Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Should I Be Worried About My Friend? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Be Worried About My Friend? (1677 Views)

My Baby Won't Eat.....Please Suggestions (Worried Dad) / I Called My Friend Gay For Uploading This Pic, Got This Funny Reply From His Mum / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by chocolateme(f): 1:03am On Sep 25, 2016
She is my closest and the only female friend i have, i hardly mingle or keep female friends. But she is special and unique in the sense that she is more than a sister to me..I met her in my workplace years back..
Very hardworking, industrious, virtuous and humble. Took me time to be able to differentiate her from her twin sister.
Ok.. to my main reason for this thread:
Sometime February/March this year, i stopped hearing from her (we are not in the same state anymore, different jobs now) i tried reaching her by all means but to no avail, i lost my phone with her sister's number so no way to reach her. Sometime on May, she contacted me hmm.. i got to find out that the interview she was scheduled to go for at River State as at that March was what brought about a serious problem for her.
She boarded a bus in Imo State, they took off after the bus filled up, she had a lady sitting beside her and gisting. They have already entered River State when the vehicle's front tyres busted and somersaulted so nany times landing them into a ditch in the bush. She woke up in the hospital 3 days later with burns and serious degrees of injuries. (Won't post the pictures here, so unnerving) She said they told her that the burns was as a result of her unconsciously getting up from where she was flung out through the car window and walking blindly into a burning grass set by people working in their farms around there. She just fell inside the fire and stayed there till they brought her out of the fire. She started asking what happened and about everybody but was told that the lady gisting with her died alongside others, even a reverend died too, a man among the passengers went mad instantly, its like blood flooded his brain or something. She said she lost her valuables there including her phones and her family refused to let her reach anyone till she was out of danger.
My friend has been in the hospital for months and has finally been discharged.. she is very ok and the burns has cleared out as her mom took serious care of that burn aspect as she is very fair. She is good now.
My concern and discomfort is this, sometimes she just suddenly faints for no reason, when asked, she will say she just remembered what happened and start feeling hot. We were chatting yesterday afternoon, she said "happy Sunday " i replied that its Saturday and she exclaimed and said i should pardon her that she has not fully recovered from her trauma that she tends to forget sometimes..
I don't know if its ok or that she needs a therapist but healthwise she is ok. Is it natural for her to be having relapses sometimes for now? Hasn't it been long it happened and is she not supposed to be fine by now.. i am somehow uncomfortable.. any suggestions?

I also thank God for her life..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by ghettowriter(m): 1:08am On Sep 25, 2016
pls, i 'ill advice she visits a therapist. what she is going through is Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and that can only be treated by a qualified therapist.

Any threatening, deeply hurtful, or very upsetting experience that leaves you feeling helpless and hopeless may lead to PTSD, the victim usually gets better with time but the service of a therapist helps to hasten the recovery.

May God grant your friend quick recovery, nobody needs to suffer that much. Hugs & love to ur friend from an internet stranger..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by Eleniyan15: 1:28am On Sep 25, 2016
YOu already have the answer

LET HER VISIT THE THERAPIST, SHE REALLT NEED PROPER CARE!!!
and if problem persist na to go ask ORACLE BE THAT
Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by Rutheby(f): 4:05am On Sep 25, 2016
I can imagine what she is passing through.... it's good she consult a therapist.. she will be fine with time.
Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by 5minsmadness: 7:16am On Sep 25, 2016
Like someone has said. It's called Post traumatic Stress Disorder. Her brain relives the horrifying event from time to time and it causes her to pass out. Yes, she will benefit from a psychiatrist or therapist (whichever you are more comfortable with.

However the forgetfulness tends to stay for a long while.
Thank God she has finished her studies.
Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 25, 2016
If she or her people can recommend a therapist for her, it will be good and the earlier the better so that d effect will not remain permanent on her. Its normal to have such symptoms after a trauma but dong nothing abt it can make it permanent till old age. Hers is physical trauma, for some its psychological. Whichever one is not a good experience. I pray God will comfort her absolutely. She's a heroine.
Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by Stallione(m): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2016
chocolateme:
She is my closest and the only female friend i have, i hardly mingle or keep female friends. But she is special and unique in the sense that she is more than a sister to me..I met her in my workplace years back..
Very hardworking, industrious, virtuous and humble. Took me time to be able to differentiate her from her twin sister.
Sometime February/March this year, i stopped hearing from her (we are not in the same state anymore, different jobs now) i tried reaching her by all means but to no avail, i lost my phone with her sister's number so no way to reach her. Sometime on May, she contacted me hmm.. i got to find out that the interview she was scheduled to go for at River State as at that March was what brought about a serious problem for her.
She boarded a bus in Imo State, they took off after the bus filled up, she had a lady sitting beside her and gisting. They have already entered River State when the vehicle's front tyres busted and somersaulted so nany times landing them into a ditch in the bush. She woke up in the hospital 3 days later with burns and serious degrees of injuries. (Won't post the pictures here, so unnerving) She said they told her that the burns was as a result of her unconsciously getting up from where she was flung out through the car window and walking blindly into a burning grass set by people working in their farms around there. She just fell inside the fire and stayed there till they brought her out of the fire. She started asking what happened and about everybody but was told that the lady gisting with her died alongside others, even a reverend died too, a man among the passengers went mad instantly, its like blood flooded his brain or something. She said she lost her valuables there including her phones and her family refused to let her reach anyone till she was out of danger.
My friend has been in the hospital for months and has finally been discharged.. she is very ok and the burns has cleared out as her mom took serious care of that burn aspect as she is very fair. She is good now.
My concern and discomfort is this, sometimes she just suddenly faints for no reason, when asked, she will say she just remembered what happened and start feeling hot. We were chatting yesterday afternoon, she said "happy Sunday " i replied that its Saturday and she exclaimed and said i should pardon her that she has not fully recovered from her trauma that she tends to forget sometimes..
I don't know if its ok or that she needs a therapist but healthwise she is ok. Is it natural for her to be having relapses sometimes for now? Hasn't it been long it happened and is she not supposed to be fine by now.. i am somehow uncomfortable.. any suggestions?

Gorgeous chocolate!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by metallisc(m): 11:43am On Sep 25, 2016
chocolateme:

choco nwa! don't worry too much! your friend will be fine, she is suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). It will clear with time if she engages herself positively with work or a rewarding hobby to help her brain come back to its normal function, although it will take a long time for that to happen. Her memory is obviously not affected wich is a very good sign medically. She will normalize with time. but should go for an MRI to be sure that things are healing well.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by chocolateme(f): 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
Stallione:
Gorgeous chocolate!!!
handsome one tnx
Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by chocolateme(f): 12:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
metallisc:

choco nwa! don't worry too much! your friend will be fine, she is suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). It will clear with time if she engages herself positively with work or a rewarding hobby to help her brain come back to its normal function, although it will take a long time for that to happen. Her memory is obviously not affected wich is a very good sign medically. She will normalize with time. but should go for an MRI to be sure that things are healing well.
i am happy to read this, thanks so much. She even said that she is ready to start work and has to start submitting her CV all over again. Tnx dear.
Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by gidjah(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
She has PTSD,she will get better with a good consultant, if na man, na small thing, his life it self is a PTSD, so hm no go worry,we men live with ptsd daily,particularly when u marry, trouble for house, ptsd go just build 4bedroom duplex inside your head!finish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by Stallione(m): 10:58am On Sep 26, 2016
chocolateme:
handsome one tnx
Wow,am flattered.Whatsapp me pls,08038945880.

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by oluspicy: 3:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
I really feel for her and what she's been through.

Going to a therapist is good but always remember her in your prayers even making prayer requests on her behalf. And I believe that God will surely intervene.

It is well!
Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by chocolateme(f): 5:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
oluspicy:
I really feel for her and what she's been through.

Going to a therapist is good but always remember her in your prayers even making prayer requests on her behalf. And I believe that God will surely intervene.

It is well!
tnx dear oluspicy
Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by oluspicy: 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2016
chocolateme:
tnx dear oluspicy

U are welcome beautiful one.

Did you get my mail?

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by chocolateme(f): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
oluspicy:

U are welcome beautiful one.

Did you get my mail?
yes and replied it
Re: Should I Be Worried About My Friend? by oluspicy: 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
chocolateme:
yes and replied it

Ok, lemme check my mail box.

(1) (Reply)

6 Unique Wedding Gifts Every Parent Must Give Their Children / Why Is Everyone Not Believing Me / Am I Weird....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.