Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) (35578 Views)

El-rufai Signs Mou With Chinese Firms For 80,000-barrels Per Day Refinery(photos / Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Charly68: 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
richidinho:

But they will invest their money on the pipeline that will transport crude from the region to the refinery abi?
That is wisdom abi?
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by ziga: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hope plans dey for when oyel finish.

Dem fit plan am so that e go become amusement park when the oyel dry or nobody dey use oyel again.
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by hmuhammad(m): 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
cosby02:

Whats your problem with that Your orientation is so bad to the extend that, you dont think there's crude oil anywhere in tbe world aside ND.
no mind the guy, he has forgotten that we have crudeoil in Niger Benue, Borno, Bauchi and Sokoto. The guy de use anus think

1 Like

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Charly68: 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
This should be Niger Deltal boys agitations instead of their destructive instinct..their man ruled for 5 years yet the land is worse off..it is the new man at Aso Rock that is doing his best to clean up the mess in the land.. How these people reason self,I can't understand .
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by EbiClems: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
Some of you don't know history. Let me tell you the government is the cause of the unrest in the ND area. Go and make research if you don't know. The ND people are peace loving,but the government is heartless and wicked. Pls you don't know anything, if this oil happen to be in the North we won't have been talking about one Nigeria yet they use their military power to share the oil among themselves in the name of govt. Don't talk anyhow if you lack knowledge
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by bodee(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
richidinho:

grin grin na Lagos and Ondo Oil go service the 2nd biggest refinery in Africa?
Investors still prefer the place rather than the crisis-laden region.

Pls about your signature, how can one go about it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by APCmyheart(m): 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
God bless South Westerners .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by richidinho(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
bodee:
Investors still prefer the place rather than the crisis-laden region.

Pls about your signature, how can one go about it?

Wassap me my broda that's the most important one grin
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by matthew41(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
MadCow1:

I believe Ogun has crude Oil..
. You are right, there is crude oil deposit at TONGEJI ISLAND in IPOKIA LGA of Ogun

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by matthew41(m): 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
wiseoneking:
He is right. You are ignorant. The crude oil is still from Niger Delta not just ondo or eko
Google is your friend, we have crude oil in ogun
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by matthew41(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
matthew41:
. You are right, there is crude oil deposit at TONGEJI ISLAND in IPOKIA LGA of Ogun
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by omonnakoda: 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
Location of raw materials has very little to do with location of industry that uses those material if there was then Africa would be the most industrialized continent . The largest refineries can be found in places like India ,Singapore and Korea. The largest chocolate companies are not in Africa and so on...........

Crude oil has an international price and refineries in Ogun or Lagos can get crude from ANYWHERE. In fact it would be foolish for this refinery to use Niger Delta oil because of disruptive supply. Better to buy from the international market. Also they do not have to sell their products in Nigeria either.It is a business pure and simple

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by 7lives: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
EbiClems:
Some of you don't know history. Let me tell you the government is the cause of the unrest in the ND area. Go and make research if you don't know. The ND people are peace loving,but the government is heartless and wicked. Pls you don't know anything, if this oil happen to be in the North we won't have been talking about one Nigeria yet they use their military power to share the oil among themselves in the name of govt. Don't talk anyhow if you lack knowledge

Is this the reason why 40 billion dollars meant for the development of the region was mismanaged?

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by fitinwell: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
wristbangle:
The Ogun State Government, on Wednesday, signed an agreement with a consortium of four private companies to build the second largest refinery in sub-Saharan Africa and the largest petroleum product depot in Nigeria.

The Chairman, Petrolex Group, Mr. Segun Adebutu who led other partners in the consortium to the office of the Ogun State Governor for the agreement signing ceremony, said the two projects, when completed would generate not less than 2000 employment opportunities for the citizens and greatly increase the socio-economic condition of the state.

He said the refinery is situated in the Odogbolu Local Government Area of the state.

Speaking during the ceremony, Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, assured the consortium of his administration’s commitment to fully support the project.

“We have the political will and we would support the project fully. You can be rest assured that I will get involved, when necessary, in order to ensure that the project is a success,” the governor said.

Governor Amosun added that, “any government that will get it right indeed must be private sector driven.”

In this respect, Governor Amosun said Ogun State does not just want any investment but that which will truly support the dreams, goals and economic drive of the present administration in the state.

The Governor disclosed that his administration will always support people of like minds who will in turn bring positive economic development to the state.

The firms involved in the consortium include Petrolex Oil and Gas, Hyundai, Ajayi Legal Partner and Wema Bank PLC.

Adejuwon Soyinka
Senior Special Assistant (Media)
Ogun State Governor

Source:
http://www.flatimes.com/2016/09/ogun-state-signs-agreement-build-africa-second-largest-refinery.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Flatimes+(Flatimes)&m=1

[size=18pt]I don't have problem with these project and signing blah blah ba... i was only concern when i read this line that say
when completed would generate not less than 2000 employment opportunities for the citizens and greatly increase the socio-economic condition of the state.
is that how much less they can take...? [/size]
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
nijanigga:
Nigeria,the dead giant of Africa, while the rest of the world have bid bye to oil and exploring alternatives, Nigeria is building the second biggest refinery.

I detect painment here. Are you by chance from the land of the rising sun or from the land of the black gold?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by kjhova(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
naijababe:

On the contrary, a refinery is a much needed infrastructure in a country as big as Nigeria, the unavailability many of the feedstock from crude oil is one of the reasons why the manufacturing sector remains comatose. Having said that, I wish these b1tches will invest in capital infrastructure first i.e. good and well linked roads would be a start.

Actually Ogun State has been forefront leaders in infrastructural investment in recent times. It really isn't fair for you to refer to them (whoever these are) as bi*ches as this is a gross abuse of people you don't know well enough to make such opinion.

In my opinion, between governors Amosu and Ambode, these guys may just be quielty building the biggest industrial/financial axis from Lekki to Sagamu in Nigeria for decades to come. It will be so nice to see nuclei like this springing up elsewhere e.g.; Kano-Kaduna axis, Aba-PH axis etc etc. The Niger Delta and the N/East in particular are at grave risk of falling behind the rest of Nigeria as they will struggle for years to come to attract infrastructural investment funding due to insecurity and bad reputation.

It is also great to see Wema Bank in the mix of investors. For so long, Nigerian banks have been accused of acting more as traders rather than invest in the real sector.

May Nigeria be a worthy nation in our lifetime.

10 Likes

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by nijanigga: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
ElsonMorali:

I detect painment here. Are you by chance from the land of the rising sun or from the land of the black gold?
no by brother, where I dey native Indians are protesting against laying oil pipelines on their land, they know the effects of oil pollution.Nigeria without regulations, when small spill, in your farmland,your land don begin dey go be that. Ask ogoni people.
https://www.google.com/search?q=native+indians+fighting+oil+pipelines&biw=1366&bih=657&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwji2L7d-rTPAhWHKWMKHZr-Dv4QsAQIGw
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
nijanigga:

no by brother, where I dey native Indians are protesting against laying oil pipelines on their land, they know the effects of oil pollution.Nigeria without regulations, when small spill, in your farmland,your land don begin dey go be that. Ask ogoni people.
https://www.google.com/search?q=native+indians+fighting+oil+pipelines&biw=1366&bih=657&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwji2L7d-rTPAhWHKWMKHZr-Dv4QsAQIGw

I'm in agreement with you.

Even apart from the spill, it has been discovered that mining natural resources makes the government lazy and unproductive compared with if they have to find other ways to sustain the economy.

I'd prefer an economy based on real manufacturing and trade than natural resources based.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
richidinho:

But they will invest their money on the pipeline that will transport crude from the region to the refinery abi?
For ur info, d pipeline this time would be channeled far deep into the sea to the different location of the refineries , so that is taken care of. South-south is doomed forever. No investor will ever go thr, I repeat n u all can quote me, Nooooooooo investor angry sad. The investors love peaceful environment
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by aarressa: 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
richidinho:
Looking for trouble everywhere, Why cant they build cocoa refinery?

When you hear them talk about diversifying one will think they are serious.

NIGERIA GOVT sleep crude oil, wake up crudeoil, but refuse to invest in the region that harbour the oil rather prefer to spend billions of naira on security to bomb the region, lets see how it will end shaa

*****modified*****
For those of you quoting me to say crude can be imported, i pray ooooo

Hope there is enough dollar for that?

Refinery is not diversification? Is this pure ignorance or just self induced dumbness and idiocy?

Do you have any idea the amount the state is set to generate in IGR from thousands of workers working in this refinery down to even many more thousands in the sub areas like manufacturing and industrial areas benefiting from the by products of refinery?

And Ogun is not a cocoa state, Ogun is an industrial state so a refinery is more in line with the state's industrial model..

Sometimes I just wonder about you people's mental balance and sanity...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by ificatchmodeh: 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
DeLaRue:

Sao Tome, Gabon and Angola which are not that far from Lagos and Ogun can all supply the crude.

Btw, Angola produces more crude oil than the Niger Delta.

Bro which Angola. Produces more oil than niger delta..
Hop say na joke you dey..or..
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by aarressa: 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
fitinwell:

[size=18pt]I don't have problem with these project and signing blah blah ba... i was only concern when i read this line that say is that how much less they can take...? [/size]

1. 2000 thousand is massive.

2. Many more thousands are going to be hired by industries and factories set to benefit from the many by products from this refinery

3. IGR from 2000 workers and the money 2000 people recycle back into the economy in form of purchases, bill payments and life's necessities means stronger GDP and economic base.

4. Even if this refinery created 1 single job, it means one less unemployed Nigerians, it means 1 Nigerian family with food on the table.

It is not by force to criticize especially when your criticism makes you sound shallow and empty..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
kjhova:

Actually Ogun State has been forefront leaders in infrastructural investment in recent times. It really isn't fair for you to refer to them (whoever these are) as bi*ches as this is a gross abuse of people you don't know well enough to make such opinion.

In my opinion, between governors Amosu and Ambode, these guys may just be quielty building the biggest industrial/financial axis from Lekki to Sagamu in Nigeria for decades to come. It will be so nice to see nuclei like this springing up elsewhere e.g.; Kano-Kaduna axis, Aba-PH axis etc etc. The Niger Delta and the N/East in particular are at grave risk of falling behind the rest of Nigeria as they will struggle for years to come to attract infrastructural investment funding due to insecurity and bad reputation.

It is also great to see Wema Bank in the mix of investors. For so long, Nigerian banks have been accused of acting more as traders rather than invest in the real sector.

May Nigeria be a worthy nation in our lifetime.

Never mind that Ogun State already boasts an industrial hub that no other LGA can rival in Nigeria?! Amosun for reasons best known to him ignored Ado-Otta, the most industrialised and possibly the highest tax earner for Ogun state to build something in Sagamu! Pray, tell! What is in Sagamu?! Try driving round Ado-Otta, then come back and tell me Amosun is working angry lipsrsealed
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by nijanigga: 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
ElsonMorali:

I'm in agreement with you.

Even apart from the spill, it has been discovered that mining natural resources makes the government lazy and unproductive compared with if they have to find other ways to sustain the economy.

I'd prefer an economy based on real manufacturing and trade than natural resources based.
see Japan, where only brain brings money.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by fitinwell: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
aarressa:

1. 2000 thousand is massive.

2. Many more thousands are going to be hired by industries and factories set to benefit from the many by products from this refinery

3. IGR from 2000 workers and the money 2000 people recycle back into the economy in form of purchases, bill payments and life's necessities means stronger GDP and economic base.

4. Even if this refinery created 1 single job, it means one less unemployed Nigerians, it means 1 Nigerian family with food on the table.

It is not by force to criticize especially when your criticism makes you sound shallow and empty..

[size=18p]You have been a gentle man,by giving your side of the story.. Next time please don't drop your good sense of reasoning until you have signed off from nairaland because you had a good start ..but every poor ending.. use your head next time. [/size]
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
nijanigga:

see Japan, where only brain brings money.

Absolutely.
Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by aresssa: 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
fitinwell:

You have been a gentle man,by giving your side of the story.. Next time please don't drop your good sense of reasoning until you have signed off from nairaland because you had a good start ..but every poor ending.. use your head next time. [/size]

You are of course very very wrong, telling you it is not by force to criticize especially when your criticism makes you sound shallow and empty was a great ending and something you should always think about before spewing illogical and thoughtless criticisms on the internet..

1 employed and paycheck collecting Nigerian is better than non and 2000 is 2000 better than what they are yet to create in your village since independence..

1 Like

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by LorDBolton(m): 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
If only akwa ibom was '100 % safe' by now. Those Chinese investors who were making mouth months about being ready to sign and start constructing a refinery there would have actually made concrete moves.

Let's stop this useless militancy who e epp?

Under buhari state govs have begun to look inward and embark on concrete projects via ppp from kebbi to jigawa to lagos to ogun to anambra

We are already being promised made in naija rice from anambra to kebbi to dangote (via jigawa)

If only this militants would allow pmb have funds to upgrade infrastructure and toll major long roads by nw we would be complaining about dollar while driving on smooth roads from lagos to benin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Bakynes24: 6:08am On Sep 30, 2016
I am a bonafide son of Odogbolu though born and live in Lagos. When these refinery kick starts. Will move back home.

OMO OGUN ISE YA

1 Like

Re: Ogun Signs Agreement To Build Refinery (Photos) by Triple333: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2016
Where is the Imo skate gov?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Buhari's Ministerial Nominees / President Buhari Off To London Friday For Medical Follow-up / Army Arrests Dangote Trucks, 3 Others Taking Banned Goods To Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.