Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! (24418 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / I Was Slapped By My Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by HandsomeHITLER(m): 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
I work at a small private school, started working there on the very first day of academic activities. I was promised N18,000 per month. only for the proprietor to tell me(on payday) that my cash is N7,500 short.. reason? that i was not present a week before resumption. Now can a mathematician help me do the math? is it fair? And she claims to be a pastor. Now there's so much ends I need to meet. too many necessities. after days of tedious work(teachers can you relate)? Now Im stranded here with frustration.. After paying up debts, Ive got only N120 left. on the very first day of payment

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by stamfoxx: 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Private school owners are so good at that. Some of them though.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Frankaka8(m): 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
I work at a small private school, started working there on the very first day of academic activities. I was promised N18,000 per month. only for the proprietor to tell me(on payday) that my cash is N7,500 short.. reason? that i was not present a week before resumption. Now can a mathematician help me do the math? is it fair? And she claims to be a pastor. Now there's so much ends I need to meet. too many necessities. after days of tedious work(teachers can you relate)? Now Im stranded here with frustration.. After paying up debts, Ive got only N120 left. on the very first day of payment
firstly, did u collect employment letter from her, with the pay details boldly typed in it? Hence that can be ur proof to sue her or get backups to collect ur balance. This is the height of wickedness! Afterwards, pls try other job vacancies. She ain't worth the fuss!

31 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Khd95(m): 8:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
My brother,just hold on,nd be strong,it wont last long,while u covertly look for anoda jobwink

11 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by NiceCJ(f): 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
Just forget about it, it's one of those things... its painful but that's ur means of survival now, cool down until you can get another job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
cry I weep for you. Don't depend on teaching alone, after school take up private lessons for pupils at their homes.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by HandsomeHITLER(m): 8:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
Frankaka8:
firstly, did u collect employment letter from her, with the pay details boldly typed in it? Hence that can be ur proof to sue her or get backups to collect ur balance. This is the height of wickedness! Afterwards, pls try other job vacancies. She ain't worth the fuss!
NO I DIDNT. SUCH SMALL SCHOOLS HARDLY ISSUE IT
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by HandsomeHITLER(m): 8:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
Khd95:
My brother,just hold on,nd be strong,it wont last long,while u covertly look for anoda jobwink
THANKS BRO
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by HandsomeHITLER(m): 8:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
NiceCJ:
Just forget about it, it's one of those things... its painful but that's ur means of survival now, cool down until you can get another job
SADLY BUT TRUE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by HandsomeHITLER(m): 8:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
lofty900:
cry I weep for you. Don't depend on teaching alone, after school take up private lessons for pupils at their homes.
YEA WELL, I DO THAT TOO. JUST THE THOUGHT OF THE WICKED ACT

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Donald3d(m): 9:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
pls always have a signed agreement with whoever is employing you.

4 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by amicable09(f): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
Lol. OP your choice of topic gan! lol... Broad daylight robbery! I was anticipating a true robbery incident at work where your employer turned robber! Lol. I'm sorry but this thread is funny.

Ok. On a serious note that cut is too much. Ask other members of staff if she's usually that way before your next month's pay becomes 5,000, with her giving you another flimsy reason. These small schools sha, they can do and undo.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by yomalex(m): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
God have Mercy on us

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by JuicyGee(f): 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
Op just take heart.. I remember years ago, after my uncle owed his cook several months salary, amounting to over 200k, he called him nd gave just 30k. The cook just accepted things and left. Today he's a cook in imo state government house with a better pay... The other day he was even chatting and making jokes with my uncle on my fb timeline.

Moral; If the cook didnt face disappointment, he probably wouldn't have searched for another job. Some disappointment in life are set to take you to another level.

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by jamanuka: 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
JuicyGee:
Op just take heart.. I remember years ago, after my uncle owed his cook several months salary, amounting to over 200k, he called him nd gave just 30k. The cook just accepted things and left. Today he's a cook in imo state government house... The other day he was even chatting and making jokes with my uncle on my fb timeline.
Who knows, sometimes things happen for a reason

And your point is?

3 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by JuicyGee(f): 9:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
jamanuka:

And your point is?
maybe God is telling him to move to another level.. Who knows, a better job might be waiting for him out there. Some disappointment in life are meant to take you to another level.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by An0nimus: 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:

Lemme try

18k-7.5k = 10.5k

You were paid #10,500. It's not fair at all. Hope you're not teaching Js1-Ss3? cause if that's the case it's sooooo not fair. Sorry mansad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by HandsomeHITLER(m): 10:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
An0nimus:

Lemme try

18k-7.5k = 10.5k

You were paid #10,500. It's not fair at all. Hope you're not teaching Js1-Ss3? cause if that's the case it's sooooo not fair. Sorry mansad
I TEACH JS1-SS3 ENGLISH FOR THAT MATTER

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by OCTAVO: 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
It is well.
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
Na why I hate teaching job except na government school. At least you go get up to 80k plus you fit come anytime you like. Even public holidays plenty for civil servants.

6 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Danyl(m): 10:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
really sorry for you @OP. Well I find myself in this kind of situation I resigned, added to my skills by sitting down n reading/practicing on my laptop. the first freelance job i got was *5 of my salary. Just think outside the box. Staying in the job is not advisable, leaving it may not be easy but it could be worth it in the long run.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by An0nimus: 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
HandsomeHITLER:
I TEACH JS1-SS3 ENGLISH FOR THAT MATTER

Chai Chai Chai!

is well

30 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Amustical(m): 11:16pm On Feb 10, 2016
Na so my employer did to me when I was working with one microfinance company. My agreed salary package on my offer letter is 40k, I got the first salary, the scond salary wey I supose get na em I got an alart of 11,600 naira. Bros e no easy. Oooo. But I drag the company to human right. And they paid my outstanding balance. I even told them right there that assuming I don't want peace, I wouldn't collect my Salary balance but rather, more. That's the power of offer letter don't joke with it. Even when I tendered my offer letter @ the human right office, the first question is what's my qualification and I told them a. A graduate. So they put more interest on my case cause they felt 40k is too small for a graduate to collect not to talk of employer playing short paying you. I collect my balance and left for my aos. Though I suffer the lost of job. But today am an enterprenure. Bros u no get case as u no get offer letter.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
Imagine and English for that matter, better look for alternative. You can be freelance writer only if you want!!!
Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by queendoreez(f): 12:08am On Feb 11, 2016
Op, try using www.Tuteria.com

I use it plus I also write online for blogs and I sell clothes and shoes on online malls. No dulling. I'd rather be self employed and freelance than suffer stress from paid employment.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by akinyeleaa: 12:16am On Feb 11, 2016
God knows I'm so not taking such. Had a similar case last year tho mine was during Nysc, maybe that was why I had the guts sha, I so sparked for the elderly proprietor ehn, even other teachers (females) were like Yorubas have no respect(Served in Abia). I'm respectful but get overly annoyed when I feel cheated.

Mine was slightly different sha, he wanted me to handle games, science and debating club aside teaching over a meagre 4k, not his fault tho.....shebi I na service to fatherland

4 Likes

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 3:32am On Feb 11, 2016
You should have voiced out instatntly there,else she will be taking you for a ride for long.

And try as much as possible to avoid any business dealing to people who claim "saint" ie-pastor,imam,etc.

They are the worst set of people to deal with.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 5:44am On Feb 11, 2016
They have said it all... With a written agreement then u have a case and without it u have none. Meanwhile, I know it is a bitter pill to swallow but u just have to move on. Irrespective of everything, life goes on.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by calculator123(m): 6:52am On Feb 11, 2016
life is not fair but is part of life phases.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 11, 2016
its not fair nah

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Join The Nigeria Police Today! / Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert / CBN Bars Banks From Sacking More Than 5 Staff Without Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.