Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Welcome To Aba - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Aba (38513 Views)

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / My Trip To Aba / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Aba by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:55am On Jul 05, 2011
My pet hate is seeing dust and dirt building up at the sides/shoulders of these roads. It itches my eyes. Why can't the state governments (and Abuja included) invest in motorized street cleaners?

Another thing i hate is this white/black paint we're fond of painting on the lane dividers and edges of sidewalks. It makes the roads look filthy and unkempt with all the dust about. It wouldn't have been so bad if they were cleaned or repainted every few months.

And finally, when street lights get nicked, why don't they replace them immediately. Honestly, i tire.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ak47mann(m): 2:05am On Jul 05, 2011
development in anambra state by peter obi cool cool see for yourself,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtCP7cNgsJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb3X9r_AaLk
Re: Welcome To Aba by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:12am On Jul 05, 2011
ak47mann:

development in anambra state by peter obi cool cool see for yourself,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtCP7cNgsJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb3X9r_AaLk

^^^ He's trying, but there's still loads more to be done.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ak47mann(m): 2:45am On Jul 05, 2011
EzeUche:

Even though we Igbos are united, we still have our disagreements.

The Anambra Igbos, especially from the Onitsha areas are disliked by many Igbos. Anambra Igbos think they are the truth Igbos compared to those from Imo, Abia, Ebonyi and sometimes Enugu.

They are the most arrogant Igbos, and many of it denizens are found in every criminal activities.
never knew you hav  this much hatred for anambra people,yes we are industrious  we work hard for our money not all of us are into drugs ebony people full my town in  nnewi renting houses from us but they have these thing about anambra people, they are not business people like anambra and we understand not everybody can do business and succeed is not easy!! but most crimes in my town are carried out mostly by ebony people they are big headache to us now they marry anambra girls saying they want to have a baby with business brain am not dissing you this is the truth,come to nnewi and see what we have achieved no help from govt my people work hard and they know how to make money don't hate them is their nature  cool cool
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 6:48am On Jul 05, 2011
ak47mann:

never knew you hav  this much hatred for anambra people,yes we are industrious  we work hard for our money not all of us are into drugs ebony people full my town in  nnewi renting houses from us but they have these thing about anambra people, they are not business people like anambra and we understand not everybody can do business and succeed is not easy!! but most crimes in my town are carried out mostly by ebony people they are big headache to us now they marry anambra girls saying they want to have a baby with business brain am not dissing you this is the truth,come to nnewi and see what we have achieved no help from govt my people work hard and they know how to make money don't hate them is their nature  cool cool

I would not call it hate. Anambra Igbos need to understand how other Igbos view them. You see how you mention Igbos from Ebonyi state? Why blame them, when your brothers are committing crimes abroad?  angry

Igbo bu Igbo. We just dislike the arrogance that comes from our Anambra brothers.

Tell your brothers to cease and desist with the mocking of Abia state.
Re: Welcome To Aba by gidson12(m): 7:16am On Jul 05, 2011
ChinenyeN:

No, this is good. Let them keep going. Wetin concern Ofe Manu with Anambra vs. Abia? And which one be 'dirty linen'? Una sef. .
you must be high on your urine for calling me an 'ofe nmanu'
Re: Welcome To Aba by ChinenyeN(m): 7:36am On Jul 05, 2011
The 'ofe manu' bit has nothing to do with you. I was generally just addressing various posts.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:01am On Jul 05, 2011
EzeUche:

Even though we Igbos are united, we still have our disagreements.

The Anambra Igbos, especially from the Onitsha areas are disliked by many Igbos. Anambra Igbos think they are the truth Igbos compared to those from Imo, Abia, Ebonyi and sometimes Enugu.

They are the most arrogant Igbos, and many of it denizens are found in every criminal activities.

Hate Anambra all you want, it doesn't remove the fact that Anambra is the origin of Igbos and the leading light for the southeast geopolitical zone right from the time of the Great Zik of Africa
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2011
Bia, ezeuche, imakwa ife? Anyi n'akwa ndi ochichi emo, k'anyi mara na fa oga ebido ime nkeoma, i nodu ebea na-acho ndi na achoghi gi. Biko kpachapu anya.
Chino na ezeagu, unu nwe okwu ma obu iwe, unu tufegalu ndi ochichi
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2011
Bia, ezeuche, imakwa ife? Anyi n'akwa ndi ochichi emo, k'anyi mara na fa oga ebido ime nkeoma, i nodu ebea na-acho ndi na achoghi gi. Biko kpachapu anya.
Chino na ezeagu, unu nwe okwu ma obu iwe, unu tufegalu ndi ochichi
Re: Welcome To Aba by ChinenyeN(m): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2011
Chino, that bit about origin is complete BS, if you don't know.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2011
chino11:

Hate Anambra all you want, it doesn't remove the fact that Anambra is the origin of Igbos and the leading light for the southeast geopolitical zone right from the time of the Great Zik of Africa

I thought Imo state was the cradle of Igbo civilization? angry

The same "Great" Zik of Africa whose kinsmen allow his burial place to fall into disrepair?

Anambra Igbos only ruin the name of Igbos abroad.
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
EzeUche:

I thought Imo state was the cradle of Igbo civilization? angry

The same "Great" Zik of Africa whose kinsmen allow his burial place to fall into disrepair?

Anambra Igbos only ruin the name of Igbos abroad.

shaaattapp dia, ideeiot

anambra igbos did not start this rubbish, IT WAS YOU MUMU

i am from anambra as well and i can tell u we are not proud people to our other igbo brothers until u came with u ugly head to start insult anambra

ur tribalism as gotten so worse u even took it on, on ur fellow igbo brothers

very soon, u would hear arochuckwus are the best warriors in igbo history

ideeiot
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^

Stop claiming what you are not. It is becoming quite tiresome.
Re: Welcome To Aba by Chyz2: 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2011
alj_harem:

shaaattapp dia, ideeiot

anambra igbos did not start this rubbish, IT WAS YOU MUMU

i am from anambra as well and i can tell u we are not proud people to our other igbo brothers until u came with u ugly head to start insult anambra

your tribalism as gotten so worse u even took it on, on your fellow igbo brothers

very soon, u would hear arochuckwus are the best warriors in igbo history

ideeiot

You're a funny character. Very soon we will hear that your Awori people were the most war-like yorubas!
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2011
EzeUche:

^^^

Stop claiming what you are not. It is becoming quite tiresome.

if u are tired then why don't u shut up then

or are u paid for this
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 5:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
Chyz*:

You're a funny character. Very soon we will hear your Awori people were the most war-like yorubas
when did awori ever fought,
Re: Welcome To Aba by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2011
its ok brothers embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2011
Thump up Alh Harem. Finish that abia kidnapper ezeuche grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I thought he wanted to post pictures. hahahahha. Let him post one pictures of any part of the rural state of abia. Anambra remains number one state East of the Niger. Even other SE states want to be Anambrans citizens by all means. I think same cannot be said about your mushroom Abia state

Below is the origin of Igbos to confirm that Igbos in general descended from Nri in Anambra State

http://www.ndigboswitzerland.org/Docs/ArticlebyMaziNwekeonoriginoftheIgbos.htm
Re: Welcome To Aba by Afam4eva(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Chino
Will you shutup your dirty mouth and stop yarning dust. What kind of Igbo are you sef.
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2011
chino11:

Thump up Alh Harem. Finish that abia kidnapper ezeuche grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I thought he wanted to post pictures. hahahahha. Let him post one pictures of any part of the rural state of abia. Anambra remains number one state East of the Niger. Even other SE states want to be Anambrans citizens by all means. I think same cannot be said about your mushroom Abia state

Below is the origin of Igbos to confirm that Igbos in general descended from Nri in Anambra State

http://www.ndigboswitzerland.org/Docs/ArticlebyMaziNwekeonoriginoftheIgbos.htm

haba, and yet u are doing the same thing i just warned ezeuche about

u have to learn to see each other as one

all this anambra thing is rubbish

anambra and abia are just in 1 ethnic stock called igbo

being tribalsitic to state level is just dumb
Re: Welcome To Aba by ChinenyeN(m): 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2011
Chino, you mean that 'Igbo people are Eri-Jew' nonsense? grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by ak47mann(m): 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Chino, you mean that 'Igbo people are Eri-Jew' nonsense? grin
his not lying cool cool
Re: Welcome To Aba by ChinenyeN(m): 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
If he's talking about Eri/Nri and Nri-related groups, then fine, if that's what they believe. I can leave them with their Eri tales, but they should leave the rest of us out of it.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 11:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
Nri's influence did not reach Arochuku.
Re: Welcome To Aba by Basseti: 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2011
Hahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is really funny especially reading EzeUche's posts. Dude is a pathological hater.

All hail the Michelle Bachman of Nairaland.
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 11:36pm On Jul 05, 2011
Aba has taken a lot of flak lately because of the negative news that dwarfed any other news coming from the city. The kidnapping episode late last year seemed to subdue the erstwhile indomitable and can do spirit of Enyimba people.I was surprised that one person (Osisikankwu) and his marauding gang could pocket the roughnecks in Aba.

Aba has also suffered immeasurable neglect from the knucklehead governor (KG) resulting in monumental decay of infrastructure. KG once lamented that only 20% of the 600+ manufacturing outfit in Aba were paying taxes to the state government.

People on this forum have also made very disparaging, ignorant and careless statements about Aba without realizing that you don’t kick a man whilst he is down.

I have to put Aba into perspective as a true Abian. Let me make it clear that Igbo land is my domain and I won’t sit by and watch unwarranted attacks on Umuahia (especially), Owerri, Aba, Enugu, Onitsha, Awka, Afikpo, Nnewi  and other cities in my domain, more so when the flaks are coming from Ndi Igbo ibe m.

Aba was well planned and only requires a facelift in terms of road repairs, drainage and sanitation, which would be provided by a committed governor. The aerial view of Aba can bear testimony to this.

Aba was estimated to have more than 870000 residents as at 2006 census. This figure would be significantly higher if you include the greater/metropolitan Aba area. This population is made up of artisans, corporate workers, factory, workers, traders and their families. It is a hands-on city and everywhere is like a market.

The city is known as an industrial and commercial city.

According to UNIDO. “The Aba shoe and leather goods cluster is composed of seven zones. Each zone is specialized in certain product line such as ladies sandals, mules, men’s closed shoes and sandals,boots, leather goods such as bags and travel goods. It is estimated that the total number of entrepreneurs in all the zones is 55,371. Average number of people employed is about 4.3persons/entrepreneur making it totally to 240,000 people in the whole cluster. Average number of dependants per entrepreneur is 7.8 and this means that 1.87 million people are depending their livelihood on Aba shoe and leather goods community. Approximate combined production of footwear and leather goods is 75,000 pieces/day” http://www.unido.org/fileadmin/import/32799_BergRep1a.pdf

This market is locally known as Bakassi and traders from other West African countries flock to that market to buy their products.

I have also bought shoes from there and sold in Cameroon and it was good business. I used to go by air to Douala from PH, paid a lot of money to greedy PH and DLA airport officials and still made nice profits.

That market helped to keep me independent while spending big when I was at school and I still had enough money to embark of West African tour just before my NYSC. The volume of trade going on in that market is huge, but KH doesn’t realise that he wont be getting more than 20% tax return as long as his back is turned on Aba.

Other notable markets in Aba are Ariara International, Cemetery Road, Ngwa Road, electronics market in Pounds Road (everywhere is market in Aba)

Industrial Layouts

There are several industries scattered within the city but there are also well-defined industrial layouts, which are heavily subscribed. As you approach Aba from Umuahia direction, you will not fail to notice various factories/industries to the left and right of the express road. This trend continues until you start heading into town. The state government says that there are more than 600 small to large-scale industries registered in Aba. This excludes industries employing few people.

The industrial layouts are:

Factory Road Industrial layout (here you will find factories like Nigeria Breweries, PZ Plc, Unilever, KSI plc, NBC aka Coke etc) This layout is fully subscribed by big hitters.

Ogbor Hill Industrial L/out (the likes of International Glass Industry PLC, Aba Textile PLC, International Equitable Association PLC,
Glassforce PLC (largest bottle, test tubes and laboratory glassware in Nigeria), 7UP bottling co etc.

Osisoma Industrial L/out (NNPC depot, TONIMAS lubricants, Choice paints, De Smet Refineries, Plant Oil and Chemical Industries Ltd, Theo & Theo paints, Ceeplast Resin and Plastic Industries, Oil Crusher and refineries and many others.

There are several other big timers scattered all over town like Star Paper Mills, ANCOS steel (fabricators of steel and machineries including trailers, tankers and industrial reservoirs),Slok Vegitable Oil.

Accordingly, Aba integrated power project by Geometric power is developing substations in the 4 industrial belts in Aba. Shell is already supplying gas through their pipeline to industries in Aba.

The problem with Aba is neglect and lack of vision by governor. You may say anything about Aba, but you can’t deny that it is in the top 4 most industrialised cities in Nigeria. Top 4 most commercial city in Nigeria. Foremost cottage/small cluster industry city in Nigeria.

ABA, the pride of Abia, Umuahia the bride of Abia.

Snapshots of the industrial area below.
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ezeuche, i wldn't in any way tolerate any unguarded comment from u. Pls ezeagu, dont miscontrue me if i start attacking this son of a woman.
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
Chinenye and Ezeuche, I have screen shots from google map. How do I paste them ? Thanks
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ezeuche, i wldn't in any way tolerate any unguarded comment from u. Pls ezeagu, dont miscontrue me if i start attacking this son of a woman.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2011
kasiem:

You hold your tongue about Abia and you will not have to worry about any unguarded comments from me about Anambra Igbos and their vices.  angry

Abia, Enugu, Imo and Ebonyi Igbos are united against Anambra arrogance.

Igbo bu Igbo. I think it is time you Anambra Igbo realize this.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ChinenyeN(m): 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
FACE:

Chinenye and Ezeuche, I have screen shots from google map. How do I paste them ? Thanks
If I'm not mistaking, you can do those as attachments to your replies/post. Right below the dialogue box, there's a button that says "Choose File" that lets you access different file types for attachment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Helicopter Crashes Into Lagos Lagoon / Photos From Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge This Evening / "Xenophobia Is Happening In India. Nigerians Being Beaten" - Nigerian Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.