Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Alert From The Nigerian Police Force - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alert From The Nigerian Police Force (4727 Views)

PHOTO: Nigerian Police To Pay N100m Compensation Over Death Of Lawyer Detainee / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force / New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by mimionye(m): 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2009
i have made up my mind to continue in prayer and not to allow the issue of Nigerian Police  to hinder my precious sleep.

Can someone tell me what happened to the ritualist arrested by the police before?

You see,is only God that is saving us in this country,no form of security any where in nigeria.

Even the so called political bigboys are not finding it easy with the insecurity in the country.

reason; the rich can not sleep becos the poor is awake,the poor also can not sleep becos they are hungry.

Today Nigeria,you can not even trust the Police,then, what are we talking about.

let us be carefull and pray to God to protect and preserve us from the hands of evil men.

and dont put your mind in those numbers,as per the areas mentioned,we have to be carefull weither truth or false.

GOD WILL PROTECT US, THIS FINGER WILL DIRECT US,HIS DIVINE GRACE WILL BE WITH US ALL.AMEN
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by Goldmind1(m): 9:44pm On Oct 17, 2009
How come u forgot to include ur ASOROCK, where destinies of millions of poor Nigerian masses are held hostage by the ruling class.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by bibiking1(m): 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2009
Gold-mind:

How come u forgot to include your ASOROCK, where destinies of millions of poor Nigerian masses are held hostage by the ruling class.
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 17, 2009
Story story.,.,Very interesting to hear,
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by asunaobi(m): 12:38am On Oct 18, 2009
To me the most 'ritual killings' happen inside Aso , Wreck! sorry Rock. Thats where all the policies and idealogies that is drowning my lovely country is been formulated.

What I dont understand again is, how can the police ask Nigerians to 'sms' them if you are a victim. I think Nigeria is truely heading on the opposite. A DEAD PERSON TO SMS? WONDERS SHALL NEVER END!
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by darne(m): 12:45am On Oct 18, 2009
Naija,, This things happen everywhere in this country,, We should try to stay away from the above mentioned places,, Because nothing about the government is positive in Nigeria,, Its all about bribe,, So we should try protecting Ourselves and not to waste time for these so called police,, Its a Good Alert No matter what wink wink
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by darne(m): 12:49am On Oct 18, 2009
asunaobi:

To me the most 'ritual killings' happen inside Aso , Wreck! sorry Rock. Thats where all the policies and idealogies that is drowning my lovely country is been formulated.

What I dont understand again is, how can the police ask Nigerians to 'sms' them if you are a victim. I think Nigeria is truely heading on the opposite. A DEAD PERSON TO SMS? WONDERS SHALL NEVER END!

That means the Police are somehow behind this too,, Yes so they know the procedures i think ,, Maybe they have better to explain or even the poster about the SMS thing,, A ghost to send sms angry angry angry **hisses
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by olafolarin(m): 2:07am On Oct 18, 2009
rasputinn:

Police will stay there and help those ritual killers in stopping their would-be victims."Everybody has a price" is the typical quote for the Nigerian Police.
Our Olopa will stay in those places,negotiate with the ritual killers,create road-blocks to stop the victims and allow the ritual killers prey on teir victims without hinderance.

The truth is that nowhere is safe in Nigeria anymore and the Nigerian police can never guarantee the safety of life and property.At a fair price,they wi look the other way and even aid crime.

God Help Nigeria,
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by kech(f): 8:14am On Oct 18, 2009
Hmm, ok my problem here is, why can't the Nigerian police force coin a contact number that is remember-"able". What's all this 0805#$6>?{+=54? Person go fit remember am? The US has 911, other countries have 199, 999 etc. There is a reason why such numbers are short and have repetitive digits:

1) Numbers that have repetitive digits can be easily remembered by everyone, even a kid.
2) Because it is usually used in a life/death situation. There is no time to dial long numbers. The shorter the better. (3) is usually ideal angry angry

Does it mean I have to store all those numbers in my phone so that when I get kidnapped I 'll start "scrolling" down in my phone to get the numbers. Won't they kill me before I even fish out those numbers? Or are they expecting me to cram those numbers? Ok, if they are, common sense should have told them to use numbers that are cram-"able". Like 08099999999, or 07011111111  (you guys get my point). You cannot just buy any sim card from the streets and decide to use it as an emergency number.
They should get the phone carriers to give them numbers that are ideal. 334,333,444,466,777,998,112,222, whatever!! Numbers no dey finish!!! This is the police force for pete's sake!! angry
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by RichyBlacK(m): 8:26am On Oct 18, 2009
kech:

Hmm, ok my problem here is, why can't the Nigerian police force coin a contact number that is remember-"able". What's all this 0805#$6>?{+=54? Person go fit remember am? The US has 911, other countries have 199, 999 etc. There is a reason why such numbers are short and have repetitive digits:

1) Numbers that have repetitive digits can be easily remembered by everyone, even a kid.
2) Because it is usually used in a life/death situation. There is no time to dial long numbers. The shorter the better. (3) is usually ideal angry angry

Does it mean I have to store all those numbers in my phone so that when I get kidnapped I 'll start "scrolling" down in my phone to get the numbers. Won't they kill me before I even fish out those numbers? Or are they expecting me to cram those numbers? Ok, if they are, common sense should have told them to use numbers that are cram-"able". Like 08099999999, or 07011111111  (you guys get my point). You cannot just buy any sim card from the streets and decide to use it as an emergency number.
They should get the phone carriers to give them numbers that are ideal. 334,333,444,466,777,998,112,222, whatever!! Numbers no dey finish!!! This is the police force for pete's sake!! angry

@kech,

You make an excellent point, but don't expect the "give me my egunje" NPF to understand the fine point you've made - it's just too sophisicated for their drunk brains to fathom.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by Jakumo(m): 8:47am On Oct 18, 2009
These recent travel advisories issued by the Nigerian police, which directly refer to the prevalence of abduction for ritual murder throughout the country,  illustrate starkly how the homicidal activities of witchcraft believers now constitute the gravest peril faced by all who tread Nigerian soil.   The slaughter and dismemberment of human beings, in the ALWAYS FUTILE quest to conjure up free cash, has finally materialized from the shadowy world of rumour and conjecture, to emerge as a real national epidemic of frightening proportions.  

Rather than ponder the very genesis of these expanding throngs of serial killers described by the Nigerian Police Force, armchair critics pontificate about the need for under-equipped policemen to guard high-risk areas, where they would run the risk of themselves winding up as so many fresh or smoke-dried skulls on retail down the squalid warrens of some Lagos market.

The morbid African obsession with superstitious belief and observance is unparalleled in the modern world, and coupled with the sub-region's endemic corruption, remains one of the most significant contributory factors to the uninterrupted economic and social regression that characterises so many sub-Saharan countries, Nigeria prominently inclusive.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by Oluschenco(m): 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2009
Those critisizing the Nigerian police should compare the population of Nigeria with that of the Police and see the ratio.
Police are like us all, they have their parents and families to feed. Giving us information on where to avoid and the numbers to call has shown that they are ready to work, but with little man-power.

Kudos to the source of this Info, May your water never run dry.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by adamsN: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2009
HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Men In Black have beeen able to alert us as well as the ritualists, so its beta biz for the ritualists a they can hav new spotsto do their head cutting and breast detaching. Heads up people, its business as usual.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by ujchief(m): 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2009
if i"m attacked @ Abia, i get 2 cal d police @ lagos, & the men in black will storm the area via helicopter wit their ever ready guns & ambulance 2 safe my arse, kudos
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by bandely(m): 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2009
lol!

After the head is gone? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by ajekpaks(m): 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2009
Kaduna has the highest population of killers?

Na there person dey go school shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by MUZBO(m): 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2009
For the love of Mike, why would anyone go to the 'bank of river Kaduna'? Do they think they share money there? Its a bank for God's sake- river's edge.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by deelaw1: 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2009
mimionye:

i have made up my mind to continue in prayer and not to allow the issue of Nigerian Police to hinder my precious sleep.

Can someone tell me what happened to the ritualist arrested by the police before?

You see,is only God that is saving us in this country,no form of security any where in nigeria.

Even the so called political bigboys are not finding it easy with the insecurity in the country.

reason; the rich can not sleep becos the poor is awake,the poor also can not sleep becos they are hungry.

Today Nigeria,you can not even trust the Police,then, what are we talking about.

let us be carefull and pray to God to protect and preserve us from the hands of evil men.

and dont put your mind in those numbers,as per the areas mentioned,we have to be carefull weither truth or false.

GOD WILL PROTECT US, THIS FINGER WILL DIRECT US,HIS DIVINE GRACE WILL BE WITH US ALL.AMEN

we all need your prayers

Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by Em2va: 3:58am On Oct 19, 2009
Oga Police ye! wetin be dis ye?! You just dey stress us dey vex us, na which kain yawa be dis ye?!
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by asunaobi(m): 7:14am On Oct 19, 2009
Oluschenco:

Those critisizing the Nigerian police should compare the population of Nigeria with that of the Police and see the ratio.
Police are like us all, they have their parents and families to feed. Giving us information on where to avoid and the numbers to call has shown that they are ready to work, but with little man-power.

Kudos to the source of this Info, May your water never run dry.

I am not trying to insult you my brother, but I think your excuse is very weak. It sounds to me like in those days when we were growing up, if we involve in a fight and got beaten up, we always give excuses. I remember one day when I was well beaten up by another child whom I was far older than and my friends were laughing at me, My excuse was that because I missed to have my lunch.

Nigeria is extra wealthy both in natural and human resources, therefore there should be no excuse  at all for this level of insecurity and economic mess that all good loving Nigerians are subjected to.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by sayso: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2009
he that wears the shoe knows where it pains very very well,the poster is an insider so do not blame him/her for that comment.family people dey too.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by Abakua: 9:43am On Oct 19, 2009
In as much as one is expected to take these warnings seriously, the question now remains- where do we then run to? Rationally, one would expect that not withstanding where this emanated from, the police should carry out thorough investigations and if need be, deploy men to these zones intead, we have them going round harrassing innocent civilians while the ones in high places are busy looting from the police stash
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by bolseas(f): 11:36am On Oct 19, 2009
the alert is not a scam.

i am an ardent listener of police diary, a security programme aired on tuesdays and thursdays 8:30 am on Radio Nigeria. the FPRO (Force Public Relations Officer) Mr. Emmanuel Ojukwu announced this alert Last week thursday (15th of OCtober, 2009 precisely) and same was sent to several people including my boss by mail.

usually the FPRO announces the phone numbers of the State PPROs should in case people find them selves in certain situations. these are some of the numbers i have:

1. PPRO Anambra State - 07035678185

2. PPRO Benue State - 08065541997

3. PPRO Cross Rivers State - 08036074860

4. PPRO Ebonyi State - 07061193713

5. PPRO Edo State - 080381566155

6. PPRO Enugu State - 08032003702

7. PPRO F C T - 08061581938 (Mr Moshood)

8. PPRO Gombe State - 08039185070

9. PPRO Imo State - 08034773600

10. PPRO Lagos State- 08060357795
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by bolseas(f): 11:47am On Oct 19, 2009
11. PPRO (Umumahia) Abia State - 08032180971

12. PPRO Ogun State - 08037168147

13. PPRO Ondo State - 08034727875

14. Gbazango Ext II (Kubwa FCT) DPO- 08075339318 (Mr Jaiye)

those are the numbers i have.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by Nezan(m): 11:50am On Oct 19, 2009
^^ Are you sure the numbers are authentic?
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by bolseas(f): 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2009
, well except if the FPRO who appears often on the programme (police diary) with the anchor Kelvin Ogwu is not authentic.

and, who knows may be the FPRO gave out wrong numbers.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by kosovo(m): 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2009
cool
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by otukpo(f): 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2009
THANK U POLICE.
BUT U NEED TO DO MORE.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by eros(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2009
Nigeria O' Nigeria when will thou be a respectable country amongst the nations of the world? What manner of man/woman will kill another for ritual purpose? All in all, it is wise to heed to warning and be careful. There is nothing worse than being cut into pieces and your family not having the chance to bury you.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by asunaobi(m): 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2009
Igboman by birth, but who cares! one Nigeria and united black race at heart, that I care so much. When I heard that my brother Idiagbon was dead I took  one day bereavement leave to honour him. I still remember very well when his presence taunted every Nigerian without him being around you. There was decency! people were scared to mess up even to urinate any how in the public places. He was not the president then but that showed all of us how the power of goodness can overshadow the power of evil. I MISS U SO MUCH BROTHER! AND MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE.
To the Kuti's family, another wasted human resources and great earning potentials for Nigeria. If I was Obasonjo, I hope I spelt his name correct, I could have developed fela to the extent that the whole world will be flocking to Nigeria to spend their money in other to attend fela shows. That was exactly the dreams fela had but those dreams were totally destroyed by our leaders just because of their selfish interests.
I think I have deviated from the topic being discussed, but my brothers and sister please forgive me. I am a very unhappy man. Since I came to live in western world I have being studying them and the way they run their countries. This country that I live in now, their annual bugdet is not up to the annual budget of any state in Nigeria but if you come here and see how everyone is being taken care of. You can see your mirror image on their roads when you drive and this country dont have any crude oil to produce tar for roads.

DO YOU GUYZ KNOW HOW I FEEL? I FEEL LIKE LINING UP ALL OUR LEADERS BOTH PAST AND PRESENT AND GIVING THEM 24 LASHES EVERY DAY! FELA STYLE.

America and other nations are talking of exploring the moon and mars, Nigeria is struggling to stop ritual killings on its soil. When people's brain fail to be developed through efficient and developed educational system which will be affordable and accesible to everyone what happens is that people start developing their brain negatively and that is why we have this kind of primitive nonsense called ritual killing.
Re: Alert From The Nigerian Police Force by Akuviv: 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2009
Instead of mounting unnecessary checkpoints, these MEN IN BLACK should be strategically placed at such danger zones. Unfortunately a cripsy N50 note will blind fold their eyes from seeing these ritualist. They are just good at brutalising innocent citizens. Shame on them all. cry The Lord is our shepard,shield and keeper. God dey ! No shaking! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons / Lai Mohammed's Interview On Channels Tv and the pdp twist. / Wow! The Youngest Nigerian Presidential Aspirant Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.