Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You (5876 Views)

Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. / Children Welcome President Buhari To Niger Republic In Style (photo) / Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by SapeleGuy: 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2009
Thank you, dishonourable speaker of the house of misrepresentation. Can someone remind him about the N2.3 billion car fraud that was uncovered by Festus Kayamo.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by becomrich15: 3:32am On Oct 16, 2009
Ijaw                     English         Kalabari

fagha                   endless                    kunoma   2. kunomaye

famuye          gun                   alagba 

fanu           fence            onu

gaan           light                1. tonjo   2. bele    1. fekefeke   2. iku-a

gba           tell/speak                        1.  ekwen  2. (ama bibi) fie   3. duko

gba           obey; obedient                     bibipoki

gbasa           finger                             bara-tungbali

gesi           truth                            minini 

ibasa       good morning; salutation                   baa-te    sin-bibi

abalabala               butterfly         aparimagogo

abidai          yesterday       biein
Abidi          aligator       sibiri
Ade or adi       face          torukubu 1. daa 2. (tombo) t'roko sie 3. diki
Adeein          tsetse fly       oruein
Adein          knife          Ogiye
Adodo          heart          Biobengbo or biongbo
Aduwon       wave          Onungo or Bara fenguma

baun      run         mangi or sikiri
bolou      beginning      1. saki 2. kiri-oki

ben gbai    today         1. mimgbaa 2. mi-saki-be
beni       water         minji
berebe      plantain

beseri      forever         gbamaso
bibe      evening         bobiri
Bina      relation      minabo
Bina owei   Brother         awo 2. mbire 3. inumbire   
Bina rai   Sisiter         mbira

Dada      papa         dabo
Dadi      test       daa-diki
Dan      long or tall      alama ◘ adj : nangwo or gele or opiororo

Dau      father       dabo
Dodo      cold         oboku

baun      run         mangi or  sikiri
bolou      beginning      1. saki     2. kiri-oki

ben gbai    today         1. mimgbaa   2. mi-saki-be
beni       water         minji
berebe      plantain

beseri      forever         gbamaso
bibe      evening         bobiri
Bina      relation      minabo
Bina owei   Brother         awo  2. mbire  3. inumbire   
Bina rai   Sisiter         mbira

Dada      papa         dabo
Dadi      test             daa-diki
Dan      long or tall      alama   ◘ adj : nangwo  or  gele or opiororo

Dau      father         dabo
Dodo      cold         oboku

Kai n Lock      ikpopu               2. gbain 

kakii v.i hesitate           saka-fama 
kala adj small

kamayefa adj anxious     1. biosese  1. bala-bala

kara adj correct         krakra
Kari Pray           teke

karibo adj high priest            agba-dabo

kene  one        gboru    2       tombo

kiribou noun farm    duwo     or dibi
kiriekpe noun the chin

Kokopoli n Parrot      1. se-belemabo   2. Amina-see-belemabo
Kon n Neck         kongo

labaiya wo ari yoo interj. goodbye!            dein na!

lala noun swamp; marsh               bu

lelee  language      1. bele   2. bibi

mbau n.f daughter          erebo tubo 

mbẹliye noun a plane     so’nwiaru
mbirei noun brother    minapu

Meleye n tongue            bele    2. ekwen-bibi
nai adj near; near                  1. kpeki   2. kpeki-anga   3. alaa   4. kịka 

nanaarau  mistress; lady                            erebo

nou  nail               1. mgbọ  2. imime  3. ọgụba   ◘ vb: bakụ
nou  neddle             laga

obudou n.pl mud                1. lịka 2. abaịn

Obuno n Bed            1. ibila 2. monoye 3. tanda

Odidi noun Cold                 oboku

odon adj yellow                      epe

odu noun cocoyam                 iku

paamu  go out                      so

palii v.adj be tight; close                  : 1. gbaịn 2. kpesima ◘ adj : kpeki

patu adj naked; nude             pawụ

pẹrẹ noun king                amadabọ

pẹrẹ-kasi noun throne                emine
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by davidif: 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2009
"For some of you who have been to Lagos in the past one year, I’m sure you’ll notice the difference. And I’m not shy to appreciate that there is a difference in Lagos. It’s good governance.

"Like I said, there are differences in Nigerian government today. But I’ll tell you, His Excellency, the governor of Bayelsa State collects 9.2 times more money than Lagos State from the Federal Allocation. That’s a recent development. Don’t compare it with 20 years ago.

"I know that Rivers State collects more money than the entire North Eastern part of Nigeria, today. I know that Akwa Ibom State collects more money than the entire North Western part of Nigeria today. I know that Bayelsa State collets more money than the entire North Central states of Nigeria…

"Nigeria’s budget for this year was around N3trillion. However, by the time you add the budget of the Niger Delta states alone, it is over N1.5trillion. There are may be over 140 to 150milion people in Nigeria. Niger Delta as about 17million; the remaining 130million is outside the Niger Delta.

Great point. All this people shout is resource control when they get a huge majority of Nigeria's oil wealth. Can somebody tell me what the likes of Ibori, Amaechi, Victor Attah, Alams and Odilli did with our money? Now they are shouting resource control. Resource control ko, resource control ni.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Nezan(m): 2:59pm On Oct 16, 2009
What is becomrich trying to post? spam?
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Ibime(m): 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2009
As speaker of the house, Bankole has the power to pass the laws to fight the corruption which plagues us both inside and outside the Niger-Delta. Therefore the failure of "Niger-Delta leaders" is the failure of Bankole.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by KnowAll(m): 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2009
For some of you who have been to Lagos in the past one year, I’m sure you’ll notice the difference. And I’m not shy to appreciate that there is a difference in Lagos. It’s good governance.

The above statement does it not show there is dissent in PDP, a PDP Speaker criticising a PDP Governor, meanwhile praising an AC Governor. I thought Party Politics is about protecting each other, in other climes u will not catch Labour MPs praising Conservative or Republicans doing the same to Democrats.

All those fools in PDP should leave that fold and follow their hearts desire; I think it is not all about Party Politics anymore it is about human greed.

Statements like this even though it is good to make those kleptomaniacs in the South-South to sit up speaks volumes, and gives us a hint that all is not well within the ranks of the PDP.

If Dimeji believes in AC why dosen’t he declare it publicly rather having a swipe at one of its own.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2009
[size=20pt]BANK OLE (BANK THIEF) IS CORRECT.

IF THEY LOOT 100% OF THE 13% DERIVATION, THE WILL LOOT 101% OF A 100% DERIVATION[/size]
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2009
dappssee:

[size=20pt]BANK OLE (BANK THIEF) IS CORRECT.

IF THEY LOOT 100% OF THE 13% DERIVATION, THE WILL LOOT 101% OF A 100% DERIVATION[/size]

. . . then Bankole and the FG will protect them from being prosecuted.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by smoothine: 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2009
Whether bankole is a liar or whatever you all said ,the guy has spoken the truth and i support him.When alams was stealing money from the people ,what did the so called militant do? nothing.when sylvia of bayelsa was boasting to CNN about the government house i am sure the bayelsans were praising him that they also have a white house in bayelsa meanwhile there is no potable water in bayelsa and the govt house has a fountain.
When odili was spending and spending billions on his power project ,what did the people of rivers do.they were hailing him for wasting their money .at the end of the day ,there is still no electricity in rivers state.
Tell me who is fooling who.The militants should form themselves into groups to ensure that their governors spend govt money for the good of all ND .not to always accuse FG of neglect.Which part of nigeria has not been neglected by FG .ALL THE FEDERAL ROADS IN LAGOS ARE IN A BAD SHAPE.so is that not neglect but at least the state govt is movin on to upgrade major facilities.
ND leaders are lazy intellectually thats why they cannot draw a regional blueprint and ask world bank ,corporate bodies to assist in implementing this .
I am really pissed at them .ND should be like houston .but what do you have bullshit evrybody passing bulk.forget the past .what has happened in the past has happend .Move on to the future
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by desthan(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2009
Nezan:

What is becomrich trying to post? spam?

grin grin grin grin that guy is hell bent in dividing this our gr8 country, pls lets all give him a chance grin grin grin grin

@post

Bankole, Shut your trap, Solution: Remove the damn immunity clause, period
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Utaroz(m): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2009
The post appeared meaningful for an interesting discourse but there are lots of sentiments at play here!  undecided

Obviously there are lots of pent up grievances and most national issues are viewed from ethnic prisms. Hardly a symptom of recovery for a nation desperate for a life-line!

Which Way Nigeria?
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
desthan:

Bankole, Shut your trap, Solution: Remove the damn immunity clause, period

Not necessary.

The lasting solution is for the FG to start prosecuting Ibori, Odili, Attah etc and see if Silva and co wont sit up.
Imagine Igbenedion being fined 3 million naira after all the billions he stole? So, why wont Imoke and co embezzle their state fund with impunity?
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by ehie007(m): 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
He has some sense there, the money ibori, odili, lucky, stole can turn those states into a similar abuja,

i am a nigerdeltan, though the federal govt has to be blamed but the major blames should go to the governors of the states, they steal the money giving to them to develop their states, the federal govt cannot come and develop the stated, its for the govs to do,

i tire for this country,
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2009
These people never let up. First it was MEND fighting corruption now it is Bankole's fault that Niger-Deltans are corrupt?? [size=14pt]ROFLMAO[/size]!!! Isn't Aaondoka a Niger-deltan?? lol Why isn't he standing up for his BELOVED people
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by llade(m): 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2009
I agree with the speaker of the house of representatives because charity begins at home. It is high time the niger delta governors gave account of what they have received from the allocations given to them by the federal government so far because they can make a huge impact from the funds they receive currently if they are sincere about developing the region and ameliorating the lots of the people.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

These people never let up. First it was MEND fighting corruption now it is Bankole's fault that Niger-Deltans are corrupt?? [size=14pt]ROFLMAO!!! Isn't Aaondoka a Niger-deltan??[/size] lol Why isn't he standing up for his BELOVED people

Aaondoka a Niger-deltan!!!!

All kinds of ignorant people bubble up once the words "Niger Delta" are mentioned.

Damn

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by ocelot2006(m): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2009
VERY GOOD!!!!IT IS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE SPOKE THE COLD HARD TRUTH!! Everyone's so eager to blame the FG, but what have the State governors and LG Chairmen of Niger-Delta states done with the funds given to them? Look at the idiot in Bayelsa state. Rather than build more roads, schools, hospitals, etc, he went ahead to build a bloody mansion. Seriously WTF  angry ?!!
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2009
I always thought the AGF was from Benue, didnt know he was a Niger Deltan. Or, is Benue now in Niger delta, abi we are just out to rubbish that region at all cost?
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2009
Beaf:

Aaondoka a Niger-deltan!!!!

All kinds of ignorant people bubble up once the words "Niger Delta" are mentioned.

Damn

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

He is not? OK, my mistake. Pray tell, where is the man from? Is the VICE PRESIDENT not a Niger Deltan? If yes, why is he not standing up for his BELOVED people ?
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Homonide: 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2009
I wonder why nairalanders always drift from the issue, nobody is saying the Speaker is a saint, but he has raised a very important issue. I think it's time

Niger delta people start asking their leaders how their monies have been spent. mangana yakare.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Jaybee2412(m): 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2009
Is n't he right? I think Bankole is a brave man to tell it to their face that the Niger Delta nee to do more for their people rather than wasting their allocations on unnecessary projects that are of no use to the people.
Click on this link and see how wasteful and stupid some Governors could be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslTiMDZcOA
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2009
Homonide:

I wonder why nairalanders always drift from the issue, nobody is saying the Speaker is a saint, but he has raised a very important issue. I think it's time

Niger delta people start asking their leaders how their monies have been spent. mangana yakare.

Actually, a lot of us have been saying the same for years now on this issue. SOME Niger Deltans seems to turn a blind eye to the fact that their own government is deep involved in stealing from the very people they claim to protect, even with the huge sums allocated to these regions each month.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by folem: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
State Govt Details

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/FAAC/CurrentFaacDetail/State_goverment_detail.pdf

Lagos State received N5,655,413,238.71 in Sept 2009 while Bayelsa Stare received N4,400,100,890.60 (Lagos got in N77,791,328,395.29 total allocation in the year 2008, with Bayelsa getting N116,447,440,535.55)

Local Govt Details

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/FAAC/CurrentFaacDetail/Local_goverment_detail.pdf

2008 TOTAL Summary

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/faacsummary2008.pdf

Lagos State monthly I.G.R is over N14 Billion while Bayelsa State is around N3 Billion.

Lagos State has population of 9,013,534 while Bayelsa has 1,703,358.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/Connections/Pop2006.pdf
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2009
[size=13pt][table]
[tr]
[td] State [/td] [td]Population[/td] [td]Annual Allocation [/td] [/tr]
[tr]
[td] Lagos [/td][td] 9,013,534 [/td][td] N77,791,328,395.29 [/td] [/tr]
[tr] [td] Bayelsa [/td] [td] 1,703,358 [/td] [td] N116,447,440,535.55 [/td][/tr]
[/table][/size]
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2009
folem:

State Govt Details

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/FAAC/CurrentFaacDetail/State_goverment_detail.pdf

Lagos State received N5,655,413,238.71 in Sept 2009 while Bayelsa Stare received N4,400,100,890.60 (Lagos got in N77,791,328,395.29 total allocation in the year 2008, with Bayelsa getting N116,447,440,535.55)

Local Govt Details

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/FAAC/CurrentFaacDetail/Local_goverment_detail.pdf

2008 TOTAL Summary

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/faacsummary2008.pdf

Lagos State monthly I.G.R is over N14 Billion while Bayelsa State is around N3 Billion.

Lagos State has population of 9,013,534 while Bayelsa has 1,703,358.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/Connections/Pop2006.pdf

Why is Lagos state getting money from the Niger Delta? Why? Nigeria no dey shame?
But this is the [size=14pt]vulture festival[/size], isnt it?

People who can't produce anything want to suck the blood of the ND like slavers. No shame that your areas produce zero for the country.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Jaybee2412(m): 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2009
@ Beaf
Why is Lagos state getting money from the Niger Delta? Why? Nigeria no dey shame?
But this is the vulture festival, isnt it?

People who can't produce anything want to suck the blood of the ND like slavers. No shame that your areas produce zero for the country.

What a foolish assertion, So Niger Delta is no longer part of Nigeria, remember no man is an island of his own, except the selfish people like you. So Nger Delta is not getting anything from other parts of Nigeria. Do you remember that oil is not going to last forever.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by folem: 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2009
Beaf:

N3,455,326,901.59 was the VAT revenue to Lagos State in Sept 2009.

N32,165,201,389.75 was the VAT revenue to Lagos State in 2008.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2009
Beaf:

Who told you Lagos do not produce anything for the country/
Are yu aware of how much Lagos is making for the nation in term of port duties, in term of money collect at airports as landing fees, do you know much they could be making from taxes and all that?
I think u just assume that as long as it is not Oil, nothing can be contributed and you wrong sir.
I give credit to N-Delta, however, let us not be biased
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2009
folem:

N3,455,326,901.59 was the VAT revenue to Lagos State in Sept 2009.

N32,165,201,389.75 was the VAT revenue to Lagos State in 2008.

Why did you forget the monthly contribution from Bayelsa, or you suddenly got tired of comparing? Na so e dey be for vulture festival sha!
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Fhemmmy

I get your point and I am 100% aware that Lagos generates useful revenue. Unfortunately, the vultures have made that state a reference point. . .
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
Jaybee2412:

@ Beaf

What a foolish assertion, So Niger Delta is no longer part of Nigeria, remember no man is an island of his own, except the selfish people like you. So Nger Delta is not getting anything from other parts of Nigeria. Do you remember that oil is not going to last forever.

Na so [size=14pt]vulture festival[/size] dey sweet. Everybody can talk rubbish.

What does your state provide Nigeria again? Abi na one way? Haters!
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Abuzola(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2009
I watched Bankole's making the speech live and when he was applauded he caution the audience that 'by the time the media publish it they will know' jokingly shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Navy Rescues Hijacked Singapore-owned Oil Tanker / Aguleri Is The Ancestral Home Of The Igbos, Not Nri - Daily Sun, July 15, 2014 / List Of Performing Governors Of Eastern Nigeria At The Moment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.