Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell (44064 Views)

Reno Omokri On Cattle Colonies: What Will Happen To Any State That Allows It / Kidnap Gang In Niger State That Killed Over 19 Victims After Collecting Ransom / The Handshake Between Two Lawmakers In Imo State That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by ladyF(f): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

My sister, you see as dem wan sell NLNG? "We" (the medicalisted) just dey look with apprehension.
Hehehe....

Pray hard dear....just pray! grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by obaaderemi: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
They want to sell NLNG so that they will use the money for 2019 campaign
In my excitement,if i say make i pray 4 u for dis great comment,na curse go commot my mouth!they will quickly put part of the money into circulation b4 2019 and people will be deceived into thinking they have done well and vote them in again!this is when the whole country is supposed to rise up.where is pdp by the way?why are they not sensitizing nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by greatermax77(m): 11:02am On Sep 26, 2016
GOODMORNING NIGERIA! PLS LET HIM SELL EVERYTHING. AFTERALL HE IS AGENT OF CHANGE.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by ikwubaba: 11:02am On Sep 26, 2016
CSTR2:
His antecedence was clear. His speeches and view on national issues have been historically damning.
Saying you were scammed by buhari is telling everybody how poor an electorate you are.
It is better to say you didn't expect much from buhari but you were hoping he proved you wrong.

When did FG said they want to sell NLNG? Just asking.
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Adminisher: 11:08am On Sep 26, 2016
sanandreas:

Why sell national asset? Where is delta steel today and so many establishment sold. We will resist it's sales.

I am in favour of selling part of our shares but not strongly in favour. If we can borrow money (cheqply) to spend on infrastructure and reflation of the economy then that is preferred. Long and short we need short term cash

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by emmaelectelect(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2016
It shocks me to note that those who brought this government suddenly left Nairaland since they have disappeared from this trend
This guys lack capacity!

The first thing to sell is Presidential fleets

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2016
richidinho:
I am also happy to be part of train 5 & 6

Yaradua suspended train 7 due to the fact that we needed a large qty of gas to power electricity turbines nationwide. Visionary leader i must say

This same idiet that was preaching to us how market forces will bring down price of PMS once subsidy is removed are here again.

The most corrupt Abacha was able to construct 28,000 duplexes in Gwarinpa Estate, but it takes saint OBJ jst few months to sell everything to his frnds.

The corrupt and brutal military was able to construct
ALSCON
NLNG
REFINERIES
ABEOKUTA STEEL
NATIONAL THEATRE
ALMOST ALL THE AIRPORTS

our saints are planning to sell them off

So nah military govt build all those houses at gwarimpa ?

Its like Nigeria is not yet ripe for a democracy ?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 26, 2016
martineinstein:
they should sell others,especially airports,ajaokuta,aladja steel,refineries(xcept portharcort)national stadium lagos etc and leave NLNG ...they should sell dem to foreigners,especially chinese and europeans

And tax them heavily abi ?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by doctokwus: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2016
CSTR2:
His antecedence was clear. His speeches and view on national issues have been historically damning.
Saying you were scammed by buhari is telling everybody how poor an electorate you are.
It is better to say you didn't expect much from buhari but you were hoping he proved you wrong.
So we shud av stuck with a Jonathan that cannot in a decent society be allowed to govern a ward?I rather the country divides than have that accursed ruling me a day longer than wen he departed.
PMB antecedents as u claim are the exact opposite of what he's doing and has been saying during the campaigns and after inauguration:he is on paper a people oriented leader with a strong belief that govt has a stake in the investment and economic landscape to guide against the suffocating of the pple by corrupt bourgeois and capitalists.In words and previous deeds,thats what defined him and the parties he aligned with or formed(ANPP,CPC etc).Today u av a president totally at home with corrupt elite and even defending and promoting them to cabinet positions and other govt posts,a president that seems to want to fight one set of corrupt people so as to see the emergence of another set,who are protected by the state, a president that approves sale of govt prized assets,expectedly to his new set of corrupt friends,cronies and sycophants of the govt.
I bet u if eventually this sale goes ahead,the buyers or those behind it wud be the Abubakar Salamis,Dangotes,Abba Kyaris,Sarakis,and many apc governors or cabinet members.
That isn't the Buhari I know and voted for,so I don't understand your point, if at all u have any.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by estym(f): 11:29am On Sep 26, 2016
2016 is almost gone and u are talking of funding it now, # don'tsell ournationalassets#

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by gfullmoon(m): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2016
No matter how beautiful this NLNG is, if selling it will address the deprivation in the land, let it be sold. I can only oppose selling it if the proceed will like most often than not end up in the private purse of few Nigerians.

Nigerian situation is like a man who needs to undergo a surgery within one year or die. And this man happens to own the best hotel in Nigeria which only selling it can off set his surgery bill. Will you prefer he sells if off or die? Knowing if he survives the surgery he might gets even better hotel through hard work.
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Rosella1: 11:46am On Sep 26, 2016
Cutehector:
Only dangote wants to buy arsenal and nlng

As in ehhhh... Instead he should buy the problems bunked up in this recession!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by blowjohn(m): 11:50am On Sep 26, 2016
doctokwus:

So we shud av stuck with a Jonathan that cannot in a decent society be allowed to govern a ward?I rather the country divides than have that accursed ruling me a day longer than wen he departed.
PMB antecedents as u claim are the exact opposite of what he's doing and has been saying during the campaigns and after inauguration:he is on paper a people oriented leader with a strong belief that govt has a stake in the investment and economic landscape to guide against the suffocating of the pple by corrupt bourgeois and capitalists.In words and previous deeds,thats what defined him and the parties he aligned with or formed(ANPP,CPC etc).Today u av a president totally at home with corrupt elite and even defending and promoting them to cabinet positions and other govt posts,a president that seems to want to fight one set of corrupt people so as to see the emergence of another set,who are protected by the state, a president that approves sale of govt prized assets,expectedly to his new set of corrupt friends,cronies and sycophants of the govt.
I bet u if eventually this sale goes ahead,the buyers or those behind it wud be the Abubakar Salamis,Dangotes,Abba Kyaris,Sarakis,and many apc governors or cabinet members.
That isn't the Buhari I know and voted for,so I don't understand your point, if at all u have any.

Av been studying this buhari for a while. I don't think he's the buhari of last year. This may sound like a conspiracy theory, but I have a feeling some people have used jazz or juju on him.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Dejohnbull: 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
They should sell mmia in lagos or nass in abuja not nlng rivers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Myself2(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
GoggleB:
Sell Assets to fund 2016 budget..

Sell remaining assets to fund 2017 budget..

Sell Nigeria to fund 2018 budget...

Stoopid Government..

More than stuupid,they are evil criminals who have succeeded in bewitching many

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by funmise007(m): 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
if the Dullard as presume says we wunt sell our assets "no way" Nigerians would say the poor are suffering and apc keep scamming.abeg my concern now be say who are the Nigerians sef and who be government who dey dictate for who...Honestly am tired of this country.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Marcelini(m): 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
codemaniacs:

The "d:angote" u refer is a person who is a front for a bigger corporation.

Most billionaires of today are fronts for the billionaires of the 1800s.

Reminds me of finch, in the series "person of interest".

The masters, the puppeteers, the brain boxes are always in the dark controlling things with front men.
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by COMPAQ(m): 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2016
Adminisher:
There are too many ignorant, dumb kids on Nairaland.
Nigeria only owns 50 % to 75% of this plant? I am not sure if the cottect percentage
The FG merely wants to dilute this a little to maybe 45% to 30% and still be the largest shareholder. There are two or three other big owners including she'll and maybe Phillips.
What Nigeria has gained most from LNG is the enormous tax the company has paid since inception. That will not change and might increase if they get more trains.

I am beginning to support quick asset sales so that corruption will be reduced. Nigeria makes more money from tax than dividends. One of the stupid things the corrupt Dieziani was using to boast is that she never "touched" LNG dividends "yet" as if she was appointed to misappropriate it in the first place.

Bros, i find that majority of people on Nairaland (and Nigeria) are largely clueless about economics concepts. If they were, they should be able to deduce that what the government means is a dilution of ownership (though the government has done done itself any favours with respect to explaining itself properly).

Let's take the JV's for example, Govt takes its share of 55% of the crude and still charges 85% tax on IOC profits. The crude on the other hand, we have little clue what happens to it what with swaps and all. Personally, I'd rather the government makes its money from taxes as opposed to lifting crude and trying to be involved in the operations directly. Benefits of it are as follows:

Greater efficiency as the IOC can operate with less government intervention (major contracts lie with NNPC board for approval for years sometimes, stiffling investment)
Government should focus squarely on regulation.
IOC's can invest faster if they have more control - meaning faster profit and more tax.
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Emassive(m): 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2016
Stupid comment from a dummie. Have you sold alll your late grandfather's assests. Now donate all to Buhari. Mumu
Adminisher:
There are too many ignorant, dumb kids on Nairaland.
Nigeria only owns 50 % to 75% of this plant? I am not sure if the cottect percentage
The FG merely wants to dilute this a little to maybe 45% to 30% and still be the largest shareholder. There are two or three other big owners including she'll and maybe Phillips.
What Nigeria has gained most from LNG is the enormous tax the company has paid since inception. That will not change and might increase if they get more trains.

I am beginning to support quick asset sales so that corruption will be reduced. Nigeria makes more money from tax than dividends. One of the stupid things the corrupt Dieziani was using to boast is that she never "touched" LNG dividends "yet" as if she was appointed to misappropriate it in the first place.
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Emassive(m): 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
Am an estate agent and need to help facilitate the sale of aso Villa to fund 2016 budget. #changebeginswithme
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by lonelydora: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
richidinho:
I am also happy to be part of train 5 & 6

Yaradua suspended train 7 due to the fact that we needed a large qty of gas to power electricity turbines nationwide. Visionary leader i must say

This same idiets that was preaching to us how market forces will bring down price of PMS once subsidy is removed are here again.

The most corrupt Abacha was able to construct 28,000 duplexes in Gwarinpa Estate, but it takes saint OBJ jst few months to sell everything to his frnds.

The corrupt and brutal military was able to construct
ALSCON
NLNG
REFINERIES
ABEOKUTA STEEL
NATIONAL THEATRE
ALMOST ALL THE AIRPORTS

our saints are planning to sell them off

Add NAFCON and the mumu OBJ sold it.
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by kjhova(m): 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
Stelvin101:

Since calling OBJ a monkey hurts you them my guy go hug transformer

Oops! Goes to show the morals you have. No surprise then that you have no qualms calling OBJ a monkey.
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by johnsonedidiong(m): 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
If the president want to sell the country public assets let start from the north kasina why NLNG cut down the so called salary of all the political office holder so that we can see the change beging with me stuff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by yemmie(m): 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
The PIB that will empower Nigerians and Nigeria was killed by IOCs and the illiterates posing as Senators and Hon members.

I bet you the IOCs will fast track the buying of the percentage. I have said many years back Nigeria don't have the correct information for volume of crude that is exported for over 50 years and also LNG been shipped since 2001.

Qatar Petroleum has 70pct in all JV for Qatar Gas. The plan is Qatar gas to have 100 pct ownership.

Nigeria is a complete joke to the world.
The powerful cartels in the country - Dangote inclusive don't give a shit about national interest.

I pray Nigerian youths wake up someday.
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by patpeypey: 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
GoggleB:
Sell Assets to fund 2016 budget..

Sell remaining assets to fund 2017 budget..

Sell Nigeria to fund 2018 budget...

Stoopid Government..

I just had to repost it! Can't stop laughing.
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by willibounce1(m): 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
Beware of dangote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Cjrane2: 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2016
Funny enough, the administration that built nothing is the one bent on selling national assets painstakingly built by other serious administration.

Imagine that NLNG started during Babangida era and continued in abacha, abubakar regimes, until Obasanjo completed it. Imagine how much bribes it took to complete.

Now. BUHARI wants to sell it and pocket the money. What if other regimes gave fake promises like him and never built it? What will he be itching to sell?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
kjhova:

Oops! Goes to show the morals you have. No surprise then that you have no qualms calling OBJ a monkey.

I don't have time for ediot like u so fvck off!
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by ndavengers: 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2016
[size=18pt]I wished Nigerdelta Avengers would just blow up that Gas Plant.[/size]
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by macaranta(m): 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
It's a pity the direction we are headed as a nation
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by elsomm(m): 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
Firstlieutenant:
Dem want buy am with the same tax payers money dem loot

Which they will reloot after buying
Re: Photos Of The NLNG Plant In Bonny Island, Rivers State That FG Wants To Sell by unclejb2(m): 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
Aimwest:
Am saying this from the bottom of my heart, it's time we show this mother fuckers the power of the masses. Let us all rise against it and voice out "don't sell our national assets" !!!! Let it trend on every social media we know. Ti won ba le were titi kan ogiri yo yiju pada ni. This is the time we must face them back and show them the power of the masses. Don't keep silent on this matter my fellow Nigerians. God bless us all.
pls let those that campaigned, shouted Sai baba and voted for this useless government be at the forefront of the mass protest. Stooooopid people. We warned you guys but hatred didn't allow you to listen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lecturer Dr Danfulani Arrested For Criticizing Buhari On Facebook Denied Bail / Unknown Gunmen Attack Soldiers In Aba, Abia, Set Tank Ablaze / Fayose & Rochas Okorocha Meet In Osun For Aregbesola's Mum's Fidau Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.