Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (31691 Views)

The List Of The 105 People In Lagos State With The Title Of Asiwaju / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu At Crossroads Politically-dele Sobowale / “i Will Show Buhari The Meaning Of Asiwaju; I Can Destroy Apc- Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
Goke7:

You are very right on this. But remember that you pdp guys supported the election of saraki and dogara which was the beginning of Tinubu troubles, now you want him in your party. What a super-story bruv
There is no entitlement in politics my brother. We supported the ascension of Saraki and Dogara to weaken APC NOT Tinubu as a person, that was politics. A weak APC is a blessing to PDP just like a divided PDP is the joy of APC. There shouldn't be emotional bitterness in politics.

However, politics has to do with alignment and realignment to fight a common adversary. The CPC/ANPP and some ungrateful "ACN" members sees Tinubu as a common enemy and Buhari a common project, the PDP has no problem with Tinubu but Buhari seeing that we want to dethrone him(politics), for Buhari's men to have their way, Tinubu will have to go down. This makes Buhari be the automatic adversary of Tinubu, hence, both PDP and Tinubu share common adversary. Why can't both come together and have a well defined understanding to protect their interest and face a common political adversary that enjoys powers of the State?

Bro, BAT is a politician and this is politics. #IStandWithBAT

2 Likes

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
hagmond1:
Tinubu to join PDP?
The same PDP he vehemently opposed and ridiculed before and after the last general elections.

do you think tinubu would be contented to be anything less than a leader in PDP?

Unless PDP will surrender the mechanism and affairs of their party to a stranger.

Educative write up anyways
PDP wud dash him(tinubu) the leadership if he is interested.
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
EternalTruths:

So you think the population of the part of SW loyal to Tinubu will be enough to stop Buhari's government without the help of the SS and SE populations.

Read the handwriting on the wall

The SW is divided just like Awo and Akintola era

Those loyal to Tinubu in the West can't stop Buhari

Without the support of the SS and SE populations, Tinubu resistance will see him end up in prison like Awo.

Tinubu must kneel down publicly and beg Jonathan to help him rally the SS and SE populations

Failure to do so, will see the wild wild west of 1964 repeat itself and Tinubu imprisoned if he fights back.
I don't even understand you. Is the Abuja APC fighting Tinubu to protect the interest of the SS or SE? What concerns the SS and SE in this BTW? this is politics, forces aligns and realigns.

As far as I know, Buhari is very unpopular in SE and SS(though not hated), and being PDP stronghold, Tinubu's ACN bloc that controls SW and Benue state can forge a working partnership to face Buhari's group in 2019.
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
hyperflex:
When this thing happened in Ogun state and the real ACN members were sidelined by the ANPP thru the manipulation of Onifila Ibikunle Amosun and the matter was reported to Tinubu he laughed it off and didn't do anything about it. Now the same mistake is biting him on the ass. ACN sold out to the incoming ANPP or CPC (both party are the same) then gave them key slots like the presidency n chairman in Oyegun. Why won't they take power or downgrade Tinubu!? Well I see a new party but time still dey. Will Tinubu allow himself to be ridiculed by those that once Bowed to him?
Perhaps, he had not the best Advisers but shame to Amosun
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
NgcoboP:

I put it to you that you plagiarized ffk
Mkpi, perhaps FFK plagiarised mine. I wrote and published my first piece BEFORE FFK, and this is 100% my work in writing and style.
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by laiza(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
May God bless you in abundance for this post. I thought I was the only one that felt this way. People don't seem to see the struggle, the suffering and sacrifice of this sage. It is when he decides to fight back or "put in place" any erring member that people start to make unnecessary noise. God Bless Bola Ahmed Tinubu, God bless Lagos state, God bless the state of Osun and God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by caprini1: 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
Goke7:

This your smooth talk sounds interesting I must admit but its not as straightforward as you think, I don't think tinubu will move to pdp. He is likely to form a new party and may be the disgruntled folks in pdp will team up with him and then go on from there. Remember lots of disgruntled folks from pdp also moved to the APC. So we may have a situation where disgruntled folks from both the pdp and APC teaming up with tinubu on a new platform.

These are all assumptions bruv
This sounds like a prophecy waiting to happen.
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Goke7: 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
There is no entitlement in politics my brother. We supported the ascension of Saraki and Dogara to weaken APC NOT Tinubu as a person, that was politics. A weak APC is a blessing to PDP just like a divided PDP is the joy of APC. There shouldn't be emotional bitterness in politics.

However, politics has to do with alignment and realignment to fight a common adversary. The CPC/ANPP and some ungrateful "ACN" members sees Tinubu as a common enemy and Buhari a common project, the PDP has no problem with Tinubu but Buhari seeing that we want to dethrone him(politics), for Buhari's men to have their way, Tinubu will have to go down. This makes Buhari be the automatic adversary of Tinubu, hence, both PDP and Tinubu share common adversary. Why can't both come together and have a well defined understanding to protect their interest and face a common political adversary that enjoys powers of the State?

So after killing the common adversary, what happens next? You begin to turn against yourselves again ba? Oga its a ridiculous cycle. Its up to jagaban to decide what he actually wants . Interesting times indeed, this one sef wan pass donald trump vs hilary clinton

1 Like

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by basingstoke: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
All of them including bubu will taste what unfair criticism is like. Amaechi oshiomole el rufai dele momodu all loading

1 Like

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by anonimi: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
hyperflex:
When this thing happened in Ogun state and the real ACN members were sidelined by the ANPP thru the manipulation of Onifila Ibikunle Amosun and the matter was reported to Tinubu he laughed it off and didn't do anything about it. Now the same mistake is biting him on the ass. ACN sold out to the incoming ANPP or CPC (both party are the same) then gave them key slots like the presidency n chairman in Oyegun. Why won't they take power or downgrade Tinubu!? Well I see a new party but time still dey. Will Tinubu allow himself to be ridiculed by those that once Bowed to him?

Did Ogbeni Ojuyobo not ridicule those whom he bowed to before in order to gain political power?
Not only did he ridicule them, he even cursed and abused them. People like Pa Dawodu, Gbenga Daniel and even the late sage Awo plus all his family. Haba!!!
Anyway karma is a b.i.t.c.h.

Babasessy:

Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article)

The Awolowo rebirth in the Southwest has inspired gongs, songs and rhetoric of sorts. But they have missed one point.

It occurred to me in Abeokuta last week amidst the big crowds and euphoria of the swearing-in of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as governor. In all the states from Lagos to Edo, where Awo has witnessed ideological resurgence, hardly a single family member has played a role.

So we have an Awo family without an Awo. That is an irony. But history overwhelms us with this sort of twist. Obafemi Awolowo toiled for his reputation. His roots were lowly, he toiled to school both home and abroad, launched into careers in law, business, journalism and eventually politics. He carved a niche for himself, and became the first methodical and charismatic leftist in our history.  Other leftists abounded but they did not inspire comparable drama and following.

He faced tribulations, went to jail, failed in elections, won a few, but he imprinted his ideas and legacy in the country, and no single mortal has beaten him in the history of this country. His greatest achievement was in the area of ideas, and that was how he fashioned a family. Most families are born of biology but his issued from ideology. That family suffered with him.

In a spoof of Jesus Christ, these were the men who followed him in his teachings, and endured with him in his temptations. So he formed a kingdom for them in the Southwest, in the old Western Region, presiding over his projects, his legacies and people.

In all of these, the family he had was not his flesh and blood. In another spoof of Christ, who were his family anyway? Those who were with him must be counted as his family. So, I combed in the ambience of Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and I found none. I went to Ogun, I frisked the crowd under Amosun’s bower, hardly any. Around Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in Osun, I could not lay a finger. With Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti, where are the forbears of Awo? Yet, I can hear the chants of Awo. Hardly in any of the inaugural speeches or any of their other public intervention would you miss the philtre and filter of Awo from these gentlemen. To parody Novelist Joseph Conrad, they are the sparks from Awo’s sacred fire, the messengers of the might within the man.

Already all of them are pursuing the legacy ideas of Awo: free education, free health services, infrastructural development, urban renewal and economic engineering.

Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist. The others are putting up valiant efforts, and the world of course is watching to see how well they will perform. It will call for great work, resourcefulness and cooperation. They are the real Awoists, and Awo was a man of rigour and vigour.

The Awo son that many expected to take after the father was Olusegun, who unfortunately died in a car crash. We shall never know if he could have pulled it off.  But the others have not shown much of the paterfamilias’ brio and depth. In the past decade, under this republic, they have blended with the wrong crowd. Even H.I.D, hobnobbed with Alao-Akala, who brought illiteracy to governance; with Oyinlola who turned the grace of office into a hell-hole of despots; with Daniel who could not arrest his quick fall into megalomania.

I wrote once that this woman whom Awo once described as the jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause. If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death. Even his newspaper, The Tribune, has so stumbled and fallen that it swims in Awo’s vomit.

Groucho Max, one of the funniest satirists in American history, said of a man that he got his looks from his father. Then he quipped, “He was a plastic surgeon.” That means the son is not his real son, or he did not inherit his natural looks. Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others. He was the one who stuck his neck out. He could have lost his life or ended his career in politics. The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide.

The only person that made a real try was Awolowo-Dosunmu in the early 1990s and she lost roundly. She was accused of trying to ride her father’s coattail. Political families are good for democracies. They can exemplify the high ideals of diligence, dignity, ideas, character. We have seen these in such families as the Kennedys, the Adamses, the Roosevelts, the Ghandis. They just don’t claim family. They appeal to the high ideals that endeared the families to their societies.

It’s also an irony that these families are falling into twilight. Some of them have vanished. Enoch Powell, a British MP, once gave us the famous line: “All political lives, unless they are cut off midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure because that is the nature of politics and human affairs.”

Columnist Ambassador Dapo Fafowora adverted to this idea in a recent outing, and I debated it with him afterwards. I don’t believe that a political life should be judged by how it ends but what it means. The quote is often missed by many who mistake “careers” for “lives.” A political life should be judged by its legacies. If we judged Awo by how he ended, we would look at him only as the loser to Shagari. That is why I see an intrinsic mischief in Enoch’s quote. But I would agree that political families end also in failure if you judge how they peter out and not the legacy.

Awo’s legacy is alive and well. Members of other families in flesh and blood can carry on. Immediate families tend to suffer from what an author, Noemie Emery, describes as dynastic curse. The children tend to be intimidated by the standards set by the fathers. So they just don’t want to try. They feel they cannot match them or come even close.  The problem probably comes from the fathers themselves. The Adams, who produced important presidents, later gave birth to moral vagrants and drunks. The Bush daughters showed themselves as party girls when their father was contesting the political battle of his life.

But Joe Kennedy groomed his sons assiduously, and they excelled in politics. They also had a fair share of tragedies. Ted Kennedy regained his sobriety and voice in America after a season of debauchery. In Nigeria, we are seeing the Sarakis fade. A Saraki – Bukola - is wiping out the Sarakis from politics. It is a classic case of oedipal tragedy, something I predicted earlier this year on this page.

It is not late though for the flesh-and-blood Awolowos to join their father’s fold. But they must be genuine. Awo was the most important Yoruba personage in history after Oduduwa. They had stellar men like Oranmiyan, Balogun Latosa, Lisabi, Sodeke, et al. None of them had the unifying vision and organisational acumen that Awolowo gave the race. The wife, children and grandchildren should not watch others glow in his jewel without them.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/monday/sam-omatseye/index.1.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
A golden opportunity for SS & SE to form a new alliance and end the North's divide and rule method

1 Like

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by koboko69: 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
plaetton:
Every one is expressing surprise and disappointment at the unravelling of APC, and I marvel at how naive people really are.
Daahhhh!
Who couldn't have seen it coming?
Was Tinubu so blind by ambition that he didn't see it coming? That would mean that he is not as smart as we give him credit for.

History always repeats itself, and those who ignore the lessons of history are condemned to repeat it's mistakes.

No one should have any pity for Tinubu. This is the reward for his crass opportunitism.

For those who are unable to read tea leaves and body language,This is just the beginning of the inevitable implosion of the APC.

I predict that Tinubu will turn his media Piranhas against the regime, and in text book fashion, the reactionary regime, like a wounded tiger, would unleash it's own dogs on the offensive.
There will be blood, there will be confusion, there will be anger in the land.
Some, however, will enjoy a good laugh while it lasts.

It will be back to the Abacha era atmosphere . With widespread hunger in the land, citizens, just like in the era, lwoul be wearing Buhari badges to identity the loyalty of their stomach infrastructure.

It's deja vu all over again.

This ur wish os thereby restricted to you and members ofur family.
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by kernel504(m): 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
mikki123:
We Yorubas are tired of Buhari government.. We build APC, AND I'M VERY SURE WE SHALL BE THE ONE TO DESTROY IT

You can't be tired of his government, wailing at this point is self destructive...Sai Buhari
Hypocrites.
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by DanielPop(m): 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
Tinubu is a political weight no doubt but never a heavy weight. His precedent i understand very well but clearly it isn't a product of sound, logical and practical strategy but more of a strategy carried on the wings of graft and violence. No real brain. If he had applied brain, he would have been conscious of Law 1 in the 48 laws of power - "Never outshine the master."

Constantly reminding Buhari that it was Tinubu's benevolence that put him there has inspired fear and insecurity in Buhari. Tinubu has therefore become an enemy and a threat. So Buhari, in the power game, has to eliminate that threat Tinubu poses.

Secondly, Tinubu haven infringed on Law 1 has inspired Buhari and his henchmen to activate Law 15 "Crush your enemy totally." All great leaders know that a feared enemy must be crushed totally because if one ember is left alight, no matter how dimly it smolders, a fire will eventually breakout. The battle started as soon as Buhari won the election and will end when Tinubu is destroyed economically and thrown in jail.

As for Tinubu crossing over to PDP. Ask yourself, will hardcore PDP yield up their party to Tinubu? Let us assume for a moment that they will. It will be only to regain power using Tinubu like CPC used him. Once that is done, Tinubu will again come under the hammer. Why do i say this, he has infringed on Law 3 "Conceal your intentions." Every one knows that Tinubu is driven by insatiable lust for power and wont stop until he attains the ultimate prize. So, once your power intentions is known openly, adversaries will prepare their defense. Every political bed Tinubu steps into going forward will keep his bed partners on their toes planning to do him political mayhem after using him. Just like Buhari is doing.

So what is the way forward for Tinubu? Recoil back into prebendal politics to reclaim his "famed West" from the hands of "friends" that he oppressed while he held sway as Lord of the Manor, if he can. Those friends are now dining with Buhari who has wooed them using Law 12 "Use Selective Honesty and Generosity to Disarm your victim". They are being deceived and manipulated at will by Buhari and his forces to betray and finally destroy Tinubu.

So can Tinubu regain the West? I say if he can because he has lost Ondo and will lose others....even Lagos if the forces against him play unlike Jonathan. They will!

But Tinubu can redeem himself in the eyes of the South. How, by deploying his "political machinery to ensure that PDP captures Edo State. If he does this, two things will happen. PDP will see a frenemy (Tinubu) that is useful and both will rub off on each other. PDP to power in Edo State. Tinubu - a message to Buhari that i am still the toughest. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Remember this Tinubu because you have nothing further to gain with Buhari!

Watch out in the coming months in this onslaught on Tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Mufasa27(m): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
Asiwaju never expected it lol..... But on a more serious note, I think Asiwaju is overhyped, because a lame would have seen this coming....Now the almighty Bola have been hit multiple times by the Ab0kis and some of his ex-students....

1 Like

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by funmise007(m): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
all i know is that if that man decided to quit Politics like OBJ lotsa people will see his relevance and start begging him to come back if i lie ask PDP
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by anonimi: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
Goke7:
So after killing the common adversary, what happens next? You begin to turn against yourselves again ba? Oga its a ridiculous cycle. Its up to jagaban to decide what he actually wants . Interesting times indeed, this one sef wan pass donald trump vs hilary clinton

Just shows you that OUR politicians, whom WE allow to represent us, are all about what they can STEAL from us and not about DIFFERENT ideologies of the best way to serve our collective interest.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Goke7: 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
DanielPop:
Tinubu is a political weight no doubt but never a heavy weight. His precedent i understand very well but clearly it isn't a product of sound, logical and practical strategy but more of a strategy carried on the wings of graft and violence. No real brain. If he had applied brain, he would have been conscious of Law 1 in the 48 laws of power - "Never outshine the master."

Constantly reminding Buhari that it was Tinubu's benevolence that put him there has inspired fear and insecurity in Buhari. Tinubu has therefore become an enemy and a threat. So Buhari, in the power game, has to eliminate that threat Tinubu poses.

Secondly, Tinubu haven infringed on Law 1 has inspired Buhari and his henchmen to activate Law 15 "Crush your enemy totally." All great leaders know that a feared enemy must be crushed totally because if one ember is left alight, no matter how dimly it smolders, a fire will eventually breakout. The battle started as soon as Buhari won the election and will end when Tinubu is destroyed economically and thrown in jail.

As for Tinubu crossing over to PDP. Ask yourself, will hardcore PDP yield up their party to Tinubu? Let us assume for a moment that they will. It will be only to regain power using Tinubu like CPC used him. Once that is done, Tinubu will again come under the hammer. Why do i say this, he has infringed on Law 3 "Conceal your intentions." Every one knows that Tinubu is driven by insatiable lust for power and wont stop until he attains the ultimate prize. So, once your power intentions is known openly, adversaries will prepare their defense. Every political bed Tinubu steps into going forward will keep his bed partners on their toes planning to do him political mayhem after using him. Just like Buhari is doing.

So what is the way forward for Tinubu? Recoil back into prebendal politics to reclaim his "famed West" from the hands of "friends" that he oppressed while he held sway as Lord of the Manor, if he can. Those friends are now dining with Buhari who has wooed them using Law 12 "Use Selective Honesty and Generosity to Disarm your victim". They are being deceived and manipulated at will by Buhari and his forces to betray Tinubu.

So can Tinubu regain the West? I say if he can because he has lost Ondo and will lose others....even Lagos if the forces against him play unlike Jonathan. They will!

Watch out in the coming months in this onslaught on Tinubu.

I hope you are in our nollywood industry, if not you are wasting your talent here on nairaland which can make Nigerian economy not get out of recession on time. grin
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by caprini1: 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

WORD!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2016
Goke7:

Check PDP history, those that help bring the party to power are never let down. PDP has a kind of zoning system, the primary purpose of zoning is to allowing heavyweights chance to nominate loyalists especially when they are materials. Who do you think nominated Namadi Sambo to Goodluck? Who nominated Goodluck to Musa? Did Musa ever fought Obj or even disgrace him? Did he punish Obj's loyalists at any level due to loyalty to Obj? Even in the politicaldisagreement between Obj and GEJ, the latter never allowed it degenerate into humiliating the former. That is the kind of politics played in PDP. It is about jaw-jaw and not war-war.

Once bitten, twice shy. If Tinubu is to come he will define his interest and his hold. The reason APC led by Buhari is doing is is simply because of this "northern supremacy" that some of them have. In PDP there is no northern supremacy even among northern members.
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Achorise: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
devilson:
tinubu is an asset every party would like to av.forget all this fashola,fayemi,ajimobi nd amosun,tinubu has the support of s.west nd pdp belongs to everybody
If Tinibu is an asset, he should be sold, Nigeria is broke, Nigeria needs money.
Buhari is selling all National Assets and Tinibu is one. grin
devilson:
tinubu is an asset every party would like to av.forget all this fashola,fayemi,ajimobi nd amosun,tinubu has the support of s.west nd pdp belongs to everybody
If Tinibu is an asset, he should be sold, Nigeria is broke, Nigeria needs money.
Buhari is selling all National Assets and Tinibu is one.

1 Like

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Pr0gressive01(m): 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I don't even understand you. Is the Abuja APC fighting Tinubu to protect the interest of the SS or SE? What concerns the SS and SE in this BTW? this is politics, forces aligns and realigns.

As far as I know, Buhari is very unpopular in SE and SS(though not hated), and being PDP stronghold, Tinubu's ACN bloc that controls SW and Benue state can forge a working partnership to face Buhari's group in 2019.

The truth is that tinubu cannot do much without the support of the SE/SS.

His power ends in SW politics and even there, the APC is raising forces against him. In the north, there is very little tinubu can do to weaken Buhari's influnce.

The truth is that tinubu might be politically finished; he is effectively hemmed in.

He made the SE/SS his enemy and the north don't have time for any yoruba man, all they want is their sai baba.

Tinubu is left with only his lackeys in SW like aresa and others. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Goke7: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
Achorise:
Buhari is selling all National Assets and Tinibu is one. ;DIf Tinibu is an asset, he should be sold, Nigeria is broke, Nigeria needs money.
Buhari is selling all National Assets and Tinibu is one.

chai OMG grin
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by DanielPop(m): 1:59pm On Sep 27, 2016
Battle field strategies sound like fairy tales to children...so humor them! grin Yes bro, I am. My name is Richard Akintola Mokeme!
Goke7:

I hope you are in our nollywood industry, if not you are wasting your talent here on nairaland which can make Nigerian economy not get out of recession on time. grin
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Goke7: 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
Pr0gressive01:

The truth is that tinubu cannot do much without the support of the SE/SS.

His power ends in SW politics and even there, the APC is raising forces against him. In the north, there is very little tinubu can do to weaken Buhari's influnce.

The truth is that tinubu might be politically finished; he is effectively hemmed in.

He made the SE/SS his enemy and the north don't have time for any yoruba man, all they want is their sai baba.

Tinubu is left with only his lackeys in SW like aresa and others. cheesy cheesy

LAGOS the 5th or 6th largest african economy is enough for the Jagaban, what is in the north that tinubu is looking for? It is the SS and SE that needs tinubu more in 2019 to get enough votes for their pdp vice presidential candidate.
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Bizibi(m): 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
Softmeat:
A golden opportunity for SS & SE to form a new alliance and end the North's divide and rule method
north will still come again at the top,it all depends on the best person we choose.
A new political party is coming soon,everyone I have to play their cards well for the benefit of the two regions.....
Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Firefire(m): 2:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
plaetton:
Every one is expressing surprise and disappointment at the unravelling of APC, and I marvel at how naive people really are.
Daahhhh!
Was Tinubu so blind by ambition that he didn't see it coming? That would mean that he is not as smart as we give him credit for.

History always repeats itself, and those who ignore the lessons of history are condemned to repeat it's mistakes.

No one should have any pity for Tinubu. This is the reward for his crass opportunitism.

For those who are unable to read tea leaves and body language,This is just the beginning of the inevitable implosion of the APC.

I predict that Tinubu will turn his media Piranhas against the regime, and in text book fashion, the reactionary regime, like a wounded tiger, would unleash it's own dogs on the offensive.

It will be back to the Abacha era atmosphere . With widespread hunger in the land, citizens, just like in the era, lwoul be wearing Buhari badges to identity the loyalty of their stomach infrastructure.

Thank you for this post.

Oro awon agba ni, bi o ba se lowuro, bo pe titi ase lo jo aale.

Cc:
Anonimi
Ajebuter
Ajepako

E mo lu tu pebe, mo ri emo lo de, mo ri ori ologbo laate. grin cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by lastpage: 2:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
[s]On Saturday, September 24, 2016, I wrote a piece on this platform titled APC Humiliation: Time For Jagaban Bola Ahmed Tinubu To Consider PDP. In the piece, I made a passionate case for the leader of Ruling All Progressive Congress to switch over to the Umbrella side of the political divide after seeing the humiliation meted to his loyalists orchestrated by those that once benefited from his political benevolence in order to disgrace him. The most recent being the sham of Ondo APC governorship primary and the rejection of the APC Appeal Tribunal recommendation by the National Chairman of the party despite majority members of the National Working Committee present at the deliberation insisting on upholding the position of the Appeal tribunal. Barely 24 hours after the piece, His Excellency Asiwaju (Senator) Bola Ahmed Tinubu made a strong but patriotic call for his party's National Chairman to do the honorable thing by resigning.

To some people, Asiwaju Tinubu deserves whatever ill-treatment is coming his way simply because "he is too powerful as an individual" or "he should be tamed by fire by force". However, these individuals forget that power comes from God, and in any society, there will always be powerful citizens whose acquisition of power and influence could be attributed to factors such as show of benevolence, performance while in public office, intelligence, charisma or any other reasons. While it is no crime taming powerful individuals in society, such must be done according to laws, statutes and precepts of the society concerned.

In the Tinubu case, his acquisition of power was not due to sheer luck or something he attained overnight. For those that may not be aware, prior to 1999, Bola Tinubu was elected into the Senate to represent Lagos West Senatorial district in the Red Chamber in 1992 in the defunct Third Republic. After the June 12, 1993 Presidential election annulment which was arguably won by late businessman Chief MKO Abiola, Bola Tinubu along with other patriots formed the National Democratic Coalition(NADECO) to seek the restoration of Abiola's mandate that was freely given him by the Nigeria electorates. The struggle for the restoration led Asiwaju to flee to London in 1994 where he stayed on exile until 1998 after the death of Abacha and during the transition period that led to the fourth Republic which began in 1999. Tinubu stood for a cause even at a period when many politicians found it convenient to wine and dine with the military in order to satisfy the voices of both the stomach and pocket.

In 1998 Tinubu was elected Governor under Alliance for Democracy platform, the crises in AD led his faction to form the Action Congress of Nigeria. As the only AD/AC Governor between 2003 and 2007, Tinubu's performance was second to none, and he deployed his protege and exWorks Commissioner to Osun in 2007 where he defeated incumbent Olagunsoye Oyinlola. He also held his grip in Lagos by ensuring the victory of another protege Raji Fashola. Not forgeting the role and support he played to Comrade Adams Oshiomole of Edo and Rahman Mimiko (legal assistance) the Labour candidate in Ondo in 2007, ALL became successful. Not even the exit of strongman Atiku Abubakar from the ACN in 2010 deterred Jagaban, he went ahead to do a clean sweep of SW in 2011 with exception of Ondo state.

During the merger that formed APC, political observers would agree that the ACN bloc controlled by Tinubu brought more to the table more than the Buhari CPC bloc(which had only a poor Nasarawa state) and Modu Sheriff controlled ANPP bloc which had only Borno and Zamfara states. Yet, Tinubu allowed the CPC bloc to produce the Presidential Aspirant, while settling for a VP aspirant despite being the major contributor to the merger. It is a fact that without the ACN bloc, the CPC or CPC/ANPP wouldn't have won the Presidential election of 2015.

However, is is a shame that members of the CPC bloc led by President Buhari's men in connivance with the ANPP group(Oyegun) and ungrateful former beneficiaries of Tinubu's political magnanimity who are not politically relevant in their states in Southwest are out to humiliate and frustrate the man whom God used to shoot them to power through undemocratic and illegal means. For instance, APC Chairman John Oyegun has been in ANPP but has never won his polling booth in Edo state not to talk of producing Governor, Raji Fashola could not deliver his choice candidate in a free and fair APC Governorship primary in December 2014 despite being an incumbent, Kayode Fayemi could not win even his LGA in Ekiti state in his failed 2014 reelection bid despite enjoying incumbency, losing to Fayose in an historic 16-0, Amosun contested for Governor in 2007 under ANPP but was defeated by PDP Gbenga Daniel, it took his defection to ACN and adoption by Tinubu for him to win in 2011. The case is same with Ajimobi of Oyo state. Even President Buhari, despite his alleged popularity in the North has never delivered any Governor in his Katsina state nor his Kaduna political front prior to 2015. In fact, he has NEVER defeated any Northern Presidential candidate in Katsina state. Meanwhile, Tinubu has 100% record in delivering his candidates in Lagos state guber since 1999.

None of these people can stand shoulder to shoulder politically with Senator Jagaban Bola Ahmed Tinubu, none of these men enjoy the popular support Tinubu enjoys. They couldn't even defeat his preferred candidate Mr. Segun Abraham in Ondo APC Governorship Primary but had to manipulate delegate list. Despite the manipulation, Akeredolu only won by slim margin. To show the popularity and acceptance of Tinubu. They are scared of conducting a rerun because the are aware that a rerun will deal a fatal blow on them in favor of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu candidate Mr Segun Abraham.

Though I am neither a member nor sympathiser of the ruling All Progressive Congress, I see an opportunity for patriotic Nigerians irrespective of party to take a position that insists on justice and sanity in our political environment, especially internal democracy within our parties. We are in a country where injustice has been tolerated for long and accepted as norm especially when victims of the injustice are not on our personal or political good books, this acceptance of undemocratic values has to be kicked out if we must sanitise of country and political space.

Like I submitted earlier, those against Bola Tinubu and want to bring him down must follow the accepted and democratic path otherwise, they are on a wild goose chase. Tinubu rose to the height that he is through consistent hardwork and mercies of the Almighty God, those that wishes to humiliate him must do so through hardwork and hoping for God's mercy. Anything short of that is an exercise in futility.

Finally, I reiterate my call for Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu to consider quitting the undemocratic and false progressive APC, and join hands with the PDP to help build a better country when power changes hands in 2019. [/s]

You are double-mouthed, hypocritical "AGIP" SNAKE!
I dont even want to go into the play of debunking all the "half-truths mixed with concoted conclusions" that you put up there!
Stop regurgitating irrelevant issues

Leave APC and Jagaban alone, go and resolve the sham that your PDP faction have turned to.

And stop switching from Barcanista, to Tonye Barcanista, at will.
We have seen enough of your flip-flops. ZERO CRDIBILITY...absolute Zilch!!
Infact, you are begining to sound like Dele Momodu ..."relevance by-fire, by-force!
angry angry undecided

Lastpage!

5 Likes

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by teepain: 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Ogas, nobody owe Jonathan or the South any apology for 2015. Politics was played and a particular people won, while others lost. Losers must move on and plan for next election while winners must be prepared to face the next battle.

PDP vs APC in 2015 has nothing to do with north vs south. Both are pan-Nigeria parties.

TonyeBarcanista, this is about the best post of yours that I have read. People often forget that we can disagree to agree. On both sides of the divide, people exercised their inalienable rights to vote for candidates of their choice in the last elections, I wonder why some people feel that everybody should have voted for their candidate(s).

Have they forgotten that those who didn't vote for their candidates today may vote for their candidate(s) tomorrow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by SycophanticGoat: 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
plaetton:
Daahhhh!

Massacre!!!

All Theifingbu ass-kissers won't like this... grin

1 Like

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nice one Tonye. Tinubu is blessed and is normal to have people around envy him but nonetheless I would prefer a situation whereby this crisis will bring about SE-SW-SS alignment for the first time in history because the North conservativeness has been the major problem. For instance, on the issue of fiscal federalism they have been dead silent, maybe Tinubu would have used the leadership of the legislative arms of govt to propagate such ideal but he didn't win, now the present leadership of NASS don't even want to tinker with it and then we ask ourselves how then shall we progress with the system as it stands, how are we going to provide solutions to challenges like insecurity (state police), resources control (fiscal federalism), marginalisation, economic diversification etc, In as much as I don't want to be seen as a tribalist the reality is just so glaring, why will the North want a separate law in sharia but want a common source of revenue, he(Buhari) rode to power with our ideas and support but will not want to include such ideas in his government, I think something is wrong with the Abuja block but not Tinubu. Bring back our ACN is not too late.

1 Like

Re: POLITICS OF BETRAYAL: The Unfair Criticism And Treatment Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu by ipledge10(m): 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

this guy can sell Nigeria. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu Is One Of The Poorest States In Nigeria. / Niger State Youths Destroy Political Banners: 'We Have Not Seen Any Change' / Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.