Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Welcome To Aba - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Aba (38511 Views)

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / My Trip To Aba / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 12:14am On Jul 06, 2011
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:15am On Jul 06, 2011
Thanks Chinenye

Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 12:17am On Jul 06, 2011
More pictures from Umuahia. . .

Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 12:20am On Jul 06, 2011
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:29am On Jul 06, 2011
another

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:36am On Jul 06, 2011
Factory Road industrial estate

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:37am On Jul 06, 2011
more

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:38am On Jul 06, 2011
another

Re: Welcome To Aba by ChinenyeN(m): 12:39am On Jul 06, 2011
No problem FACE.
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:48am On Jul 06, 2011
Osisioma industrial estate

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:49am On Jul 06, 2011
osisioma

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:50am On Jul 06, 2011
osisioma

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:51am On Jul 06, 2011
osisioma

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:52am On Jul 06, 2011
osisioma

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:53am On Jul 06, 2011
osisioma

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:54am On Jul 06, 2011
osisioma

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 12:55am On Jul 06, 2011
Aba may be suffering from neglect, but it is still a heavy employer of labour.

Re: Welcome To Aba by Basseti: 12:58am On Jul 06, 2011
Nice pics, me likey

The roads seem nice.
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 1:13am On Jul 06, 2011
Still Osisioma Industrial Estate. Some people just cruise by the express and they imagine that they have been to Aba or Umuahia. In short make we leave am like that before I spam this place.

Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 1:21am On Jul 06, 2011
Lastly, while coming in through PH, there are also small and large scale industries left and righ of the Express spanning a huge distance towards Tonimas or toll gate.

It is hightime someone stood up for ABA.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 2:22am On Jul 06, 2011
FACE:

Lastly, while coming in through PH, there are also small and large scale industries left and righ of the Express spanning a huge distance towards Tonimas or toll gate.

It is hightime someone stood up for ABA.

Gbam!
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 3:47am On Jul 06, 2011
I'd love to visit this ur aba, cos it seems that i am living in the fake one.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 3:49am On Jul 06, 2011
kasiem:

I'd love to visit this your aba, cos it seems that i am living in the fake one.

It seems like you haven't learned your lesson yet. I have no problem correcting my wayward Igbo brothers such as yourself.
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 4:04am On Jul 06, 2011
Ezeuche, u can never hate anambrarians, cos they are too great for them to realize ur poor feelings against them. The only thing u can do is to jealous them. So, learn the difference between jealous and hatred. Adichie, akunyili, emordi, etiaba,cardinal arinze,soludo,ojukwu,achebe,innoson,olive d'coque,osadebe,morrocco,ejeagha,coscharis,ekwueme,nestoil,azikiwe,orizu, ezeoke,anyaoku,chike obi,emegwali and others too numerous to mention. Anambra is the brain box of africa. Bear it in mind that anambra , enugu and delta still sees themselves as brothers, despite, the state creation.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 4:09am On Jul 06, 2011
kasiem:

Ezeuche, u can never hate anambrarians, cos they are too great for them to realize your poor feelings against them. The only thing u can do is to jealous them. So, learn the difference between jealous and hatred. Adichie, akunyili, emordi, etiaba,cardinal arinze,soludo,ojukwu,achebe,innoson,olive d'coque,osadebe,morrocco,ejeagha,coscharis,ekwueme,nestoil,azikiwe,orizu, ezeoke,anyaoku,chike obi,emegwali and others too numerous to mention. Anambra is the brain box of africa. Bear it in mind that anambra , enugu and delta still sees themselves as brothers, despite, the state creation.

Adichie was born in Enugu, but raised in Umuahia.

We Abians have native sons who cared about the Igbo race. Have you forgotten Dr. Michael Okpara, who did more for Igbos than Nnamdi Azikiwe?

Alvan Ikoku, a native son of Arochukwu.
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 4:11am On Jul 06, 2011
Ezeuche, i'm not living in anambra, i only visit my village, which is located in nnewi south, periodically. And within my area, the government is not doing bad. So, it behoves any person that sees where gov't is shortcoming to criticise,inorder, to make that gov't (not the people) feel abashed. The moribund state of aba need not to be embellished with e-publicity.
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 8:35am On Jul 06, 2011
kasiem:

Ezeuche, i'm not living in anambra, i only visit my village, which is located in nnewi south, periodically. And within my area, the government is not doing bad. So, it behoves any person that sees where gov't is shortcoming to criticise,inorder, to make that gov't (not the people) feel abashed. The moribund state of aba need not to be embellished with e-publicity.

Nobody is disputing the level of disrepair of Aba Urban roads and no one is disputing the poor sanitation either. However, you can criticise the government without trying to knock the hardworking people of Aba and act like its a ghost town with no activity going on there. You do a great disservice to Aba people when you don't give them credit where it is due and not acknowledge the things that make Aba strong. A sick man still deserves some dignity.

kasiem:

I'd love to visit this your aba, cos it seems that i am living in the fake one.

Those places I posted are still there; I have not put them in my pocket. Notice that all the pictures I posted are the industrial areas only and I mentioned the areas I was posting. If you actually live in Aba, go to those areas and verify for yourself.

I am from Umuahia, same as the governor and I admit that he has given a lot of attention to Umuahia, but he is a dunce to not know that Aba is Abia's goldmine and he is slowing down the momentum of the city.

Yes, Aba is suffering from infrastructural neglect, but the basic foundation is there and the only work needed is a facelift and rejuvenation.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:55am On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

More pictures from Umuahia. . .

Wow. You guys are really brainwashed and living in illusion. Why not visit other SE cities, Awka, Enugu, Owerri to see what capital city looks like?? As a land-economist, from the professional stand point this is a semi-urban center with poor outlook, poor architecture and zero hospitality. This cannot be said of Awka city with good hospitality ,mindblwoing infrastructure and excellent architectural edifice adorning the streets and roads of Awka.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:05am On Jul 06, 2011
FACE:

osisioma

This is absurd. Do you think we are all dunces here. How can you post google earth as a town landscape. Am sure you know your dealing with an environmental scientist here. Can you please post an aerial photographic view of aba Get a helicopter to to that ok. We have done a survey in the town, aba is a semi-urban town with no infrastructure, no planning, no organization. Have you traveled thru the express in aba before?? Did you see the menace, the horror, the environmental degradation threatening the human exixtence in Aba You guys should start thinking of how to save your dying home state from going down. Ignorants!!!!!!!
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:19am On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

We Abians have native sons who cared about the Igbo race. Have you forgotten Dr. Michael Okpara, who did more for Igbos than Nnamdi Azikiwe?

Are you the warehouse of internet You lie alot. Are you merely taking glory or pride that our own Adichie grew up in your sub-umuhia or that you feel that an average Anambran is seen as an American born in Nigeria therefore you should parade with pride for that feat. To disappoint you Adichie never grew up in that you rural umuhia. Have Anambrans taking pride that a particular popular individual was born their soil, its because Anambra soil produces academic giants, industrial giants, think about it all the fields you can ever think of where people are successful it must be an Anambran. So in that sense an average Anambran is seen as an American living in Nigeria. They are not arrogant, but because of your inferiority complex toward them, you feel too below standard to compete with them wherever they are.

Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimamanda_Ngozi_Adichie
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:37am On Jul 06, 2011
EzeUche:

Was it not the same Okpara that was carrying Zik's bags for him? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin For your knowledge Great Zik, is Zik of Africa and not some local champions like Okpara who was hardly known beyond his community. Among all the nationalists Zik was the most outstanding and most recognized by the colonial masters. Although Okpara was not even among the nationalist anyways, rather he was seen following great Zik around. So don't in your life time mention Great Zik and Okpara on the same page again, bceause they were never equals
Re: Welcome To Aba by dustydee: 10:45am On Jul 06, 2011
Is there not governor or government in this state?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady Refuses To Alight And Apologize After Bashing A Man's Car At Lagos Island / Traditional Wedding Guests In Accident In Abia, Many Feared Dead (Graphic) / Helicopter Crashes Into Lagos Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.