Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale (6570 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike / Fresh Fuel Crisis Looms As PENGASSAN Threatens Strike / PENGASSAN Threatens To Shut Down Oil Sector In Seven Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale by GiantParrot(m): 10:32am On Sep 26, 2016
Patode:
PENGASSAN can go on strike. The FGN should invoke "NO WORK NO PAY" When union call their workers out on strike, they should be responsible to pay the workers STRIKE PAY.

If all members of PENGASSAN go on strike, most of Nigeria's oil and gas production will go on strike with them. The government is already complaining about the impact of militancy on oil production. The last thing they need now is a strike action by PENGASSAN.

2 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2016
The dumb nomad is a blunder!

1 Like

Re: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale by Laid2001: 11:05am On Sep 26, 2016
My Friend I am a member of PENGASSAN and certainly this executive is not speaking on behalf of all. surely not on my behalf.
The JV company workers wants FGN to sell off its stakes. The FGN has not been funding the JVs because of paucity of fund. And if the shares are sold, New investor will have to fulfill its obligations as regarding funding the operation of the JVs. Currently, the FGN through NNPC is owing the JV operators more than $5bln and it is increasing daily. Meanwhile, they continue to collect their own income from the operation and then turn around to complain of low budget from the federation.

And as for the refinery, they are not working anyway!. those refineries are junk and sink holes. FGN spends hundreds of millions of dollars annually to do useless Turnaround on each one annually but yet they all operate at less than 50% capacity. some people are just eating fat on the allocated money annually.! Abeg they should be sold! Fuel is imported for our consumption and will continue unless these refineries are sold. Many of this PENGASSAN officials are beneficiaries of the ineffective refineries and will not want them sold. If sold, federal Government will still continue to make the bulk of its money from the oil sector as 95% of its oil income is from Taxes and royalties which will continue even after selling its shares.

However, NLNG should not be sold as it is still and efficient company that brings in dividend to FGN without requiring allocations as it runs as a standalone company not as a parastatals like NNPC. FGN should work to make all the JVs into an Incorporated JV like NLNG to make them independent of the Federal Government bureaucracies.

vascey:

My brother, the FGN doesn't own anything, the Nigerian people do. When talking about these assets, the main ones are the JVs and NLNG shares. Again, which person in their right senses sells the geese that lays the golden egg? 5bn NGN has been spent maintaining private jets in the past one year. How much has the centre spent on agriculture? How many tractors have they purchased and how many agro-support centres have they built? Tell Me! What incentives and palliatives have the FGN put in place to diversify the economy to an agro-based economy? What percentage of this budget they are so keen on funding is for capital projects? How much of those projects will trickle down to the common man? When I say capital projects I don't mean cars, computers and buildings; I mean schools, hospital facilities, roads in rural communities, irrigation for farmers etc And this is the same budget you want to finance by selling off national assets and concessioning the f*@k out of our lives. You think transport cost is expensive. Wait till our roads are concessioned and airports also. All this for what? for what?? So that government officials can live large and be chilling.

They speak for us. You should speak up too.

1 Like

Re: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 26, 2016
vascey:

My brother, the FGN doesn't own anything, the Nigerian people do. When talking about these assets, the main ones are the JVs and NLNG shares. Again, which person in their right senses sells the geese that lays the golden egg? 5bn NGN has been spent maintaining private jets in the past one year. How much has the centre spent on agriculture? How many tractors have they purchased and how many agro-support centres have they built? Tell Me! What incentives and palliatives have the FGN put in place to diversify the economy to an agro-based economy? What percentage of this budget they are so keen on funding is for capital projects? How much of those projects will trickle down to the common man? When I say capital projects I don't mean cars, computers and buildings; I mean schools, hospital facilities, roads in rural communities, irrigation for farmers etc And this is the same budget you want to finance by selling off national assets and concessioning the f*@k out of our lives. You think transport cost is expensive. Wait till our roads are concessioned and airports also. All this for what? for what?? So that government officials can live large and be chilling.

They speak for us. You should speak up too.

Bros stop joining one issue with the other.
Government is not selling it joint venture or crude oil exploration rights, those one will still remain. It is the Refineries and Its stake in LNG. I dont support the sales of its stake in LNG but for refineries yes. Sell the damn thing. I have never benefited from the refineries, and from the look of things i dont think Nigeria will. They are old and beyond repair, i even feel they should be decomissioned, those refieries where done in the 1980s over 35 years ago. If the sale of these refineries will relieve Nigeria of the pains. and ensure garri is not 200 naira Please sell the thing ASAP.

How they spend the morning is another issue the president keeps traveling about with entourage, special aides, all eating estacodes. which worries me.

this APC government has accumulated a debt of about 2 triliion in the last one year, these debt have interest attached to them. Do you think its wise to continue to borrow when you have scrappy assets you can dispose and relieve yourself of this financial burden.

And back to the point is pengassan has no right to go on strike, they do not speak for Nigeria, they are only trying to cover their asses. Because they know some of their staff will get fired when a new owner takes over the refineries. not like its a good thing, but if one person will die for a million to be saved, wont that be better. Plus this oil workers ball live flaboyant live styles.

My brother i will tell you straight and clear, I dont like the APC Government neither did i ever like the pdp government, as a matter of fact all Government nigeria has ever had have always failed. and look at the bright side the sale of the refineries will ensure they work well since a private person must reap his investment.
Re: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale by JBL316: 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
Instead of selling the aforementioned assets...the proceeds will not be enough for the thieves.....y not just sell the country....that way the problems of Nigeria are permanently solved. ah ah!
Re: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale by Ofeakwu(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
He said selling the properties would further mortgage the future of the country in the hands of few who could take advantage of it to loot the country’s wealth. He said selling the properties would further mortgage the future of the country in the hands of few who could take advantage of it to loot the country’s wealth.

Dangote be careful!!!!, olé!
Re: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale by x12345678x: 2:47pm On Sep 26, 2016
Toeyoursea:
Nlc warned government against removal of fuel subsidy and now PENGASAN warns against sale of assets.

Why are our comrades always against the best interest of the masses.
You sincerely believe selling off our oil and gas assets is the best thing to do?? Shocked!!!
Re: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale by honeychild(f): 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2016
lovedatruth:
Greedy n selfish people. As much as I'm not in support of selling national assets, the only ones Pengassan are interested to protect from been sold, are the oil assets. They don't av the interest of the country at heart, [/b]since the least of them earn close to a million naira every month. Pengassan my foot.[b]

I have now come to realise that most Nigerians actually have no idea about the value of money. Una go.just dey call millions like say na pebbles una dey count.

Even if you are counting pebbles, how easy it is to count 1 million pebbles?

No wonder kidnappers will kidnap an oil worker's child and demand 100 million
Re: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale by Toeyoursea(m): 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2016
x12345678x:

You sincerely believe selling off our oil and gas assets is the best thing to do?? Shocked!!!

I am not for or against. We certainly need more details to objectively take a stance.
Re: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike Over Assets Sale by mikolo80: 12:17am On Sep 28, 2016
iyobs7:
I have little or no respect for Dangote because his wealth was gotten from his association with the big guns in Nigerian politics.
how many other gun associates have factories that retain foreign income and provide jobs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confusion In Aso-rock As Buhari Shock APC Chieftains Over His 2019 Presidential / Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections / These Photos Broke Buhari's Heart and Made Osinbajo Wept Like A Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.