Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? (6994 Views)

Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Healing And Deliverance For Believers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by izmango: 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
forreelinc:
grin ah ah na God tell you make you no dey watch your health?
so are u saying people do fall sick only because they don't take good care of themselves?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by DoctorAlien(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
Weah96:

I'm not a Christian, but what makes you say that the bible god's will can be contravened? There is clearly sickness in the world as we speak?

Hei! Eleyi gidi gan!

Brother, the answer to your question is in the part of my post you cut out.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by NobleG1(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
Jesuobu:
Well, I asked this question but I will give a response which I think the answer is and maybe you can give a different response which you think the answer is.

Sickness is a state where good health is missing and can also be described as something that is corrupting a good and healthy state of being. When Adam sinned, he condemned all of humanity to suffer the consequences of that sin, one of which is sickness. The sickness of someone can be the will of God but not in all cases because some people sick because of their own negligence and nonchalant attitude towards their own health and well being.

But again some ailment in some believers can be the will of God to bring about His sovereign purpose to glorify Himself and to exalt His holy name. God can devise so many approach to draw you close to Him and one of which is sickness and after your tussle with the ailment and your mind is finally made up to follow Christ, He will take away the ailment eventually and you will live your life like a new born baby.

God can also use sickness as a method of discipline or as a judgement against sin, though sickness is certainly the result of the fall of man into sin but God is very much in control and will never allow Satan to go beyond his boundaries in the life of a sick believer and the case of Job is an example of this.

So my dear nairalanders, do you think otherwise? If yes, please give your reasons. Thanks and God bless.

You said, "The sickness of someone can be the will of God but not in all cases because some people sick because of their own negligence and nonchalant attitude towards their own health and well being."

Do you think you actually made sense? You claimed your fictitious god make people sick and then contradicted yourself by saying "he doesn't cause all sicknesses".

Does anyone still wonder why religious people are confused and illogical?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by forreelinc(m): 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
izmango:
so are u saying people do fall sick only because they don't take good care of themselves?

Um.....yea
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by nkechiben(f): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
Jesuobu:
Well, I asked this question but I will give a response which I think the answer is and maybe you can give a different response which you think the answer is.

Sickness is a state where good health is missing and can also be described as something that is corrupting a good and healthy state of being. When Adam sinned, he condemned all of humanity to suffer the consequences of that sin, one of which is sickness. The sickness of someone can be the will of God but not in all cases because some people sick because of their own negligence and nonchalant attitude towards their own health and well being.

But again some ailment in some believers can be the will of God to bring about His sovereign purpose to glorify Himself and to exalt His holy name. God can devise so many approach to draw you close to Him and one of which is sickness and after your tussle with the ailment and your mind is finally made up to follow Christ, He will take away the ailment eventually and you will live your life like a new born baby.

God can also use sickness as a method of discipline or as a judgement against sin, though sickness is certainly the result of the fall of man into sin but God is very much in control and will never allow Satan to go beyond his boundaries in the life of a sick believer and the case of Job is an example of this.

So my dear nairalanders, do you think otherwise? If yes, please give your reasons. Thanks and God bless.

NO NO NO NO!

WHY?

BECAUSE

(Isaiah 53:4) says Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

(John 10:10) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

(John 19:30) When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
It is finished! all the works of satan including sicknesses of all kind.

Sickness is from the thief, the destroyer. which is the devil and his cohorts. God can never ever give sickness to his children, just as you cannot hurt your own biological children. Thanks

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by dueal(m): 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
A baby is born with a hole in the heart to prove God's sovereignty?

This kind of thinking is what keeps people in a mess and the world laughs.

Just because you cannot get someone out of the pit doesn't mean God doesn't want the person out of it.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by mctowel01: 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
4everGod1:
@ the OP I will speak using my personal life. I Once believed sickness was for everyone until I saw where the Bible said that if the spirit of God dwells in me He will give life to my mortal body and I took that scripture and applied it to my life 21yrs ago and till date I have NEVER been sick or visited any hospital for check up. I never suffer from any sickness even if there is an epidemic of it....I walk free.

Sickness is an infirmity and infirmities are not of God but life, strenght and peace are. If any man be in Christ old things are passed away...Behold ALL THINGS are become new.
This reeks of so much ignorance
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by 4everGod1: 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
Akshow:
it cos you practice healthy living. Open ur self to extreme cold and let's see if you won't suffer from pneumonia or hypothermia. Drink contaminated water and see if you don't wind up with typhoid. Sleep in a mosquito infested room for a month let's see if malaria won't catch you. Moral of the post. There is nothing supernatural in not getting sick. Stop ascribing every good thing to God. Give ursef some credit

I will respond to you as well as others who are skeptical one by one. I am a minister of the gospel and I do embark on crusades to remote villages and eat and drink what I am given there and never fall ill. Mosquitoes do bite me but nevet result in malaria or even typhoid.

Faith and absolute trust in the word of God works for me and if you cannot live my life then you cannot criticise it or complain about it for me.

Again I say that for 21yrs I have been sickness free. My body ptoduces life and not death.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by 4everGod1: 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
Davidsylva:
No headache too?

sometimes I stress my body and feel slight headache due to stress but rest solves it for me and not medication. My headache is stress related and not sickness related.

I hope you know the difference
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by 4everGod1: 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
allanphash7:
You must be prof in LIEING

If you cannot and do not live the life I do then you would always make this kind of statement which you just did.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by 4everGod1: 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Fingerprinter:

My brother! If I tell u say i no tire for the guy eh, na lie. All in a bid to consolidate his useless belief. grin grin grin

Can you guess how old I am now and when igave y life to Christ ad when I made alive the scripture on divine health which is working for me?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by trapQ: 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
No sire.
QuietHammer:

Is that not sickness?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by thesicilian: 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
ayodeleamg:

Have you ever reasoned that nothing happens to anyone without the permission from God ?
If not, it means God's control over His creation is limited
That I am yet to fully understand anyway, but I still have complete faith in Him.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Ironlion1(m): 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=QuietHammer post=49843858]How can someone claim not to have been sick for 21years ?[/quote

It's not just a claim but a reality. Just believe the word of God and it will work for you.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by 4everGod1: 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
mctowel01:

This reeks of so much ignorance

You do realise that your ignorance isnt mine. Faith in God transcends the natural so yes Naturally you seem to be ignorant of Spiritual Strenght and confidence.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by 4everGod1: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
QuietHammer:
How can someone claim not to have been sick for 21years ?

I made a truthful declaration and not a fictitious claim for I am living walking talking proof of one who by absolute trust in Gods word has been sickness free and in perfect health for 21yrs

1 Like

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by QuietHammer(m): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
4everGod1:

I made a truthful declaration and not a fictitious claim for I am living walking talking proof of one who by absolute trust in Gods word has been sickness free and in perfect health for 21yrs
Not even the common headache?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by QuietHammer(m): 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=Ironlion1 post=49859429][/quote]
Not even headache?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by QuietHammer(m): 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
trapQ:
No sire.
If you say so
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by 4everGod1: 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
QuietHammer:

Not even the common headache?

Thank you for classifying headache as common. Headache is either sickness induced or stress induced. I experience the stress induced kind once in a while due to the nature of my biz but all I do is rest and its all gone and I am ready to go again. I had to give you the 2 types of headache experiences so you would not assume all headaches are a sign of an illness.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Codes151(m): 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Don't be looking for work on nl... if your sicj U take drugs!!! When u drink the mood that was shared.., u will never thirst!!! Yes! But does that mean u should not drink water again Smh'' no dey find rubbish to write!
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by CashVessel(m): 12:39am On Oct 03, 2016
Jesuobu:

Your second to the last paragraph said alot, but we must understand that evil does not proceed from God. It is from the devil.. In Job's case God allowed it and does allow it in some other cases for his good and yours. He does not inflict you with sickness or anything bad because evil cannot proceed from him. The devil knows when you have fallen from faith or when the hedgw is broken and may inflict you with sickness.
Now sickness and disability are different. Disability may occur at the foetus level either by genetic abnormality which is still the result of sin or by accident or other things caused by mans activity.
In conclusion it is Gods will that we be in perfect health, and even when we fall sick, He has made provision for healing, both for sickness and disability.
However we must note that God doesnt force his will on us and has never done that, cos if he did, Adam would never have sinned.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is An Unbeliever/what Constitutes An Unbeliever? / Why Is Everyone Putting Jesus On Their Status?(pics) / What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.