Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? (2288 Views)

Guys, What Physical Features Can't You Stand In Women? / Ladies, What Physical Features Can't You Stand In Men? / Pretty Igbo Lady And Biafran Soldier All Smile In Romantic Photo(1968 Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by rheether(f): 7:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
Can anyone offer a reasonable reason why smiling is forbidden on passport photos?
Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by Cutehector(m): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2016
Because it's used as a means of identification..

1 Like

Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by iceberylin(m): 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
You be wondering why you can't pose and the camera Clicks.... angry
Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by IamLEGEND1: 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
bcoz most people look like imbeciles when smiling.
Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by waxxydude: 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
I used to smile before, but i was buhari'ed, the economy no get joy atal. So why you want make i open teeth for passport.

And again, one of my front teeth lost. Let's all blame buhari.
Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
The day I saw a girl spray perfume and adjusting her trouser to snap passport. Na dat day I know say make up is spiritual.

Abeg perfume dey show for photo? Trouser dey show for passport?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
I think cos pp is usually for official purposes so, you just have a neutral look on your face...do not smile n do not frown
Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by firstking01(m): 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
Lol, what an observation.
Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by bitchcrafts: 11:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
rheether:
Can anyone offer a reasonable reason why smiling is forbidden on passport photos?
We need your real face bithc , more succinct look of u .
Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
rheether:

Smiling distorts or contorts the face. The lips, nose, cheeks, chin jaws. This distortion might hide marks and facial features important in positively identifying you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by ever811(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
I know the reason but I won't tell you....

Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by wyzoe: 11:48am On May 19, 2017
rheether:

Not only can you smile on your passport, you're also advised to wear polished shoes.

Ok seriously this time, you can smile. Seems to be in Nigeria only where this is prohibited. I've seen people with smiles in passports. Or passports with people's smiles.
Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by 3DCYCLOPS: 12:17pm On May 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

like The passport I used for my 100lvl screening..the way I was boning, the dean had to ask if I had a quarrel with the school grin
Re: Why Can't You Smile In Your Passport Photo? by oogalabs2: 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
rheether:

I am not sure there is any regulation that forbids smiling for the passport photo. It may just be a self made rule of the location you went to. Of course it won't make sense to laugh or giggle but mild smiling won't be bad.

(1) (Reply)

My Friendds New Girl Friend Is messin up... / Should A Man Date If He Is Still Struggling With Finances / BBNaija: Nina And Miracle Making Love Tonight!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.