Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? (78776 Views)

Some Fascinating Images Gathered From Around The World. / Fascinating Images Of When Nature Fights Back / Some Collections Of Fascinating Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Explorers(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
An old stadium that has been repurposed so people can live in it.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Explorers(m): 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
One year later, face transplant recipient.

Back in 2001, when he was working as a firefighter, Hardison received horrific burns that severely deformed his face.

Strangers would stare, and children would react with fear, he says.

But that all changed in August 2015 when Hardison receivedthe most extensive face transplant ever done.

Now, a year after the transplant, the 42-year-old Mississippi native is able to live a more normal life than he ever thought possible.

source: http://www.popsci.com/one-year-later-face-transplant-recipient-just-normal-guy

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Explorers(m): 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
Culture clash: Different people, different culture.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Explorers(m): 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
The skull of Joseph Merrick, often known as ‘the elephant man’.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Merrick?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7504077225
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/fine-collection-of-fascinating-photos/85120192/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Explorers(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
Boys eat at a rubbish dump where they are collecting recyclable waste outside Yemen's Red Sea port city of Houdieda.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
Culture clash: Different people, different culture.

Some people I know only see the two ladies laying on their stomachs here, no clashing cultures

4 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by mikool007(m): 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
Op keep up the gud work m really enjoying this wink

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by hahn(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
German gun turret from WWII in France.

The gun that's capable of leaving this damage behind almost 80yrs despite low level of technology, only God knows the type of ammunitions that will be used if there's WWIII

I wonder if god was aware of how many people died during the war since it did nothing to save them undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Explorers(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
Chittagong Ship Breaking Yard is the largest of its type in the world.

Around 80 active ship breaking yards line an eight-mile stretch of the coast, employing more than 200,000 Bangladeshis and accounting for half of all the steel in Bangladesh.

Ship breaking is the dismantling of ships for scrap recycling. Most ships have a lifespan of a 25-30 years before there is so much wear that repair becomes uneconomical, but the rising cost to insure and maintain aging vessels can make even younger vessels unprofitable to operate.

Hundreds of labourers who risk their lives at the ship-breaking yard earn just £2.25 a day

dailymail

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Explorers(m): 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
This is what rush hour looks like at Yellowstone National Park.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Explorers(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
The nostril of a blue whale.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Explorers(m): 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
Faiz, 40, and Ghulam, 11, sit for a portrait in her home before their wedding in Afghanistan.

According to the U.S. Department of State report “Human Rights Practices for 2011,” approximately 60 percent of girls were married younger than the legal age of 16.

Once the girl’s father has agreed to the engagement, she is pulled out of school immediately.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Mykel4God(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
Keep 'em coming!
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Realist2: 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorer keep it coming !, this should be the longest thread on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by wiegraf: 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
This ur thread na wa. Celebrate life, fascination with death

U for just become reporter

Make I add my own, but did is a diffrent theme - d future

Mars. Pic is adjusted to show what it would like with earth's athmosphere, but it is the actual planet

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by ellahzy(f): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

LOL!!! C'mon cheesy!! I did my Industrial Training in an Aqua culture (Agricultural) Research Centre, and at such, I saw it all..

Even as a child (one who can read, write and understand), I never thought pineapples grow on trees grin.

hello dear
wow! where is the research centre located?.

what department are u in
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Twizzy30(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
This lalasticlala boy no go move this thread to FP ni. Explorers baba keep it coming in, am enjoying it.
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Amyceilyn(f): 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Fascinating
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
ellahzy:

hello dear
wow! where is the research centre located?.

what department are u in
Hi

Port Harcourt based?

If yes, the Research Centre is located at Aluu, Rivers State, Federal Government owned.

I finished from UNIPORT, AEB.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by VickyRotex(f): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
For everyone who thinks pineapples grows on trees.

cc: sleeky.shuga, VickyRo.tex, khalifah.sparkles, freec.ocoa

lol. Ofcourse I know it doesnt!
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Aroh48(m): 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
What $200,000,000 in cash looks like.
can you imagine?
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by sisisioge: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:

See you bro, some people dont know these things. Most especially the little girls of today like that sleekyshuga, they know little about farm/farming.

A girl asked that during maize harvest, why cutting them down? I thought they will just be harvesting only the corn again and again and the plants will remain standing just like normal fruit trees.

A 24yrs old girl said that early this year.

grin I fancy myself to love farming yet I didn't get to see the pineapple plant until my mid twenties. It was about the same time I saw ewe moimoi...it was unbelievable! I tot they grow differently. I meant I tot the moimoi leave grows on a tree. As for the pineapples, I tot they grow like big grapes...on a tree.
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by sheddy03: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
A public school lunch in Minnesota.
this a public school lunch!!!
damn! a rich mans meal in Africa.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by MrHenshaw: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
What $200,000,000 in cash looks like.

US Dollar dey learn work for where Naija dry.Let them try naija for the same amount.Na about 50 Dangote trailers go carry same amount for naira.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Ghostmachin3: 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
RealJaneDoe:

angry grin because I allowed you to stay there for one day you are now calling it your own

You leave today !!!
Both of you are living cus the house is mine i gave it to you on rent and while leaving u leave with jus yur clothes thats all#

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Ghostmachin3: 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
jagugu88li:

Some people I know only see the two ladies laying on their stomachs here, no clashing cultures
This should be beach outfit clash#
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Elkewwty(f): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
x6blade:
I saw this with my own eyes

What's that?
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
MuhdG:

All thanks to united states of america

20 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
MuhdG:

All thanks to united states of america

6 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
These two women are twins; biological sisters parented by a white father and a Jamaican mother.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4298456_84515360_jpegbe66bcae1b0074187f1b165f3c11e2f3

Mr Explorer, well done sir. I'm enjoying your compilation.

If my knowledge of Genetics serves me correctly, the man carries the recessive (hidden) black gene and the woman the recessive white gene. When they mated, the like/similar genes came together to produce these women - his hidden black gene combined with his wife's black gene to produce the black lady and vice versa for the white lady.

Same thing can be said for two individuals who aren't albinos and ended up having an albino child - meaning both carry the hidden albino gene, which in genetics is called RECESSIVE GENE while the visible gene is called DOMINANT GENE.

Genes don't lie!

19 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by lakesidepapa(m): 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
2016 BMW 7Series Production line.
Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) My favorite auto smiley
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Folksyharry(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
I can't believe I read every page on this thread. It's been very interesting going through the thread. OP you too much.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France / An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). / University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.