Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,947 members, 7,845,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer (21798 Views)

Court Unfreezes 16 Accounts Belonging To Patience Jonathan / EFCC Discovers N6bn Hotel In Abuja Linked To Patience Jonathan / "Why Jonathan Could Not Accuse Me Of Corruption" - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Firefire(m): 9:55am On Sep 24, 2016
nextprince:

But financial corruption is our greatest problem. Besides, point out the moral corruption of the president grin.

Firefire:

How can a morally kworupt Buhary fight kworoption?

He even went as far as telling the whole world that "Abacha did not steal any money". Imagine?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by nextprince: 9:56am On Sep 24, 2016
poyet:
Where could GEJ have gotten 20 million dollars himself. You guys are simply exposing yourselves the more!
Don't mind the clowns. They say his salaries, estacodes and allowances amount to dat grin.
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by nextprince: 9:58am On Sep 24, 2016
Firefire:

Is dat moral corruption? Pls use ur dictionary. grin
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Pavore9: 10:00am On Sep 24, 2016
anonimi:

How does that tie YOU to any political party, sir?
Thanks.

I expressed myself while you brought up the APC angle.
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by anonimi: 10:02am On Sep 24, 2016
Pavore9:
I expressed myself while you brought up the APC angle.

.........which I was free to do on a public forum, not so

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Teespice(f): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2016
Tolexander:
Could this man be a real lawyer?

From what school did he study his law? even me wey be say na laws like Boyle's, Charles, Avogadro, gravity and diffusion dem teach me for school, I still know Patience Jonathan claiming the money in 4 companies in the name of his houseboy is against the law. How can she explain herself receiving the money from her husband?
How can her husband explain how he got that so much money to give her wife?

20million dollars = N3billion (using $1=N150). Dem no dey spend money at all for her husband to have got that so much amount saved from his salary in 16years to give his wife?

Oga lawyer, e de beru olorun!

I watched the excerpts of the interview and I was so disappointed at the way he contradicted himself severally.

I am still asking what she did job wise to amass that kind of money? Surely it cannot be her perm. sec. job na. the office of the first lady is not recognised by the constitution and even if it was, I doubt that her salary and allowances would be up to the amount in question.

these are the questions people should ask but instead, they will point fingers at others saying they should be prosecuted for similar crimes.

it is well.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by anonimi: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2016
ayindejimmy:
Wailing as usual
Whenever a thief is identified, Wailers rush in to derail the post

Did I wail when the following thieves were identified

General Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment As Chief Of Army Staff

General Tukur Yusuf Buratai bought a second choice property in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, days after his appointment as Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS), an investigation by SaharaReporters has revealed.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/27/general-buratai-bought-second-dubai-property-days-after-appointment-chief-army-staff

More Details Emerge On Nigeria Chief Of Army Staff General Buratai’s Dubai Properties

An ongoing investigation by SaharaReporters into properties acquired in Dubai by Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Tukur Buratai, has revealed more details about the officer’s real estate acquisitions estimated at N160 million at the minimum.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/09/more-details-emerge-nigeria-chief-army-staff-general-buratai%E2%80%99s-dubai-properties

[img]http://madukovich.files./2015/10/buratai-doing-push-ups-with-soldiers-in-the.jpeg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206894_tmp30566fbimg1450529509545914443311_jpeg4c3407a2efe4a93f64218f856abf9b9a

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Firefire(m): 10:10am On Sep 24, 2016
nextprince:

Is dat moral corruption? Pls use ur dictionary. grin

Just an example from a dishonest man. Look around you for Buhary's moral kworuption.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by anonimi: 10:11am On Sep 24, 2016
Teespice:
I watched the excerpts of the interview and I was so disappointed at the way he contradicted himself severally.

I am still asking what she did job wise to amass that kind of money? Surely it cannot be her perm. sec. job na. the office of the first lady is not recognised by the constitution and even if it was, I doubt that her salary and allowances would be up to the amount in question.

these are the questions people should ask but instead, they will point fingers at others saying they should be prosecuted for similar crimes.

it is well.

This is where the EFCC should have liaised with the TAX people in the FIRS to find out how much tax the companies paid.
If they did not pay any or the taxes are LOWER than what they should have paid based on the deposits, then they should do a correct ASSESSMENT and make the COMPANIES pay up the tax arrears devoid of all this entertainment NOISE that will surely lead to NOTHING as usual.
Any wonder we black people are so backward with this PRIMITIVE simplex way of dealing with rather SIMPLE matters hence we remain eternal slaves to our equally intelligent white folks

[img]http://fatchicksings.files./2013/04/deathandtaxes.jpg[/img]

tonte23:
In a wedding ceremony at Ikoyi registry, Lagos, a 28-year-old Nigerian man has tied the knot with a 71-Year-Old European woman. Despite the 43 years difference in their ages, the couple expressed they got married because they are deeply in love. However, many Nigerians are saying this wedding maybe for other reasons but love.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/644400_Screen-shot-2012-02-19-at-1_44_44-AM_jpg877d53c3c1855d252148e33dd550bbe7[/img]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/644405_Screen-shot-2012-02-19-at-1_45_45-AM_jpga9b4cb37a7f9cf02cc66079ad45c056b[/img]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Pavore9: 10:14am On Sep 24, 2016
anonimi:

.........which I was free to do on a public forum, not so

It is a public forum but my first post on this thread was merely "The lawyer no well at all!" then you chose to quote me and brought up APC! cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Ripama: 10:15am On Sep 24, 2016
D idiot want to solicit brown envelope. Recession hit legal practitioners too. Jonathan earned a dubious credit and accolades of many by conceding defeat during 2015 election. He has a plan be of running d country aground. It is obvious whom the miscreants dt called themselves Niger Delta Avengers are working for and what are they avenging. Election loss! Corruption cover-ups! They threatened EFCC that they will bomb NNPC headquarter if formal first lady Patience Jonathan is arrested for money laundry. The demanded dt FG shud release Dasuki.
It's now obvious that corruption is fighting back. Their oga at d top wanted to carry out dt atrocities n pass on unnoticed. He electroplated himself as a nice gentle b4 the whole world. He's really developed d ball, dt wasn't d initial Jonathan we used to know. They empowered dose criminals wt trainings n ammunitions as plan B n now, it is materialising.
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by bashydemy1: 10:21am On Sep 24, 2016
Firefire:
ok let the one-sided fight against kworuption continue.

Dambazul

Burantai

And others, please continue to enjoy your loots.

Modify**
PS: Before you quote me out of context, read the transcript of the communications below.

Thank you.

I know your likes will never disappoint in your abobaku work, Your support for corruption has distinction.. Where are the rest

anonimo

izonpikin

barcanister

chukwudi etc..
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by nextprince: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2016
Firefire:

Just an example from a dishonest man. Look around you for Buhary's moral kworuption.
Mention 1 moral corruption na grin.
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by bashydemy1: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2016
midolian:
Beht if your GEJ had done a one-sided fight too, with Buhari doing his now, everything for don balance now grin

Stop speaking dogon turenchi, my brother grin grin
Don't mind the useless supporter of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by bashydemy1: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2016
Firefire:

Sorry! Jonathan is a bygone.

Good morning.
Yes he is a bygone we know but this Govt will fight corruption and the corrupt people even if it's one sided we don't care.
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Acidosis(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2016
If Buhari, a man who ruled for 2 years in the 1970s could account for N200 million naira in 2015, Jonathan, a man who led in Bayelsa as a commissioner, a deputy governor, a governor, a vice president and a president, all totalling 20 years, can afford $20m and even more.

Before you quote me, explain to me how Buhari got his.
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Tripleoluwa(m): 10:27am On Sep 24, 2016
midolian:
bygone kor, bywent ni! undecided

Not after all the "ever-surfacing" attrocities he has committed. We can't stop mentioning the hatman bacause whenever we mention a crime, the crime mentions his name.

Correct comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Izonpikin: 10:31am On Sep 24, 2016
bashydemy1:

I know your likes will never disappoint in your abobaku work, Your support for corruption has distinction.. Where are the rest

anonimo

izonpikin

barcanister

chukwudi etc..

I ask you where are your own corrupt people...since the day buhari decided to fight corruption on a biased basis many persons changed their minds to support their own corrupt people..

So let's all support our own people and stay like that..rubbish..
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by bashydemy1: 10:37am On Sep 24, 2016
Izonpikin:
I ask you where are your own corrupt people...since the day buhari decided to fight corruption on a biased basis many persons changed their minds to support their own corrupt people..

So let's all support our own people and stay like that..rubbish..

Where are you when PMB order the arrest of his brother inlaw?

http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/28/president-buhari-orders-arrest-wife%E2%80%99s-younger-brother-over-alleged-extortion

APC Leader Remanded In Prison Custody Over Alleged N40 million Fraud

http://newswirengr.com/2016/08/10/apc-leader-remanded-in-prison-custody-over-alleged-n40-million-fraud/
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2016
modath:

This self professed lawyer certainly does not mean well for Mama Piss and her household..

Jonathan could have given her what? If not for the deep seated corruption that has eaten deep into the fabric of this country, he ought to be disbarred.. Some folks just don't know what not to say and the place

not to say it.

There are a lot of lawyers who say exactly what their clients tell them to say. Such have thrown their legal education into the dustbin. It's a pity. Yes you are right, the legal profession has gone to the dogs. Not only is it pure hearsay evidence, there is no nexus shown for proof of the connection between late mother and the funds. The late mum presumably had a bank account of her own. The bvn no of which the efcc can easily produce together with all inflow and outflows.

It takes some chutzpah to lay all this on a dead woman I must say and try to capitalize on Nigerians respect for the dead. Real chutzpah or real foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Izonpikin: 10:52am On Sep 24, 2016
bashydemy1:

Where are you when PMB order the arrest of his brother inlaw?

http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/28/president-buhari-orders-arrest-wife%E2%80%99s-younger-brother-over-alleged-extortion

APC Leader Remanded In Prison Custody Over Alleged N40 million Fraud

http://newswirengr.com/2016/08/10/apc-leader-remanded-in-prison-custody-over-alleged-n40-million-fraud/

shut up...you just brought out 2 wayo cases... grin..cases that have been swept under the rug..

Don't freaking joke with me..

Where the hell is the prosecution of dambazzu and burutai..or even ameachi case that was brought before the efcc??..

What is happening to all those who sponsored buharis campaign??..

Don't just go near deluding yourself..just support your thieves while others support theirs...
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 24, 2016
U can't be witch-hunted if u're not a witch! Let apc witch-hunt pdp vice-versa and NIGERIA WINS!
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by 36pripa(m): 11:17am On Sep 24, 2016
It is so pathetic the way we have allowed this fight against corruption to be loopsided.
If it catches a pdp member , their supporters will cry foul and so to the apc members.
Some people above me are trying to redeem PEJ'S image by saying Buhari and his cohorts are corrupt but they fail to address the issue at hand.
I don't even need to think before I know the truth, if Jona didn't want to soil his hands with corrupt money I know Peace must have played the role of Gehazi.
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by omoluka: 11:49am On Sep 24, 2016
Only the loot can make them happy
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Saint52(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
To me this is an insult to GEJ, how much does Abacha wife have in her bank account... How much is $20M to be in Ex President wife account. Omo this woman poor, if that is the only she have.
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by TheRealAfonja(m): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
Firefire:

APC has re-looted the recovered loots.

1. Nobody is asking question about the imposed N50 Stamp Duty on every deposit in Nigeria.

2. And nobody is giving us the account balance of the withdrawals

I laugh the myopic and derailed sentiments of Nigerian youth, who are easily being deceived by the professional looters managing the affair of this country.

Fellow Nigerians, wise-up, ask questions and stop being deceived by supporting some looters and easily gaining organism when other names you hated are being mentioned.
sometimes I wonder why you remained unbanned ... With alwaysl this truth you all ditched out.... The Mods always ban your likes.. But you.
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Abcka811: 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
Tolexander:
Could this man be a real lawyer?

From what school did he study his law? even me wey be say na laws like Boyle's, Charles, Avogadro, gravity and diffusion dem teach me for school, I still know Patience Jonathan claiming the money in 4 companies in the name of his houseboy is against the law. How can she explain herself receiving the money from her husband?
How can her husband explain how he got that so much money to give her wife?

20million dollars = N3billion (using $1=N150). Dem no dey spend money at all for her husband to have got that so much amount saved from his salary in 16years to give his wife?

Oga lawyer, e de beru olorun!
I like this your post even though, I am not from GEJ's zone. You see, we all are praying that this government and its style of fighting corruption will end well. GEJ and his family, going by what and where this country stands now are among the poorest family compared to other past presidents. If what Buhari is doing to GEJ and his family, this humiliation is sincere, there is no ways it cannot be done to other because those past president and their families are worse off than GEJ. I really pity the minority and the south south people, especially GEJ and his small family, who do not even have any child overseas attending school, is being hunted because he has no saviour. This man openly handed over power. If he is damn to bad and cosidering who Buhari is to the south south to the Igbos, he could not have handed over to Buhari and instead, he would have caused war. So let us watch how this one sided corruption fighting will end.
If Dogora who cause the most serious padding was to be from the south south or even related to GEJ, by now, the entire family of GEJ would have been arrested.
From history, no past presidents wife from Independence have her accounts froozen. The world is watching.
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2016
Please dont drag the poor husband into this mess. I like GEJ, he seems to be a good person (surrounded by bad people though).
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Paperwhite(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
TheAlchemist:

Everybody hates corruption, but let tell you what i hate more than corruption is INJUSTICE... you can not go after Patience while leaving Buratai, Dambazau and Co.. Buhari has constantly shown he is short sighted in his decision.... If you can not punish Buratai, Dambazau, turai yardua, Mariam Abacha, then please leave PEJ... To Buhari all this people are saints, only PEJ is corrupt ... #saynotoinjustice; #saynotoselectivecorruptionfight! I come from a region where we cherish fairness and hate any form of injustice.
You dey mind the mumu dullardinpo with his herds of masturbating zombies? I'm just annoyed with the gross hypocrisy of the Buhari's government.No one should mention fighting corruption in my hearing again.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by timeup: 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
Charge and bail lawyer
Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by InvertedHammer: 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
midolian:
Firefire, na wa u o! It seems you don't wnt the best for this country. Let Buhari continue sanitizing the country with his one sided fight against kworuption..his tenure is not for eternity...what I feel you should be praying for is that power should change hands after his tenure elapses(probably after 8yrs)...let the next president do his own one-sided fight....and I tell you, Nigeria will become cleaner.
/
The best response ever.

If Jonathan had done his part, we would have been dealing with the remaining half now.

Let the new President hound Buhari and cohorts. That's the balance needed since the legislature and judiciary are useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer by Maximus85(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seun Onigbinde: Buhari’s Media Team Rejects Appointment Of BudgIT Co-Founder / Police Service Commission Names Seven DIGs, Police Secretary / FG Halts South-East Road Projects, Initiates Contract Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.