Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,100 members, 7,842,167 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round (11629 Views)

Southern Ijaw Election Rerun....#bayelsaDecides Updates. / Is There Any Other Way Of Getting To Rivers State From Imo State? / JUNGLE JUSTICE! Civilian JTF Beheads 41 Boko Haram Members, Army Looks Other Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2009
Pro Anti:

During my service, I met this pretty Hausa girl and we struck an uncommon friendship. She was so nice and open and had lots of very friendly siblings. I met the mum, who was equally nice, and also the dad. The family was an educated bunch.
We fell in love, but as an apostle of d fight against pre-marital sex, we didnt hv sex. I finished my service and got an O&G job. We eventually discussed marriage but the response wasnt so nice. She was ready to do anything for me but told me her Family would never support her marrying a Christain especially a southern one. I did all I could to convince her parents all to no avail.

Right now I'm all alone still praying for the parents to change their mind. Please somebody, join me in prayers.

U never want to marry

I no go waste my prayers
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by ProAnti: 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2009
mikeansy:

U never want to marry

I no go waste my prayers

I'm ready to marry her.
I've got a lot of female friends but my heart isnt with them.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by gadogado(m): 1:42am On Oct 17, 2009
tpia.:

well, the ones I know (my relatives) have hausa mothers. Like I said, I dont know how the marriages happened. I guess my peeps got charisma or something cheesy j/k

Also, there are Hausa Christians as well though the "disinclination" to marry southerners might be irrespective of religion- I'm not sure.

notwithstanding, there are quite a lot of northern women/southern men marriages- they dont get a lot of publicity most likely for safety reasons.

I think generally, in the north, southerners arent seen as trustworthy partners maybe. Simply guessing. Religion aside.

umm, do you not think it has something to do with the way hausa/fulani people feel they are somewhat superior to southerners, isint that why they get so over protective of their women especially if it involves southern men coz they feeel hausa girls are simply too precious. for example, kola abiola, a yoruba muslim wanted to marry aisha babangida (IBB's daughter) at some point but the IBB people were vehemently against it, why?even though they are the same religion,well maybe politics was involved too, but name one "big man" from the south who is married to a hausa fulani woman, im sure you'll not be able to give names, but there are many hausa men who are married to southern women, like IBB who is part fulani part gwari. or atiku who is fulani and many others!!
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 17, 2009
gadogado:

umm, do you not think it has something to do with the way hausa/fulani people feel they are somewhat superior to southerners, isint that why they get so over protective of their women especially if it involves southern men coz they feeel hausa girls are simply too precious. for example, kola abiola, a yoruba muslim wanted to marry aisha babangida (IBB's daughter) at some point but the IBB people were vehemently against it, why?even though they are the same religion,well maybe politics was involved too, but name one "big man" from the south who is married to a hausa fulani woman, im sure you'll not be able to give names, but there are many hausa men who are married to southern women, like IBB who is part fulani part gwari. or atiku who is fulani and many others!!

dont know IBB's reason for not wanting his daughter to marry Kola Abiola but it doesnt mean it was because he's from the south. All these bigwigs know a lot about each other so there's a lot of stuff under wraps. It probably had more to do with politics. His daughter is half southern midwest anyway and Kola eventually still got married to another lady from the midwest if I have my facts right.

I dont know any names offhand of famous southern men/northern women marriages but there are many I'm sure. People just wont advertise it thats all.

some prefer to keep a low profile because of tribal hatreds and general instability.

and yes- northerners are protective of their women to a large extent. The women themselves may generally prefer fellow northerners for marriage.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by becomrich15: 2:07am On Oct 17, 2009
Who ever started this thread, thinks we care if atiku married a yoruba woman,. Who cares. I would never vote for him.

If anybody most lead a person, we most look at what he as done. What have he done for the Yorubas. Nothing.

Who care who is manipulating your genital part. If you like marry 1000 yorubas women. And dont think that would hold yorubas downs . So if 1 yoruba person marry a northerner. Should we because of that risk the life of our people.

Only stupid people think that way. Wise people dont.

Many nigerian are married to white. And thier wife have a different citizen. So it is not bad when we remove the yorubas, edo,delta and bayelsa into benin republic. that thier wife have a different passport, what is the big deal. most nigerian abroad thier wife have a different passort, so atiku wifewould be have to do the same.

Does atiku wife have four head on her head, what make her so special than nigeria would are married to people from other countries.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by AloyEmeka6: 2:11am On Oct 17, 2009
gadogado:

umm, do you not think it has something to do with the way hausa/fulani people feel they are somewhat superior to southerners, isint that why they get so over protective of their women especially if it involves southern men coz they feeel hausa girls are simply too precious[b]. for example, kola abiola, a yoruba muslim wanted to marry aisha babangida (IBB's daughter) at some point but the IBB people were vehemently against it,[/b] why?even though they are the same religion,well maybe politics was involved too, but name one "big man" from the south who is married to a hausa fulani woman, im sure you'll not be able to give names, but there are many hausa men who are married to southern women, like IBB who is part fulani part gwari. or atiku who is fulani and many others!!

Is IBB a polygamist?. If no, what makes you think he will like his first daughter to marry Kola who already has one wife and 3 children?. You talk of superiority yet your men run down south to marry southern women. If it's superiority issue, then the men will not be marrying from the south. My cousin is a physician and did his housemanship in Maiduri. He came home with a christian Hausa girl and they have 3 children now.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by AloyEmeka6: 2:14am On Oct 17, 2009
becomrich,:

Who ever started this thread, thinks we care if atiku married a yoruba woman,. Who cares. I would never vote for him.

If anybody most lead a person, we most look at what he as done. What have think done for the Yorubas. Nothing.

Who care who is manipulating your genital part. If you like marry 1000 yorubas women. And dont think that would hold yorubas downs . So if 1 yoruba person marry a northerner. Should we because of that risk the life of our people.

Only stupid people think that way. Wise people dont.

Many nigerian are married to white. And thier wife have a different citizen. So it is not bad when we remove the yorubas, edo,delta and bayelsa into benin republic. that thier wife have a different passport, what is the big deal. most nigerian abroad thier wife have a different passort, so atiku wifewould be have to do the same.

Does atiku wife have four head on his head, what make her so special than nigeria would are married to people from other countries.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by prettyG: 2:52am On Oct 17, 2009
El-Rufai's sister in-law is married to an Ondo man.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by gadogado(m): 3:10am On Oct 17, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Is IBB a polygamist?. If no, what makes you think he will like his first daughter to marry Kola who already has one wife and 3 children?.  You talk of superiority yet your men run down south to marry southern women. If it's superiority issue, then the men will not be marrying from the south. My cousin is a physician and did his housemanship in Maiduri. He came home with a christian Hausa girl and they  have 3 children now.
cheif emeka, a few points of correction for you
1) IBB is not a monogamist, the daughter in question (after her marrigage with abacha's nephew fell apart) married the zamfara state governor and she's the third or fourth wife.
2) i have never seen a hausa or fulani christian, they just dont exist and im from the north, your cousin married someone from a small tribe in the north, there are many of them there and they are treated as 2nd class citizens like katafs from southern kaduna,they speak hausa with funny accents and have their own languages. hausas are about 98% muslim

3) you can tell when a group has feelings of racial superiority by how protective they are of their women.case in point.african american men couldnt even look at white women in the 40's and 50's otherwise they'd hang them but whites had regular sex with black female slaves freely and even after slavery. example.emmett till
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by Nobody: 3:36am On Oct 17, 2009
african american men couldnt even look at white women in the 40's and 50's otherwise they'd hang them

^^ that was America.

The same didnt always hold for parts of Europe, including the UK. In any case, does it really matter.

i have never seen a hausa or fulani christian, they just dont exist and im from the north

they exist.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by OAM4J: 3:44am On Oct 17, 2009
gadogado:

1) IBB is not a monogamist, the daughter in question (after her marrigage with abacha's nephew fell apart) married the zamfara state governor and she's the third or fourth wife.
2) i have never seen a hausa or fulani christian, they just dont exist and im from the north, your cousin married someone from a small tribe in the north, there are many of them there and they are treated as 2nd class citizens like katafs from southern kaduna,they speak hausa with funny accents and have their own languages. hausas are about 98% muslim

3) you can tell when a group has feelings of racial superiority by how protective they are of their women.case in point.african american men couldnt even look at white women in the 40's and 50's otherwise they'd hang them but whites had regular sex with black female slaves freely and even after slavery. example.emmett till

Lets just say I agree with your 3rd point for comments sake; now, white girsl just cant have enough of blackmen di-cks, it therefore means a time is comming when hausa girls pu-ssy will be cheap and easy all over the south of Nigeria. Not that it is not available or cheap now, it's just not open yet. I did my NYSC in Sokoto, and I cannot count how many fully blown hausa/fulani girls my guys fu-cked, especially the very young ones that threw away thier virginity at us just like that. So get the superiority complex out of ya head.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by Nobody: 3:50am On Oct 17, 2009
all this men marrying out of the group vs women marrying out of the group makes for fascinating scientific analysis I''m sure.

I read an article about this kind of thing once.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by GEW: 4:03am On Oct 17, 2009
gadogado:

you need to go out more.  how can you say hausa and fulani christians dont exist.  are you 10 or 8?

[/quote][quote author=OAM4J link=topic=338326.msg4749743#msg4749743 date=1255747485]
Lets just say I agree with your 3rd point for comments sake; now, white girsl just cant have enough of blackmen di-cks, it therefore means a time is comming when hausa girls pu-ssy will be cheap and easy all over the south of Nigeria. Not that it is not available or cheap now, it's just not open yet I did my NYSC in Sokoto, and I cannot count how many fully blown hausa/fulani girls my guys fu-cked, especially the very young ones that threw away thier virginity at us just like that. So get the superiority complex out of ya head. 

thank you.  you are right. always tot it was easier sleeping with an hausa girl than any other girl. you only need to live amongst or near them to get past the religious charade they put on
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 17, 2009
gadogado:

I see most Nigerians like you as shameless bastards and I have no single respect for them! angry
Can you imagine how a foreign religion has turned you into a beast?

Once again, read this:

nuzo:

*Reasons why you may not have noticed many southern men/northern women marriages are:

1. Southerners may not be interested in such marriages.

2. You will have to convert to Islam before her family will fully accept you as a son in-law.

3. Cultural and religious differences.

4. Distance.

5. Most southern men, Igbos especially dont like marrying outside their locality, coupled with the memories of the Biafran war.

*Reasons northern men marry southern women:

1. A supposedly big reward awaits muslims who converts an "Infidel" to Islam.

2. Love.

3. Location and convenience.

4. Complexion.

5. Stability in marriage.

6. Literate southern women.

7. The secret desire to explore the open mindedness of southern women.

8. Good sex (unconfirmed). grin
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by Abuzola(m): 10:53am On Oct 17, 2009
Subhanallahi ! TPIA your father hausa ? What a ?

@prof anti- Your dream will never come true except you convert her or you convert her to xtrianity, it is an abomination for a muslim woman to marry a xtrian but a muslim man can marry a xtrian.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by NaijaGoat: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2009
Pro Anti:

We fell in love, but as an apostle of d fight against pre-marital sex, we didnt hv sex.

Big mistake! She needed to taste the goods. . . and you chickened out.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by Twy: 11:49am On Oct 17, 2009
Yomi Edu was once married to Fatima Wali.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by PapaBrowne(m): 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2009
My answer might be stereotypical, but it is correct.

Northern women do not have the freedom to chose whom to marry. Their husbands are usually chosen for them.

Even the daughter of a man as powerful as the president had to be traded off for political reasons. Yar Adua traded off all his daughters for his own selfish political purposes.

Southern women on the other hand because they have a certain degree of autonomy can chose a husband from any tribe, race, religion or creed!

1 Like

Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by udezue(m): 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2009
Pro anti,
Just move and find you a southern girl for some southern hospitality. Why are u wasting your time with ppl who don't want you? Keep it up and they will turn you into Suya during the next Sharia riot. I will pray for you.

Emeka,

You are a big dunce. Marrying blood thirsty moronic uncircumsized Hausa-Fulani bow and arrow wielding men is still an abomination that can only be committed by bonafide Igbo whores.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by ProAnti: 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2009
udezue:

Pro anti,
Just move and find you a southern girl for some southern hospitality. Why are u wasting your time with ppl who don't want you? Keep it up and they will turn you into Suya during the next Sharia riot. I will pray for you.

Yet to meet the right southern girl. Yet to meet the girl that can make me think less about Halima.
Anyway, thanks for the advice.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by udezue(m): 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2009
You can try Middlebelt babes. Idoma, Igala, Tiv, Berom, etc. Sweet like southern honey bees grin
Halima Uhm I had a thing with a naija chick with that name but we didn't go far enough.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by Abuzola(m): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2009
Udueze, am a living witness, my friends up to 5 are marrying igbo girls. So shut ur trap
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by udezue(m): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2009
5 igbo whores ofcourse we got whores and thank ur gworo eatin friends for taking our garbage. We love em for that.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by gadogado(m): 2:18am On Oct 18, 2009
tpia.:

^^ that was America.

The same didnt always hold for parts of Europe, including the UK. In any case, does it really matter.

they exist.

no they dont
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by gadogado(m): 2:20am On Oct 18, 2009
udezue:

5 igbo whores ofcourse we got whores and thank your gworo eatin friends for taking our garbage. We love em for that.
this dude, you're weird!!no point talking to you coz you clearly lack basic civility
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by gadogado(m): 2:22am On Oct 18, 2009
udezue:

Pro anti,

Emeka,

You are a big dunce. Marrying blood thirsty moronic uncircumsized Hausa-Fulani bow and arrow wielding men is still an abomination that can only be committed by bonafide Igbo whores.

hausa girls dont wanna be with igbo blood sucking cannibalistic juju worshipping 419ners
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by agabaI23(m): 2:25am On Oct 18, 2009
They don't have enough to spare southerners. Like someone said, they marry 1 to 4. So some men are left without and some need more to make up the number. That is why the rich ones who can afford the bride price go down south to make up the number. grin
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by gadogado(m): 2:26am On Oct 18, 2009
nuzo:

I see most Nigerians like you as shameless bastards and I have no single respect for them! angry
Can you imagine how a foreign religion has turned you into a beast?

Once again, read this:

sorry dont agree with your analysis, open minded women exist in every corner of this earth.and even muslim southerners cant marry hausa women so there goes that argument!!re think and get back to me
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 18, 2009
gadogado:

no they dont

why do you keep insisting they dont exist when everyone knows they do?

what of Arab Christians- do they also not exist since you never met any?
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by bawomolo(m): 4:24am On Oct 18, 2009
don't you guys see what this thread is about.

This is a thread for gadogado to brag about how northern men marry southern women.

are we supposed to be offended by that or something?  who freaking cares. 

tpia - ignore the dude
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by udezue(m): 4:51am On Oct 18, 2009
Gadoidiot,
if that is the case then why are you bitching? Please if you are Hausa keep your filthy self up north we don't need our people mixing up genes and heritage with people like you. Imagine telling my grand son or kids that he has lineage of mass murderers. People know for nothing but ethnic cleansing. We don't need young southerners with your lineage waking up to slaughter ppl coz thats what you are known for. It must be n your DNA to kill. Blood thirsty animals.
Re: How Come Northern Men Can Marry Southern Women But Never The Other Way Round by dayokanu(m): 8:39am On Oct 18, 2009
The scarcity of educated Northern women make the rich Northern men break the bank to marry the more educated and enlightened Southerner who would be able to speak ENglish and go to meetings. The Hausa wives are locked indoors, The Southern woman is the Poster wife.

Who ever heard of IBB's Northern wife or Atiku's (Titi and Jemila were the ones who could speak good English)

He communicates in Hausa with the rest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road / 145 Aggrieved Pro-Atiku Support Groups Endorse Buhari / Fayemi Congratulates Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, APC Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.