Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:02 AM

Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga (24290 Views)

What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? / Photo: Tinubu And Atiku Hug And Laugh: What Could Have Caused The Excitement? / Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by ismhab(m): 6:53am On May 21, 2012
betty009: I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)
EVEN WOMEN THEY DO YAHOO-YAHOO.

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Seempliehuman(m): 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
I have been searching for information on the "Ghana must go saga", but nothing credible comes. I'll keep looking.
These things are funny, I remember when the Ghanians chased the Yorubas out of Ghana in 1969 because they were too successful. Read about it here: http://www.imi.ox.ac.uk/pdfs/rasheed- olaniyi
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by OXYGEN01: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
phuckNL:

This guy is probably the most retarded poster i have seen till date. I was born after the ghana must go issue happened but i definitely know what happened.
Yes Most Ghanians were chased out of the south. Did you ask yourself where most of them were located? Lagos right? Why - because lagos was and is the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria. Why would anyone be chased out of the east when you barely had Ghanians there. Most foreigners (Ghanians included) have their densiest populations in Lagos.
How many Ghanian shoe cobblers did you have in the east? Most of these guys were in Lagos so the issue to chase them out had nothing to do with Yorubas. It was a Nigerian decision

Very soon, we may have the same thing happening. Only this time it will be Benin,Niger,and MAli must go because the bulk of these nationals have taken over OKADA business on the Island. Yes, most of these Okada riders are not even from Nigeria anymore.
When that happens, you will claim it is the Yorubas again abi.
Trust me, if the Ghanaians were heavily populated in any other state, they would have received the same treatment
You people should try and deport even goats n u will see what will happen to your country. Do u knw the number of nigerians living in the countries uve mentioned . ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by otumfour(m): 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
OXYGEN01: You people should try and deport even goats n u will see what will happen to your country. Do u knw the number of nigerians living in the countries uve mentioned . ?

grin grin grin grin grin

I love this

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by otumfour(m): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
phuckNL:

This guy is probably the most retarded poster i have seen till date. I was born after the ghana must go issue happened but i definitely know what happened.
Yes Most Ghanians were chased out of the south. Did you ask yourself where most of them were located? Lagos right? Why - because lagos was and is the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria. Why would anyone be chased out of the east when you barely had Ghanians there. Most foreigners (Ghanians included) have their densiest populations in Lagos.
How many Ghanian shoe cobblers did you have in the east? Most of these guys were in Lagos so the issue to chase them out had nothing to do with Yorubas. It was a Nigerian decision

Very soon, we may have the same thing happening. Only this time it will be Benin,Niger,and MAli must go because the bulk of these nationals have taken over OKADA business on the Island. Yes, most of these Okada riders are not even from Nigeria anymore.
When that happens, you will claim it is the Yorubas again abi.
Trust me, if the Ghanaians were heavily populated in any other state, they would have received the same treatment

U animals can't stop mastur'bating to that so-called GH must go shyt abi, most of us Ghanaians don't even know abt that shyt, all we know be say Nigeria is a zoo, a zoo where animals like u are kept as citizens.

5 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by CrudeGH: 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
hahahahaha MUMU shitnigerians making noise since 1914!

Nigeria jagajaga, Everything scatter scatter Poor man dey suffer suffer Gbosa, gbosa, gunshot inna de air.

CNN can't even find the sh1thole on the world map!

hahahaha dogs are becoming engendered species in the sh1tholehttps://www.nairaland.com/1884885/dog-meat-cures-malaria-repels grin

frustrated ebola-ravaged shitnigerians spewing insults since Lord Luggard time https://www.nairaland.com/1716876/nairalanders-frustrated-why-insultive

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by CrudeGH: 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by iamord(m): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Its good to see a thread like this spring up..I hope it can be able to give meaning to this long years of bashing from both parties.. Something that majority of the people don't even understand the true origins. While I must say there is a bit of truth in the likes of phuckNL , WilyWily and nex .. Although WilyWily made it look a bit more tribalistic . We need to look at the case from both angles and not in a biased manner and @ the same time open a healing wound if we are in the quest to find answers and offer solution .
In 1957 ghana gained independence , with the pan african orientation, courtesy of kwame nkrumah ,Ghana was positioned to be the forefront of African unity. So this made it a favorable countries for Fellow africans and expatriates to live and work in the country.
in the 1960 census, immigrants made up 12 percent of the
Ghanaian population of 8.4 million people and immigrants from other African countries, particularly Nigeria, constituted 98 percent of the foreign- born population.
The relationship became sour from the overthrow of nkrumah .and also when the
influx of immigrants began to shift the demographics of the country, it made people unhappy. The main reason for discontent was economic competition and increased wave of crime that occurred in the late 1960s. The economy had taken a down turn. So with all this ,and fueled up with a new political power which opposes the pan african movement ,the then president Kofi Busia set up the Aliens Compliance Order of 1969, Nigerians and other immigrants were forced to
leave Ghana. The order required of all foreigners in the country to be in possession of residence permit if they did not already have it or to obtain it within a two-week period. Kofi Busia
expelled 20,000 to 500,000 Nigerians in a time period of 14 days to 3 months. The order angered some West African governments, especially Nigeria, Togo, Benin, Mali, Niger, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso whose citizens were mostly affected by the expulsion.
The 1969 Order also affected Ghana’s image in mainland Africa and the rest of the world.
Then around the 1980s nigeria started experiencing an economic boom courtesy of the
Oil in commercial quantities.
By that time Ghana was facing severe drought and economic problems cos of the coups and economic mismanagement, so
many Ghanaians were welcomed in the 1970s by Nigeria, which was also in need of cheap labor. And technical services in the oil And manufacturing sector. And the ghanaians excelled @ what ever they put their hands on. From the highly techniclal jobs , to teaching , to the lowest of mineal jobs. as the oil boom faded due to corruption and mismanagement Nigerians needed an answer! For economic and social woes, the then government sort to shit the blame on the immigrants for similar reasons as the formal case in ghana, and also there was huge tension in the region due to the coup in ghana. Rawlings has seized power and ordered the closure of borders to avoid and possible coup . So fueled by the economic woes, competition,pressure. population burst, revenge , hampering of trade due to the closure of ghana border , the nigerian gov enacted the Expulsion Order and up to 700,000 Ghanaians were expelled from Nigeria. However, soon after, Nigerian employers allegedly invited back many
deportees because they were unable to fill the vacant positions with domestic labor. And the economy was still hard hit by their absence, Unfortunately, in May 1985, the Nigerian government again
ordered an estimated 100,000
Ghanaians to be expelled from Nigeria. This action further strained relations between the two countries and then the most common bag bought to travel by the deportees was the red and white stripped bag. So in order to make fun of them as they left some began to shout ghana must go.. Thus they were identified by that. But I believe there has been poor education on the matter thus escalating to beef and the e wars we see today. We need to learn and forge ahead!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by osystein(m): 10:25am On Sep 04, 2014
CrudeGH: hahahahaha MUMU shitnigerians making noise since 1914!

Nigeria jagajaga, Everything scatter scatter Poor man dey suffer suffer Gbosa, gbosa, gunshot inna de air.

hahahaha dogs are becoming engendered species in the sh1tholehttps://www.nairaland.com/1884885/dog-meat-cures-malaria-repels grin

frustrated ebola-ravaged shitnigerians spewing insults since Lord Luggard time https://www.nairaland.com/1716876/nairalanders-frustrated-why-insultive

why r u so senseless? Can't u let people discuss issues and freely express their opinions without interjecting with ur rubbish.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by CrudeGH: 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
osystein:

why r u so senseless? Can't u let people discuss issues and freely express their opinions without interjecting with ur rubbish.

fuelish goat! senseless magg0t!

we'll let u people "discuss issues and freely express their opinions" when you shitnigerians learn to talk with some sense! and why are you MUMUs so obsessed with Ghana/Ghanaians? Isn't this supposed to be a shitnigerian site? and are you fuelish goats not supposed to be looking for some missing 100 girls in the sambisa forest somewhere in the sh1thole? and aren't you people supposed to be worried about ebola ravaging your dustbin country? arrant crap!

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by IloveGH: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
OXYGEN01: You people should try and deport even goats n u will see what will happen to your country. Do u knw the number of nigerians living in the countries uve mentioned . ?

LOL!!!! cheesy
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Wily2wily: 10:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Seempliehuman(m): 4:06am On Sep 16, 2014
CrudeGH:
fuelish goat! senseless magg0t!

we'll let u people "discuss issues and freely express their opinions" when you shitnigerians learn to talk with some sense! and why are you MUMUs so obsessed with Ghana/Ghanaians? Isn't this supposed to be a shitnigerian site? and are you fuelish goats not supposed to be looking for some missing 100 girls in the sambisa forest somewhere in the sh1thole? and aren't you people supposed to be worried about ebola ravaging your dustbin country? arrant crap!

'Ghanamustgo' is a part of Nigerian history so we have every right under the sun to discuss it. But, in any case, the purpose of the site is to discuss global events from a Nigerian perspective. And,this is a 'Nigerian' site as you've mentioned, so i wonder why you're here.
Is there any Nigerian out there who's obsessed with Ghana? Stop it now. It's a waste of time.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2014
iamord: Its good to see a thread like this spring up..I hope it can be able to give meaning to this long years of bashing from both parties.. Something that majority of the people don't even understand the true origins. While I must say there is a bit of truth in the likes of phuckNL , WilyWily and nex .. Although WilyWily made it look a bit more tribalistic . We need to look at the case from both angles and not in a biased manner and @ the same time open a healing wound if we are in the quest to find answers and offer solution .
In 1957 ghana gained independence , with the pan african orientation, courtesy of kwame nkrumah ,Ghana was positioned to be the forefront of African unity. So this made it a favorable countries for Fellow africans and expatriates to live and work in the country.
Ghanaian population of 8.4 million people and immigrants from other African countries, particularly Nigeria, constituted 98 percent of the foreign- born population.
influx of immigrants began to shift the demographics of the country, it made people unhappy. The main reason for discontent was economic competition and increased wave of crime that occurred in the late 1960s. The economy had taken a down turn. So with all this ,and fueled up with a new political power which opposes the pan african movement ,the then president Kofi Busia set up the Aliens Compliance Order of 1969, Nigerians and other immigrants were forced to
leave Ghana. The order required of all foreigners in the country to be in possession of residence permit if they did not already have it or to obtain it within a two-week period. Kofi Busia
expelled 20,000 to 500,000 Nigerians in a time period of 14 days to 3 months. The order angered some West African governments, especially Nigeria, Togo, Benin, Mali, Niger, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso whose citizens were mostly affected by the expulsion.
The 1969 Order also affected Ghana’s image in mainland Africa and the rest of the world.
Then around the 1980s nigeria started experiencing an economic boom courtesy of the
By that time Ghana was facing severe drought and economic problems cos of the coups and economic mismanagement, so
many Ghanaians were welcomed in the 1970s by Nigeria, which was also in need of cheap labor. And technical services in the oil And manufacturing sector. And the ghanaians excelled @ what ever they put their hands on. From the highly techniclal jobs , to teaching , to the lowest of mineal jobs. as the oil boom faded due to corruption and mismanagement Nigerians needed an answer! For economic and social woes, the then government sort to shit the blame on the immigrants for similar reasons as the formal case in ghana, and also there was huge tension in the region due to the coup in ghana. Rawlings has seized power and ordered the closure of borders to avoid and possible coup . So fueled by the economic woes, competition,pressure. population burst, revenge , hampering of trade due to the closure of ghana border , the nigerian gov enacted the Expulsion Order and up to 700,000 Ghanaians were expelled from Nigeria. However, soon after, Nigerian employers allegedly invited back many
deportees because they were unable to fill the vacant positions with domestic labor. And the economy was still hard hit by their absence, Unfortunately, in May 1985, the Nigerian government again
Ghanaians to be expelled from Nigeria. This action further strained relations between the two countries and then the most common bag bought to travel by the deportees was the red and white stripped bag. So in order to make fun of them as they left some began to shout ghana must go.. Thus they were identified by that. But I believe there has been poor education on the matter thus escalating to beef and the e wars we see today. We need to learn and forge ahead!
Very informative. Nice write up, I must say smiley

3 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by ResourceMan(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2014
iamord: Its good to see a thread like this spring up..I hope it can be able to give meaning to this long years of bashing from both parties.. Something that majority of the people don't even understand the true origins. While I must say there is a bit of truth in the likes of phuckNL , WilyWily and nex .. Although WilyWily made it look a bit more tribalistic . We need to look at the case from both angles and not in a biased manner and @ the same time open a healing wound if we are in the quest to find answers and offer solution .

I just had to quote your post, only one word can describe what you have written!

[size=20pt]EPIC[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by mrham03(m): 11:49am On Sep 16, 2014
great information provided, i hope every nigerian reads this. Anytime they say ghana must go they must remember that was there also nigeria must leave. Nigerian parents should inform their children and grand-children about that.

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by iamord(m): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
@ Aranaa , ResourceMan , mrham03
Well thank you all. I hope my post gives more understanding to the issue and help to promote unity and understanding between the two countries , we have come a long way.. While a lot of ghanaians and nigerians come up here and make jest of each others countries.. We have matured men and women that invest in the loop holes people using to make jest of.. flying from accra to to lag tru and fro. Cashing out. There is more to life than all this negative rants..

3 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by cooljude(m): 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
betty009: I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)
SCAM! SCAM! You work for dell, which position. EFCC need to start doing their work. OYIBO don finish na us u wan com chop our eye shebi. Dude park well.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by iamord(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
cooljude: SCAM! SCAM! You work for dell, which position. EFCC need to start doing their work. OYIBO don finish na us u wan com chop our eye shebi. Dude park well.

The so called guy is sitting in one cafe in bariga with a celeron lapi.. Hoping he go chop local maga eye!

Mtcheeeew!!!

He does not even know how to edit format nor write good english #jonzing

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by cooljude(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
iamord:

The so called guy is sitting in one cafe in bariga with a celeron lapi.. Hoping he go chop local maga eye!

Mtcheeeew!!!

He does not even know how to edit format nor write good english #jonzing

lol. No mind dat Ole.

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by londoner: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
@Iamlord...Its good you tried to explain the history of the whole sage, but I must add, you sought to really expain it in a way that made the alien compliance order seem clean and right, but the Nigerian Alien expulsion order, as somehow a witch hunt.

Nigerians and Ghanaians were affected the most, because they made up the largest percentage of immigrants of both countries at the time of the orders.....simple.

Both orders were metted to people who were not Ghanain or Nigerian, respectively.

The truth is both governments reacted in the same way to the same set of circumstances. If one was wrong, then so was the other.

Ghanaian were not simply just welcomed, they actually fled to Nigeria, not just because of economic instability in Ghana but also the famine/food shortages which occured and lead to Ghanaians trooping to Nigeria.

I'm not disputing your facts, but you need to steer clear of trying to paint Nigeria as the villian and Ghana as the saint in the whole episode.

That was not the reality.

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by londoner: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
many Ghanaians were welcomed in the 1970s by Nigeria, which was also in need of cheap labor. And technical services in the oil And manufacturing sector. And the ghanaians excelled @ what ever they put their hands on. From the highly techniclal jobs , to teaching , to the lowest of mineal jobs. as the oil boom faded due to corruption and mismanagement[b] Nigerians needed an answer![/b] For economic and social woes, the then government sort to shit the blame on the immigrants for similar reasons as the formal case in ghana, and also there was huge tension in the region due to the coup in ghana. Rawlings has seized power and ordered the closure of borders to avoid and possible coup . So fueled by the economic woes, competition,pressure. population burst, revenge , hampering of trade due to the closure of ghana border , the nigerian gov enacted the Expulsion Order and up to 700,000 Ghanaians were expelled from Nigeria. However, soon after, Nigerian employers allegedly invited back many
deportees because they were unable to fill the vacant positions with domestic labor
. And the economy was still hard hit by their absence, Unfortunately, in May 1985, the Nigerian government again

If you re-read what was written, you will see the difference in language when viewing from each angle. Nothing at all was even mentioned about the Nigerians in Ghana before the alien complaince order, nothing about what they also added to Ghana or what they lost. Other just cited rising crime, as if in justifaction and association with the Nigeria migrants.

Yet, the positives of Ghanaians in Nigeria are highlighted.

Its not really an unbiased write up, is it?
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
^ did you read the same post as me. How did he paint Nigeria as a villain and Ghana as a saint I think you are reading more into this than you should

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by londoner: 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
Aranaa: ^ did you read the same post as me. How did he paint Nigeria as a villain and Ghana as a saint I think you are reading more into this than you should

I read the same one. I highlighted what gave me that impression. Read what I highlighted from what was written and attribue it to each country being refered to.

Its actually not really unbiased in assessment or opinion.

According to what was written

Ghana: Reasons for Alien Compliance Order

The influx of immigrants made people unhappy....(awww)

The reason for the order was due to the increased wave of crime (justification)

All foreigners needed to obtain residents permit in order to stay (?) (Ghanaians were fair, lovely)

Nigeria: Reasons for Equivalent of the Alien Compliance Order

Nigeria was in need [/b]of cheap labour and technical services....(Ghanaians responded to a Nigerian need)

Ghanaians [b]excelled
at all they did....Ghanains were just the best at everything)

Nigerian government sort to put the blame on immigrants....(those big bad Nigerians)

Nigerian employers, allegedly invited Ghanaians back as ....the economy was hard hit by the absence of Ghanaians
..... ( Nigerians needed Ghanaians)

It looks like an excercise in painting 'good guys' (Ghanaians) and 'bad guys' (Nigerians), to me.

Not one mention of what Nigerians who were ordered to leave Ghana, added to Ghana before leaving, or how they were treated and what they lost when forced to leave. There is ONLY a picture of the loss and ill treatement of Ghanaians under the "Ghana must go", saga, and of course Nigeria's loss for forcing Ghanaians to leave.

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by londoner: 8:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
@iamlord.....you're a valued poster here, so I've said my piece, and will leave it at that.

I look forward to your other contributions on this site though.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pls my Ghananian brethren chill, the decision to deport our Ghananian brothers was done out of hatred and jealousy´.

The dirty old gay Awolowo was responsible for the worst decisions Nigeria government have ever taken since the amalgamation of Nigeria.
He was too tribalistic and hatefilled, he doesnt want to see other people make it in like except his Yoruba people, he was a sadist and to callous to label a leader.
He was responsible for food blockade during the war, he was responsible for indiginization policy after the war so that to Igbos economically relegated in Nigeria.
He handed all the major corporations in Nigeria to his kinsmen who will later use the resources to marry unlimited wives, concubines and hold parties in all the nook and crannies of the country.
He was responsible for the ghana must go saga, the decision wasnt popular in East because as at now Onitsha and Aba still have the highest concentration of Ghanaians in Nigeria to the extent that Ghana high life meastros always revere Igboland in their music.
We Igbos are competitive like our brothers in Ghana, so we fear or hate nobody, its this ediots that are lazying about looking for vehicles to collect tickets from or landlords to collect omonile fees from are the ones behind the evil decisions.

My Ghana brothers pls we sincerely apologize for the wickedness of the old hag, despite all that he did thinking that the country will be handed over to his peoplle, he was accused of treasonable felony and committed suicide in 1986.

He died fussing, he died fustrated, he died unfufilled because of wicked and hatred to your fellow human driven by jealousy and envy.

We are sorry our brothers from Ashantiland, the home of the Black Stars.

CrudeGH: hahahahaha MUMU shitnigerians making noise since 1914!

4 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by londoner: 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
BuddahMonk: Pls my Ghananian brethren chill, the decision to deport our Ghananian brothers was done out of hatred and jealousy´.

The dirty old gay Awolowo was responsible for the worst decisions Nigeria government have ever taken since the amalgamation of Nigeria.
He was too tribalistic and hatefilled, he doesnt want to see other people make it in like except his Yoruba people, he was a sadist and to callous to label a leader.
He was responsible for food blockade during the war, he was responsible for indiginization policy after the war so that to Igbos economically relegated in Nigeria.
He handed all the major corporations in Nigeria to his kinsmen who will later use the resources to marry unlimited wives, concubines and hold parties in all the nook and crannies of the country.
He was responsible for the ghana must go saga, the decision wasnt popular in East because as at now Onitsha and Aba still have the highest concentration of Ghanaians in Nigeria to the extent that Ghana high life meastros always revere Igboland in their music.
We Igbos are competitive like our brothers in Ghana, so we fear or hate nobody, its this ediots that are lazying about looking for vehicles to collect tickets from or landlords to collect omonile fees from are the ones behind the evil decisions.

My Ghana brothers pls we sincerely apologize for the wickedness of the old hag, despite all that he did thinking that the country will be handed over to his peoplle, he was accused of treasonable felony and committed suicide in 1986.

He died fussing, he died fustrated, he died unfufilled because of wicked and hatred to your fellow human driven by jealousy and envy.

We are sorry our brothers from Ashantiland, the home of the Black Stars.

You are not spokeperson for anyone else but yourself. You are not the mouth piece for the Igbo people. As far as I am concerned, the Igbo tribe has nothing to apologise to Ghana for in the whole 'Ghana must go' saga.

We never deported or advocated for the deportation of Ghanaians in our region. In fact Ghanaians have always been welcome in SE before and after.

Its embarrassing that you are begging for forgiveness over something someone else did. Just because you want to curry favour for your tribalist standpoint.

We were busy trying to recover from a civil war, remember. Imho Igbo people have no apologising to do.

If you think your rant will endear you to Ghanaians, prepare for the onslaught.

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by JiggamanGh: 4:33am On Sep 17, 2014
londoner: @Iamlord...Its good you tried to explain the history of the whole sage, but I must add, you sought to really expain it in a way that made the alien compliance order seem clean and right, but the Nigerian Alien expulsion order, as somehow a witch hunt.

Nigerians and Ghanaians were affected the most, because they made up the largest percentage of immigrants of both countries at the time of the orders.....simple.

Both orders were metted to people who were not Ghanain or Nigerian, respectively.

The truth is both governments reacted in the same way to the same set of circumstances. If one was wrong, then so was the other.

Ghanaian were not simply just welcomed, they actually fled to Nigeria, not just because of economic instability in Ghana but also the famine/food shortages which occured and lead to Ghanaians trooping to Nigeria.

I'm not disputing your facts, but you need to steer clear of trying to paint Nigeria as the villian and Ghana as the saint in the whole episode.

Well the alien compliance was humane, Nigerians were allowed to take all their properties back with them and they gave them plenty of time to get out. I agree with the alien compliance because if that measure weren't taken the largest tribe in Ghana would have been Yorubas and Hausas, as the population of migrants were almost the same as the pop of Ghanaians. Can u imagine a country were foreigners outnumber the citizens. It was something that had to be done.

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by JiggamanGh: 4:35am On Sep 17, 2014
londoner: @Iamlord...Its good you tried to explain the history of the whole sage, but I must add, you sought to really expain it in a way that made the alien compliance order seem clean and right, but the Nigerian Alien expulsion order, as somehow a witch hunt.

Well the alien compliance was humane, Nigerians were allowed to take all their properties back with them and they gave them plenty of time to get out. I agree with the alien compliance because if that measure weren't taken the largest tribe in Ghana would have been Yorubas and Hausas, as the population of migrants were almost the same as the pop of Ghanaians. Can u imagine a country were foreigners outnumber the citizens. It was something that had to be done.

Do u know how many mothers and children were killed during their journey back to Ghana. On top of that Nigerians kept all their properties.

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by JiggamanGh: 4:45am On Sep 17, 2014
londoner:

You are not spokeperson for anyone else but yourself. You are not the mouth piece for the Igbo people. As far as I am concerned, the Igbo tribe has nothing to apologise to Ghana for in the whole 'Ghana must go' saga.

We never deported or advocated for the deportation of Ghanaians in our region. In fact Ghanaians have always been welcome in SE before and after.

Its embarrassing that you are begging for forgiveness over something someone else did. Just because you want to curry favour for your tribalist standpoint.

We were busy trying to recover from a civil war, remember. Imho Igbo people have no apologising to do.

If you think your rant will endear you to Ghanaians, prepare for the onslaught.

It doesn't matter if it happened in lagos, sokoto or Enugu. It happened in Nigeria and the alien compliance happened in Ghana. We have all learned our lesson because neither country benefited from those embarrassment.

3 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by iamord(m): 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
londoner:

If you re-read what was written, you will see the difference in language when viewing from each angle. Nothing at all was even mentioned about the Nigerians in Ghana before the alien complaince order, nothing about what they also added to Ghana or what they lost. Other just cited rising crime, as if in justifaction and association with the Nigeria migrants.

Yet, the positives of Ghanaians in Nigeria are highlighted.

Its not really an unbiased write up, is it?

Hello londoner .. Glad to read from you. Its been a while. well am sorry if it seemed one sided to you, but I maintain my stand point that I was not being biased. In order for me to come at my own judgment I had to look from both angles, and take myself back in time. Grounded up with facts.

it made people unhappy. The main reason for discontent was economic competition and increased wave of crime that
occurred in the late 1960s.

Well that's actually the bitter truth as to what occurred back then. And am not just making it up in order to tag nigerians as the villains . But if you went on you will still read of other reasons as to why they wanted the nigerians out which did not sound biased.

many Ghanaians were welcomed in the 1970s by Nigeria, which was also in need
of cheap labor. And technical services in the oil And manufacturing sector. And the ghanaians excelled @ what
ever they put their hands on

Of course they were welcomed at first because the nigerian officials knew the state of ghana then. I don't see anything wrong with that. If you have been tutored by a ghanaian or seen a ghanaian artistan at work you will agree with me as to their diligence and detail to their work. Till today people still make reference to them.

government sort to poo
the blame on the immigrants
Its does not stop there..

for similar reasons as the formal case in ghana, and also there was huge tension in the region due to the coup in ghana.
Rawlings has seized power and ordered the closure of borders to avoid and possible coup . So fueled by the economic woes, competition,pressure. population
burst, revenge , hampering of trade due to the closure of ghana border

Nigerian employers allegedly
invited back many
deportees because they were unable
to fill the vacant positions with
domestic labor .

Of course they did!! There was a vacuum because some of the services that were no more or scarce were being done by ghanaians ,some masters in their feilds and at the moment were the best people for the job .. some bosses did not willful let the ghanaian workers go . Its was due to the government pressure

In the midst of it all I pointed out nigeria and ghanas faults in the issue.. If you read with a clear conscience and not always read between the lines. you will see where am coming from
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by aumeehn: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
WilyWily: @Akwasi
(You only Want to Know What caused why Ghanaians were sent away and how the times were).

Akwasi one thing you have to know is, Majority of people living in this British made cage called Nigeria like to defend bad things.

The real truth what caused the Sending of Ghanaians away is that, Ghanaians living in Nigeria were prospering, many of them were Lecturers in the Universities, Doctors, Engineers and Capenters etc, in short Ghanaians were Excellent in Every thing they laid their Hands on. Then came the Enemies of progress, every of their unemployment problems became the caused by innocent Ghanaian, Greed and Jealousy overwhelm their Brain, GHANA MUST GO becomes Yoruba National Anthem.
Anyone telling you it was a Federal Government policy, that's 100% lies. President Shagari home state of Sokoto, why was it that no single Ghanaian was deported, at Port-Harcourt, Warri, Enugu, Calabar all these towns has Thousands of Ghanaian living in but nothing happend to them.
The only place the molestation, beating and deportation were carried out was in Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta. all are Yoruba town controlled by (U.P.N) a Yoruba party.

Akwasi if you watch the documentary, it really a Sad moment. If you see Ghana women and kids packed in lorries, Women and Children Crying, tears will rush out of your eyes.
But see how people allowed Greed, Hatred and Jealousy overwhelm them, As Ghanaians were been loaded into lorries Women and Children crying, Yoruba Women and their kids were happy Cheering and Singing GHANA MUST GO BACK oshe oshe bababa.
see me see wahala oo.....shey na yr papa contri be Nigeria ha'a go home and progress nah since u re progressive pipul...y com to anothrr mans land nd say u want to stay!! iv m shagari walahi na whip a go use chase una.....foolish set of pipul!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blame Obasanjo, Other Leaders For Nigeria’s Woes — SARAKI / By NBS Estimates, Nigeria’s Population Now 193.3 Million. Kano State Leads / Unscrupulous People Edit Jimi Agbaje's Wikipedia Page (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.