Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) (21187 Views)

Obaseki Contracts New Aircraft For Aerial Survey Of Benin City (Photos) / President Buhari With Students Of Samuel Ogbemudia College, Benin City (photos) / Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria During Peaceful Protests ( Photo)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by beadaholic(f): 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
What is PDP's problem on election day both PDP and APC members were sharing 1000 and 2000 while people were voting and the police was there. The police neither harrassed both parties so which one be the protest now? Shio!

1 Like

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by Maestro46: 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
After the international observers said that it wasn't free and fair, they(apc) are still saying that it was the most credible election..if this is the most credible election for apc then,i fear for whats going to happen in 2019..

5 Likes

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
HungerBAD:
Senseless people.

You are protesting against an election that was won free and fair?what would you guys have done if it was rigged?

The Security agencies in Edo should watch these guys well,I think their plans is to destabilize the State.
and this nigga had never been to Edo before

5 Likes

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by atasiemerci(f): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
hmmm
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by ancientbanana: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
Jediel1:
Na dem wahala ntin concern me cool e don tey wey i wash hand komot frm naija politics both parties na thief and killers. I jst make my money and ball in grace wink cool
but when d wrong ppl are rigged into power n d economy 'n safety of state is gone den making money goes or fear of d rich being killed arises. E. G c how Nigeria b now as an evil man rules

1 Like

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by Greataausim(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
They are knw with peace, not like the other people's. My political ambitions doesn't deserve any nigerians blood. Gudluck to edo PDP

1 Like

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by Sirrexninefour(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
RIP TO NIGERIA DEMOCRACY!

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by fortunateice(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
P.D.P has rigged election since day one, they believe everyone has to rig to win that's why they will never accept defeat....
Omo life na turn by turn enjoy our reign while it last.. A.P.C change

1 Like

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by merry02(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
it is unfortunate to read some comments here in support of the abnormalities orchestrated during the Edo governorship election. some even say these people are jobless et al. are you guys in tandem with what is happening to our electoral principle in Nigeria? the joy of democracy is when masses are given opportunity to elect their leaders respectively. Edo election Election is nothing but a rape on the hard earned democracy our forefathers fought for. Nigeria can only get better when we jettison party affiliations and interest.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by epospiky(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
todaynewsreview:
These are some photos of peaceful protesters in Benin City, the Edo State capital this morning asking for justice be done in the just conducted gubernatorial election where many observers alleged to have been rigged.

More here: http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1598/edo-state-election-peaceful-protest-continue-in-benin-city-p

That site is so like NL!
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by AreaFada2: 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
Assuming PDP are just partisan & bad losers, what about the international observers who said the election was not free and fair? Are they also PDP sore losers? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by esosuo2: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
How much them dey pay for dis protest make I kw weda na to invest free time for extra cash,, dont tell mi that grab guy for d pix doin it for free oh ., wasted effort though na youth empowerment .Sha in a way
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by ihedioramma: 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
I think they are more than five party that came out? dont they no is only one party will win the election ? or do they want two governors in a state ? .
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by Jediel1(m): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
ancientbanana:
but when d wrong ppl are rigged into power n d economy 'n safety of state is gone den making money goes or fear of d rich being killed arises. E. G c how Nigeria b now as an evil man rules
Den i move to anoda country simple. D only way naija fit beta na till all dis old cargos die
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by 4nobody4every1: 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
HungerBAD:
Senseless people.

You are protesting against an election that was won free and fair?what would you guys have done if it was rigged?

The Security agencies in Edo should watch these guys well,I think their plans is to destabilize the State.
It was a case of the best rigger won the election, regardless of the protest, it might be difficult for PDP to recover Edo State from the claws of APC, Oshomole sent all the god fathers of EDO politics to permanent retirement without benefits according to Modath grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by samsono30: 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
Lajet:
APC is the worst party in history of Nigeria

Look at ur sense, wats the difference between APC and PDP, are they not bed of the same feathers? Even PDP did worst things during the past 16yrs and senseless he goat will come here and be saying rubbish. All I know is that, Nemesis is catching up with PDP. Life is all about give and take, PDP is only getting wat they gave Nigeria back.
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by everozone: 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
veekid:
All I see here are jobless pple who has nothing to do with their time
You are extremely silly and very uncivilised.Most of the protesters are engaged in meaningful and legal jobs and they earn more than you.
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by gbishman: 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hmm interesting. Am sure Oshomole did not factor this into their equation.
The quest to reclaim stolen mandate is on.
Lets fold our hands and watch activities unwind
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by autonomous22: 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
veekid:
All I see here are jobless pple who has nothing to do with their time
for ur mind u dey meaningful abi......
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by everozone: 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
AlphaCentaurii:
grin Jobless people. I'm sure most are IPOD youths
Shut your trap up.Are u better than those guys protesting against illegality?How did u know that they are jobless?Your brain needs to be reset.
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by 4four(m): 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
all dis one no job?
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by everozone: 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
I support d protest,they should countinue,let them not b detered in their determination to prove a point dat d election was full of flaws.INEC should release d true results dat reflect d will of Edolites.The court should do d needful if INEC failed.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by michoim(m): 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
Jobless youths
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by Venice789: 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
This people protesting ugly die. See them..I wan puke. Is dis ao Dem look 4 Edo?

Back to d topic, d Edos comprises of many tribes e.g d Afemai, Akoko Edos, Esan, Binis isoko etc
Many Akoko Edos and Afemai that constituted higher population of Edo voted for Obaseki in large numbers but to d Binis and Isan dat voted for pdp pls go and relax..cuz ur man **Igbinedion** a benin and pdp man looted edo for 9years without extending works to other regions ( that is still fresh in d memory) he lost his candidature to oshiomole of Labour party(unknown party then)
..Oshiomole has worked for the people, is a man of d people and dat has paid off and yeild results mey una go and sleep jor.

APC is absolutely d right party for Edos till 2020 I cannot wait to see Oshiomole contest for president under APC...I will cast my vote for him even yorubas and d northerners will vote for him
bloody fool
Onijagidijagan:
This people protesting ugly die. See them..I wan puke. Is dis ao Dem look 4 Edo?

Back to d topic, d Edos comprises of many tribes e.g d Afemai, Akoko Edos, Esan, Binis isoko etc
Many Akoko Edos and Afemai that constituted higher population of Edo voted for Obaseki in large numbers but to d Binis and Isan dat voted for pdp pls go and relax..cuz ur man **Igbinedion** a benin and pdp man looted edo for 9years without extending works to other regions ( that is still fresh in d memory) he lost his candidature to oshiomole of Labour party(unknown party then)
..Oshiomole has worked for the people, is a man of d people and dat has paid off and yeild results mey una go and sleep jor.

APC is absolutely d right party for Edos till 2020 I cannot wait to see Oshiomole contest for president under APC...I will cast my vote for him even yorubas and d northerners will vote for him
bloody fool

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by 4wrd9ja: 2:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hemanwel:
The Afonja people of the Brown Roof republic and sophistication are honestly "words and opposite".
If they are truly sophisticated like they claim they are,they should know that democracy is for the people and by the people - whether it suits their political sentiments or not.
The people of Edo state want the whole world to know that the result of the just concluded governorship election in the state - as announced by INEC - is not a true reflection of the will of the people; and they have decided to do so thruogh a peaceful protest (non-violent o!).So why calling them 'jobless people'?Oh,they should sit down,fold their arms,and watch their mandate stolen away,right??Ko le werk,mehn!

You guys just assume erroneously that a particular tribe supporting apc, no its the over 6 media aides doing their job, those are their foot soldiers working for their pay.lets remove ethnic sentiments
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by DLondonboiy: 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
4wrd9ja:

You guys just assume erroneously that a particular tribe supporting apc, no its the over 6 media aides doing their job, those are their foot soldiers working for their pay.lets remove ethnic sentiments

You are 100% correct..
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by boookworm: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
All those of you commenting against the protest, my question for you is that, why are you pained? Are they protesting with your legs or your hands? Stupidity is when you protest because your APC candidate won an election in 2008 and it was rigged in his opponent's favour and suddenly you're against protest when your APC candidate rigged an election in his favour

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
That election day was a day of joy for Edo people because there were APC agents offering voters 2k to 7k each for voting Obaseki.
Everyone knows it was a festival of money sharing, people were calling relatives and friends who didn't want to vote to come and do it for money, con see na!
I watched from my window.
Edo people should endure the next 4 years, they sold it at the polling centre. If APC paying people at voting centres counts as rigging, then that election was seriously rigged.
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by spartacus11(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hemanwel:
The Afonja people of the Brown Roof republic and sophistication are honestly "words and opposite".
If they are truly sophisticated like they claim they are,they should know that democracy is for the people and by the people - whether it suits their political sentiments or not.
The people of Edo state want the whole world to know that the result of the just concluded governorship election in the state - as announced by INEC - is not a true reflection of the will of the people; and they have decided to do so thruogh a peaceful protest (non-violent o!).So why calling them 'jobless people'?Oh,they should sit down,fold their arms,and watch their mandate stolen away,right??Ko le werk,mehn!
are dis people who are not up to 50 d people, go get a life hunger bad
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by spartacus11(m): 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
Maestro46:
After the international observers said that it wasn't free and fair, they(apc) are still saying that it was the most credible election..if this is the most credible election for apc then,i fear for whats going to happen in 2019..
show us how many life was lost, show us how many ballot was snatch, show us how many gun shot was fired, show us how many people was harassed, then compare it to Ekiti Rivers and Bayelsa then we can engage in discussion

1 Like

Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by banio: 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
Lajet:
APC is the worst party in history of Nigeria

You can say it again.
Re: Edo State Election: Peaceful Protests Continue In Benin City (photos) by PMONEY6: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
This is the most ridiculous protest I've ever seen.
Wait o these guys are actually protesting for the election to be void?
Even the dreaded election in Rivers, Bayelsa, Ekiti weren't void, why would the edo election that was largely peaceful, free and fair be?

Hypocrites everywhere!

These guys are simply asking for the impossible!

I have always maintained that ize iyamu is not a true man of God.
I advise he faces his church business and leave this headless protests.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: 10 Reasons Why Many Senators, Reps Won’t Return / 'If You Can't Impregnate Your Wife, It's Buhari': See 2 Men Fight Over PMB / Nigeria To Tap $37 Billion Market As Firm Confirms Lithium Deposits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.