Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,374 members, 7,958,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:56 AM

Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) (15184 Views)

Dismissed Exxonmobil Staff Protest Non-Payment Despite Supreme Court Judgement / Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers / 400 Disengaged Diamond Bank Staff Protest Non-payment Of Severanc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by rusher14: 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
oruma19:
Same problem with my company here in warri. 5 months no salary, 80% staff dropped with ridiculous "payoff" package being worked out. All personnels both the sacked and retained have been withdrawn from the rig and cheap labour is being used to run the jobs.union is right now picketing the company and there's so much hunger and confusion amongst staff. Buhari is not a sensitive leader. He has inflicted our land with hardship... It's a pity

Internationally, Oil companies are downsizing. This is not about the insensitivity of government.
Don't take my word for it.
Read about it.
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by Pidggin(f): 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
angry How many years will it take us to recover from this unfortunate situation Buhari has led us into
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by Bollinger(m): 10:20pm On Sep 28, 2016
Has it gotten this bad?
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by Ask4Info: 10:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
oruma19:
Same problem with my company here in warri. 5 months no salary, 80% staff dropped with ridiculous "payoff" package being worked out. All personnels both the sacked and retained have been withdrawn from the rig and cheap labour is being used to run the jobs.union is right now picketing the company and there's so much hunger and confusion amongst staff. Buhari is not a sensitive leader. He has inflicted our land with hardship... It's a pity

NA BUHARI MAKE OIL DROP TO $40 / BARREL? YOU ALL NEED TO START WATCHING FOREIGN NEWS AND BUSINESS STATIONS AS AGAINST THOSE UNEDUCATIVE THINGS YOU WATCH.

THIS IS A GLOBAL PROBLEM. COMPANIES ACROSS ALL SPHERES ARE DOWNSIZING.
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by yaksdavirus: 10:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
6 months! sell 6 planes and share the money
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by Urok: 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
Some of them don't deserve salaries when my ticket money is still with them, a whooping 69k for a to and fro ticket I bought. the most annoying of them is that I paid this money at the airport, just 3 hrs b4 I saw their closedown story on social media and d staff that attended to me that day couldn't say/advice dat dey were about to fold up. since then, av been going every week for my refund, but stories upon stories.
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by oluxy(m): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
The situation in Nigeria is so critical - only God should help.
My fellow compatriots; let in our secret be praying for nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by opribo(m): 12:11am On Sep 29, 2016
What a pity indeed, a whole Aero staff. The best way out of this type of mess in the future is self employment. Setup on something NOW before it gets to your own company, bankers, oil workers, telecomms be warned. Bubu is well known for making people poor, remember his ways in the past.

1 Like

Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by AreaFada2: 12:54am On Sep 29, 2016
Ask4Info:

NA BUHARI MAKE OIL DROP TO $40 / BARREL? YOU ALL NEED TO START WATCHING FOREIGN NEWS AND BUSINESS STATIONS AS AGAINST THOSE UNEDUCATIVE THINGS YOU WATCH.

THIS IS A GLOBAL PROBLEM. COMPANIES ACROSS ALL SPHERES ARE DOWNSIZING.

But part of Buhari's outrageous promises was to stabilise oil price in the world market.

People like me ridiculed it from the onset though. Plenty of "Sai Baba" brigade swallowed it it hook, line & sinker.
That was his promise, boasting how he had been oil minister already in the 1970s.
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by AreaFada2: 12:56am On Sep 29, 2016
oluxy:
The situation in Nigeria is so critical - only God should help.
My fellow compatriots; let in our secret be praying for nigeria.
True. People I have never known to complain of money before are seriously groaning. Very sad.
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by zumbigbo(m): 3:38am On Sep 29, 2016
Chai. Aero don turn to Cocaine Airlines

Any bad belle can now offer their staff 25K and the plane will carry anything. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Hope Boko and narco-traffickers never hear word.
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 29, 2016
Aero I pray you recover from this before I fly to Benin
Arik is too expensive, you guys have been my saving grace.
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by Zenlife: 7:09am On Sep 29, 2016
emmyclassic:
When they were all eating fat from management embezzlement them no remember to protest o..

Naturally, should they?
Whether in existence you know where or when people protest against what favors them?
If you do, kindly oblige NL and cite one.
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by Zenlife: 7:12am On Sep 29, 2016
RoyalMail:
This is according to an eye witness account. Aero staffs were seen protesting over non payment of salaries for over 6 months and also they were been suspended by the company. The workers storm their premises and stopped any plane from taking off. See more pictures below..

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/09/aero-airline-staffs-protest-at-mmia.html

Are the pilots paid?

Photo Credit: SDK
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by Zenlife: 7:13am On Sep 29, 2016
Are the pilots paid?
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 29, 2016
emmyclassic:
When they were all eating fat from management embezzlement them no remember to protest o..
Abi Ooooo
Make dem find seat siddon
Re: Aero Airline Staff Protest At MMIA, Lagos (photos) by Blackpromise(m): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2016
For your information aero workers are owed 3 months salaries and not 6 as started.( july- Sept).
A lot of people are ignorant of the inner workings of the airlines, so pls stop passing unpleasant comments about the hardworking and honest staff of aero contractors.
let me give you some info about true nature of things
1 . Are you aware of the amount and how the Mgt of the airline and AMCON reps stole money meant for aircraft parts and repairs.
2. Are you privy to amounts AMCON reps are payed,while staffs are denied their basic rights
3. Can you name one company AMCON took over and had successfully turned around. none.
Here we talking about an airline that has been existing for 59 yrs without blemish,and barely 5 yrs that AMCON took over, the fortune of the airline started nose diving due to the massive fraud perpetrated by AMCON.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? / 6 Things You Can Do To Ensure Your Day Is Productive / How To Build An International Career...step by step approach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.