Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,273 members, 7,957,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:22 PM

Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga (24284 Views)

What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? / Photo: Tinubu And Atiku Hug And Laugh: What Could Have Caused The Excitement? / Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by phuckNL: 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2009
WilyWily:

@Akwasi
Brother,
Africans most be their Brothers keeper, help each other and look after each other in times of plenty and in times of less.
In Africa their are Wicked Africans, driven by envy and Jealousy commites crime against humanity.
In Nigeria their is a tribe call Yoruba, because of rosy achievement of Ghanaians living in their mist, then came the jealousy and hatred towards them by these tribe.
All their unemployment problem and their lack of competitiveness in business field, became a caused by Ghanaians.
Beating and rendering insults on Ghana people in the street of Lagos became order of the day.
when their jealousy towards Ghana people can no more be curtail, Yoruba leaders and politicians lead by one Mr Awolowo persuaded an Hausa/Fulani man called Shagari to deport our Fellow African Brothers.

This guy is probably the most retarded poster i have seen till date. I was born after the ghana must go issue happened but i definitely know what happened.
Yes Most Ghanians were chased out of the south. Did you ask yourself where most of them were located? Lagos right? Why - because lagos was and is the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria. Why would anyone be chased out of the east when you barely had Ghanians there. Most foreigners (Ghanians included) have their densiest populations in Lagos.
How many Ghanian shoe cobblers did you have in the east? Most of these guys were in Lagos so the issue to chase them out had nothing to do with Yorubas. It was a Nigerian decision

Very soon, we may have the same thing happening. Only this time it will be Benin,Niger,and MAli must go because the bulk of these nationals have taken over OKADA business on the Island. Yes, most of these Okada riders are not even from Nigeria anymore.
When that happens, you will claim it is the Yorubas again abi.
Trust me, if the Ghanaians were heavily populated in any other state, they would have received the same treatment

2 Likes

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by aomom(m): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2009
About the Ghana must go thing imma ask my mum she told me when I was 7 cos I was like y is the bag called Ghana must go!
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by WilyWily: 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2009
phuck_NL:

This guy is probably the most retarded poster i have seen till date. I was born after the ghana must go issue happened but i definitely know what happened.
Yes Most Ghanians were chased out of the south. Did you ask yourself where most of them were located? Lagos right? Why - because lagos was and is the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria. Why would anyone be chased out of the east when you barely had Ghanians there. Most foreigners (Ghanians included) have their densiest populations in Lagos.
How many Ghanian shoe cobblers did you have in the east? Most of these guys were in Lagos so the issue to chase them out had nothing to do with Yorubas. It was a Nigerian decision

Very soon, we may have the same thing happening. Only this time it will be Benin,Niger,and MAli must go because the bulk of these nationals have taken over OKADA business on the Island. Yes, most of these Okada riders are not even from Nigeria anymore.
Trust me, if the Ghanaians were heavily populated in any other state, they would have received the same treatment
Ask your Yoruba Elders, if they are sincere the truth will come out from their Mouth.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by phuckNL: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2009
WilyWily:

Ask your Yoruba Elders, if they are sincere the truth will come out from their Mouth.

Learn to be objective. How does the fact that i opposed your statement show that i am Yoruba. Don't be foolish. If you hate Yoruba's that is your problem.

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Akwasi(m): 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2009
Im shocked in my quest for an information, it has turned into a blame game. I'M NOT INTERESTED IN WHO SENT THE GHANAIANS AWAY. Forgive me if my subject is misleading. I want what caused it and how the times were.

About the person who asked if I'm a Nigerian fermenting trouble, Im not. I'm a full blooded African seeking information
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by nex(m): 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2009
@Akwasi

please read the post by Liedetect.

Do recall that during the period of this event, Lagos was still the capital city of Nigeria. Now, hundreds of thousands of Nigerian entrepreneurs being deported back to the country will most likely end up in Lagos and if they find not enough "lebensraum", the government would create it and how best than to eject those from where our people were ejected?

I believe people acted without thinking.

@Wily-Wily

shalt thee not mend thy ways?
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Ibime(m): 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2009
I dont think the Ghanaians were chased from PH cos we grew up with many of them. Infact, at least 30% of my teachers were Ghanaian.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by vangogh: 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2009
@Akwesi,

"Ghana must go" was a decision made by the Nigerian government of Shehu Shagari because of the
economic decline in Nigeria in the early eighties.
It was also seen as an attempt by political observers as a political calculation by the Nigerian government to force Jerry Rawlings,
who had just seized power for the second time, to reopen Ghana's borders that he closed upon seizing power.
Please ignore the ethnic rants of some deranged individual(s) on this board.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by pcicero(m): 1:22am On Oct 20, 2009
vangogh:

@Akwesi,

"Ghana must go" was a decision made by the Nigerian government of Shehu Shagari because of the
It was also seen as an attempt by political observers as a political calculation by the Nigerian government to force Jerry Rawlings,
who had just seized power for the second time, to reopen Ghana's borders that he closed upon seizing power.

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by pcicero(m): 1:25am On Oct 20, 2009
vangogh:

@Akwesi,

Very intelligent. It was done because of JJ Rawlings. Nigeria has always been acting the big brother and couldn't have sent them packing because of Nigeria's economic decline. Nigeria had just transited to civil rule and it was a bid to discourage the then Military dictator in Ghana, unfortunately, it coincided with the period that Shagari was messing with the economy.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 20, 2009
Akwasi:

Im shocked in my quest for an information, it has turned into a blame game. I'M NOT INTERESTED IN WHO SENT THE GHANAIANS AWAY. Forgive me if my subject is misleading. I want what caused it and how the times were.

About the person who asked if I'm a Nigerian fermenting trouble, Im not. I'm a full blooded African seeking information

google is your friend
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by WilyWily: 10:21am On Oct 21, 2009
Akwasi are u there
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by WilyWily: 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Akwasi
(You only Want to Know What caused why Ghanaians were sent away and how the times were).

Akwasi one thing you have to know is, Majority of people living in this British made cage called Nigeria like to defend bad things.

The real truth what caused the Sending of Ghanaians away is that, Ghanaians living in Nigeria were prospering, many of them were Lecturers in the Universities, Doctors, Engineers and Capenters etc, in short Ghanaians were Excellent in Every thing they laid their Hands on. Then came the Enemies of progress, every of their unemployment problems became the caused by innocent Ghanaian, Greed and Jealousy overwhelm their Brain, GHANA MUST GO becomes Yoruba National Anthem.
Anyone telling you it was a Federal Government policy, that's 100% lies. President Shagari home state of Sokoto, why was it that no single Ghanaian was deported, at Port-Harcourt, Warri, Enugu, Calabar all these towns has Thousands of Ghanaian living in but nothing happend to them.
The only place the molestation, beating and deportation were carried out was in Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta. all are Yoruba town controlled by (U.P.N) a Yoruba party.

Akwasi if you watch the documentary, it really a Sad moment. If you see Ghana women and kids packed in lorries, Women and Children Crying, tears will rush out of your eyes.
But see how people allowed Greed, Hatred and Jealousy overwhelm them, As Ghanaians were been loaded into lorries Women and Children crying, Yoruba Women and their kids were happy Cheering and Singing GHANA MUST GO BACK oshe oshe bababa.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by aljharem2: 1:30am On Jan 12, 2011
what kind of trend is this and wilywily and udezue were allowed to post tribal things against the yorubas to a non-nigeria angry

that is very very wrong wrong angry angry angry angry

you do not lie or threat other ethnic group with sure disrespect at all angry
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by isalegan2: 2:39am On Jan 12, 2011
-
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by koruji(m): 2:54am On Jan 12, 2011
@WilyWily
O ni ku're. I bi to ba ti n'ronu Yoruba ni buruku lo ti ma rin si wa ju ako yo yo.

@Akwasi
Don't mind this bufoon called WilyWily - he is a m.oron of unimaginable proportions - born to complain and die thinking about Yorubas. "Ghana must go" happened in 1983 during the second term of a civilian president of Nigeria - Shagari. It was an ignorant response to an economic crisis that befell Nigeria as oil prices crashed in the early 1980s after rising dramatically in the late 1970s. Unfortunately, many countries in Africa and around the world still make foreign workers scapegoats for unemployment. Good example is that many people in the US blame Mexicans for taking away their "jobs".

WilyWily:

@Akwasi
(You only Want to Know What caused why Ghanaians were sent away and how the times were).

Akwasi one thing you have to know is, Majority of people living in this British made cage called Nigeria like to defend bad things.

The real truth what caused the Sending of Ghanaians away is that, Ghanaians living in Nigeria were prospering, many of them were Lecturers in the Universities, Doctors, Engineers and Capenters etc, in short Ghanaians were Excellent in Every thing they laid their Hands on. Then came the Enemies of progress, every of their unemployment problems became the caused by innocent Ghanaian, Greed and Jealousy overwhelm their Brain, GHANA MUST GO becomes Yoruba National Anthem.
Anyone telling you it was a Federal Government policy, that's 100% lies. President Shagari home state of Sokoto, why was it that no single Ghanaian was deported, at Port-Harcourt, Warri, Enugu, Calabar all these towns has Thousands of Ghanaian living in but nothing happend to them.
The only place the molestation, beating and deportation were carried out was in Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta. all are Yoruba town controlled by (U.P.N) a Yoruba party.

Akwasi if you watch the documentary, it really a Sad moment. If you see Ghana women and kids packed in lorries, Women and Children Crying, tears will rush out of your eyes.
But see how people allowed Greed, Hatred and Jealousy overwhelm them, As Ghanaians were been loaded into lorries Women and Children crying, Yoruba Women and their kids were happy Cheering and Singing GHANA MUST GO BACK oshe oshe bababa.

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by jason123: 3:02am On Jan 12, 2011
Wilywily, people like you only generate hate for themselves.Smh!
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Abeem(m): 5:32am On Jan 12, 2011
This ttit-for-tat game has its origin in the irational immigration policy of Ghana in 1969 and has continue since then. See this----

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511430.0.html

And this ----  http://www.globalpost.com/notebook/ghana/090909/ghana-nigeria-stop-bashing

Then this ---  http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/blogs/blog.article.php?blog=1770&ID=1000005190 (the reference to Alhaji Buhari is not correct. In contrast, Alhaji Shagari, as the President, sign the immigration act)
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by wilywily9: 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Akwasi,
Always have a long spoon when eating with anything Yoruba. They are unpredictable, the wickedness in them has no equal.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by aljharem2: 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2011
wily:wily:

@Akwasi,
Always have a long spoon when eating with anything Yoruba. They are unpredictable, the wickedness in them has no equal.

you do not give up; do u undecided
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by WilyWily4: 11:14am On Dec 10, 2011
Yorubas Chased Ghanaians away from Nigeria
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by koruji(m): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2011
It seems you received a lobotomy and your entire white stuff was replaced by some evil maniac with anti-Yoruba rants.

Were nothing nothing. O ma se o  cry cry cry

Wily¬Wily:

Yorubas Chased Ghanaians away from Nigeria
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2011
arthur nzeribe is the cause of the word ghana must go used to qualify a bag. he looted ghana money when he was working with nkrumah hence the word ghana must go bag.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by babsjnr(m): 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2011
Yoruba man don snatch willy willy wife. d guy dey vex
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by betty009(f): 7:09pm On Mar 07, 2012
I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
I can't beleive people are actually dignifying Wiliwily's post by replying him. It's obvious some people are new to nairaland.

Ibime:

I dont think the Ghanaians were chased from PH cos we grew up with many of them. Infact, at least 30% of my teachers were Ghanaian.

I also noticed this when i was a PH guy. Most schools had wicked well disciplined ghanian teachers.

1 Like

Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by tarano: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nonsense, this was tits for tat,

former Ghanaian president Busia's Aliens Compliance Order of 1969 led to the deportation of over 300, 000 Nigerians mostly Yorubas,
In 1983, Nigeria deported up to 1 million Ghanaian and other African immigrants when Ghana was facing severe drought and economic problems,
So do me I do you, God no go vex,

The last chapter has not been written yet, in this deportation saga,
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by dasparrow: 1:50am On Mar 08, 2012
tarano:

Nonsense, this was bosoms for tat,

former Ghanaian president Busia's Aliens Compliance Order of 1969 led to the deportation of over 300, 000 Nigerians mostly Yorubas,
In 1983, Nigeria deported up to 1 million Ghanaian and other African immigrants when Ghana was facing severe drought and economic problems,

Interesting!
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by cfours: 2:12am On Mar 08, 2012
tarano:

Nonsense, this was [i]ti[/i]t for tat,

YUP. very correct.
Ghana deported Nigerians first and then we retaliated.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by bashr8: 2:14am On Mar 08, 2012
phuck_NL:

This guy is probably the most slow poster i have seen till date. I was born after the ghana must go issue happened but i definitely know what happened.

stop writting crap ,in as mch as the blame should go to shagari rather than yorubas, there were as much ghananians in eastern nigeria as they were in southwest but those in southeast remained up till today ,it never happened in the east.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by igbaodun: 2:14am On Mar 08, 2012
@OP:

The Ghana must go issue only happened in the East. The Biafrans is their usual unreasonable manner sent the Ghanaians out of their home turf, that has now turn to a haven for kidnappers, in an attempt to ease the economic woe that befell them after the end of the civil war. Just so you know, the Biafrans killed zero Nigerians while the Nigerian Army (NA) killed over two million ugly-looking, lazy, machete-wielding, human-eating, rag-tag Biafran soldiers.  In summary, the war was declared a draw .   .  .  go figure smiley

Blame the whole Ghana-must-go issue on the dirty, akpu-eating Ibos.
Re: Who Caused The 'Ghana Must Go' Saga by cfours: 2:16am On Mar 08, 2012
Akwasi:

please don't listen to that wilygoat.
he is just an insecure Arrow whose days in Lagos are numbered.

I hope your question has been answered.
Ghanians kicked us out of their country. so we kicked them out of our country. an eye for an eye.
your country never realized that a retaliation would hurt your country more since there were more of you guys on our land.
I'm glad that those days are past us sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Names House Committee Chairmen, Skips Own Campaign DG, Jubrin / Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan / Lauretta Onochie Slams Saraki Fo Saying World Is Watching How PMB Will Treat SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.