Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? (78791 Views)

Some Fascinating Images Gathered From Around The World. / Fascinating Images Of When Nature Fights Back / Some Collections Of Fascinating Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Sayelabola(m): 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
These two women are twins; biological sisters parented by a white father and a Jamaican mother.

Black is beautiful

10 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by smogup: 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
Faiz, 40, and Ghulam, 11, sit for a portrait in her home before their wedding in Afghanistan.

According to the U.S. Department of State report “Human Rights Practices for 2011,” approximately 60 percent of girls were married younger than the legal age of 16.

Once the girl’s father has agreed to the engagement, she is pulled out of school immediately.
Islama.bad

5 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by femlex(m): 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
It’s known as the Coiling Dragon Cliff skywalk, and as you can see, it certainly isn’t for the faint-hearted, but anybody who finds the courage to brave the walkway will be rewarded with an utterly breathtaking view that few will ever experience.

The are given soft footwears to protect the glass.

Oh boy I will faint several times

http://www.boredpanda.com/glass-bridge-tianmen-mountain-zhangjiajie-national-forest-park-hunan-china/
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by cooljoe(m): 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
worthy of fp. enjoyed the thread intoto. shared some of d pics with some of my pals. sweet stuff. more grease op
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by lucia34(f): 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
More ink to ur pen @explorer, I really enjoyed reading this thread
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by MagnaB: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
God bless Explorers
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
juicydiceyjoe:

And then the engine breaks down or fuel finishes...
O di GOBE!
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by freecocoa(f): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
In 1998, he helped save her after a devastating fire. In 2016, he watched her graduate from the college(Now Retired).

In the summer of 1998, Officer Peter Getz had just arrived at a burning apartment building in Hartford, Connecticut, when a firefighter handed him a 5-year-old girl who was unresponsive and covered in ash, the Courant reported.

With no time to wait for an ambulance, Getz placed the little girl in the back seat of his patrol car.

He immediately began CPR while his partner drove the car to the hospital.

By the time they reached the emergency room, the doctor said 'if they had waited a few more seconds for the ambulance to come in, she could have died.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/peter-getz-rescues-girl-graduation_us_57435c3fe4b045cc9a71af7d
Aww, so heartwarming. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
Chinese explorer Zheng, he’s ship compared to Christopher Columbus’ Santa Maria.

Both lived and sailed at the same time.

The Ajalas.
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
The Oval Office before a new president personalizes it.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4302269_20161001091430_jpeg4e6697fd885e78159f966bf57ca09359

Reminds me of Olivia Pope - Scandal!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by freecocoa(f): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
Boys eat at a rubbish dump where they are collecting recyclable waste outside Yemen's Red Sea port city of Houdieda.
I don't like to see things like this, they leave me haunted. cry cry

Kids shouldn't have to suffer.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by freecocoa(f): 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
One year later, face transplant recipient.

Back in 2001, when he was working as a firefighter, Hardison received horrific burns that severely deformed his face.

Strangers would stare, and children would react with fear, he says.

But that all changed in August 2015 when Hardison receivedthe most extensive face transplant ever done.

Now, a year after the transplant, the 42-year-old Mississippi native is able to live a more normal life than he ever thought possible.

source: http://www.popsci.com/one-year-later-face-transplant-recipient-just-normal-guy
No matter what anyone says or what has happened, I'm thankful for oyinbo people sha.cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by piperson(m): 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
Blood vessels of the head.

God is the greatest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
CSTR2:
If the continental United states of America was under a unitary system of governance like Nigeria, nobody would be able to govern it because it is just too big.
They practice a federalized system where enormous power has been dissolved to the respective states via the governors, the various legislative houses and various supreme courts for each of the states, and so effective governance has been made easy.

Very true. Each state has its own flag, slogan, and constitution. So what applies in Texas won't apply in Florida.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by freecocoa(f): 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
Seun, I think it's time you considered encouraging the OP in the form of cash for the job he does on this site, his threads are so far the most fascinating/educating on here these days.

Am I right or am I right people? cheesy

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by 1boylikevhis(m): 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
The remains of the astronaut Vladimir Komarov, a man who fell from space, 1967.

Mankind’s road to the stars had its unsung heroes. One of them was the Soviet cosmonaut Vladimir Komarov.

His spaceflight on Soyuz 1 made him the first Soviet cosmonaut to fly into outer space more than once, and he became the first human to die on a space mission. He was killed when the Soyuz 1 space capsule crashed after re-entry on April 24, 1967 due to a parachute failure.

However, because he died when the capsule crashed into ground, he is not considered the first human fatality in outer space. The below photograph shows the charred remains of Komarov being looked over by Soviet officials during his open casket funeral. Only a chipped heel bone survived the crash.

source: http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/astronaut-vladimir-komarov-man-fell-space-1967/
cc: Lalasticlala
Read something about this sometime around 2012. Creepy tale i tell you, I even scouted for the Recordings of his last transmissions, he was said to have cursed a lot. Poor Soul. his own still better pass Challenger mission, those ones didn't make it anywhere.
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by labamo07(m): 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
Most threads of front page are scanty now o, explorer don cause traffic for hin thread. Thumbs up man, I always look forward to your post, anytime, anyday...............
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by eyinjuege: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
The nostril of a blue whale.

The nose knows....

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by lonecat: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
Explorers:
What $200,000,000 in cash looks like.
in what dollar bills? (denomination)
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by etinanguy(m): 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
In 1979 this man was seen sobbing badly after his family left him behind for summer holidays. Runs out

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by labamo07(m): 10:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
freecocoa:
Seun, I think it's time you considered encouraging the OP in the form of cash for the job he does on this site, his threads are so far the most fascinating/educating on here these days.

Am I right or am I right people? cheesy
Seconded!!!! the dude deserves recognition (nairaland man of the year).....................

10 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
Amazing writeups, Explorers.. More ink to ur pen, Sir. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by kode12: 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
MEED Networks LTD, the premier Fibre Optics Trainer in Nigeria and FOA partner with over 10 yrs in Fibre Optic deployments all around the country invites all for this year's edition of the CFOT (Certified Fibre Optics Technician) Fibre Optics Training. This course is designed to cover both the theory, technology and field engineering aspects of fibre optics deployment. This is a 4-day training with an exam at the end leading to the internationally recognized FOA (CFOT)certification.
The course will provide students with a comprehensive overview of all aspects of fibre optics as used in modern communication systems.
Schedule:
Day 1.Introduction to Fibre Optics
Day 2.Splicing: Fusion, Mechanical and Termination Methods
Day 3.Testing and Troubleshooting
Day 4.Appraisal and Exams
No prior experience is required for this training.
Benefits
1. Acquiring the necessary technical skills to deploy and manage fibre optic systems in both domestic and industrial applications.
2. Ability to understand and identify current and future trends in the fibre optics business.
3. Effective deployment and management of current and future fibre optics project (which may include supervision of contractors and service providers, dealing with equipment vendors and regulatory agencies) and integrating seamlessly into nationwide fibre optic backbones for higher return on investment.
3. Free access to an in-depth knowledge base on Fibre Optic Deployment Projects by leveraging on over 25 years of experience in the South African Telecommunications and Structured Cabling Market.

There will be a 60% discount for all serving and recently passed out Youth Corps Members.
Provision for accommodation will be arranged for all students living out of state.

Address:
34 Burundi Street,
Off Damba Street,
Wuse Zone 5,Abuja.

Contact Numbers:07061925758,07046171463

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by 1boylikevhis(m): 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
OP. recommendations, Phineas Gage, and Mysteries of the Mutter Museum. feel they're worth mentioning.
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by smartoliver(m): 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
This dude has the most Interesting,most educating,most additive,most alluring,most intelligent,most touching..infact most everything goodest thread on Nairaland...bro,u're blessed..nice thread,I..infact,WE enJOYED it grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by chimoskyg(m): 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mehn bro Explorer you toooo much jor

1 chill African Special 4 u

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Saint52(m): 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
hahn:

No love lost smiley
No love found

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Priceless200(f): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
Wow! Can't believe I didn't blink till I got here, ... Explorer, never disappointing. Well done sir.
Fascinating facts beautifully embedded in pictures.
Well done.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by DjSwaga(m): 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
Let's giv it to explorer. Good to see a mindblowing thread here. Not all dos snakes and cossy's buubs

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by ipledge10(m): 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
MuhdG:

All thanks to united states of america
i dont know why people are quick to blame usa and leave the british alone...its those selfish British that gives false information.
Re: Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? by Dview: 11:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Fascinating.. One of the few times I get to read all the pages of a thread..and even comment. Nice work

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). / University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group / How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.