Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,154 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities (49484 Views)

Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / If You Study These Courses In Any Of These Universities,You Are On Your Own-NUC / 11 Facts About Engineering In Uniben And Other Universities!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by slimzy91(m): 11:52am On Sep 30, 2016
whether 2.1 or 2.2 all u need is God and developing yourself

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Taryur3(m): 11:53am On Sep 30, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University suffer me no be small...As in, I see pepper all through in that school undecided embarassed
Lols...so you follow ppu wey dey burn night candle for garba square...waka from engineering to ifite gate by 6pm...lols
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by livinbygrace: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
This is based on my personal experience, I have visited most of the schools in Nigeria, i have aslo seen lot of researches/publications online and I want to compile my list, these schools below are the strictest in Nigeria, if you make a good 2:2 or 2:1 here, you will match a first class from most other schools. Agreed or not?

1. University of Ibadan
2. Amadu bello university, Zaria
3. Obafemi awolowo university, ife
4. University of Nigeria, nnsuka
5. University of Benin
6.university of Lagos
7. University of Ilorin
8. Federal university of technology, owerri
9. University of port Harcourt
10. University of calabar
11. Federal university of technology, akure
12. Federal university of technology, minna
13. Nnamdi azikiwe university, awka
14. University of uyo
15. University of Jos
16. University of Maiduguri
17. Bayero university, kano
18. University of agriculture, Abeokuta
19. Michael okpara university of agriculture, Umudike
20. Usman danfidiyo university, sokoto.

Most of these schools are living on past glory and can change your destiny from good to worse by the time you used 6yrs or more instead of regular 4yr course due to strike and other internal crisis.My advise is to go to any new schools,spend your normal yr with no much drama and move on with your life.Education is the key but education without productivity is a waist of destiny.

2 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by purpledandelion: 11:56am On Sep 30, 2016
If 20 universities are listed as the best, according to your opinion, how many universities are left in Nigeria then? By the way, if those are the best uni in Nigeria, dropping out of my uni in third year may equal first class in Nigeria uni grin
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Bashirjaja01(m): 11:57am On Sep 30, 2016
Does that have any significant while for interview?
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by bond007i(m): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
This is based on my personal experience, I have visited most of the schools in Nigeria, i have aslo seen lot of researches/publications online and I want to compile my list, these schools below are the strictest in Nigeria, if you make a good 2:2 or 2:1 here, you will match a first class from most other schools. Agreed or not?

1. University of Ibadan
5. University of Benin
6.university of Lagos
7. University of Ilorin
14. University of uyo
15. University of Jos

are you kidding me? where did you put EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY?
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 30, 2016
emmasege:
Yes
Wow ! Please can I send a pm ?..I wanna take up a lecturing career too.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by blazer234: 12:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University suffer me no be small...As in, I see pepper all through in that school undecided embarassed

What I read on ur dp inspired me sooooooo much. Though my intention was to see ur pix grin. What I saw inspired far more than expectation. If ur dp could be so inspiring,only God knows how deeply inspiring ur personality would be.

Would like to know where u located wink.....now, Dont tell me Old Traffod angry
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
deusp:
What's bad in 2.2?I was picked over a chick who was the best in her faculty and na 22
I get #so shift please
did I say anything bad in having a 2:2. U r an illiterate!
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by ammyluv2002(f): 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
blazer234:

What I read on ur dp inspired me sooooooo much. Though my intention was to see ur pix grin. What I saw inspired far more than expectation. If ur dp could be so inspiring,only God knows how deeply inspiring ur personality would be.

Would like to know where u located wink.....now, Dont tell me Old Traffod angry
Awww! I'm so honoured

Thank you so much & God bless
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by blazer234: 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Awww! I'm so honoured

Thank you so much & God bless

Accepting ur PM won't be a bad idea. Or, what d'you think? wink
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by vectoh(m): 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
haibe:

If u attended a federal sch u would understand that some departments beef each other. Nothing like upgrading will exist for a student in an opposing department. Some of these papers that i knew i would easily have gotten A, but knowing how they mark us explains all
u r right sha.I attend a federal schl...i knw how it is...and the beef too. i av a friend dat had a c.o jus because of d beef btw her dept and d other dept.. #FUTA

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by omolakaka(m): 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
if delta state university abraka is not here Dis list is f**k
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by kayroy5(m): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
Am sure of unilorin
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Karleb(m): 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
The Op is simply deluded.

The best lecturers wouldn't want to lecture in a state school, in fact most lecturers in state universities are aspiring to upgrade to Federal school where their facilities is close to adequate.

Have you ever wondered why most people prefer doing Masters and all these professional exams in Federal universities? 'cos they believe they are up to the task.

My lecturer once told that OAU has up to 6 laboratories chemistry laboratories unlike in my university where it is divided by 6. undecided

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by vectoh(m): 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
bond007i:

are you kidding me? where did you put EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY?
who is this one?
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by liongirl: 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
National open university of Nigeria. NOUN
OBAFEMIawolowo:

1. University of Ibadan
5. University of Benin
6.university of Lagos
7. University of Ilorin
14. University of uyo
15. University of Jos
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
lols.
After arguing this finish, you guys would receive another scam invite from GTB.
Kontinu o... I siddon dey look.

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
haibe:
i totally agree with this. Imagine putting someone that had 2.4 in the same category with someone that had 3.49.. thats stupidityy of the highest order. The gap is too much to put them in same category . Although i understand some companies specifically requests for the exact Grade.. e.g Mckinsey
exactly bro. I came out with 3.46 and I'm tagged 2.2 while another person came out with same 2.2 with 2.5cgpa, the gap is damn too wide. Compare this with a 2.1 student with cgpa of 3.5, the grading system is just not fair at all.

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by cee001(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
SuperSuave:
OK. tell that to your employer
u killed it grin
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by najib632(m): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:

1. University of Ibadan
5. University of Benin
6.university of Lagos
7. University of Ilorin
14. University of uyo
15. University of Jos
Where is Abubabakar Tafawa Balewa university Bauchi?
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by haibe(m): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
franciskaine:
exactly bro. I came out with 3.46 and I'm tagged 2.2 while another person came out with same 2.2 with 2.5cgpa, the gap is damn too wide. Compare this with a 2.1 student with cgpa of 3.5, the grading system is just not fair at all.
the grade point average system doesnt just make any sense. You may be surprised seeing your academic transcript with scores like 69 .. and u will have the same grade B as someone with 60.. haba!
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
Taryur3:

Lols...so you follow ppu wey dey burn night candle for garba square...waka from engineering to ifite gate by 6pm...lols
bros, Garba square na my house OOO. From dept to Garba square to library. Thank God it's over. Education in Africa is damn too stressful.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by toniobyke(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
ammyluv2002:

Not just you. I just graduated this month
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
haibe:
the grade point average system doesnt just make any sense. You may be surprised seeing your academic transcript with scores like 69 .. and u will have the same grade B as someone with 60.. haba!
damn! Annoyingly frustrating.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by legendte(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2016
Nzeokafor:
I finished from Nnamdi Azikiwe University and i graduated with 4.07 in my 200level my gp was 3.39.... its easy bro,if wat i did in my 300l and 400l was don in 100l and 200l, first class for sure....
But no b by grade my cosmate own a popular transport company and he didnt get 2:1...
So chill money speaks not grade.

For employers its experience, knowledge, grade in descending order...
University no follow at all...
I know that you are lying but continue.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by ammyluv2002(f): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
toniobyke:
[color=#000099][/color]

Not just you. I just graduated this month
Congratulations
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by stubbornman(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:

1. University of Ibadan
5. University of Benin
6.university of Lagos
7. University of Ilorin
14. University of uyo
15. University of Jos
What a stupid consolatory post coming from a gullible minded fella..... you better do your best anywhere you find yourself and stop making silly comparisons

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Oghumu1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
Nzeokafor:
I finished from Nnamdi Azikiwe University and i graduated with 4.07 in my 200level my gp was 3.39.... its easy bro,if wat i did in my 300l and 400l was don in 100l and 200l, first class for sure....
But no b by grade my cosmate own a popular transport company and he didnt get 2:1...
So chill money speaks not grade.

For employers its experience, knowledge, grade in descending order...
University no follow at all...
Guy wetin u do for 300l and 400l abeg? Make I apply same for myself
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by okito: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
Wrong perception! I studied in both State & Federal unis and I can say while most of us always wish to study in the Federal Uni, a lot of times, it is about the name. Ask recruiters and they will tell you that some 2.2 products in some state unis perform better in tests and interviews than 2.1 graduates of federal unis. To a large extent, the individual plays an important role in what results he/she turns out. But I must confess that some state unis are really terrible in terms of facilities and lecturers. However you must give it to state unis like LAUTECH & LASU; they are better than many Federal unis and the quality of graduates they churn out underscore this assertion.

2 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by abiolaadew(m): 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2016
Come to TASUED, u go no se kaki no be leather

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Teechawa: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
fineyemi:
You didn't include Osun State University and Olabisi Onabanjo University. Making First Class in a state University is more difficult in Federal University.

He did not mention them because they are not important. States that owe workers? How will they foot the bill of basics needed for research. Students just sort their way out or what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Causes Of Poor Academic Performance In School – Most Students Never Admit #8 / Python Killed In Hostel At The Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa / Fatima Iliasu Graduates With 1st Class From University Of Surrey, UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.