Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? (16199 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Celebrates Her 50th Birthday Today / Reno Omokri Blasts Adeosun "A Polytechnic Graduate As Finance Minister" / Kemi Adeosun. A Tenacious Minister. The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by ChessEnthusiast: 11:56am On Sep 24, 2016
baum1:

Bros, the highlighted interested me. Are you saying some of the governors were right to have opposed vehemently opposed the creation and expansion of the Sovereign Wealth Funds?
I was only trying to say if the governors hadn't demand
for their own share, one way or the other, the money would still have been mismanaged by the FG. They're all looters - the governors and the president.
Their actions brought us to where we are now. What I'll not take is using Kemi as a scape goat. Those responsible for the recession are called Hero and genius while those working assiduously to salvage the situation want to be used as scape goat.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by akaahs(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2016
Ops pls learn to communicate in simple English. All these long grammar and vocabulary who eppp.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by Pidggin(f): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Kemi is not at fault, Buhari is 100% to blame for the state of our economy
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by Image123(m): 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
magicminister:

hahaha!
Ngozi outclasses and outshines Adeosun in all ramfications.
Adeosun is only POORLY consolidating policies initiated by NOI.
TSI that was supposed to be a gradual process was hastened by Adeosun in order to score cheap points.
Look where it got us!

Even the necessity fuel subsidy removal was something NOI saw as far back as 2012.
Nigerians protested and blatantly rejected the subsidy removal.

What about the youwin iniative that empowered thousands of youths. It was one of the most transparent empowerment program in the history of Nigeria...

Please stop comparing NOI to adeosun
Adeosun is not even close to being a poor man's Ngozi okonjo iweala.

You mean the same NOI that confessed to high blood pressure just to pay salaries? The same one that was confused and borrowing when crude price was $65per barrel? You must be joking.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by shellman: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

Genius, who couldn't save for the rainy days even when oil sold at an all time high of $100/bbl for five consecutive years, Genius who borrowed money to pay salaries at the eve of their exit, Genius who couldn't abide by business ethos, genius who turned Nigeria treasury to ATM, genius who couldn't operate a transparent economy, genius who reeled out false statistics to deceive gullible Nigerians that the economy was booming, genuius who couldn't do the honorable thing - to resign when evidence of corruption under her boss was glaring, genius who handed over a bastardized economy even when she enjoyed an oilnprice era, genius who couldn't manage the economy in a period of oil boom, genius who couldn't do they basic thing - to save for the rainy days, genius who watched and kept mum while our treasury was looted and stashed away in foreign countries, genius who disbursed money to Alibaba and the forty thieves from FG coffer.

My friend, which genius do you talk of?

An overfed, fat, ineffectual, over-hyped buffon is no "genius"

No doubt, she has all the pedigree and has carved a niche for herself in the global village, but she failed woefully in her duty during Gej's administration.
Pls, let Genius Supporters ask her to defend all these allegations. We are waiting for her comments &defence

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by labiola: 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
Atimes I don't see reason why we like to compare Kemi Adeosun with NOI, both are class on their own right. NOI was minister of Finance during the Obasanjo regime and did another 5yrs with GEJ. Going by her academic qualifications and working experience with world Bank, you will agree with me that she out class Kemi Adeosun. So I didn't see any basis of comparison here. However, Is Kemi Adeosun doing well with the economy of the country ? my answer is yes looking at the environment she is operating now, I tell, this is a very difficult period in this country. It will be fair to say that the highest level of corruption and stealing were recorded during the time of NOI.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by LorenzoU: 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
noi is a legacy adeosun is just a name
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
XaintJoel20:
This columnist should go and learn how to communicate with the much needed audience. He/she should know that being a columnist is not an avenue to show one's prowess in the Queen's language when its not need.

Too many unnecessary vocabularies..

Maybe he never meant to address you.

All of the man's expressions were correct, his masterful use of highly specific words evoke lasting impressions!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by XaintJoel20: 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
WriteBoy:

Maybe he never meant to address you.

All of the man's expressions were correct, his masterful use of highly specific words evoke lasting impressions!
Maybe you should read my comment all over again. This time do it keenly. I didn't say his expressions were wrong.
The point I am making is that he should learn how to address a wider audience through his articles and publications. Not all the vocabularies there are necessary.
Mind you, I have come across virtually all the words there and I know their meanings.

HappyWeeked...
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by jordinsparkles(f): 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Only adeosun can save this economy destroyed by noi and her zero will to diversify Or save.

She did it in Ogun, she can do it again.
excuse me, come again. Did you just say SAVE?
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
XaintJoel20:

Maybe you should read my comment all over again. This time do it keenly. I didn't say his expressions were wrong.
The point I am making is that he should learn how to address a wider audience through his articles and publications. Not all the vocabularies there are necessary.
Mind you, I have come across virtually all the words there and I know their meanings.

HappyWeeked...

You are quite incorrigible aren't you. Why are you foisting your expectations on the writer. If a writer chooses to write for a serious audience, or a closed audience or to even his peers is that any problem?

The editor The Vanguard let the piece run and here you are claiming to know better... Just get lost.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by BigIyanga: 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Lagos is the most indebted state after Nigeria

Stop throwing nonsense stat from your anus around

Yaradua left 3billion debt
Jonathan/ NoI increased it to 47 billion dollars which proves further that noi was a complete failure despite the Hugh amount of crude of sales.

The external debt profile of states has shown that Lagos State has the highest with a profile of $1.087 billion, followed by Kaduna State with a total of $234 million. Cross River State followed closely with an external debt profile of $131.469 million. Other states with relatively large external debt are Edo $123 million, Ogun $109 million, Bauchi $87million, Enugu $62 million, Katsina $78 million, Osun $67 million and Oyo State $72 million.
federal Government’s domestic debt on the other hand stood at $47.05 billion or N7.9 trillion, while those of the states stood at $10.97 billion or N1.708 trillion. Federal Government’s domestic debt is made up of N4.792 trillion bonds, N2.815 trillion Treasury bills and N296.2 billion treasury bonds.
According to figures published by the Debt Management Office in Abuja, the total debt stock of the Federal Government and the 36 states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory amounted to N11.243 trillion or $67.726 billion. States and the Federal Capital Territory as at 31st December 2014, had a domestic debt profile of N1.707 trillion or $10.967 billion.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/fgs-external-debt-states-debt-profile-on-the-rise/
Facts and logical reasoning do not reside in your realm of thought!
I said "One of the most indebted states" and Ogun is the 4th on your list. Difference is that Lagos self-sufficient, by Ogun is on life support provided by FG bailout funds!
But it's also an insolvent state. It has a negative cash flow. It has the largest monthly deficit in Nigeria. It's unable to pay salaries without FG's bailout funds.
In terms of sustainability index, it ranks 28th out of 36. This state was run aground by this same " guru"

https://www.nairaland.com/2732630/latest-ranking-states-financial-sustainability

As per debt profile, you have shown why Naija brain is 90% made up of emotions and conjectures while 10 % for processing thoughts.

Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by XaintJoel20: 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
WriteBoy:

You are quite incorrigible aren't you. Why are you foisting your expectations on the writer. If a writer chooses to write for a serious audience, or a closed audience or to even his peers is that any problem?

The editor The Vanguard let the piece run and here you are claiming to know better... Just get lost.
I missed it when I dignified a you with a response.
You could have made your point without being abusive.
Please don't quote me again.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
In Chiwetala Agu's Voice

O n a m a e t o p o e i a!

Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by InvertedHammer: 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
orisa37:
In other words, Kemi Adeosun was right for telling Emefiele to lower interest rates and make cheap loans available for Agriculture, Infrastructure and other Investments that will create employment, pay wages and provide money to buy goods and services.
/
No. That was a bad call.
It is a very tough decision to make. If CBN lowers interest rate, naira may hit N600/$ and inflation hits the roof.

I think CBN should create special fund for business with special rates. State government should encourage and subsidize agriculture, factories and manufacturing industries and stop issuing licenses/permit to build hotels for now.

The first goal should be tackling unemployment.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by BigIyanga: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
BigIyanga:

I said "One of the most indebted states" and Ogun is the 4th on your list. Difference is that Lagos self-sufficient, by Ogun is on life support provided by FG bailout funds!
But it's also an insolvent state. It has a negative cash flow. It has the largest monthly deficit in Nigeria. It's unable to pay salaries without FG's bailout funds.
In terms of sustainability index, it ranks 28th out of 36. This state was run aground by this same " guru"

https://www.nairaland.com/2732630/latest-ranking-states-financial-sustainability

As per debt profile, you have shown why Naija brain is 90% made up of emotions and conjectures while 10 % for processing thoughts.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by MistadeRegal(m): 4:40pm On Sep 24, 2016
No time to read all these. But still, if there isn't enough in government purse for all necessary infrastructures, no matter how intelligent she might be, there's nothing she can do except if the government will have to borrow. One reason why I'd not support Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to come and back except if she is willing to put her dignity on the line. Well, it's a risk worth taking.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by FunkyMetahuman: 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
BigIyanga:

Ogun state is 4th on the igr .. The higher your income / GDP, the more debt you can accrue.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/igr-36-states-generate-n682bn/

Ogun was nowhere near that until adeosun took the mantle

I don't have time to be educating those who don't want to learn .. Go to bed kid.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by BigIyanga: 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Ogun state is 4th on the igr .. The higher your income / GDP, the more debt you can accrue.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/igr-36-states-generate-n682bn/

Ogun was nowhere near that until adeosun took the mantle

I don't have time to be educating those who don't want to learn .. Go to bed kid.
Being willfully ignorant at its peak. You carefully ignored all the facts and data that rubbished all your conjectures.
The reason that it's one of the states with the highest IGR but immersed in huge debt and insolvent clearly shows that Adeosun was a disaster.
It ranks 34 out 36 on the list of states that meet their monthly recurrent expenditure requirements. It borrows money from FG and banks to pay salary, so we are not even taking about capital projects.
It ranks 4th in IGR, but cant pay workers, this means that the state is run by rogues!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by FunkyMetahuman: 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
BigIyanga:

Being willfully ignorant at its peak. You carefully ignored all the facts and data that rubbished all your conjectures.
The reason that it's one of the states with the highest IGR but immersed in huge debt and insolvent clearly shows that Adeosun was a disaster.
It ranks 34 out 36 on the list of states that meet their monthly recurrent expenditure requirements. It borrows money from FG and banks to pay salary, so we are not even taking about capital projects.
It ranks 4th in IGR, but cant pay workers, this means that the state is run by rogues!!

Throwing the word ignorant around shows you don't even know what it means cheesy
I presented you with the fact that Ogun state generated more money than more than 32sstates in Nigeria means it can handle it's debt..

Same way federal governement nigeria borrowed to pay salaries all through 2014 to 2015 but no one is complaining because it can handle the debt.

Why is osun complaining and not Ogun? As at present, Ogun is not owing any salary at the moment.

Put that your 2kb brain to good use and don't just shout ignorant around like a dumb nutjob.

This is not rocket science ..
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by BigIyanga: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

Throwing the word ignorant around shows you don't even know what it means cheesy
I presented you with the fact that Ogun state generated more money than more than 32sstates in Nigeria means it can handle it's debt..

Same way federal governement nigeria borrowed to pay salaries all through 2014 to 2015 but no one is complaining because it can handle the debt.

Why is osun complaining and not Ogun? As at present, Ogun is not owing any salary at the moment.

Put that your 2kb brain to good use and don't just shout ignorant around like a dumb nutjob.

This is not rocket science ..
What an arrogant display of sophisticated ignorance!
Ogun generated more IGR than other 32 states but ranks 34 out of 36 in paying its bill. What are you talking about in terms of handling its debt when in fact it has been bailed out a couple of times by FG?
Ogun isn't meeting its recurrent expenditure requirements. It spends more money than it generates. Loan servicing takes a chunk of the recurrent expenditure
Saying that Ogun doesn't owe workers when it got bailed out by FG and signed MOU with NLC on how to pay workers is another fallacy,
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by FunkyMetahuman: 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
BigIyanga:

What an arrogant display of sophisticated ignorance!
Ogun generated more IGR than other 32 states but ranks 34 out of 36 in paying its bill. What are you talking about in terms of handling its debt when in fact it has been bailed out a couple of times by FG?
Ogun isn't meeting its recurrent expenditure requirements. It spends more money than it generates. Loan servicing takes a chunk of the recurrent expenditure
Saying that Ogun doesn't owe workers when it got bailed out by FG and signed MOU with NLC on how to pay workers is another fallacy,
what bil exactly

I just told you Ogun state is not owing workers salary

You blind or something?
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by BigIyanga: 7:13pm On Sep 24, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
what bil exactly

I just told you Ogun state is not owing workers salary

You blind or something?
So a financially healthy state borrows N14.bn to pay salary?
What Bill? Do you think that this free money without interest rate and financing costs?
Detailed report and analysis already done by Bugdit. Just put your brain to use!!

Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by FunkyMetahuman: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
BigIyanga:

So a financially healthy state borrows N14.bn to pay salary?
What Bill? Do you think that this free money without interest rate and financing costs?
Detailed report and analysis already done by Bugdit. Just put your brain to use!!
*facepalm*

You sabi read so

I just said Ogun state has good igr thanks to adeosun that why they can borrow to pay

If osun has the same priviledge , won't they take it ...

You brain is malfunctioning o
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
XaintJoel20:
This columnist should go and learn how to communicate with the much needed audience. He/she should know that being a columnist is not an avenue to show one's prowess in the Queen's language when its not need.

Too many unnecessary vocabularies..
I thought I was the only one who discovered it. After I read the first 3 lines I stopped reading and went straight to the comments to read the opinions of those who understood it. No time to strain my brains trying to comprehend what wouldn't put 1 kobo into my bank account.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by BigIyanga: 1:43am On Sep 25, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
*facepalm*

You sabi read so
R
I just said Ogun state has good igr thanks to adeosun that why they can borrow to pay

If osun has the same priviledge , won't they take it ...

You brain is malfunctioning o
Explaining those graphics to dummies like you. Ogun state owes more than it can generate - IGR and Federal allocation combined.
So the first graphic table, Ogun state is 34th out of 36 states with the highest monthly recurrent shortfall -i.e it generates less than it spends. It has close to N2bn every month in budget shortfall. So for every N100 budgeted in the recurrent expenditure -chop money, only N70 is funded by the state, so N30 comes from borrowing or bailout fund. Also,if there is no money for recurrent expenditure-chop money, then capital product expenditure is dead and buried, cos a govt that's struggling to pay salary doesn't think about building roads or paying contractors.
The reason why funded recurrent expenditure is 70% is because the state over borrowed without commensurate revenue stream to offset the deficit, so it's paying more in servicing those loans, so the state might pay 30-40% of out 70% to service those loans. In actuality, the govt has 30% for chop money. Financial obligatory payments are deducted before monthly allocations are made, so Ogun is in a financial mess for a long time. That's why it ranks 4th in IGR but ranks 34th in meeting its financial obligations (bills). Amosun and Adeosun ran the street aground and you are here praising them. You are forever stuck with those debts. Those bailout funds are not free and another govt might come in and decide to start charging more for guaranteeing those loans.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by FunkyMetahuman: 1:56am On Sep 25, 2016
[s]
BigIyanga:

Explaining those graphics to dummies like you. Ogun state owes more than it can generate - IGR and Federal allocation combined.
So the first graphic table, Ogun state is 34th out of 36 states with the highest monthly recurrent shortfall -i.e it generates less than it spends. It has close to N2bn every month in budget shortfall. So for every N100 budgeted in the recurrent expenditure -chop money, only N70 is funded by the state, so N30 comes from borrowing or bailout fund. Also,if there is no money for recurrent expenditure-chop money, then capital product expenditure is dead and buried, cos a govt that's struggling to pay salary doesn't think about building roads or paying contractors.
The reason why funded recurrent expenditure is 70% is because the state over borrowed without commensurate revenue stream to offset the deficit, so it's paying more in servicing those loans, so the state might pay 30-40% of out 70% to service those loans. In actuality, the govt has 30% for chop money. Financial obligatory payments are deducted before monthly allocations are made, so Ogun is in a financial mess for a long time. That's why it ranks 4th in IGR but ranks 34th in meeting its financial obligations (bills). Amosun and Adeosun ran the street aground and you are here praising them. You are forever stuck with those debts. Those bailout funds are not free and another govt might come in and decide to start charging more for guaranteeing those loans.
[/s]I didn't read this cap

I know it's gonna be full of garbage ..

Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by edupedia: 2:20am On Sep 25, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Only adeosun can save this economy destroyed by noi and her zero will to diversify Or save.

She did it in Ogun, she can do it again.

...why are the Igbos desperate at taken over finance in addition to the CBN?...who wants to be deceived again by the voodoo economics of Ngozi?...an IPOB will be the last person PMB will give finance to...and u can take that to your banks or betting houses...
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by BigIyanga: 2:48am On Sep 25, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
[s][/s]I didn't read this cap

I know it's gonna be full of garbage ..
Coz it's above your intellectual grade. I know you didn't read BudgIT report and analysis either. You're going to need a lot of brain power to understand the first paragraph let alone charts and data.. That's why zombiesm is the best route for you!!
Spreading unbridled ignorance from the reservoir of your stupidity.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by FunkyMetahuman: 3:38am On Sep 25, 2016
edupedia:

...why are the Igbos desperate at taken over finance in addition to the CBN?...who wants to be deceived again by the voodoo economics of Ngozi?...an IPOB will be the last person PMB will give finance to...and u can take that to your banks or betting houses...

I tire o
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by FunkyMetahuman: 3:39am On Sep 25, 2016
[s]
BigIyanga:

Coz it's above your intellectual grade. I know you didn't read BudgIT report and analysis either. You're going to need a lot of brain power to understand the first paragraph let alone charts and data.. That's why zombiesm is the best route for you!!
Spreading unbridled ignorance from the reservoir of your stupidity.
[/s]what's the point of going back and forth with a dead brain

Can't stoop to your level kid.
Re: Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? by davidif: 3:56am On Sep 25, 2016
Who wrote this article? The honorable Obhiagbon?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

17 Governors Plot Oyegun’s Removal As APC Chairman / Ganduje Promises To Welcome Back Kwankwaso To APC If… / Tribunal Judgment: Femi Fani-Kayode Calls Nigeria 'A Zoo'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.