Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda (5458 Views)

Betrayal: Biafrans Goes Angry; Releases 5 Phone Numbers Of South East Governors / Jubilation As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / Aisha And President Buhari Hug As Buhari Returns From UK (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by cyber5(m): 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari, has on Wednesday, September 21, said that the Federal Government will invest substantial part of its foreign and local loans into the development of critical infrastructure.
The President, stated that borrowed funds will be judiciously utilized to revive stalled Roads, Rail, Power, Port Projects, and in Agricultural Initiatives, that will significantly boost the domestic production of food, and end economic recession.
Buhari disclosed this in an article published in Bloomberg International titled, ‘Making Africa Rising a Reality’.
According to Buhari, the long old thinking about Africa as a continent with a promising potential, has given way to more questioning concerns.
“Unlike in the past when borrowed funds were frittered away on unproductive ventures, we will ensure their investment in the revival of stalled road, rail, power and port projects, and in agricultural initiatives, that will significantly boost domestic production of food.
“For far too long we have under-invested in infrastructure, the most critical element for creating sustainable economic growth. The net effect: an avoidably high cost of doing business in Nigeria,” he stressed.
Buhari added: “We have begun raising a $1 billion Eurobond, our first in three years. We are also raising debt from the World Bank, the African Development Bank, the Chinese Exim Bank, and other development finance partners.”
The President, noted that since the signing of the 2016 budget into law, government has released about N400 billion for various infrastructure projects.
The President, added that rather than lament on the current economic challenges, government will not be distracted.
He challenged other African leaders, to see the fall in oil and commodities, as an opportunity to create new areas of wealth, that would guarantee the well being of citizens.
“The journey ahead remains long and difficult. Our double-digit inflation, currency turmoil, and downgraded ratings will not vanish overnight.
“But the real story here is not the challenges, which are all too visible, but the opportunities. We have learned the necessary lessons. We will ensure that Nigeria does not slip back into a lazy and dangerous dependence on the price of crude oil.
“We will continue to insist on transparency and accountability in the use of government funds. And we will build an economy that prioritizes the ease of doing business and investing, and that thrives on the entrepreneurial energy and ingenuity of our people….
“The months ahead will show not only that Nigeria is on the rise, but that this “Rising” is real and lasting, one that touches not just the statistical databases, but the lives of the people who elected us to deliver positive change.”
In a related development, the Federal Government will soon embark on wide ranging reforms, expected to provide a favourable environment for businesses in the country.
Buhari, who disclosed this in New York, said Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo will soon make public the reform strategies, affecting the Nation’s Ports, and issues relating to visa on arrival.

http://www.weeklypostng.org/2016/09/jubilation-as-buhari-ends-recession.html
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Mrmoz(m): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Well let's hope for the best...God help nigeria only you can
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by ojmaroni247(m): 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
We will,we want to, we are Goin to, we are about to, we have set aside, we are preparing to! angry. Baba which way

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Flexherbal(m): 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
We are hopeful !

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by RZArecta(m): 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
Can you imagine the fvckery undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by mosalab(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
Jubilation For zombie right??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by HtwoOw: 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
It will. Work

Nigeria will be great again

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Paperwhite(m): 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
Buhari have always been an abysmal failure. Whatsoever he touches never prosper.

8 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by xana101: 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
Buharicow is useless. I voted for Him that's y i'm not happy. I campaigned for him but my driver an elderly man warned me, but I accused him of being tribalistic. Now i'm ashamed of myself. I see Nigeria as one. I don't care where d president comes from. PDP and APC are both useless. We need another party with a younger candidate. I really don't know what I was thinking b4 voting for this old manFool

16 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by mastermaestro(m): 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
Mrmoz:
Well let's hope for the best...God help nigeria only you can
. Nice speech mr president. Nigeria will be great.

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by tbabs10166(m): 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
xana101:
Buharicow is useless. I voted for Him that's y i'm not happy. I campaigned for him but my driver an elderly man warned me, but I accused him of being tribalistic. Now i'm ashamed of myself. I see Nigeria as one. I don't care where d president comes from. PDP and APC are both useless. We need another party with a younger candidate. I really don't know what I was thinking b4 voting for this old manFool
Good for acknowledging the fact that pdp is also useless

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Rockyrascal(m): 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
HtwoOw:
It will. Work

Nigeria will be great again
was nigeria ever great?

4 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nigerians should stop feeling excited about PROMISES..... wait until Atleast the money is released, received and utilized accordingly undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by ITbomb(m): 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2016
How about the N4trn debt in one year
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Remii(m): 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
ITbomb:
How about the N4trn debt in one year
devaluation made the figure bigger than previous years. It N2.2tr sha i didnt read N4tr.
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by fwallex4truth: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2016
U are absolutely wrong!
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by cyber5(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2016
Fellas all we have to do is to hope for the best, i really hope the 5 points agenda works
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
Is Ni.Geria a name of person, animal or thing?
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by DozieInc(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ok.
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by chernest2002: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
End time president.
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Hiploko(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
No wonder we have PMB as president. APC will just write sweet and nice statements and send out. Surprisingly, Nigerians will start saying 'I believe you', Nigeria will be great again bla bla bla. It is on a newspaper stand someone said that APC is good @ releasing headlines to keep people busy all week long while buying time to cover their incompetence. Even if you are a Zombie, for how long will you remain 1? Smh....
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
ojmaroni247:
We will,we want to, we are Goin to, we are about to, we have set aside, we are preparing to! angry. Baba which way

What were you expecting him to say? Didn't your English Language teacher teach you past, present and future tenses? angry angry angry
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by MrSly(m): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
Remii:
devaluation made the figure bigger than previous years. It N2.2tr sha i didnt read N4tr.
2tr local debt and 2tr foreign debt. Do the maths
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Fidelismaria: 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2016
shocked

bubuhari ends recession?

do u pple mean to tell me recession has a off/on switch

what a bunch of zombies

five point agenda ko unlimited point agenda ni
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by ahamonyeka(m): 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
All progressive compass promises is the pipe line. ;DAll progressive compass promises is the pipe line.
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by blackpanda: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
xana101:

From ur comment u are part of the problem of Nigeria. All u do is insult and abuse people, and its not like u can do any better if given the opportunity. Try to change ur attitude!
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by gudnex22(m): 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
we will that man is still campaigning .

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by nixt: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
Tell it to the apc
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by uvalued(m): 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2016
ojmaroni247:
[size=18pt]We will,we want to, we are Goin to, we are about to, we have set aside, we are preparing to! angry. Baba which way[/size]

always futuristic

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Sport336: 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Jubilation As Buhari Ends Recession, Blows Hot, Releases 5 Points Agenda by Larryfest(m): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
Who are those jubilating ontop "we will"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: APC Wins Benin City By Huge Margin / See What Odion Ighalo Posted About Peter Obi / Ndlea Arrests Undergraduate With 13.5kg Of Cocaine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.