Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? (5362 Views)

Why I Can’t Go And Greet Buhari, Even If Invited —fayose / 2019: North Wants Buhari, Even On Wheelchair –ACF Chieftain / Bakare: Why I Support Buhari On Deregulation And Opposed Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by HtwoOw: 6:48am On Oct 04, 2016
Buhari is one of a kind, it doesn't matter why we support him, what matters is what that support will bring to yorubaland

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by KwaraRat: 6:51am On Oct 04, 2016
HtwoOw:
Buhari is one of a kind, it doesn't matter why we support him, what matters is what that support will bring to yorubaland

Expantiate further on what buhari hopes to do for your Yoruba land.

And before you do that be reminded that it is your national anthem to go against ND and Biafra own demands.

Why then should the better south support you in your selfish quest while you go about castigating their own desires and aspirations?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by President99: 7:03am On Oct 04, 2016
Hedonistically:

Every where I go to - every random bar or lounge, street corner, academic setting of so called intellectuals, or corporate forum... it appears that most Yoruba people are adamant that Buhari is working. It is almost unbelievable. Now I understand why some people accuse them of being political and social slaves to the North.

What has Buhari done for Yorubaland to deserve such extreme level of zombie-like followership?
This is a veiled attempt to cause tribal war! Why r guys obsessed with yorubas, perhaps it disturbs u more than even ur wellbeing!! The stranger u called ur son (GEJ) despite his utter failure, a man who could not provide: road, portable water and electricity to his own village Otuoke, but was busy doling $Bdollors to dasuki and yet u guys were supporting him, was GEJ suffering from psychopath? Dis same promised in 2011 if he does not construct second Niger bridge b4 2015 he should be treated like an outcast, what did GEJ do for Igbos that u guys were blind folded supporting him?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by fulanimafia: 7:16am On Oct 04, 2016
KwaraRat:

Even the die hard Northerners are openly disappointed in buhari.

The question the OP is asking is amidst all the rubbish from buhari why are yorubas adamant at his gross eff ups and still behaving as if they are still on Sai Baba mode?

Yeah right.

In fact we are all lined up, stones in hand ready to pounce on the farmer from Daura.

The mind is indeed a terrible thing to waste.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by mrgafari(m): 7:44am On Oct 04, 2016
cowardSeun:
Some Yorubas are really incredible... claiming sophistication on empty stomach just the same way Awolowo did only to be stripped at the end.

Some of them ask what Gej did for the Igbos that make us like and support him.... quite funny and ridiculous question.

Well it's on record that Gej open Igbo land to the rest of the world by giving us an international Airport.... what others denied us for ages. even if this is the only thing we benefited from the government of Jonathan, it's enough to praise him.

Now the question I have for the Yorubas is this... If igbos are wrong in supporting Jonathan who could only give them an international airport, what did Obasanjo did for the Yorubas in his 8 uninterrupted years that make you guys adore him

If you think Yoruba's adore him, you are dead wrong. I grew up in Ogun State and can tell you categorically that his political influence is next to nothing. you can even discern that on nairaland here. most yorubas tout names like awolowo and even Fashola during the various ethnic e-wars. Obasanjo bawo?

The man is an enigma. he divides opinions across board. to say he is adored in Yoruba land is a fallacy of hasty generalization.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by mrgafari(m): 7:53am On Oct 04, 2016
KwaraRat:

And before you do that be reminded that it is your national anthem to *go against ND and Biafra own demands.*

Why then should the better south support you in your selfish quest while you go about castigating their own desires and aspirations?

the yorubas, Igbos and the people of the Niger Delta voted massively for Goodluck Jonathan during his first election.

Voting for Buhari is not about ethnic bigotry. It was just a yearning for a better way of doing things, justified or not.

Personally I turned against GEJ the moment he granted presidential pardon to the late DSP. The straw that broke the camel's back was the fact that Abba Moro remained in position after the immigration recruitment disaster.

people take ideological stands for a reason. and most times the reason is not ethnic bigotry

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2016
ikechu1:
Yorubas can make as much excuses as they like..we all know the truth.

Op they support Buhari more than anybody including the North because of the exact thing Daniel1990 stated.....to SAVE FACE!!!!.

They told the nation that Buhari is the messiah that's coming to save the country.
They helped him promise ridiculous, unachievable feat to decieve people.
While doing that, they went around claiming 'political sophisficated' and it's their sophistication have helped them decipher that Buhari is the perfect speciemen for the country's growth.
In addition, they gave the lie that Buhari is an honest, uncorrected leader

Fast forward to now, everything their so called "political high mind" proved to be a load of delusional Bullsh1t. Thus far, Buhari has shown to be the worst president in Nigerian history. His ministries are all inept and incompetent.
To top it all off, the so called "honest, uncorrupt man" ended up being the worst in terms of corruption. Despite the nation in recession, they are still looting likewise his minister.

In other words, yoruba are trying so desperately to sell the image that Buhari is working despite the obvious truth and reality staring at them is because they are desperate to save their face. Since they are the only southern group that fell for Buhari scam, they don't want to show there was a reason all the people they supported in the past failed in the polls. Their so called "political sophistication" they self claimed have thus far been shown to be a load of delusional Bullshit

Not only that, based on their act whenever any SS or SE leader get praised on this forum....how they invade it and start doing some unnecessary dicks measuring thus far shows how Immature and tribalistic they are....they have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to other southern group based on their act thus, like someone said their hatred the give credit to other southern plays a role on their support for buhari. They rather give Buhari delusional applause of progress than give GEJ (anot her southern leader) accolades. Like they are extremely tribalistic. Have you not notice that the only minister in GEJ cabinet that they support was actually one of their own...everybody else they attack even if it's other nation leaders praising them.

Both Daniel1990 and Jengem are accurate in what they said
Rubbish! Yoruba people are independent minded. They are not a bandwagon people. Show me one man from SS or SE that criticizes Buhari like these two Yoruba men, Fayose and FFK.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by HtwoOw: 8:25am On Oct 04, 2016
grin The topic is about Buhari and Yoruba, I am not interested in biafraudians

Thanks for stopping by

Ciao
KwaraRat:

And before you do that be reminded that it is your national anthem to go against ND and Biafra own demands.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Hedonistically: 8:27am On Oct 04, 2016
Daniel1990:
To save faces because they are in this failure together. They help made him president, it is their duty to defend his failure. It is a task that must be accomplish.

I think this is most likely the reason for their irritating and sheepish defence of Buhari. Some of them complain of hardship, and yet they will still tell you that it is not Buhari's fault, that he is working hard to 'fix' Nigeria, which will take time. Such a hopelessly pathetic suffering and smiling mentality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Hedonistically: 9:17am On Oct 04, 2016
mrgafari:

the yorubas, Igbos and the people of the Niger Delta voted massively for Goodluck Jonathan during his first election.

Voting for Buhari is not about ethnic bigotry. It was just a yearning for a better way of doing things, justified or not.

Personally I turned against GEJ the moment he granted presidential pardon to the late DSP. The straw that broke the camel's back was the fact that Abba Moro remained in position after the immigration recruitment disaster.

people take ideological stands for a reason. and most times the reason is not ethnic bigotry

So when, if ever, will you turn against Buhari... In spite of his colossal failure to manage the economy, resulting in the most rapid inflation ever witnessed in Nigeria within a year; and in spite of his shielding his corrupt appointees such as Abba Kyari, Burantashi, Dambarawo, and so on? Why haven't you turned against him even after learning about his indifferent stance to the illegal CBN and FIRS recruitments which corruptly favoured his relatives and the relatives of other APC stalwarts? What of his tacit approval of Fulani Herdsmen's genocidal activities across Nigeria?

When, my good friend, will you and the rest of Yorubaland turn against Buhari?
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Ngokafor(f): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2016
...To be sincere,the only reason why they support buhari(some,not all) is because of Osibanjo.

..They think that after buhari,Osibanjo would be president..or better still,buhari goes the way of yar adua and Osibanjo becomes the president...but a rude shock awaits them embarassed

..Their support has nothing to do with being sophisticated,progressive, patriotic and 'wanting to try something new'..It is purely for selfish ethnic reasons..

...That is a fact..shalom.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by mrgafari(m): 10:03am On Oct 04, 2016
Hedonistically:

So when, if ever, will you turn against Buhari... In spite of his colossal failure to manage the economy, resulting in the most rapid inflation ever witnessed in Nigeria within a year; and in spite of his shielding his corrupt appointees such as Abba Kyari, Burantashi, Dambarawo, and so on? Why haven't you turned against him even after learning about his indifferent stance to the illegal CBN and FIRS recruitments which corruptly favoured his relatives and the relatives of other APC stalwarts? What of his tacit approval of Fulani Herdsmen's genocidal activities across Nigeria?

When, my good friend, will you and the rest of Yorubaland turn against Buhari?

if things continue to go bad, it won't take long my friend. this government has not met the expectations of its supporters so far. its very obvious. but it still has time on its side. I still believe buhari has good intentions

but if he fails for four years or even 3 out of four years, I assure you people will turn against him. that's why we have elections.

As for this talk of yorubas defending buhari. I make bold to say there is no man from any other tribe from any other region that has criticized this regime as much as fayose or fani-kayode. the closest would be reno omokiri and maybe melaye. I can't think of any one from the south east. this shows you that its not about tribe but rather, its about the brain ticking in your head and the heart beating in your chest.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by ba7man(m): 11:08am On Oct 04, 2016
KwaraRat:

More like denial.

They are like your average wash-wash victim.

They will first deny they've been duped only to later claim they were hoodwinked by some diabolical means but never will they ever accept they have been deceived.

Pride and arrogance precede a great fall.

They will rather defend their wasted vote and come 2019 they will deliberately repeat the same mistake to spite their own shadow.

But the most amusing thing is that whenever I corner a bunch of these sophisticated frogs they always remain mute only to become braggadacious on buhari when they outnumber me by at least 20 to 1.

Forget all these noise makers here.

I have encountered several yoruba NL members in real life after viewing them browsing from their phone and whenever I subtly introduce buhari and APC they always first log off from their device and stare back at me like sheep. It seems their loudmouths end on cyberspace.

I even encountered about 3 of them in a bar in Lekki spewing the same old worn trash that their APC masters now use as an excuse for their failure and when I stylishly joined the conversation from across the bar, they were so chicken sh1t they just shutup and stared back at me.

I have realised that they need their daily therapeutic group sessions of bashing Jonathan in order to console themselves on voting this failure called buhari.

They know they messed up and now all they do daily is to find a reason to defend their wasted vote.

Even here on NL one particular APC zombie was blaming GEJ for giving them no choice than to vote this disaster called buhari.

Believe me, these people struggle to hold their heads up.
If You made the mistake of sliding into a conversation with me concerning this issue, I'll insult you badly and send you away as rudely as I can....... I do it regularly to people like you because I can't stand emotional arguments void of logical points.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by KwaraRat: 11:09am On Oct 04, 2016
mrgafari:

And I am to believe the likes of Tinubu and Amaechi are not corrupt?

Guy stop this hypocrisy abeg!
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Justiceleague1: 11:10am On Oct 04, 2016
Emmaoga:
you can't be n*ked and start chasing/pursuing a p*nis cutter.

so tell me of what use is a man whose p*nis has been cutted off and held by someone. won't you be loyal, obey and support the person holding your p*nis so that he won't destroy it.

I think I tried with my explanation without calling names.

you tried but which one be "CUTTED" nah,haba!

Engriss yaff die" lols grin grin grin
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by KwaraRat: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2016
ba7man:
If You made the mistake of sliding into a conversation with me concerning this issue, I'll insult you badly and send you away as rudely as I can....... I do it regularly to people like you because I can't stand emotional arguments void of logical points.

I am 6ft plus and weigh over 95kg.

You wont do sh1t but listen to me lecture you and then order another round of beer for you whether you like it or not and wont leave until I say so.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Justiceleague1: 11:18am On Oct 04, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Rubbish! Yoruba people are independent minded. They are not a bandwagon people. Show me one man from SS or SE that criticizes Buhari like these two Yoruba men, Fayose and FFK.

in other words,you are hereby insinuating that ffk and fayose are worthy yorubas and not the excess jagbanjatis afonjas messing everywhere they go..thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Justiceleague1: 11:27am On Oct 04, 2016
KwaraRat:

More like denial.

They are like your average wash-wash victim.

They will first deny they've been duped only to later claim they were hoodwinked by some diabolical means but never will they ever accept they have been deceived.

Pride and arrogance precede a great fall.

They will rather defend their wasted vote and come 2019 they will deliberately repeat the same mistake to spite their own shadow.

But the most amusing thing is that whenever I corner a bunch of these sophisticated frogs they always remain mute only to become braggadacious on buhari when they outnumber me by at least 20 to 1.

Forget all these noise makers here.

I have encountered several yoruba NL members in real life after viewing them browsing from their phone and whenever I subtly introduce buhari and APC they always first log off from their device and stare back at me like sheep. It seems their loudmouths end on cyberspace.

I even encountered about 3 of them in a bar in Lekki spewing the same old worn trash that their APC masters now use as an excuse for their failure and when I stylishly joined the conversation from across the bar, they were so chicken sh1t they just shutup and stared back at me.

I have realised that they need their daily therapeutic group sessions of bashing Jonathan in order to console themselves on voting this failure called buhari.

They know they messed up and now all they do daily is to find a reason to defend their wasted vote.

Even here on NL one particular APC zombie was blaming GEJ for giving them no choice than to vote this disaster called buhari.

Believe me, these people struggle to hold their heads up.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by ba7man(m): 11:36am On Oct 04, 2016
KwaraRat:

I am 6ft plus and weigh over 95kg.

You wont do sh1t but listen to me lecture you and then order another round of beer for you whether you like it or not and wont leave until I say so.
Tell that to kids and teenagers .

You'll run off with your 6ft and weight if you come say trash around me.

If I can do it to your father's agemate, you'll be small fry with your size.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by 4wrd9ja: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2016
modelmike7:
Cos they believe Buhari is a good and honest man. . . . Which he really is.
Taa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by docsholz(m): 11:48am On Oct 04, 2016
why do igbos love Jonathan more than ijaws?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by mrgafari(m): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
KwaraRat:

And I am to believe the likes of Tinubu and Amaechi are not corrupt?

Guy stop this hypocrisy abeg!

Im responsible for what I typed. I'm not responsible for what you read

I've gone through my post again and I can't see where I said those men u mentioned are not corrupt. in fact, people who know me will tell you I'm one of the biggest critics of tinubu.

my post was about support for a government and when that support is withdrawn.

its either you're the hypocrite here or you simply quoted the wrong comment. going by your other comments and your moniker, I believe the former is the case.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by mrgafari(m): 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Justiceleague1:

in other words,you are hereby insinuating that ffk and fayose are worthy yorubas and not the excess jagbanjatis afonjas messing everywhere they go..thank you.

which one is worthy yorubas again? I thought all yorubas are worthless and slaves to the northerners

you people will just be confusing someone -_-

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by juman(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hiss nonsense..

OP is a lair.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by plaetton: 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Buhari is a good man and not only the Yoruba's love him even an average Igbo man does love him.

Kindly tell us in what ways that Buhari is a good man.

I can tell you at least 10 ways that makes him a dishonest man.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by wirinet(m): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
Because the average Igbo man loves Jonathan more than the Ijaws

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Justiceleague1: 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
mrgafari:

which one is worthy yorubas again? I thought all yorubas are worthless and slaves to the northerners

you people will just be confusing someone -_-

dont blame o,haba,didnt you see i only quoted and intepreted somebody,abi ray charlse niyen ni?

Èwo,ewo ni misitaGAFARI gaanò? Gafari to dabi gambari lolsss grin

and op de ask y afonja de support mallam...when gafari = gambari grin
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by juman(m): 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
To be a great leader, a great feat has to be achieved.

This apc government is a clueless government, obviously they dont know their left hand from right hand.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by mrgafari(m): 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
Justiceleague1:

dont blame o,haba,didnt you see i only quoted and intepreted somebody,abi ray charlse niyen ni?

Èwo,ewo ni misitaGAFARI gaanò? Gafari to dabi gambari lolsss grin

and op de ask y afonja de support mallam...when gafari = gambari grin

a brain is too great a gift to waste.

I apologize for quoting u in the first place. I didn't see your moniker. feeling very bad for tussling with a kid.

go back to your cartoon. adagbamaniye. afofungbemu
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Mariory(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
So what if some Yorubas stopped supporting Buhari. So what? What do you think will happen?

Do you think recession that has zero to do with sentiment will magically disappear?

Are you under some pathetic and ridiculous assumption that Buhari will not finish his tenure?

I am intrigued as to what you will gain if some Yorubas stopped stupporting Buhari.

Please respond OP.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by T9ksy(m): 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hedonistically:

Every where I go to - every random bar or lounge, street corner, academic setting of so called intellectuals, or corporate forum... it appears that most Yoruba people are adamant that Buhari is working. It is almost unbelievable. Now I understand why some people accuse them of being political and social slaves to the North.

What has Buhari done for Yorubaland to deserve such extreme level of zombie-like followership?

Op, am a typical and average yoruba man who has never supported Buhari, most especially after taken full cognizance of his first disastrous entrance into our political affairs and didn't vote for him in the last election. However in saying that i do understand and in absolute support of the rationale behind my brethen's resolution in sending that dummmb, unprecedentedly-corrupt ogogoro drunkard and his coarse, ignorant sheppotamous other half, back to the creeks where they rightly belong.

Proudly and unrepentant #AnyOneButJonathan.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Oblang(m): 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2016
cowardSeun:
Some Yorubas are really incredible... claiming sophistication on empty stomach just the same way Awolowo did only to be stripped at the end.

Some of them ask what Gej did for the Igbos that make us like and support him.... quite funny and ridiculous question.

Well it's on record that Gej open Igbo land to the rest of the world by giving us an international Airport.... what others denied us for ages. even if this is the only thing we benefited from the government of Jonathan, it's enough to praise him.

Now the question I have for the Yorubas is this... If igbos are wrong in supporting Jonathan who could only give them an international airport, what did Obasanjo did for the Yorubas in his 8 uninterrupted years that make you guys adore him

U won't be saying this trash if only bokoharam have come to destroy that ur so called airport..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Fulani Crisis: Communal Violence & Radicalization, A Warning to Nigeria / Ex Boyfriend Of New Wife Of Custom Boss Demand Money Spent During Their Relation / PDP In Enugu State Under My Watch Is Very Strong - Gov. Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.