Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG (1243 Views)

Ortom Faults Buhari’s Letter To Senate, Tells IG To Resign If Overwhelmed / I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers / Calabar rail:We Won’t Revisit Project, Senate Tells Buhari As FG Defends Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by deantimes(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
THE Nigerian Senate on Tuesday told the Federal Government that no asset of Nigeria should be sold in the bid to tackle the economic recession facing the country.

This was one of the resolutions of the Red Chamber sequel to the consideration of the motion on how to tackle the country’s economic crisis.

The National Economic Council, chaired by the Vice President and made up of the Governors of the 36 States and the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, had last week resolved that some of the country’s assets be sold to tackle the present economic recession.

The move was also supported by the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki.

It was first mooted by billionaire businessman, Aliko Dangote.

But the Senate on Tuesday resolved that none of the country’s assets should be sold.

Among those proposed for sale are the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Limited and refineries.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/you-cant-sell-nigerias-national-assets-senate-tells-fg/

Lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by thesicilian: 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
Thank Goodness the Senate did not cower under the fear of Buhari on this issue.

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by simpleseyi: 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
deantimes:

The National Economic Council, chaired by the Vice President and made up of the Governors of the 36 States and the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, had last week resolved that some of the country’s assets be sold to tackle the present economic recession.

The move was also supported by the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki.

It was first mooted by billionaire businessman, Aliko Dangote.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/you-cant-sell-nigerias-national-assets-senate-tells-fg/

Lalasticlala, mynd44

The Senate is saying that both the thieving Senate President and the greedy Aliko Dangote are drunk and stupid. I support them on this.
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by Danosky502: 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
issorait

more

space booked

k
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by OlujobaSamuel: 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
i no understand abeg, tot na dis same house led by their saraki talk sey make dem sell?
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by Goke7: 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
i no understand abeg, tot na dis same house led by their saraki talk sey make dem sell?

they need to be in the good books of Nigerians for now

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by mazimee(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
Our textile mills fabric, tourism and many other sectors that can generate revenue has been abandoned and neglected. Yet they want to sell off the ones that are still functioning. What happens to reviving the fallen ones

This is the most clueless government that have seen in my lifetime.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by DLuciano: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
thesicilian:
Thank Goodness the Senate did not cower under the fear of Buhari on this issue.

Shame to Saraki who is trying to do everything to please Buhari even though he knows its wrong.

He is trying to dance to Buhari's side to drop all the criminal charges leveled against him.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by jmichlins(m): 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
what's the position of PDP as the main opposition party of this nation said about this or they are still supporting Patience Jonathan. It's time for Kowanigeria to rise up and stand with the masses against this government so we can stand for them during election. APC would have made a mess of the ruling party by now with Lai releasing statement on hourly bases against it
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by deantimes(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
H
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by wayaa007(m): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2016
PDP ===== STUPID
APC ===== More stupid
Ifeanyi Uba proposed an idea for ending this dollar mess, the idea was swept under the carpet.
Dangote suggests Nigeria sell it's Profitable assets, to faceless Chinese investors (who i won't be surprised are fronts for Nigeria's elites), and his 'aboubakau' starts singing it as a song in the red chambers, without even thinking of the implications.
Mr SP, Nigerian assets are not the Societe Generale bank your family ran to the ground, find another thing to sell, for a start you can sell ASO ROCK, sell more than half of the presidential Fleet, Rent the Senate building, this assets are non profitable assets, they cost tax payers too much money in maintaining, with little positive outcome.

In other news
I am developing a device that will slap anybody that supports Nigerian Polithievicians. Once it's compete, i will test in on Nairaland angry angry angry angry . It will slap sense into Zombies, Ipod youths, and Wailers
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by thesicilian: 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
DLuciano:

Shame to Saraki who is trying to do everything to please Buhari even though he knows its wrong.

He is trying to dance to Buhari's side to drop all the criminal charges leveled against him.
But in this case he stood up to Buhari. So I wonder why you're still shaming him?
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by fairplay90(m): 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
better
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by HHANDM: 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
Interesting development.

Let's see how this play out..Nigerians/NASS v FG/Economic team/Dangote &co.
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by Eazybay(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Wea are the #occupyNass, #undressNass, #sackSaraki crew, I thought NASS was our problem. According to PMB
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by Vicadonis(m): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
I don't like the Nigerian Senate, but thumbs up to them for this
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by Kingsley1000(m): 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
since the assets are there lying docile,they should dispose it,use the money for other vital infrastructures like power
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by Splashme: 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
fr
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by Splashme: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
Buhari is a massive disgrace to Nigeria.

First, he wanted to secretly sponsor a so-called "special powers to tackle economy"
that allows him sell these assets using executive fiat, but it backfired!

He then tried to use Dangote and other agents to do it but thanks to Senate.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by DLondonboiy: 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
Splashme:

Buhari is a massive disgrace to Nigeria.

First, he wanted to secretly sponsor a so-called "special powers to tackle economy"
that allows him sell these assets using executive fiat, but it backfired!

He then tried to use Dangote and other agents to do it but thanks to Senate.

By the time buhari is through with Nigerians...our eyes go clear..

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by ElsonMorali: 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
Well they better come up with a solution fast. I'd rather go for public-private-partnership in handling these assets most of which are redundant and under a productive.

The government cannot run the country on sand and stones and since we all are comfortable with the slow pace our courts are moving there doesn't seem to be any hope of recovering stolen assets to fund this year's budget.

These same silly senators have refused to take a pay cut. Awon werey.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by Splashme: 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
I feel very ashamed of my country Nigeria, honestly
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by Fidelismaria: 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
grin

I dey laff @dangote rite now

I must say dis is d only good news av heard in a while
Re: You Can’t Sell Nigeria’s National assets, Senate Tells FG by unclejb2(m): 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
If Buhari wants to sell anything, he should sell Ajeokuta Steel Complex, National Assembly Complex, Federal Secretariat, Aso Rock Villa, National Theatre, 3rd Mainland Bridge, Ota farms, Cannan Land, National Mosque, Supreme Court Complex, Bullet House, etc.

By the time he is done with these and the funds are not enough, he can add his 150 cows

(1) (Reply)

We Found $2million In One Of The Judges’ Houses Raided, They're All Corrupt -DSS / My Racism Experience in UK (hilarious) / Sokoto, Niger & Katsina State Govs Storm Imo For Acho Ihim (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.