[/quote)

I heard when he said it

Upon all his criticisms of her, he had to confess that it is only somebody like NOI that can get our economy back to normal.

NOI is a goldfish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by jide333(m): 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
what a low thinking set of leaders... 9ja always looking for downfall of their fellow citizens. if it was to be the western world they will do everything to support their citizen and make sure he/she wins a post by supporting and hyping them.. Here we are trying to tarnish her image not knowing we are also tarnishing our country's image..oga o!

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Caseless: 10:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
[s] I see you write and you absolutely make no points or have anything meaningful to say, run along and stay the fvck outta my mention[/s]
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by Ugosample(m): 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
jide333:
what a low thinking set of leaders... 9ja always looking for downfall of their fellow citizens. if it was to be the western world they will do everything to support their citizen and make sure he/she wins a post by supporting and hyping them.. Here we are trying to tarnish her image not knowing we are also tarnishing our country's image..oga o!

Don't mind these negros.
Tribalism has finished the small sense that they have

So when she becomes the president, is it not Africa/Nigeria that will take the glory?

2 Likes

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by InvertedHammer: 12:03am On Sep 25, 2016
Jesuobu:
yeah. I know it wasn't real but it was very good becausle it was attracting investors but look how everything is scattered now.
/
You preferred life in the fantasy island.

Companies do needful audit of a position when the person is on vacation. It opens all covers. I have copies of speech by NOI and Sanusi as far back as 2013. They prophesied that recession would be in the horizon. But then the same NOI turned around and said Nigeria was the biggest economy in Africa. The first alarm was how much dollar value to attached to Nollywood in the recalculation. Some of us took preemptive steps to liquidate movable assets and repatriated the funds when US dollar was equivalent to N190.

This is not limited to Nigeria. Leaders in US, UK and other countries in the world continually lie to their citizens to calm frentic nerves. NOI was rightly tutored in that aspect.

The worst thing about Buhari is that he is a bad communicator. Most people don't understand what he is saying. The best intention must be properly communicated to be effective.

By the way, it is very easy to debate with you. As a black fellow, I understand that you are most likely to be hindered by emotions than suscribe to logic.
\
Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by made1(m): 12:06am On Sep 25, 2016
Good Write Up Brother ! . But here is the twist ,The US and its allies wanted Kim in there anyways, but they wanted our Anty to participate and also show the world women could become world leaders. And now they are praising her past achievements , saying they need her elsewhere . Expect a major portfolio for her in the next few weeks or so ,either here at home or overseas. She is part of their genius league and they know it, but they dont need that up there.....
deantimes:

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/why-united-states-must-support-okonjo-iweala-for-world-bank-presidency-by-bade-adebolu/

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by VajanahDischaj(f): 1:06am On Sep 25, 2016
zombies won't gree!!!well!they can't block her shine, they got balls but they can't block -us!

1 Like

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by VajanahDischaj(f): 1:11am On Sep 25, 2016
asfrank:
Manage waiting? Forget the fact that she is a Nigerian, when as a common minister she couldn't do proper home economics, u think u just get a top job like that without proper background checks? For me I think she is pretty much done handling big post, she can present papers and serve as a resource person at events... World Bank President... Thousands with unquestionable integrity are ahead of her,,, is jobs are given with respect to character first nt papers,...
guy!if you continue like this, you will kill yoursel by dying early.

ehen!your post ume screening result don show?abi you don finally cancel to go school? why you no get sense şef?

come let me advice you like grand father to a spoilt -kid, no dey put mouth for wetin you no understand. that lady you detest can build your future starting from the generations before yo. you dey room, on top mattress dey blab about woman wey don advance for career.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade by walebayour: 3:01am On Sep 25, 2016
She was managing director at not of . There is different between the two.

Managing Director " at" means she was one of the managing director at world bank which has many managing directors. In this case MD means heading a group or division.

Managing director " of" means she was the only managing director which means CEO as people here are interpreting it.
Obviously she was not managing director of World Bank rather she was one of the MDs at world bank.

Please let's get the difference between the two. MD is not same as CEO. MD still reports to CEO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EU Parliamentarians Demand Release Of Nnamdi Kanu, Others- Thisday / Ondo To Focus On Marijuana Market - Akeredolu / Church Protests Against Boko Haram Prisoners In Anambra (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.