Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard (28191 Views)

Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike / Militants Split Nigeria Into Five Republics / How President Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Economic Recession-ngozi Okonjo Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Deen77: 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2016
Aufbauh:
What an incoherent and disjointed news item.... undecided

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by fatymore(f): 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2016
there is no way you wil hold a political office and you wnt enjoy some benefits frm it . wat is killing our politicians is greediness....they wnt eat and clean mouth but eat and leave d oil to b seen by people
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by blackpanda: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hiploko:
the first recession nkor grin ... Ur god PMB carries a destiny dat causes hardship and recession... Give him 3rd term even with oil @ $2000/barrel...

From ur comment, I doubt u are more than 13yrs. And I dont chat with kids cos they lack the ability to comprehend.
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by sekundosekundo: 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
Aufbauh:

Boy, do find your likes and stay off my mention if you can't comprehend my expression.

What about happy recession? Or do you think everyone is going through the same hell hole as you.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Hiploko(m): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
blackpanda:

From ur comment, I doubt u are more than 13yrs. And I dont chat with kids cos they lack the ability to comprehend.
how does all the rubbish you typed above reduce the price of rice. I just bought a bag for 19,000... That is a taboo.. Tell ur god to return all aspects of Nigeria to how he met it in 2015. HAPPY RECCESSION

6 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by sanandreas(m): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2016
What pains me most is that some zombies are too blind to see. Happy recession.

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Deen77: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
Myself2:

Very brilliant and coherent write up.Only thoroughly brainwashed and acutely deluded zombies will see the write up as otherwise.

Brainwashed like this below and we must submit to blackmail of militants

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by udatso: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
kelvee:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/buhari-plunged-nigeria-recession/
Majority of the points here are so stupid.

APC Federal Government spokespersons – Garba Shehu, Femi Adesina, Lai Mohammed, name them – have been blaming the nation’s woes on “16 years of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, rot”. They said they did not expect the “depth” of the rot they met. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo files in, and blames PDP Federal Government’s failure to save for the rainy day, forgetting that the APC sponsored its governors to oppose Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s proposal for us to save when we had an unrivalled oil boom. They also opposed President Goodluck Jonathan’s plans to deregulate the downstream sector of the economy to free up funds to attack our infrastructural deficit. Jonathan, not being “a Pharaoh” (as he put it) weakly buckled to acts which the opposition deliberately deployed to ensure his downfall.
How many times will this false statement be debunked. Sponsored or not FG spent from the account before the governors requested for their share.
Who are these "they". In GEJ era, Pdp dominated everywhere. So I don't know how Apc was able to sponsor Pdp governors to sabotage a Pdp government.

President Umaru Yar’Adua played a statesman’s trump card through the Amnesty deal, which ended the militancy in the Niger Delta, thus creating a new impetus for us to enjoy more oil boom till the tail end of 2014. When Jonathan assumed office, he embarked on massive infrastructure upgrades nationwide, and this manifested in our airports, roads, rail, investment in power, education (especially tertiary) [b]and of course, democratic reforms that made it possible for a powerful opposition to arise and sweep him from office.[b]
If he was doing such a good work, he would still be the president of Nigeria

Of course, there was massive corruption during the PDP years, but tell me in which regime since our independence when there was no corruption, even this current Buhari regime? The only difference is that the “enemies” are being targeted, while “friends and acolytes” are being shielded.
Yeah, Pdp should have targeted their enemies too and perhaps they would have recovered some money too. ...oh... .wait. ....they were more interested in exchange of Ghana must go to keep their enemies in check.

So, yes, the recession was caused by our failure to save for a rainy day, but it was a collective failure of the nation. Jonathan cannot escape the blame because as President, he should have stamped his foot down and done what was best for the country, rather than dance to the tune of every Tom and Harry just for him to be elected for a second term.
Yeah, he should have. If he had, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Yes, we are in recession because of the renewed militancy in the Niger Delta. But who caused it? Before Buhari came in, we had massive oil theft. But when he assumed office and came at governance as if on a vengeance mission, the militancy resumed.
Vengeance mission or not, the militants were ready to cause trouble for anyone who isn't theirs. Have you even seen their demands?

Buhari did not realise the harm he was inflicting on the psyche of the nation when he propounded his “97%/5%” formula, which went against the Federal Character principle in the constitution. He used it to divide the country along political party, religious, regional, ethnic and sectional lines, favouring his kinsmen and supporters while neglecting those who did not support him.
This is the part of this post I party agree with. Buhari was reckless with that statement of 5%. In my opinion it was insensitive. But it's important to point out that it was Pdp that started this divisive politics.

Not only that, he mobilised the agencies of state security to go after his perceived opponents in a one-sided anti-corruption war which only emphasised the return of allegedly looted funds. He did not make it a holistic affair. Some individuals who felt the system was blindly and vengefully after them returned to militancy and plunged the economy deeper into recession. Security threats expanded, from Boko Haram alone in 2015 to new fronts (the Niger Delta Avengers, armed Fulani herdsmen, Indigenous People’s of Biafra/MASSOB protests, and the Shiites uprising in Kaduna).
How mischievous this writer is. So he is suggesting that Buhari anti corruption war lead to Niger delta, Fulani herdsmen, ipob, massob protest, Shiites uprising.
This miscreant would give any excuse (reasonable or not) just to put a stop to Buhari anti corruption fight.
Buhari, ride on and deal with them. And if you mess up and are voted out of office, I pray and hope the president that comes in focuses his anti corruption fight in Apc. That way, each government will sit up knowing fully well there will be a reckoning. The winner will be the masses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by emmykk(m): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
Aufbauh:

Boy, do find your likes and stay off my mention if you can't comprehend my expression.

What about happy recession? Or do you think everyone is going through the same hell hole as you.

Mr Richman your first post were you called this explicit post disjoint....is the most foolish post that anyone who learned ABC to Z have ever written since the creation of time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Gten(m): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2016
What do you expect when a president openly agrees on international TV that his country is fantastically corrupt. Investors would flee from such a country hence the scarcity of dollar among other factors. It is not too late Mr President, reassess your actions and right your wrong, it the humane thing to do.

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by ikemesit4477: 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2016
nnachukz:
The marked Z.... who dominate the displayed republic will not like this news. In fact they won't see anything in it they can relate with even if you write it in bold. Praises and Worship to their god dullardoo is what they easily take note of miles away.
Brown Roof Republic grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Hiploko(m): 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2016
sanandreas:
What pains me most is that some zombies are too blind to see. Happy recession.
don't mind them dear, na. Dem last strength dem use the zombie about... Happy recession joor

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by linusbnn(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
Aufbauh:

If you are not passing through same hell bro,kindly keep calm because citizens are not smiling
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by emmykk(m): 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
blackpanda:

Shut up and grow up!
bros your are very pain and bitter.

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by emmykk(m): 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2016
u
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by emmykk(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2016
fighting corruption with fake certificates

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Pidggin(f): 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
Eku recession grin

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by gidjah(m): 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hmmmm well written and perfectly juxtaposed ,this nation wouldn't have speedily nose dived in to that ugly monster called recession if our 'All mighty saint 'Buhari has heeded wise counsel from wise people, he seem to have problem with trust, he only sees his Aboki brothers as the saving saints, thus our speedy voyage In To the ocean of Recession!!welcome to the world of Recession Nigeria, ego better for Us.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by magoo10(m): 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2016
simply put buhari is unfit to rule a complex society as Nigeria in this present clime,

anybody who thinks otherwise should have his or her brains checked

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Deen77: 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
Aufbauh:
What an incoherent and disjointed news item.... undecided

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by ArabMopol(m): 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
kelvee:

very good writeup, if u are a woman please come for a kiss , if u are fellow man wait for me at mama nkechi spot for a bottle of beer and a plate of ngwobi.....

I will comments later lemme finish reading it first

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by johnokoro101: 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
Tell PMB to move his ass of hardship and poverty out nigeria or.......

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Hiploko(m): 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
Deen77:

Thank you.
deen? Which of them Buharideen abi afonjadeen? Happy recession o jare'

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by mencade5(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
I don leave my marketing job because of this recession. People no dey gree buy again.

Buhari is not fit to be a scho headmaster,

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by ArabMopol(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
kelvee:

masterstrokes, very good writeup, if u are a woman please come forward for a kiss , if u are a fellow man wait for me at mama nkechi spot for a bottle of beer and a plate of ngwobi.....

I will comments later lemme finish reading it first

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by ArabMopol(m): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Standing5:
Thought It was me alone who found the piece incoherent. These people like to heap the blame of reccesion on anything Buhari touches but forget Oil price crash and lack of savings/investment is 80% responsible for negative economic effect. Nigeria spent $217B to defend the Naira between 2002 and 2014. That could av easily built 16 of the kind of refinery Dangote is building to take our refining capacity to 10million barrel per day. Selling two or three of those will easily bail us out of any stupíd recession for 5 years minimum.
do u reasons through ur anus... the writer also blame Jonathan for not saving much when the demands for crude oil are on higher demands..... what a dull Zombie

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by lafuria1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hahaha, very funny write up, justifying the activities of the militants and corruption. I thought the writer will talk base on economics. If you write based on economics, buhari is never to blame.

Buhari is to blame, what next?
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by ArabMopol(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
blueto:
Very silly. here are the words of your vice president, signifying that activities of the NDA are Solely responsible for recession. [/url] so are you saying he is wrong, goofy and intellectually inept to have based the sole cause of the recession on the belligerency of the NDA??
very soon u will say ND Avengers started the war in North East.. or Igbo business men stole humanitarian materials meant for suffering Northerners in IDP camp.... I don't know why Zombies like twisting issues

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by mailmitch(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
nnachukz:
The marked Z.... who dominate the displayed republic will not like this news. In fact they won't see anything in it they can relate with even if you write it in bold. Praises and Worship to their god dullardoo is what they easily take note of miles away.

Criusly wth a piece like ths frm d vanguard it shld b able to let evry Nigerian put his or her thinking cap and put an end to ths madness by ths govt. Dey said nothng but d truth and if d govt of d day has d plight of d pple at heart dey shld begin a rethink all their policies since dey came into power, and dey shld carry evrybdy along. I pray d apologists if ths govt read it wth understandng and an open mind

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Tiegarr: 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
kelvee:

This is the most brainless and bigoted article of this quarter that I have come across..Nigerians are generally not analytical in issues or they just choose to be plain daft in their perspective to things..May God rebuke the writer..
Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by mailmitch(m): 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2016
magoo10:
simply put buhari is unfit to rule a complex society as Nigeria in this present clime,

anybody who thinks otherwise should have his or her brains checked

Criusly anybdy who disagrees wth ths write up shld b considered an enemy of Nigeria, because whoever wrote ths really nailed it without bias.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Plunged Nigeria Into Recession - Vanguard by Tiegarr: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2016
Myself2:

Very brilliant and coherent write up.Only thoroughly brainwashed and acutely deluded zombies will see the write up as otherwise.
You are either a kid or have poor analytical training because of your poor environmental upbringing..You didn't grow up with enough toys...At best,let give you a kidult!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Phillip Shaibu Buys Keke For A Victim Of Reckless Driving By His Convoy (Pics) / IPOB Threatening My Life Because Of Peter Obi – Reno Omokri Raises Alarm / Osinbajo Presides Over Emergency FEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.