Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities (49464 Views)

Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / If You Study These Courses In Any Of These Universities,You Are On Your Own-NUC / 11 Facts About Engineering In Uniben And Other Universities!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by OBAFEMIawolowo: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
This is based on my personal experience, I have visited most of the schools in Nigeria, i have aslo seen lot of researches/publications online and I want to compile my list, these schools below are the strictest in Nigeria, if you make a good 2:2 or 2:1 here, you will match a first class from most other schools. Agreed or not?

1. University of Ibadan
2. Amadu bello university, Zaria
3. Obafemi awolowo university, ife
4. University of Nigeria, nnsuka
5. University of Benin
6.university of Lagos
7. University of Ilorin
8. Federal university of technology, owerri
9. University of port Harcourt
10. University of calabar
11. Federal university of technology, akure
12. Federal university of technology, minna
13. Nnamdi azikiwe university, awka
14. University of uyo
15. University of Jos
16. University of Maiduguri
17. Bayero university, kano
18. University of agriculture, Abeokuta
19. Michael okpara university of agriculture, Umudike
20. Usman danfidiyo university, sokoto.

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by SuperSuave(m): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
OK. tell that to your employer

482 Likes 28 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by ammyluv2002(f): 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nnamdi Azikiwe University suffer me no be small...As in, I see pepper all through in that school undecided embarassed

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by abdeiz(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
SuperSuave:
lol

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by fineyemi(m): 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2016
You didn't include Osun State University and Olabisi Onabanjo University. Making First Class in a state University is more difficult in Federal University.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by abeloureal(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
Should education be appraised on the strictness involved before the reward or the quality of the education?
So tell me, a third class in Harvard is equal to what in the above universities.??
So u think a PhD program that lasted 8years is strictness (one of my lecturers ordeal) or stupidity and mediocrity.
I hate people saying this poo. Upon the whole wahala we put ourselves now....Nigerian universities for Africa is nothing but rubbish.. You better stop this rubbish comparisons because every student has their own story to tell. A university is only better than the other by qualitative education and pragmatic approach to human problems not outright wickedness that u call strictness.

285 Likes 24 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by abayomi93(m): 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2016
Oga 2.2 is 2.2!!! All these things ur saying here does not hold water. A fact is a fact. Once d requirement for a job is 2.1,it does not matter if it's from a village university u had ur 2.1,you are qualified.that is the fact.

214 Likes 9 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by sammyscholar(m): 4:34pm On Sep 29, 2016
You think anyone will come and tell you that it is easy to make high grades in his school? I agree to your assertion, anyway.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
I finished from Nnamdi Azikiwe University and i graduated with 4.07 in my 200level my gp was 3.39.... its easy bro,if wat i did in my 300l and 400l was don in 100l and 200l, first class for sure....
But no b by grade my cosmate own a popular transport company and he didnt get 2:1...
So chill money speaks not grade.

For employers its experience, knowledge, grade in descending order...
University no follow at all...

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by daewoorazer(m): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
Obviously... You have only been to your father's farm and a few.... And please stop smoking elephant poo like d man in Mr. Bones

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by idris4r83(m): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
The list should be
1. Ahmadu Bello University
2. University of Ibadan
3. Obafemi Awolowo University
4. University of Nigeria Nsukka
5. University of Lagos

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by emmasege: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
Am happy someone opened this thread. I actually discussed this with someone very recently and am of the opinion that a 2.2 or third class in some universities could actually perform better in some other universities.

@OP, I share a different view from your opinion. 2.2. in UI may not equal 2.2. in OAU and vice versa (just an example). Several factors determine what class of degree a candidate comes out with, and in some proven cases, 2.2 products have proved to be better than some 2.1 or even first class products of some universities. Don't be surprised that a 2.2 product in UI, OAU, UNILAG may not even come out with a better result from Covenant or Bowen University. It's high time we realized that some students opt for private universities by choice and not because they can't score beyond 200. In fact, many of them scored above 200. I have taught in both private and public universities and seen a good number of private university undergraduates who could do excellently well and even come top of their classes, were they in first generation universities.

I do not underrate first generation universities, as I proudly represent the premier university myself, but we need to jettison this old erroneous idea that the best brains are only endemic to the first generation universities. No, it's no longer so, and governments will have to do more to ensure that the likes of Covenant University do not push the premier universities to the back seat in years to come. Where's the glory of our Federal Government Colleges which were once the desire of many parents and children?

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by G12(m): 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
Wrong!

A 2.1 in AAU Ekpoma is equivalent to 1st class in uniben

32 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by rocoh(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
Be deceiving yourself.Carry 2 2 from the school and let anyone carry 2 1 from d schools not mentioned in your post.By the time employers will advertise all they will say is 2 1and above ,maybe you will tell dem den that your own 2 2 equals 2 1. In short you have already screened yourself out. Improve yourself and you will be amazed. MY SCHOOL IS IN THIS POST BUT I NO SEND .

23 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by KELVIN086: 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
E be like say u graduate with 2.2 . And u dey find way to give urself hope. My brother I go advise you to go do professional courses.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Futurecrown(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
G12:
Wrong!

A 2.1 in AAU Ekpoma is equivalent to 1st class in uniben
So you want to compare that third class University to UNIBEN? Checkmate yourself Boss, even your VC can testify to the Academic acumen of UNIBEST student. Most Ekpoma students are rejected from Mighty UNIBEN. That Much room School! Is like comparing Ohio state University to HARVARD University, better wake from slumber. There is a great lacuna between Rat and Rabbit thou there is similarity.

21 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Futurecrown(m): 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
Your assertion is very wrong. 2.1 is the same every institutions in the world, don't let anybody deceive you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
fineyemi:
You didn't include Osun State University and Olabisi Onabanjo University. Making First Class in a state University is more difficult in Federal University.
Tell dem!!!

4 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Oplusplus: 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
idris4r83:
The list should be
2. University of Ibadan
5. University of Lagos
All the best, shey e send money to y as u rearrange am undecided
idris4r83:
The list should be
2. University of Ibadan
5. University of Lagos
All the best, shey e send money to y as u rearrange am

3 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by nextprince: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
SuperSuave:
Abi oh!
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by freezyprinzy(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
op b deceiving yaself I cannor coma have first class in mayb a uni lyk oou and u have a pass in u.i and u say u r better or equivalent its lyk ur brain is being fingered

12 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by ednut1(m): 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
baseless, most grad trainee job require 2.1. no room for 2.2 equivalent crap ur postulating

2 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by walex2(m): 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
abeloureal:
Should education be appraised on the strictness involved before the reward or the quality of the education?
So tell me, a third class in Harvard is equal to what in the above universities.??
So u think a PhD program that lasted 8years is strictness (one of my lecturers ordeal) or stupidity and mediocrity.
I hate people saying this poo. Upon the whole wahala we put ourselves now....Nigerian universities for Africa is nothing but rubbish.. You better stop this rubbish comparisons because every student has their own story to tell. A university is only better than the other by qualitative education and pragmatic approach to human problems not outright wickedness that u call strictness.

Rubbish!!!!!

The op was actually correct making a 2.2 in Nigeria Public university is tougher than making first class in most of these oversee universities. most of their pogramme can even be done online. quote me anywhere

4 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Eleniyan15: 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
Skibo are you kidding me

where is LASU on that list, mehn that list no make brain rara

when you come from one sch or not if the employer talk say nah 2:1e want shey you go tell am say you come from so so so sch make e give you chance ni

ogbeni leave trash for lawma
#OWONIKOKO

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by bufness(m): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
fineyemi:
i totally agree with u bro, uniosun no be beans

2 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by michaelonorode(m): 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
Eleniyan15:
Skibo are you kidding me

where is LASU on that list, mehn that list no make brain rara

when you come from one sch or not if the employer talk say nah 2:1e want shey you go tell am say you come from so so so sch make e give you chance ni

ogbeni leave trash for lawma
#OWONIKOKO

Lion dey talk dog dey bark na unilag u want call....lasu dat advance primary school ogbeni call beta school joor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Section8(m): 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
Op may be right but 2.2 or 2.1 doesn't matter because na connect and money see job ooo, no be any useless GP. Third class graduates sef dey use their company car scatter dust for their scholar face, so better find money or leg, GP aint SHII!! Again

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by computerboy: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:

1. University of Ibadan 2. Amadu bello university, Zaria 3. Obafemi awolowo university, ife 4. University of Nigeria, nnsuka 5. University of Benin 6.university of Lagos 7. University of Ilorin 8. Federal university of technology, owerri 9. University of port Harcourt 10. University of calabar 11. Federal university of technology, akure 12. Federal university of technology, minna 13. Nnamdi azikiwe university, awka 14. University of uyo 15. University of Jos 16. University of Maiduguri 17. Bayero university, kano 18. University of agriculture, Abeokuta 19. Michael okpara university of agriculture, Umudike 20. Usman danfidiyo university, sokoto.
But these are the only universities in Nigeria nah. Others na chaff

6 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University is an emerging reputable University we all must count on.

2 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
Mikymiko:
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University is an emerging reputable University we all must count on.
where is this one located?

2 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
where is this one located?
Be informed

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Secondary School Throwback: How True Is This? (PHOTO) / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family / 10 Causes Of Poor Academic Performance In School – Most Students Never Admit #8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.