Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,540 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ (1317 Views)

NBC Ceded Part Of Delta Oil Wells To Ondo State / Jonathan Accused Of Annexing Rivers Oil Wells To Bayelsa / Government Returns Oil Wells To Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by okeey(m): 8:29am On Oct 16, 2009
THE Bayelsa State governor, Chief Timipre Sylva, has called the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Dimeji Bankole, a liar and warned him to stop spreading lies about the revenue of the state.

Speaking with State House reporters after a meeting with President Umaru Yar’Adua, on Thursday, Governor Sylva said he was surprised that a public officer like Honourable Bankole could dish out incorrect figures of monthly revenue of Bayelsa State to the public.

The speaker had, at a function in Kaduna recently, chided the governors of the Niger Delta states over the poor management of the revenue they earned from the federation account every month.

However, Governor Sylva denied that his state got more than nine times the revenue of Lagos as claimed by Bankole. “Last month, what I got from the Federation Account was N4.7 billion, the month before that, I got N4.2 billion and I am sure that is not up to 9.2 times what Lagos State got, that is not true,” he said.

Governor Sylva said “Niger Delta is not easy to develop. Lagos State was already developed with Nigeria money; since it was the capital of Nigeria before it was moved to Abuja. I am not saying the Lagos State governor is not doing well, in fact, he is doing very, very well. I think it is improper to compare Lagos to Bayelsa.”

Also, the Cross River State governor, Senator Liyel Imoke, has lamented that the ceding of oil wells formerly belonging to the state to Akwa Ibom has reduced the revenue meant for the state.

Imoke spoke with State House correspondents after he led a delegation of elders from the state to visit President Yar’Adua in Abuja.

“Well the challenges are significant because we have to review our budget and our projections considerably, but we are very hopeful of the resolution and restoration in the very near future.”

When reminded that there were no militants in Cross River State, he said “we want to believe that we don’t have militants in Cross River but we have the Bakassi freedom fighters. It is a group you are all aware of and we are thankful that they have also surrendered their arms.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/16102009/news/news14.html
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by babapupa: 8:42am On Oct 16, 2009
The tin pain am wel well sha.

Well, the governor can not run away from the fact that billions of dollars meant for the good people of the delta don waka via past governors like alams, ibori and odili, even the current ones are skimming the top neatly.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 16, 2009
Bankole whines his big a@@ mouth like a thief, tout and a liar he is.
On the other hand, what are robbers like Silva and co doing with 5 billion monthly? Nothing!

The bottom line is that these guys will continue to embezzle the state's fund until the FG rises to the occasion of putting these guys where they belong; (Jail) instead of shielding them from justice.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by naso2(m): 9:22am On Oct 16, 2009
@babapupa

Thats the governor of my state, if him like make him commit suicide. Infact make him jump enter ocean.

The truth is they must all  account for monies collected for public good.

While the FG and the oil companies have the largest chunk of the blame for the underdevelopment of the ND, I believe people like sylva must not be shielded in any way. They must be accountable.

I must however add that Bankole's statement that Bayelsa collects 9 times what Lagos gets is miles of tangent. He is supposed to give facts and not sensational statements to get public applause.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by KnowAll(m): 9:27am On Oct 16, 2009
The Finance minister should actually be releasing how much each State gets down to LG level so that the people can ask their Governors and Chairmen to account of how the money was spent, since the State Houses of Assembly and the Councillors in LG are not doing their jobs.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by PapaBrowne(m): 11:34am On Oct 16, 2009
KnowAll:

The Finance minister should actually be releasing how much each State gets down to LG level so that the people can ask their Governors and Chairmen to account of how the money was spent, since the State Houses of Assembly and the Councillors in LG are not doing their jobs.
They actually do. They usually publish them in the National dailies.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by ud4u: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2009
Even if the money is small, let the Governors do something with it, let them imitate fashola.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by KnowAll(m): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2009
must however add that Bankole's statement that Bayelsa collects 9 times what Lagos gets is miles of tangent. He is supposed to give facts and not sensational statements to get public applause.

I think it is actually 6X, I read somewhere that Lagos only gets 700 million not sure of the true figure, If Bayelsa gets 4 billion, 700 million will be 4.2 billion.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2009
na_so:

@babapupa

Thats the governor of my state, if him like make him commit suicide. Infact make him jump enter ocean. The truth is they must all account for monies collected for public good.

While the FG and the oil companies have the largest chunk of the blame for the underdevelopment of the ND, I believe people like sylva must [size=13pt]not[/size] be shielded in any way. They must be accountable.

I must however add that Bankole's statement that Bayelsa collects 9 times what Lagos gets is miles of tangent. He is supposed to give facts and not sensational statements to get public applause.

I am glad we have some reasonable deltans in the house at least. Thank God ooo!!
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by folem: 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
State Govt Details

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/FAAC/CurrentFaacDetail/State_goverment_detail.pdf

Lagos State received N5,655,413,238.71 in Sept 2009 while Bayelsa Stare received N4,400,100,890.60 (Lagos got in N77,791,328,395.29 total allocation in the year 2008, with Bayelsa getting N116,447,440,535.55)

Local Govt Details

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/FAAC/CurrentFaacDetail/Local_goverment_detail.pdf

2008 TOTAL Summary

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/downloads/faacsummary2008.pdf

Lagos State monthly I.G.R is over N14 Billion while Bayelsa State is around N3 Billion.

Lagos State has population of 9,013,534 while Bayelsa has 1,703,358.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/Connections/Pop2006.pdf
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Beaf: 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2009
^From that source Bankole LIED.

Thanks for those details.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Beaf: 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2009
Why should the FG distribute money anyway?

When I was growing up, I learnt that you eat from what you work for. What state will develop when there is free money every month from the FG? Yeye country!
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Oct 16, 2009
Beaf:

Why should the FG distribute money anyway?

When I was growing up, I learnt that you eat from what you work for. What state will develop when there is free money every month from the FG? Yeye country!

The point here is what has the deltan governments done with the money they have gotten so far? This sort of sounds like the story of the 10 talents from the bible. Sure, they are not getting it all but what are the doing with the much they have gotten so far? What have they to show for it considering they do not even have one 8th of the population burden Lagos has to deal with and yet it has been able to achieve a lot in just one year with less in allocation.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Beaf: 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The point here is what has the deltan governments done with the money they have gotten so far? This sort of sounds like the story of the 10 talents from the bible. Sure, they are not getting it all but what are the doing with the much they have gotten so far? What have they to show for it considering they do not even have one 8th of the population burden Lagos has to deal with and yet it has been able to achieve a lot in just one year with less in allocation.

What revenue has your state provided for Nigeria or does it just have an open mouth? Aint you vultures ashamed? Everybody wants to exploit minorities like we are your slaves.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2009
Beaf:

What revenue has your state provided for Nigeria or does it just have an open mouth? Aint you vultures ashamed? Everybody wants to exploit minorities like we are your slaves.

Again, this has nothing to do with MY STATE, and by the way, if calling those who do not see this from a biased point, as you seem to, VULTURES will help you ANSWER QUESTIONS ASKED OF YOU, go right ahead. Again, The point here is what has the deltan governments done with the money they have gotten so far? This sort of sounds like the story of the 10 talents from the bible. Sure, they are not getting it all but what are the doing with the much they have gotten so far? What have they to show for it considering they do not even have one 8th of the population burden Lagos has to deal with and yet it has been able to achieve a lot in just one year with less in allocation.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Jaybee2412(m): 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2009
Bankole is right, the Governor has been reckless with his spendings. How can he explain the white elephant buildings that are of no benefit to the poor people of Bayelsa. Like the Governor's residence. Click on the link below and see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslTiMDZcOA
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Beaf: 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Again, this has nothing to do with MY STATE, and by the way, if calling those who do not see this from a biased point, as you seem to, VULTURES will help you ANSWER QUESTIONS ASKED OF YOU, go right ahead. Again, The point here is what has the deltan governments done with the money they have gotten so far? This sort of sounds like the story of the 10 talents from the bible. Sure, they are not getting it all but what are the doing with the much they have gotten so far? What have they to show for it considering they do not even have one 8th of the population burden Lagos has to deal with and yet it has been able to achieve a lot in just one year with less in allocation.

And is Niger Delta now in the bible? shocked

Why can't people like you drop bias and be a bit logical? Instead of asking toddler questions, why does your mind not touch Nigeria's federal structure? The question of Nigeria's federal structure makes the following pertinent:
What does your state contribute to the FG?
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2009
Beaf:

And is Niger Delta now in the bible? shocked

Why can't people like you drop bias and be a bit logical? Instead of asking toddler questions, why does your mind not touch Nigeria's federal structure? The question of Nigeria's federal structure makes the following pertinent:
What does your state contribute to the FG?

Oh!! Now you are the Logical one, dancing around questions asked, quick to jump into defense mode, without ever providing straight up answers to questions asked?? Like I said, dance all you want, but the questions are simple and the point made is clear. . . .

Again, The point here is what has the deltan governments done with the money they have gotten so far? Sure, they are not getting it all, but what are the doing with the much they have gotten so far? What have they to show for it considering they do not even have one 8th of the population burden Lagos has to deal with and yet it has been able to achieve a lot in just one year with less in allocation.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by ProAnti: 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Kobojunkie
When was the last time you visited a Niger Delta State?

Some of the governors are working. The only problem is, unlike Lagos, development is not concentrated in one particular area.

The smallest Niger Delta state has at least 4 times more landmass than Lagos. Not so sure though.

If you live in the Badagry or Epe axis of Lagos state you wont praise Fashola.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2009
Pro Anti:

@Kobojunkie
When was the last time you visited a Niger Delta State?

Some of the governors are working. The only problem is, unlike Lagos, development is not concentrated in one particular area.

The smallest Niger Delta state has at least 4 times more landmass than Lagos. Not so sure though.

If you live in the Badagry or Epe axis of Lagos state you wont praise Fashola.

This is not about land mass but about allocations that when compared to population mass and time, ought to have significantly improved the life of average deltans by now.

You speak of Lagos, and I know for sure as the development has yet to reach my area of the state but considering the fact that many (actually human beings) have been positively impacted by the chances, would it be farfetched for one to expect more in the case of any deltan state with less than 1/8th of the population Lagos boasts of? I truly believe the Deltans should have done this a long time ago cause I believe the problem starts right there with their government, and not until they deal with that, they are just wasting their time trying to get the federal government to listen to them when they have not been able to hold their own local government accountable for all the waste and misuse of public funds available, no matter how little it may seem compared to the lot.

You say some of the governors are working, then if you don't mind, can you please answer the questions that @beaf seems to be having a hard time tackling then. I mean they are really simple questions that I do not see why anyone should really need to ramble rather than responding to them with rational responses.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Beaf: 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This is not about land mass but about allocations that when compared to population mass and time, ought to have significantly improved the life of average deltans by now.
You speak of Lagos, and I know for sure as the development has yet to reach my area of the state but considering the fact that many (actually human beings) have been positively impacted by the chances, would it be farfetched for one to expect more in the case of a state, any deltan state with almost 1/8th of the population Lagos boasts of?
You claim some of the governors are working, then if you do not mind, answer the questions that @beaf seems to be having a hard time tackling then.

And for some reason, you think your state wasn't built with ND money as the former capital of the country? Your questions are illogical.

I wonder, have you arrested Tinubu the drug baron who also embezzled your states money?
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by SapeleGuy: 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The point is Bankole lied. In some places the man would resign for that. The dishonourable speaker of the house of misrepresentation is used to economising the truth. When they have cleaned the swamp in Ajegunle, we may listen to him about Lagos. Until then Calabar and Cross River lead the way.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2009
SapeleGuy:

The point is Bankole lied. In some places the man would resign for that. The dishonourable speaker of the house of misrepresentation is used to economising the truth. When they have cleaned the swamp in Ajegunle, we may listen to him about Lagos. Until then Calabar and Cross River lead the way.

I am not disputing the fact that he embellished the truth here. But what about holding the Deltan governments more accountable? Are we not going to do that at all? Is the new reason for not doing that now because Bankole lied?
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by SapeleGuy: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I am not disputing the fact that he embellished the truth here. But what about holding the Deltan governments more accountable? Are we not going to do that at all? Is the new reason for not doing that now because Bankole lied?

No long grammar, let us examine the following indices of deprivation:

1- Maternal mortality
2- Infant mortality
3- Immunisation coverage.
4- Education

Lagos or any other state versus Delta state and then come and talk about holding your government accountable.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Beaf: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2009
^Kobojunkie will soon run away very fast when she see's the stats grin
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by SapeleGuy: 11:38pm On Oct 16, 2009
[flash=425,335]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0hQHou1cw[/flash]

Kobojunkie - How can you and Bankole talk about leadership failure in Niger Delta when Lagos looks like this.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Oct 16, 2009
SapeleGuy:

No long grammar, let us examine the following indices of deprivation:

1- Maternal mortality
2- Infant mortality
3- Immunisation coverage.
4- Education

Lagos or any other state versus Delta state and then come and talk about holding your government accountable.

Sure, let us examine the indices, taking note of the population as well.

Not exactly sure why Lagos ought to be put on the plate here when the call was for Delta governors to be more accountable.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Oct 16, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Kobojunkie - How can you and Bankole talk about leadership failure in Niger Delta when Lagos looks like this.

[size=13pt][table]
[tr]
[td] State [/td] [td]Population[/td] [td]Annual Allocation [/td] [/tr]
[tr]
[td] Lagos [/td][td] 9,013,534 [/td][td] N77,791,328,395.29 [/td] [/tr]
[tr] [td] Bayelsa [/td] [td] 1,703,358 [/td] [td] N116,447,440,535.55 [/td][/tr]
[/table][/size]

Note: the documentaries and records show that Lagos state population is more within the range of 15 to 20 million. Please consider allocation and the amount available per capita to each state.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by SapeleGuy: 12:04am On Oct 17, 2009
Okay, tell the people of Ajegunle they get treated worse than animals because of their population.
Does this mean that Governors with large populations should not be held accountable? or is accountability only reserved for Niger Delta?
How many state hospital beds does Lagos have for nearly 10, 15 or 20 million people (feel free to inflate the number as you see fit)?
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Oct 17, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Okay, tell the people of Ajegunle they get treated worse than animals because of their population.
Does this mean that Governors with large populations should not be held accountable? or is accountability only reserved for Niger Delta?
How many state hospital beds does Lagos have for nearly 10, 15 or 20 million people (feel free to make the number as you see fit)?

Actually, you do not need to tell the people of Lagos what the problem is. You only need to actually speak to someone from Lagos to understand that every single person KNOWS that FACT, that due to the HIGH POPULATION in the state, it is not feasible for the state at this time to develop all parts equally. That you did not know this makes me KNOW FOR SURE that you have never actually lived as a Lagosian for any period of time, probably never been there.

Lagos is being held accountable for every dime, and the state continues to show, under Fashola that every dime is being spent on endeavours to better the lot of the people, in all ways possible. The State has opened the door to allow the private sector in to help( even though I am not in agreement with the level of this sort of partnership.
You would have to research the last yourself but there are definitely hospitals and clinics all over for you to check out. But yeah, the Lagos government site provides quite a lot of detail on on going projects and contracts that you can currently check out.

Does this help any? Or do you want to continue making the ND debate about Lagos state? I mean you have all been crying out so much of how you have been ignored for years and been victims. Now the nation is tuned in and trying to get your side and instead you continue to try to deflect attention from self every chance you get?
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by SapeleGuy: 12:28am On Oct 17, 2009
Your response is simply pathetic. Present your figures and stop writing 'war and peace'.
Re: You Are A Liar, Bayelsa Gov Tells Bankole - Imoke Laments Losing Oil Wells To A/ by Kobojunkie: 12:29am On Oct 17, 2009
Pathetic that I tell you exactly where you can find the figures?? Roflmao!!!! My responses are pathetic considering you do not have to go far to find the answers presented in my response?? Oh WOW!! I am surprised, NOT.

If you ever come down from your cloud there, feel free to use the email address on the site to contact the offices for additional info on state finances. I did it sometime in the past and the response I got was quite welcome. And I was given a lot of the data I requested for my research, and this was back about a year ago.

(1) (Reply)

Cracker In Ogun State: Demeji Bankole Vs Gbenga Deniel Of Ogun State / Looted Money Discovered In Foreign Banks / Drivers Complain Low Patronage In Aregbesola's Oshogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.