Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

I Was Slapped By My Employer - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Was Slapped By My Employer (22665 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by jonahjegs(m): 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
People on NL are too blunt. Obviously this person is an emotional person that people find it easy to take advantage of. My advice for you is go and pack your things and leave that office, no need to beat the HM up.

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by MzPecs(f): 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
willibounce1:
Why not tell us what you did to the boy instead of this phucking story of getting slapped... from tone of your write up, I can tell you will be one very rude and razz girl.

This is how many young naija girls behave, when they do something stupid and get served, the run to the internet and start telling lies and playing the victim. Tell us wetin you do the boy. Them never slap you.. the hm suppose blow lik 3 teeth comot your mouth... why e be say na only girls dem dey slap for place of work? You no greet client because them correct you. Go open your own school na, make you see as e easy.
This is the simple truth I typed and some nairalanders wanna eat me raw.

I think you understand perfectly what goes around in private schools unlike some people here who don't know jack bout what goes around there and then come here and support the OP.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

LOL grin cheesy grin
I followed ur points, yes it's bad for d teacher to keep malice with parents, but how can u tel d Op to go apologise after bn slapped And said she deserves it? No matter how wrong the Op was, dt slap is an assault/battery which ever sad

The painful aspect is u're also a female, how would u feel if ur employer slap u even if u were at fault? Let's always try to empathise before we judge.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by MzPecs(f): 11:51pm On Sep 28, 2016
romeorails:

I followed ur points, yes it's bad for d teacher to keep malice with parents, but how can u tel d Op to go apologise after bn slapped And said she deserves it? No matter how wrong the Op was, dt slap is an assault/battery which ever sad

The painful aspect is u're also a female, how would u feel if ur employer slap u even if u were at fault? Let's always try to empathise before we judge.
I can't behave ill-mannered like she did especially in a school.

Let's just say she isn't lucky with the kinda HM she has!
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
Op its palpably clear that u were at fault as per Wt transpired btw u n d kid. If not, u won't kip it to urself n give us only the part that would make u the victim. How are we sure u ddnt even insult the HM or did some worse things u kept out of ur one sided story.

But in all, no matter what, she has no right to slap u on whatever grounds.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

well! u may not, but let's forget about wht she did now. I just want u to accept dt the HM crossed the rubicon by slapping her. Dt point is Wt u seem to see nothing wrong with, meaning u can do the same if in HM's shoes?

Not so

2 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by eyinjuege: 11:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:
You should have known that the mother of the child was warning you because of the incident you had with her child, what you should have done is to keep apologising no matter what rather you decided to keep malice with the mother of a child you teach at school. That's bad of you...

Don't you know your salary is being paid from the parents for your pupils, the slap is well deserved. Next time you learn good manners.

Revenge at your own risk! Go and apologise to your HM for being rude to a parent and stop acting RAZZ. undecided

Chai!!!! shocked
Slap is well deserved ke?
No one has the right to raise their hands against another. If it were to be saner climes, the headmistress and the school would have been in trouble, and would definitely pay compensation. She'll also probably lose her position as the headmistress sef.
Is it by force to greet someone?
Is she not teaching the child what she's supposed to in school? Was she victimising the said child? If the Hm wasn't happy with her conduct, she should have terminated her appointment or suspended her, but definitely not slap her.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Hawlahscho(m): 12:02am On Sep 29, 2016
telemapreye1:
Good evening nairalanders
I work with kids thou it's a part time job,..
To cut short the long story..i had an incident with one of the children I teach and her little brother of 6 was there with me..i never knew he told his mum
So the next day she brought them to school and started warning me"i was shocked thinking of what I did"and she refused to tell me what I did..i stopped greeting her since that day until today I and her had a disagreement so I argued and talk back at her cos she was very rude to me...
The HM called I and her into her office and allowed the woman explain her own part and didn't even bother to hear mine,the next thing I felt a sting on my cheeks(The hm slaped me)i was so embarrassed to the extent that I cried for two hours
I got home and told my friend about it so she said she will helped me arrange some guys to beat her up but am scared,i don't want to hurt her but my heart needs revenge
Shld I forget about or revenge?

But I don't blame her i blame death...

Oh!
Touching!!
Dear, I can feel your pain from my imagination and I must say it was not a pleasant experience but that's not to be discussed now.

Abt revenge, if I were you I would forget it and leave her sch without any harm in any way.
I know how difficult that can seem due to how heartbroken and cheated-on you feel but I advise, dont harm her in any form pls.

I suggest leaving her a message/letter to express exactly how you feel (WITHOUT ANY IOTA OF ABUSIVE STATEMENT. NOT EVEN IRONICALLY OR SARCASTICALLY) is a good idea

Then quit her job to avoid enslavement. Remember: challenges seem harder towards ending, maybe that's d circumstance that'll take you to your promise land.

It is well with you my sister.

Ma ronu mo o,
tujuka it's for a while grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Inteldeji: 12:06am On Sep 29, 2016
In the first place you should have pacified the parent without allowing the matter to degenerate into malice. However, the HM shouldn't have slapped you dat was totally wrong and i am vexed if nah me I go slap my own back with so much venom how I go take cry for dat kain matter.

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by AbiolaEsq(f): 12:11am On Sep 29, 2016
Sue the HM. I'm a lawyer. I can help you at little cost.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by hardbody: 12:24am On Sep 29, 2016
An0nimus:

I don't know about others, but this text's colour is a huge turnoff.

I mean no offence but i never attempt reading her posts

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by amuokuko: 12:24am On Sep 29, 2016
OP, u try oooooo..

Apart from Military men, armed person, no one would slap me without getting it back in double..

Even my MD, pastor would get it double.
Ordinary insult moves my knuckles talkless a slap..

OP, since u need that job badly, ignore the revenge but start looking for another job cous u re on ur way out soon.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by exhibit7432(m): 12:33am On Sep 29, 2016
Oboy. .do whatever you will. ..but let it not get you sacked oh. ..economy hard Now shocked
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by lastpage: 12:39am On Sep 29, 2016
telemapreye1:
To cut short the long story..i had an incident with one of the children I teach and her little brother of 6 was there with me..i never knew he told his mum
So the next day she brought them to school and started warning me"i was shocked thinking of what I did"and she refused to tell me what I did..i stopped greeting her since that day until today I and her had a disagreement so I argued and talk back at her cos she was very rude to me...
The HM called I and her into her office and allowed the woman explain her own part and didn't even bother to hear mine,the next thing I felt a sting on my cheeks(The hm slaped me)i was so embarrassed to the extent that I cried for two hours
I got home and told my friend about it so she said she will helped me arrange some guys to beat her up but am scared, i don't want to hurt her but my heart needs revenge

I think wimps like you deserve more SLAPS to reset your brain! grin

Omo'rele owa'gbesi (that means a child that runs home first, before knowing how to respond to a public insult on his family) undecided

When you finish crying and finish bleeding, let us know so we can tell you what to do. grin grin

If na me be your Papa, l go dash you give ritualist sef! angry angry

May l hear say you slap the woman back five times, make l come dey beg say na only twice you for slap am now....

God forbod, l nor born dindinrin for pikin. grin grin

Lastpage!

NB: No employer has the right to slap an employee, you either get slapped-back three times or you get sued for "assault".
U can shove the job up ur 'you-know-what' . undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Bollinger(m): 12:42am On Sep 29, 2016
TheArchangel:
You should have slapped the HM back impromptu as in IMMEDIATELY then wait for the fall out. Now, slap you no slap and definitely you gon be sacked undecided

Yes. In Nigeria, the best way to handle situations is to either go get a hired killer to finish the HM, or organize boys to go deal him, or you go find his relatives and "deal" with them etc. But, in a normal society, you call the cops. That is how it is supposed to be done. But we all know Nigeria is not a normal county is it? Everyone acts like a phucking animal. This why the HM slapped him and this is why he is considering revenge. Smh.

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by lastpage: 12:42am On Sep 29, 2016
AbiolaEsq:
Sue the HM. I'm a lawyer. I can help you at little cost.

Lawyer with/without a Conscience!

Do it "Pro-Bono".

No advance payment.
You win the case, you take a cut of the pay-out.

That should be your motivation, if you know your job properly.
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Bollinger(m): 12:44am On Sep 29, 2016
An0nimus:

You never jam kingcheezypuff own. You go tire i swear. Rumor has it someone somewhere told her it's sexy. Not.

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 29, 2016
telemapreye1:
I got home and told my friend about it so she said she will helped me arrange some guys to beat her up but am scared,i don't want to hurt her but my heart needs revenge

I really had to quote you op, like wtf!! U didn't slap her back angry angry

Same thing happened to me years back but believe me, I made her life miserable!!
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 29, 2016
lastpage:

I think wimps like you deserve more SLAPS to reset your brain! grin

Omo'rele owa'gbesi (that means a child that runs home first, before knowing how to respond to a public insult on his family) undecided

When you finish crying and finish bleeding, let us know so we can tell you what to do. grin grin

If na me be your Papa, l go dash you give ritualist sef! angry angry

May l hear say you slap the woman back five times, make l come dey beg say na only twice you for slap am now....

God forbod, l nor born dindinrin for pikin. grin grin

Lastpage!

NB: No employer has the right to slap an employee, you either get slapped-back three times or you get sued for "assault".
U can shove the job up ur 'you-know-what' . undecided
bruh, u gat me cracking grin, op is one hell of a mumu grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 29, 2016
exhibit7432:
Oboy. .do whatever you will. ..but let it not get you sacked oh. ..economy hard Now shocked
economy is hard now is not like getting a primary school teaching job bruh, jobs there are always open cos they pay the least of salaries undecided
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by lastpage: 12:49am On Sep 29, 2016
An0nimus:

Nor be only you o, The color make me lose he-rec-tion sef! grin grin

if you must attempt to be colourful, at least try and do it in a way people can actually read what you wrote!
Well, she nor make sense anyway.
undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 29, 2016
Bollinger:

You never jam kingcheezypuff own. You go tire i swear. Rumor has it someone somewhere told her it's sexy. Not.
haha grin Shut up.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Bollinger(m): 1:07am On Sep 29, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
haha grin Shut up.

Just saying.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by diva90: 1:12am On Sep 29, 2016
If you had told us what the incidence you had with the kid was then we would be able to advise you better. It seems like you have some fault on your path. But then again, it's better to collect slap than to lose the job abi?
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 29, 2016
Bollinger:

Just saying.
mmm grin bye
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by eph12(m): 1:22am On Sep 29, 2016
charix:
Assuming this story is not fake because I don't trust tales posted on this forum.
You should save up enough money to last you at least six months, dress up for work tomorrow, go to your place of work, head to your desk and then empty it of all personal belongings. Head back home and you're good -- you've automatically fired yourself from the job; can't stay working for/under someone who doesn't respect you as a human being.
Start filling applications for your next job offer. If your former employer has shame they wouldn't bother trying to contact you because they know all effort to bring you back would prove futile.
Maybe you don't know this but employers do investigate someone they're about to employ. So assuming she gets a new job and they go back to the boss that slapped her to ask about her conduct what do you think is gonna happen?
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 29, 2016
eph12:

Maybe you don't know this but employers do investigate someone they're about to employ.
It is assumed but not always so. A similar belief is one people spread saying without an nysc certificate an individual can never get a job. Guess what? Private organizations give no consideration to nysc.

So assuming she gets a new job and they go back to the boss that slapped her to ask about her conduct what do you think is gonna happen?
Funny enough this goes two ways: either she loses her new job or the old boss surprisingly tells her new employer good things.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by AngelAhnie(f): 1:45am On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:

Lol cheesy
If you know what goes around in a private school, you'll understand my point better! Does the OP know what her HM went through to get those kids registered in her school? Then she comes from nowhere to bring her success down by being rude to a parent.

School is a business and they're all in a competition. Teachers have got this one unique trait and that's patience buh she lacks it!
The hm didn't go through anything to get those kids. The hm is very wrong in her action. She is lucky she slapped a cool headed lady.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by divinelove(m): 2:07am On Sep 29, 2016
telemapreye1:

First things first can u do without d job ie by resigning if no leave vengeance for God. Infact go n say sorry to HM for being rude to the parent so everyone can move on. If u see d parent next time apologize to her too
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by macaranta(m): 2:24am On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:
You should have known that the mother of the child was warning you because of the incident you had with her child, what you should have done is to keep apologising no matter what rather you decided to keep malice with the mother of a child you teach at school. That's bad of you...

Don't you know your salary is being paid from the parents for your pupils, the slap is well deserved. Next time you learn good manners.

Revenge at your own risk! Go and apologise to your HM for being rude to a parent and stop acting RAZZ. undecided

Are you used to slave work?

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Osyxcel(m): 3:27am On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:

Your font color is very annoying. angry

The HM shouldn't have slapped him/her but I guess what he did initially is very bad, that's why he cleverly left that part out...
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by kindklemz(m): 4:23am On Sep 29, 2016
xtervaganza:
you're a FOOL!

what right does anybody have to hit an employee? I know your type. You're the type who pour hot water on housemaids.

And then when you fxcked up and your children are suffering you'll be shouting work of the enemy

Idiot

Hia....there is no need insulting, somebody make a point, you disagree on it,make it known without resorting to insult.
Remember, we don't all reasons alike, we are created so,thats what makes life sweet
Peace!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? / How To Start A Presentation That Will Capture Your Audience / My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.