Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,807 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike (30348 Views)

Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF / $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers / Reno Omokri: Blame Davido For $26 Billion NNPC Corruption Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by kirajustice: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has accused the APC Federal Government of plunging the nation into its worst depth of corruption since Independence.

Governor Wike said that the mind-blogging $26billion monumental corruption unveiled in the leaked memo of the Minister of State for Petroleum brings to the fore the high-level sleaze amongst top officials of the APC Federal Government through the NNPC.

He spoke at the Government House, Umuahia on Friday during a state visit to Abia where he commissioned construction equipment and also held a meeting with the Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu.

Wike said: "When they said judges were accused of corruption, they were told to step aside. They have not told anyone to step aside so that they can conclude investigation. When you are in office, investigation will be compromised.

It is for Nigerians to see. Are we fighting corruption? The corruption they are fighting is against some people who are their opponents. All of us are victims. I have never seen this kind of scandal in all my political career. We have never heard of it like this.

What about this $26billion (N9trillion) contract scam and nobody is talking. Everywhere is quiet."

He said the anti-corruption fight is simply aimed at brow-beating the opposition because the APC has metamorphosed into a monumental failure.

"So many promises were made, but none has been fulfilled. Everyday, what they have to say is corruption, corruption, no other statement. Corruption from day one and corruption till the day they will leave office. What have they achieved? No roads, no infrastructure. I could not come to Abia by road. It is not possible ", he said.

The Rivers State Governor said that PDP is ready to rescue Nigerians from the failure and under-development foisted on them by APC.

He said: "They are working to see that there is disunity amongst the governors. But we have realised that we must work together because of the country. We will do everything possible to make PDP stronger.

It is not by propaganda. No amount of blackmail will make the governors to shy away from taking Nigeria to the level Nigerians want it. We are going to work together to ensure that PDP emerges victorious in 2019".

He said that PDP is the solution to the nation's challenges, pointing out that all PDP states are working.

Earlier while commissioning the construction equipment procured by the Abia State Government, Governor Wike commended the Abia State Governor for his commitment to rural infrastructure.

He urged the Abia people to continue to support Governor Ikpeazu for greater achievements.

He announced that the Rivers State Government will work with the Abia State Government to reconstruct the Oyigbo to Aba Federal Highway.

Wike said that the APC Federal Government is in a state of confusion because it has been cursed for meddling in the politics of Rivers State. He said until they confess, they will wallow in confusion.

In his remarks, Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu said that the construction equipment commissioned by Governor Wike will be used to revolutionise infrastructure in the state.

He said that the earth moving equipment will serve the rural communities of the state.

He said his administration has lifted Abia State above her peers in terms of development.

He praised Governor Wike for his commitment to development and good governance.

"I count Governor Wike as a special blessing, not only to our people but to humankind. I thank God for the kind of courage that he has blessed Wike with. Today, he has come here. I pray that the blessing of Rivers State will follow Abia ", Dr Ikpeazu said.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/10/06/missing-26-billion-apc-plunged-nigeria-worst-pit-corruption-wike/

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by FreeConCiencE: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
Ok
Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by haryorbarmie83(m): 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
APC or PDP. APC government are trying their best unlike the looters of common wealth.

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by josephine123: 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
Na xo

1 Like

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by gentlepraise(m): 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
shocked 9 trillion?

APC govt embezzled a whole of 9 trillion and they are borrowing money up and down.

MY VOTER'S CARD, MY STRENGTH COME 2019.

196 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by SMSguru(m): 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
If you agree with Gov. Wike, click LIKE. If you disagree with him, click SHARE.
As for me, I reserve my comment.

431 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by DieBuhari: 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2017
Yoruba Muslims will attack him for this.

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by heendrix(m): 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
make god help us aswear

5 Likes

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by Paperwhite(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2017
The worst is yet to come as far as APC's corruption is concerned.A den of criminal saints.

103 Likes

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by Homeboiy: 9:33pm On Oct 06, 2017
Your right sir

Waiting for fayosé version

FFK too
If no be say e don' beta for buhari, I for say
Buhari e no go beta for u

6 Likes

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by dulaman: 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
Dd

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by yanshDoctor: 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2017
losing hope in the project of Nigeria is an under statement. i have long lost hope in the project nigeria

24 Likes

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by clevvermind(m): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2017
gentlepraise:
shocked 9 trillion?

APC govt embezzled a whole of 9 trillion and they are borrowing money up and down.

DO YOU THINK THAT YOUR VOTER'S CARD WILL COUNT IN THIS CORRUPT COUNTRY?

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by aolawale025: 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
26b dollars just from NNPC. Imagine when revelations come out on the other income generating agencies.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by BeardedMeat(m): 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
aolawale025:
26b dollars just from NNPC. Imagine when revelations come out on the other income generating agencies.
Ayam telling you! Bunch of saintly thieves all of them.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
aolawale025:

4 Likes

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by yanshDoctor: 11:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
the current state of Nigeria is too bad. the condition and standard of living is very bad. the corruption level is so bad that its has eating deep to almost every soul you can find there. nothing is working over there and nothing has ever worked. the hardship and criminality has reflected in the lives of an average Nigerians over the years. i am not saying Nigeria shouldn't have had independence but there should have been other resolution or walking ways. the leadership are bad and very wicked. everything is so bad over there.

10 Likes

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 07, 2017
If I thought they allowed Niger deltan to control their resources ,at least 10 billion dollar would have be used to developed the region and our politicians will share the remaining 15 billion. look at what just the 15 percent did in the whole Niger delta. in akwaibom, akpabio transform, in rivers wike is working, if I thought this 26 billion was for the owners, I believe Africa Dubai would have been build in Niger delta.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by Toketimt: 4:59am On Oct 07, 2017
Wike is so daft. Constantly deceiving his fools. No where in Kachikwu leaked letter talked about a missing $26 billion.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by escapefromusa(f): 5:12am On Oct 07, 2017
yanshDoctor:
the current state of Nigeria is too bad. the condition and standard of living is very bad. the corruption level is so bad that its has eating deep to almost every soul you can find there. nothing is working over there and nothing has ever worked. the hardship and criminality has reflected in the lives of an average Nigerians over the years. i am not saying Nigeria shouldn't have had independence but there should have been other resolution or walking ways. the leadership are bad and very wicked. everything is so bad over there.

And yet my nephew just bought a Mercedes from farm.

Stop struggling to import rice, beans and wheat and cars. The parry is over

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by vedaxcool(m): 5:42am On Oct 07, 2017
[s]
gentlepraise:
shocked 9 trillion?

[/s]

Elegant stewpidity is the inability to disguish between the award of contract and actual embezzlement of funds.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by vedaxcool(m): 5:44am On Oct 07, 2017
Toketimt:
Wike is so daft. Constantly deceiving his fools. No where in Kachikwu leaked letter talked about a missing $26 billion.

But he also know ipob yoots are even dafter since they can follow the lead of a London gay club stripper hence he restates a lie their little bread brain cannot process.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by Babacele: 6:06am On Oct 07, 2017
this drunkard and cop killer don start to dey spew thrash again for Igbos and fools to chew. which missing $26b? Still waiting for you Wike to sue the FG for the money- $45m- PDP kept at ikoyi lodge abi why are you not foaming in the mouth and bragging about it any longer? unrepentant thief stealing Rivers money monthly wan teach us about financial discipline.. .. yeye .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by AburoBuhari: 6:23am On Oct 07, 2017
hmmm
Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by omowolewa: 6:28am On Oct 07, 2017
In dollars?

Corruption is not won by strong men but strong systems

6 Likes

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by ipoblogic: 6:36am On Oct 07, 2017
clevvermind:
DO YOU THINK THAT YOUR VOTER'S CARD WILL COUNT IN THIS CORRUPT COUNTRY?

2019 election are already concluded.
Nigerians don't know what they bargained for when they routed for a terrorists and rejected a Democrat.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by GavelSlam: 6:38am On Oct 07, 2017
Renewal of contract to companies who have a history of performance is what dummies call missing money?

Honestly there are way too many morons in Nigeria.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by GavelSlam: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2017
ipoblogic:

2019 election are already concluded.
Nigerians don't know what they bargained for when they routed for a terrorists and rejected a Democrat.

Continue.

1 Like

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 07, 2017
The way you guys arrived at $26Billion amaze me,, simply put $26Billion and still counting.. they ain't done yet,, by the time they are through with Nigeria,, there will be nothing left.. we might start borrowing from Botswana sef

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by ndcide(m): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2017
Toketimt:

Of course, criminals will defend fraudulent contracts aimed and diverting funds.
Mchweew

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by nototribalist: 8:41am On Oct 07, 2017
Buhari and his 40 thieves from the north will continue to kill Nigeria

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike by nototribalist: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2017
Toketimt:
ok

54 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tukur & Jonathan Shared $35M Meant For Chibok Girls Release - Sahara Reporters / Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why / Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.