Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not (5261 Views)

Pls Whats The Best Computer Professional Course To Do . ORACLE OR CISCO. / Team Humane App For The Blind Wins Microsoft Imagine Cup Nigeria 2016 / Whats the Basic Things To Know Before Learning Coding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by FrankLampard: 8:56am On Oct 08, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

I don't understand this, be clear.

But I mean, If I have a Node based app and I check builtwith.com, I may not see the server-side tech used but if I decided to use WordPress for the blog, or build the support centre on PHP then builtwith.com will report that PHP is the main server-side language used for the web-app which is misleading.

You got it wrong here. Those platform will simply list all the technologies used to create an application. Just the way it listed PHP as one of the technology used to create Google.

So if you used PHP it will simply list PHP, nothing like one being the main server or something. Pls reread all my posts.

The argument started when islam1001 said in other thread that you can't use PHP for anything enterprise. But I'm pointing to him that many companies has used it and will still be using it.
Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2016
FrankLampard:

You got it wrong here. Those platform will simply list all the technologies used to create an application. Just the way it listed PHP as one of the technology used to create Google.

So if you used PHP it will simply list PHP, nothing like one being the main server or something. Pls reread all my posts.

The argument started when islam101 said in other thread that you can't use PHP for anything enterprise. But I'm pointing to him that many companies has used it and will still be using it.
Oh okay, Roger that.
Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by islam1001: 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
FrankLampard:

The argument started when islam1001 said in other thread that you can't use PHP for anything enterprise. But I'm pointing to him that many companies has used it and will still be using it.

FrankLampard the name of the post was PHP sucks when building enterprise sotwares NOT php can,t be used for anything enterprise, u also pointed tat etranzact was built wit Php, everybody in nigeria software industry know that it absolutly not true...... I tink u sould question where builtwithit get their sources from

2 Likes

Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by FrankLampard: 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
islam1001:

FrankLampard the name of the post was PHP sucks when building enterprise sotwares NOT php can,t be used for anything enterprise, u also pointed tat etranzact was built wit Php, everybody in nigeria software industry know that it absolutly not true...... I tink u sould question where builtwithit get their sources from

Well I don't know where they got there source from, but I have tested it with the sites I have built and also sites that my developer friends have built too. There seem to be somewhat accurate. Only for some sites made with Python and NodeJ.

As a computer science major, I'm thought that computers GIGO. So a computer can never ever tell lies.

So if a computer tells me, A is A. I will never doubt. Because I'm made to believe the computer is 100% accurate.

I believe their code have been tested, before bringing it to production. I mean builtwith and co.

Thank you.
Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
FrankLampard:

As a computer science major, I'm thought that computers GIGO. So a computer can never ever tell lies.

So if a computer tells me, A is A. I will never doubt. Because I'm made to believe the computer is 100% accurate.

I believe their code have been tested, before bringing it to production. I mean builtwith and co.

Thank you.
The computer doesn't lie, but can be made to tell a lie (something they didn't teach you in school right?).

Garbage In Garbage Out, If builtwith.com put Garbage In, you're surely gonna get Garbage Out. Not a matter of computer accuracy but human error/poor algorithm.
Their algorithm may not just be good enough and most of them re-use open-source code that's why they are all so similar in functionality.
Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by FrankLampard: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

The computer doesn't lie, but can be made to tell a lie (something they didn't teach you in school right?).

If a computer is being made to tell lies, it will continue telling lies, and never the truth. It can't say the truth on websites A and tell a lie in website B. Provided source code remains constant.

It is never possible.

I won't argue about this again pls.
Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by kingofthejungle(m): 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
some people dne put php for head like religion
Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
FrankLampard:

If a computer is being made to tell lies, it will continue telling lies, and never the truth. It can't say the truth on websites A and tell a lie in website B. Provided source code remains constant.

It is never possible.

I won't argue about this again pls.
We are saying the same thing at this point nah, the computer isn't to be blamed, that means Website A and Website B's algorithm is bad/not fully efficient.
Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
kingofthejungle:
As in, I don't even understand the big deal anymore..
No matter the language, what you produce out of it is the most important thing.
Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
kingofthejungle:
There are people on this board that will be happy to do everything with php - from android app to ios to everything pata pata.
Re: Programming Langauges In Nigeria 2016: Whats Hot, Whats Not by islam1001: 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
FrankLampard:

Well I don't know where they got there source from, but I have tested it with the sites I have built and also sites that my developer friends have built too. There seem to be somewhat accurate. Only for some sites made with Python and NodeJ.

Thank you.

Well just like you I am a computer science major amd I know a computer does only what it is told to do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]? / Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications / Learn Programming And Be Equipped For The New Year( One On One Training )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.