Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. (48982 Views)

See!! Full Specifications Of Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini. / The Prices Of Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Will Surprise You / Gionee M6 And M6 Plus Official Specsand Price In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by dmgr(m): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
oolooree49:
Go for Tecno L8 plus, u will not like to use another phone in ur life again

hve u used the phne? If yes tell me hw it is coz am plannin to gt one nd the camera hw nice it is?
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by MizMyColi(f): 6:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
Elxandre:

I'm not talking about bug fixes, but actual OS upgrade.

Samsung gives updates and upgrades to their Flagship phones.
Phantom, Boom J8 haven't still received Marshmallow after several months now.

There's no defending Tecno here.
You don't refuse updates to your flagship devices just to sell a new phone. It's fraudulent.

You people should pass the message across.

I'm actually thinking like a business woman here.

Thank God you mentioned flagship phones.

If you compare how much it costs to buy a Samsung flagship phone and how much it costs to buy a Tecno flagship phone then you might find that there is no need for this discussion.

If they decide to roll out OS upgrades, good and fine. If they don't, I won't fault them.

The only place I would fault them is if they don't release updates to fix bugs et bloat wares.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Elxandre(m): 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
MizMyColi:

If you compare how much it costs to buy a Samsung flagship phone and how much it costs to buy a Tecno flagship phone then you might find that there is no need for this discussion.

If they decide to roll out OS upgrades, good and fine. If they don't, I won't fault them.

The only place I would fault them is if they don't release updates to fix bugs et bloat wares.
I recall Tecno promising to update one of their flagships to Marshmallow, but they never did.
You support dubiousness?

There's a reason Xiaomi and Infinix have so much goodwill.
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by KingRex1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
MizMyColi:

I got close peeps who do. I hope to Join someday if there is a vacancy that fits my skill set.
You seem like an ambassador already.

I remember few months back, while at the mall, I was faced with making a choice. I quickly googled the w4. The only credible review I could see was urs smiley
Didn't buy it tho, went for something else tongue

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by waleylagboy: 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
i must get this
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by buoye1(m): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
Some folks trying to compare Tecno, infinix with Gionee are just crazy!

Be comparing Hazard,Victor Moses with Messi

2 Likes

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Ebimablog: 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
MizMyColi:

And you are sure of this no update thing?
Tell me, does Samsung release updates for all its devices, especially that of operating systems?

If they give you upgrades like that, why then would anyone wanna change their device?

Are you feigning ignorance over the news that they (Tecno) released across board updates for selected devices.

Those who have their new gen devices can testify that they are sometimes prompted to download and install certain updates that are meant to either fix or upgrade certain functions.

I'm aware that sometimes users complain of hanging after receiving these updates et al.
That's the one thing I would advice their developers to work on.

I see a brand that has started factoring in consumer complaints. They might not be there yet in terms of these releases but they have taken a step in the right direction.

It's only a matter of time....

Are u aware p6. Is a flagship device and by that status ought to get regular upgrades. My J5 already got the ota upgrade to Android 6,but yet to upgrade it
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by simpleseyi: 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
Who will use about 100,000 naira to buy chinko phone? Has chinkos too started using juju on Nigerians?
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Decale: 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
MizMyColi:

Flagship phones ke?

Samsung updated their low end phones, Motorola, Xiaomi, Xperias, HTCs even Huawei. Most of these phones were cheaper than the phantom 5 when they came out. Even phones like Galaxy A5 2016, cheaper than the phantom 6 would still get updates.

Tecno is just meant for the gullible
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
youmour:

I was in your shoes some week back,I had 140k I had budgeted for a high end phone but when I thought about the economy I looked myself in the mirror to check if I'm truly running mad,I almost did.when I came back to my senses I decided to take a stroll to the mall and I saw a phone shop displaying all these bad asss devices and I just swallow spit and kept moving,right there and then a guy approached me that he have phones to sell and I asked which,he said iPhone 5s and samsung s5,I bought the samsung for 40k and trust me when I tell you this,that phone na smart phone.matter of fact I can authoritatively tell you it's top 3 one of the best phone I have seen.imagine I still have 100k in my pocket for emergency.
,you are lucky, I envy you
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by MizMyColi(f): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
KingRex1:

You seem like an ambassador already.

I remember few months back, while at the mall, I was faced with making a choice. I quickly googled the w4. The only credible review I could see was urs smiley
Didn't buy it tho, went for something else tongue

Waow.

Ambassador? That one heavy o.
Lol

I just do what I do for the Love basically.
I'm also opportune to use their device when it gets released cos my pals feel I can write and express myself really well.

Hehehehehehe.
Which device did you go for?

Jokes apart, those guys are improving daily.

My boss once had a bad experience with a Tecno device of old. I have too.
Since then if you mention Tecno, the kind of side eye you will receive ehn.

I used the Camon C9 briefly and his wife came around one day and handled the device, I showed her some little little features I liked about the device, I was surprised when she called Slot to bring one for her. She even instructed our receptionist to make sure I check it out before paying the delivery guy.

Few weeks later, I saw my boss using the W3.
And I'm like shocked shocked shocked shocked

Then last week or so, he sent me to go and buy a Lenovo tablet for him.

I'm like the only very Tech savvy person in my office and he knew I could be trusted not to bloat the price.

I searched for that specific Lenovo Tab ehn.
I trekked no be small that day.
After I felt really exhausted, I called him and told him I couldn't find one and he told me to by him a tecno tab cheesy

I was like....huh!? I didn't say that to his hearing o cheesy
I went into 3c hub and I could see people checking out the just released Phantom6plus.

I felt this measure of pride that somehow my actions and inactions were getting folks to become Tecno converts. It felt really satisfying.

I got him a Droipad 8D, Paid and Left.

I told him the original price I bought it, but I made sure to deduct enough money to cover my stress that day before paying back the change to his account.

Oopsgrin
Hope I didn't bore you o.
I just felt like journaling.
I might refer to this someday when I decide to apply for one big position at Tecno and they ask me...."Madam, why should we employ you?"

grin

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by MizMyColi(f): 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
Decale:

Flagship phones ke?

Samsung updated their low end phones, Motorola, Xiaomi, Xperias, HTCs even Huawei. Most of these phones were cheaper than the phantom 5 when they came out. Even phones like Galaxy A5 2016, cheaper than the phantom 6 would still get updates.

Tecno is just meant for the gullible

Is it update or upgrade?
In this context, those should be two different terms.

They released marshmallow for Camon C8.
That is a good step in the right direction.

It is only on Nairaland that I see folks making issues out of non issues when it comes to Tecno.

Personally, I prefer Kit Kat to Marshmallow sef.
The only reason I will clamor for 6'0 is because I want to be seen as being in vogue.

For me, upgrade or no upgrade, as long as the device delivers, I'm fine.

You guys really need to stop making it look like the OS upgrade thing is some right that must be delivered to you.

It should be the brand's prerogative. As you well know, A device's OS is a major selling point.
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by MizMyColi(f): 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ebimablog:

Are u aware p6. Is a flagship device and by that status ought to get regular upgrades. My J5 already got the ota upgrade to Android 6,but yet to upgrade it

You don't know about P6 more than I do.
I held a pre-design of the phone in my hands and I knew before a lot of people that it would come with 10 cores.

If I am buying a device, I factor in the device's OS at the time.

I really don't expect an upgrade.
If they decide to, no problem. Better self.

That shouldn't give me reason to wail or complain like they've defrauded me.
After all, they did not state anywhere in the warranty card or manual that they will give me upgrade of OS.

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by MizMyColi(f): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
Mindfulness cheesy

I was going to ask you to Chip in a thing or two then I remembered this is a topic for Locales. Lol.

Awayu joorsmiley smiley kiss

I take it you've been busy lately.

My TL is not the same without you and Crackhaus' bantersgrin

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
MizMyColi:
Mindfulness cheesy

I was going to ask you to Chip in a thing or two then I remembered this is a topic for Locales. Lol.

Awayu joorsmiley smiley kiss

I take it you've been busy lately.

My TL is not the same without you and Crackhaus' bantersgrin

If I was not so crazy about apple, I would get a Tecno. You have been very convincing. I will never again get a Samsung. wink

Crackhaus is in jail again. He is so criminal. When i read his last post, I was asking myself why he will not confront people in a more civil way angry and next thing I knew was that he was gone. undecided

What can I do? I will keep enjoying myself like I always do.

How far my dear? When is the date? smiley kiss kiss
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Ryabcool(m): 7:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
lilmax:
MERC,BMW,Toyota,what's the difference? they are all cars abi?
lol your analogy is flawed. What I'm addressing is the asian factor here. Don't try to twist my words. If we were discussing cars, the right analogy would be Honda VS Toyota, wherein one person is saying Toyota is miles better than Honda and on the same level with a Benz. When in actual fact, they are both plastic Asian products.

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Onyenna(m): 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
2dugged:
it's high o,wanted to change my phone, but this price is not economical at all

A family friend bought his Marathon M6 for about N72k last two months.....i bought my marathon M5 N62.5k last month. ...
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Onyenna(m): 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
miremoses:
it would be from 90k to 100k.no official price yet.

A family friend bought his Marathon M6 for about N72k last month.(or last two months)....
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by MizMyColi(f): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
Mindfulness:

If I was not so crazy about apple, I would get a Tecno. You have been very convincing. I will never again get a Samsung. wink

Crackhaus is in jail again. He is so criminal. When i read his last post, I was asking myself why he will not confront people in a more civil way angry and next thing I knew was that he was gone. undecided

What can I do? I will keep enjoying myself like I always do.

How far my dear? When is the date? smiley kiss kiss

Just imagine o.
I just finished typing a reply with all my heart and smiles and next thing, my browser shut down. Smh.

Hehehehehehe

Now that you give this compliment, I just might write to the Oga at the top as per employmentcheesy

Lol
I was going to ask Him "Why nau" but I remembered I got banned till 2026 yesterday.
I've not been a good girl eithergrin
I switched to that account to give one NLer like that a dose of my mind. The verbal attacks were becoming insanely obsessive.

Hehehehehehe
Make that enjoyment ish a thing for twocheesy
You inspire, really.

About Samsung, does this have to do with exploding batteries? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by flowjoe: 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
ifyeez:
Aroma Themed from XDA
hmm ur a member of xda? nice
how did u source it?
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
Onyenna:

A family friend bought his Marathon M6 for about N72k last two months.....i bought my marathon M5 N62.5k last month. ...
ok,but i am interested in the battery life comaprism between the two,I really need a phone with good battery life
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by kvngjesse(m): 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
MizMyColi:

Just imagine o.
I just finished typing a reply with all my heart and smiles and next thing, my browser shut down. Smh.

Hehehehehehe

Now that you give this compliment, I just might write to the Oga at the top as per employmentcheesy

Lol
I was going to ask Him "Why nau" but I remembered I got banned till 2026 yesterday.
I switched to that account to give one NLer like that a dose of my mind. The verbal attacks were becoming insanely obsessive.

Hehehehehehe
You inspire, really.

About Samsung, does this have to do with exploding batteries? grin grin grin grin grin grin

So ma'am what device are you using now?
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by MizMyColi(f): 7:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
kvngjesse:

So ma'am what device are you using now?

Anytime I'm asked what device I'm using now, it feels saddening having to remember that two of my Tecno devices were stolen from me.
at different times and then my BB Q10 too.

I use an LG/iPhone at the mo.

Why you ask?

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Onyenna(m): 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
2dugged:
ok,but i am interested in the battery life comaprism between the two,I really need a phone with good battery life

My marathon m5's battery can last almost 2 days with internet connection.....I'm yet to handle M6 so i can't really compare the two phones based on Battery performance ( but mine is 6020mah while his own is 5000mah) ...so i guess/know my M5 should last longer......though he told me his m6 can last the whole day(..and trust me, he's quite a heavy user.. )....
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
MizMyColi:

Just imagine o.

Hehehehehehe

Lol

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere. cheesy
Do whatever feels good to you. wink

Hehehehehehe
You inspire, really.

You too hun, very much. I love your passion and eagerness.

No, thankfully not but the last one had a battery problem six months after I got it. angry

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
Onyenna:

My marathon m5's battery can last almost 2 days with internet connection.....I'm yet to handle M6 so i can't really compare the two phones based on Battery performance ( but mine is 6020mah while his own is 5000mah) ...so i guess/know my M5 should last longer......though he told me his m6 can last the whole day(..and trust me, he's quite a heavy user.. )....
ok,but what about the camera of M5,cos I heard the camera for m6 is slightly better
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by Decale: 8:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
MizMyColi:

Is it update or upgrade?
In this context, those should be two different terms.

They released marshmallow for Camon C8.
That is a good step in the right direction.

It is only on Nairaland that I see folks making issues out of non issues when it comes to Tecno.

Personally, I prefer Kit Kat to Marshmallow sef.
The only reason I will clamor for 6'0 is because I want to be seen as being in vogue.

For me, upgrade or no upgrade, as long as the device delivers, I'm fine.

You guys really need to stop making it look like the OS upgrade thing is some right that must be delivered to you

It should be the brand's prerogative. As you well know, A device's OS is a major selling point.

It is a right.

Wet customers stick to a brand cos of its future proof reliability. When an upgrade comes up, the changelog makes it exciting for users to move to. You can agree that upgrade isn't going to the norm but improving on what was and adding new features.

If Apple wasn't upgrading all their phones at the same time even 4 year old flagships, no one would stick to them
If Samsung neglected mid tier phones in their updates, people won't buy the next iteration
Same logic makes Xiaomi the 3rd big thing this year. Their updates are seamless and they've taken the world by a storm.

Tecno is doing one thing right: Price. They left the other attractive option which would hurt them in a long run. They won't take over anywhere not even Northeast in Nigeria if they kill their devices barely one year it got released

Salu
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by kvngjesse(m): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
MizMyColi:

Anytime I'm asked what device I'm using now, it feels saddening having to remember that two of my Tecno devices were stolen from me.
at different times and then my BB Q10 too.

I use an LG/iPhone at the mo.

Why you ask?
Just asking, been following your comments.

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by MizMyColi(f): 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
kvngjesse:

Just asking, been following your comments.

Okay, thank yousmiley
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by kvngjesse(m): 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
MizMyColi:

Okay, thank yousmiley
Yh..

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by jcharles016(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
Gionee all the way...
Re: The New Gionee M6, M6 Plus And M6 Mini Smartphones. by MizMyColi(f): 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
Decale:

It is a right.

Wet customers stick to a brand cos of its future proof reliability. When an upgrade comes up, the changelog makes it exciting for users to move to. You can agree that upgrade isn't going to the norm but improving on what was and adding new features.

If Apple wasn't upgrading all their phones at the same time even 4 year old flagships, no one would stick to them
If Samsung neglected mid tier phones in their updates, people won't buy the next iteration
Same logic makes Xiaomi the 3rd big thing this year. Their updates are seamless and they've taken the world by a storm.

Tecno is doing one thing right: Price. They left the other attractive option which would hurt them in a long run. They won't take over anywhere not even Northeast in Nigeria if they kill their devices barely one year it got released

Salu
You mentioned one thing - Price.

Let us put the P6 plus in perspective here.

If Samsung were to produce the exact specs, we can agree that we will be looking at a phone that will be 2x or2.5x the price. First because of the specs and second because it's SAMSUNG (A boss in the smartphone tech game).

If I buy a phone that expensive, it is only normal to expect heaven and earth.

Apple updates all their devices because it is Apple's iOS.

The same cannot be said about mobile phone manufacturers who use Android OS.

They do their upgrades selectively.

Tecno also released an upgrade for their CamonC8.

You can't call it a right. On what ground?
If they choose to as a way to keep their customers, good and fine.

Otherwise, it is not by force.

These updates before they are rolled out consume some form of resources mostly financial.

Now you need to understand that while fixing the price for some of these devices, the price of getting an upgrade must have been factored in to arrive at the final cost.
This is just a theory. I'm not saying it's a given.

See ehn, me I don't care about upgrades per se.
I see a device, I buy it.
If I want something higher, I go for another.

Three of my Fam use Samsung. Two are flagships. Upgrade has never smelled their device. They are not complaining.

I use LG, no upgrade.

So how will I know the device that will get upgrade and the one that won't?

Sometimes they indicate, right?
Especially when you need to buy a new device and you see stuff like "upgradable to lollipop"

In that case ^^ it becomes a right. Asides that, it isn't.

Oh, and here in Nigeria, Tecno ti take over.
Facts don't lie. Forget all this our Nairaland debate ontop nothing. Chinese OEMs in general have largest market share.

Tecno leads in that regard.
Even my Gionee brothers know thisgrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Girl Hides Her New Iphone7 In Her Panties For 'Security Reason' (Funny Video) / Universal Charger: Do People Still Use This? / Thailand: Football Fan Electrocuted By His Phone As He Watched A Match On Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.