Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) (35556 Views)

El-rufai Signs Mou With Chinese Firms For 80,000-barrels Per Day Refinery(photos / Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by wristbangle: 8:35am On Sep 29, 2016
The Ogun State Government, on Wednesday, signed an agreement with a consortium of four private companies to build the second largest refinery in sub-Saharan Africa and the largest petroleum product depot in Nigeria.

The Chairman, Petrolex Group, Mr. Segun Adebutu who led other partners in the consortium to the office of the Ogun State Governor for the agreement signing ceremony, said the two projects, when completed would generate not less than 2000 employment opportunities for the citizens and greatly increase the socio-economic condition of the state.

He said the refinery is situated in the Odogbolu Local Government Area of the state.

Speaking during the ceremony, Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, assured the consortium of his administration’s commitment to fully support the project.

“We have the political will and we would support the project fully. You can be rest assured that I will get involved, when necessary, in order to ensure that the project is a success,” the governor said.

Governor Amosun added that, “any government that will get it right indeed must be private sector driven.”

In this respect, Governor Amosun said Ogun State does not just want any investment but that which will truly support the dreams, goals and economic drive of the present administration in the state.

The Governor disclosed that his administration will always support people of like minds who will in turn bring positive economic development to the state.

The firms involved in the consortium include Petrolex Oil and Gas, Hyundai, Ajayi Legal Partner and Wema Bank PLC.

Adejuwon Soyinka
Senior Special Assistant (Media)
Ogun State Governor

Source:
http://www.flatimes.com/2016/09/ogun-state-signs-agreement-build-africa-second-largest-refinery.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Flatimes+(Flatimes)&m=1

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by richidinho(m): 8:37am On Sep 29, 2016
Looking for trouble everywhere, Why cant they build cocoa refinery?

When you hear them talk about diversifying one will think they are serious.

NIGERIA GOVT sleep crude oil, wake up crudeoil, but refuse to invest in the region that harbour the oil rather prefer to spend billions of naira on security to bomb the region, lets see how it will end shaa

*****modified*****
For those of you quoting me to say crude can be imported, i pray ooooo

Hope there is enough dollar for that?

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by wristbangle: 8:55am On Sep 29, 2016
richidinho:

They sleep crude oil, wake up crudeoil, but refuse to invest in the region that harbour the oil

So who are you blaming for this? The investors choose a region with peace over the one ridden with militant/bombing activities, which will ruin their business in the long run.

Between, ogun state government in conjunction with other SW states are making trident steps to increase cocoa production to a huge amount that will stimulate the economy positively.

So what's your point exactly? Well am not surprise though! The children of hate will not like this kind of news.

182 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Temidayo9(m): 9:05am On Sep 29, 2016
richidinho:

They sleep crude oil, wake up crudeoil, but refuse to invest in the region that harbour the oil

Can you invest your money where bombing is bn celebrated to spite the hated Government?

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by richidinho(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2016
Temidayo9:

Can you invest your money where bombing is bn celebrated to spite the hated Government?

But they will invest their money on the pipeline that will transport crude from the region to the refinery abi?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by cosby02(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2016
richidinho:

But they will invest their money on the pipeline that will transport crude from the region to the refinery abi?
From lagos, ondo to ogun na ur region??

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by devilson(m): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2016
Am proud of my state.God bless ipinle ogun
Lagos Nd ogun keep going places

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by richidinho(m): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2016
cosby02:

From lagos, ondo to ogun na ur region??

grin grin na Lagos and Ondo Oil go service the 2nd biggest refinery in Africa?

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by cosby02(m): 9:32am On Sep 29, 2016
richidinho:

Whats your problem with that Your orientation is so bad to the extend that, you dont think there's no crude oil anywhere in the world aside ND.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by ritababe(f): 10:15am On Sep 29, 2016
this is good news at least Ogun is growing economically I wish my state will follow suit.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by wristbangle: 10:21am On Sep 29, 2016
ritababe:
this is good news at least Ogun is growing economically I wish my state will follow suit.

Heya. Which state are u from?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 29, 2016
But where is lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by aljazira: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2016
In the next few years to come, Nigeria will explode with even development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by BrutalJab: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2016
That's a welcomed idea.
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Neimar: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2016
hahahahahahaha Lagos and ondo oil nor reach ND
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by johnwizey: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2016
Amosun my man......kari go jare. Notin does you!!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Kaybee14(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2016
This is a good development. God bless the Gateway State.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by nijanigga: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2016
Nigeria,the dead giant of Africa, while the rest of the world have bid bye to oil and exploring alternatives, Nigeria is building the second biggest refinery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by striker9(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2016
wow I'm so elated, my home town....omo Ogun ise ya

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Nathdoug(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2016
Refinary dat won't still work at. The end...mtcheeeewwww...according to Donald trump we need to be re colonised for another hundred years

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by wesome2500(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2016
nice one

1 Like

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by martineinstein(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2016
so sad dat my region souh-south is missing diz goodies

1 Like

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by ychris: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2016
Temidayo9:

I TIRE o

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by laksides: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2016
Good development.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by DeLaRue: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2016
richidinho:

Sao Tome, Gabon and Angola which are not that far from Lagos and Ogun can all supply the crude.

Btw, Angola produces more crude oil than the Niger Delta.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2016
This is great! I foresee a future where though Nigeria will be importing petroleum, it will be refined locally grin You may think this sounds crazy, but with recent happenings in the Niger Delta, the militants degrading all facilities there forgetting it would take years to get it back to optimal level go ask Iraq and Kuwait how long it took them to recover from the destruction from the war.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by geostrata(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2016
wink
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by tunjijones(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2016
Mumu government... Am sure they knw that the world oil has a life span. I wonder what wld become of Nigeria when these oil finally dry up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Fabulosdave01: 10:45am On Sep 29, 2016
lol. Some people won't like this. I thought akwa ibom was their first site?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by chukslawrence(m): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2016
richidinho:

richidinho:
NIGERIA GOVT sleep crude oil, wake up crudeoil, but refuse to invest in the region that harbour the oil rather prefer to spend billions of naira on security to bomb the region, lets see how it will end shaa
You guys are funny . they can import crude na..after all Nigeria export her crude for refining. So change your orientation.

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N77trn Debt: Every Nigerian To Owe N384,864 By End Of Buhari’s Tenure / President Buhari Off To London Friday For Medical Follow-up / APC Delegates Demand Adamu’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.