Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Independent Trauma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independent Trauma (249 Views)

Even Buhari’s Doctors In The UK Don’t Know What Is Wrong With Him – Independent / President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent / Two Nimbo Women Go Mad Over Attack Trauma (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Independent Trauma by RCINC: 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
It’s about 2am where I am, Lagos Nigeria, I’m on the phone with a high school friend (friend because I do not have other words to express this relationship) back in highschool, the guy in question was not my friend, ever. He was some dude who I never really paid attention to, the boys in school never really liked him anyway, he was the guy who owned with pride the ‘he has slept with every girl’ tag, I couldn’t care less though, but I was on the phone with him and now he made me laugh, talking about how mature I sound compared to the funny voice he once knew, he confessed to not liking me reminding me of how bitchy I was once assumed to be (never been bitchy). He said a lot of things, so did I. Revisiting our past seemed easy, talking about all the many negative things we once despised about each other. How simple would life and the world be if we didn't just shut our mouth to some things? I thought about it too. Definitely different.
There's not a lot of my high school mates on my phone book, I might keep this one. So we talk and we laugh, then talk some more about 'things’ its nice, and by 3:30am we are bidding our farewells definitely we would speak again, probably see, probably whatever, yes.
Did I mention I was on the laptop? I was, picking my brains, trying as much as possible to let my creative juices flow? I'm working on a script it would be fantastic yes! So I return to it, but I'm too tired already, it’s 4am, it’s independence day in my country, what will you be doing today a text message asks me all the way from Calabar. I wont be doing much, I don’t respond, what is there to do? Other than what I have always done? Nothing. The day isn’t special to me, wasn’t ever. I see people pull out their placards of discontent every year, I'm done with that. No I will not go online to cry about the useless folks that sit on power, a government full of completely mentally disoriented imbeciles and thieving wolves who at the slightest are waiting to tear down our country. I wont do that, I would rather write my script, then I would think some more, pray, pray maybe but not for the foolishly misguided, I would sleep, be well rested and wake to the 2nd to carry on my independence like the crucifix, to bear the burdens of my slavery and hope that one day my chains are cut, I'm cut, cut loose from terrorism.

When will we be free? When will Nigerians celebrate their independence, as a nation full of independent individuals, perceive you not a more rightful time than now? As many that celebrate a false independence would in the end power their generators and be providers of their own electricity, they would drive with intense carefulness lest be consumed by deathtraps, they would break the bank to provide their own good education, they would run their businesses on their sweat and blood and yet feed the wolves off their painful profit. Are we not our own god? Our own governors and rulers, are we not? So why then do you say happy independence to Nigerians? When after all they are still a nation confined to the grip of slavery, with everyman a slave to the government and his needs left unattended to by them? Happy independence? I think not. Its 6am, October 1st. I shall now sleep.

https://theadoraweb./2016/10/03/the-independent-trauma/

(1) (Reply)

Question For Every Nigerians!!! [must Read] / The Ceramic Cup / A Question For Every Nigerian To Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.