Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices (15766 Views)

Inside Transsion’s (Mother Company Of Tecno/Infinix) Headquarter In Shanghai. / Launching Of Tecno Camon Cx & Cx Air (Live Updates) / TECNO Releases Video Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by TappGroupNG: 9:08am On Oct 17, 2016
Iamdemola:

They are not there yet but I am sure they will get better year in year out. I used to look down on them too, but looking back at where they are coming from, one will see a big growth, a growth that is making a statement.
I was really surprised by how good the tecno phones have come. They've really become world-class
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by TappGroupNG: 9:10am On Oct 17, 2016
1x2x3:

In my honest opinion I have problem with how tecno phones fades from the market, loses its value in no time and I think this is caused by the high influx of different models. They have to limit how they chunk out phones without significant improvement.

Let the Phantom 6 remain their flagship phone for the next 8 to 10 months before they release something Better but no they will release another one in 2months with P6 specs and 40MP camera.
This is very true though, I think they do it so that they can come up with affordable ranges for all class of customers.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by TappGroupNG: 9:11am On Oct 17, 2016
Fgollado:
Thats what they need to take serzly
Well I'm sure its something their tecno team of engineers will take seriously.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by TappGroupNG: 9:13am On Oct 17, 2016
toluwanimi07:
Bro weytin volvo do u and broda volvo is now 1 of the safest cars in the world oh no go try am
Stop hating on tecno. They've really improved.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by TappGroupNG: 9:17am On Oct 17, 2016
nusdog:

Yeah. I think if they are a really smart company as they claim, they should view the the public criticism of their products as things to work on and make better. But honestly, though I'm not fully convinced, I see them doing the "offensive" in terms of cutting edge technology. So they are not just correcting past mistakes, but are pioneering latest innovations on their own. I hope they can keep up the tempo and not flop on the way.
This is good feedback but I'm sure they consistently work on improving their phones to suit their customers' needs.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Behankey(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
TappGroupNG:

Tecno devices are really great
Yeah. They're doing good. Have you heard about the newly dropped Tecno Droipad 10 Pro II Tablet?
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by TappGroupNG: 1:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
Behankey:
Yeah. They're doing good. Have you heard about the newly dropped Tecno Droipad 10 Pro II Tablet?
Tecno Droipad? No I haven't. I'll go and check it out.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
TappGroupNG:

We use tecno and we can say that they have really improved their product ranges.

By saying "we" pls can you be more specific so people know what you are saying exactly.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2016
TappGroupNG:

I was really surprised by how good the tecno phones have come. They've really become world-class

They are not there yet, but the growth they have made deserves some kudos. It's amazing how people here are giving them knocks. People who are using their latest devices, phantom 6 & 6+ have attested to the fact that these devices are world class. This is highly commendable in my opinion
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
Can we classify them as cheap then?

funmyade:

I like your point joo. See ehn, I don't like comparing phones either and i dont think Tecno is comparing itself with any brand either. They started from somewhere, and looking back, one has to give kudos to them for attaining this level in such a short time and the message, I believe they are passing, is that you don't have to break the bank to have these "luxurious" devices (u get what I mean). And as to the chipset ehn, I believe with time, they will get it right.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by nusdog: 8:28am On Oct 20, 2016
TappGroupNG:

This is good feedback but I'm sure they consistently work on improving their phones to suit their customers' needs.

Yeah. You're right. A few things changed my initial bias sometime around early 2014 and the consistency has since been there.

Even at times, when I feel Tecno didn't live to expectations, looking more closely I come to realize they were probably targeting a particular group or market in order to let them have the phones at affordable cost. cool cool

All in all, the only "bad" thing about Tecno phones presently like someone said on Twitter is just stereotyped name "Tecno". grin
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Marvell23(m): 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
nusdog:

Yeah. You're right. A few things changed my initial bias sometime around early 2014 and the consistency has since been there.

Even at times, when I feel Tecno didn't live to expectations, looking more closely I come to realize they were probably targeting a particular group or market in order to let them have the phones at affordable cost. cool cool

All in all, the only "bad" thing about Tecno phones presently like someone said on Twitter is just stereotyped name "Tecno". grin
that means more brand awareness for them I guess?
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by oluwadaemilola: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
Phantom is bae
this phone is baddest walahi
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by shiftback: 7:47am On Oct 21, 2016
nusdog:

Exactly, to make it affordable they had to cut cost somewhere.
Some pple want expensively assembled phones to.cost a pittance.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
Iamdemola:
Can we classify them as cheap then?

not cheap, but affordable i think. One of their execs said sometimes on radio, sometimes ago that they dont have to drain our pocket to give us the best phones. I agree with that.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
I dont think the name is stereotype. We are just being biased in our judgment. Let's look at that the quality of devices they churn our in recent times. If the name Samsung, LG or Gionee work, then Tecno works too

nusdog:

Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
funmyade:

not cheap, but affordable i think. One of their execs said sometimes on radio, sometimes ago that they dont have to drain our pocket to give us the best phones. I agree with that.

I agree with you. I think i heard it when it aired. Their devices are absolutely of great design. One will fall in lovr easily
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
Behankey:

I heard about it. But the fuss of the phantom is overshadowing it
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by FrozeBABE: 7:37am On Oct 25, 2016
tmanis:
hehehe.... I didnt buy it oo, they didnt make the yellowish purple color that i liked, so i just vexed....
Lol.. Hilarious. Yellowish purple. Even an artistic person has not tot of the mixture
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by FrozeBABE: 7:46am On Oct 25, 2016
Iamdemola:

They are not there yet, but the growth they have made deserves some kudos. It's amazing how people here are giving them knocks. People who are using their latest devices, phantom 6 & 6+ have attested to the fact that these devices are world class. This is highly commendable in my opinion
Well spoken.. .i think pple should learn to Welcm New innovations. These guys are getting bera on a daily.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by excanny: 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
MTK's Helio X20 used on Tecno phantom 6+ edges out slightly the Snapdragon processor used on the Samsung S7 edge. So I'm not even a bit surprised with what the benchmark results are confirming.

I just hope that Tecno quickly switches to the Helio X30 in their flagship devices next year.

This X30 chipset is incredibly powerful and tests so far just shows it outsmarts, outmaneuvers and trumps all known Snapdragon chipsets on Samsung. cool cool
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Gptech(m): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2016
excanny:
MTK's Helio X20 used on Tecno phantom 6+ edges out slightly the Snapdragon processor used on the Samsung S7 edge. So I'm not even a bit surprised with what the benchmark results are confirming.

I just hope that Tecno quickly switches to the Helio X30 in their flagship devices next year.

This X30 chipset is incredibly powerful and tests so far just shows it outsmarts, outmaneuvers and trumps all known Snapdragon chipsets on Samsung. cool cool
Bros where you get that info from? Or are you trying to deliberately mislead us? undecided
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Abdstrakt(m): 9:18am On Oct 25, 2016
1x2x3:

In my honest opinion I have problem with how tecno phones fades from the market, loses its value in no time and I think this is caused by the high influx of different models. They have to limit how they chunk out phones without significant improvement.

Let the Phantom 6 remain their flagship phone for the next 8 to 10 months before they release something Better but no they will release another one in 2months with P6 specs and 40MP camera.

Consumers have different mobile needs and varying financial clout and Tecno wants to cater for the different market segments hence the release of different models.
Every single OEM adopts this model save for Apple.

Their flaghips are released every 1yr. phantom 5 was released September of 2015, so expect the next phantom 3rd Quarter of 2017 not in 2months time.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by excanny: 9:38am On Oct 25, 2016
Gptech:

Bros where you get that info from? Or are you trying to deliberately mislead us? undecided

Mislead? In this age of information?

The facts are there all over the internet and they are sure to surprise you. Go figure.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by tmanis(m): 11:29am On Oct 25, 2016
FrozeBABE:

Lol.. Hilarious. Yellowish purple. Even an artistic person has not tot of the mixture
well, its just one of my favorite colours, you know, greenish black, redish blue wink
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by tmanis(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2016
excanny:

are you seriously serious right now?? ?? ??
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Gptech(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
excanny:

Mislead? In this age of information?

The facts are there all over the internet and they are sure to surprise you. Go figure.
SMH, please explain the area you can compare mediatek x20 to snapdragon 820,what the mediatek x20 competes with is the midranger snapdragon 652.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Norman4real(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
Gptech:

SMH, please explain the area you can compare mediatek x20 to snapdragon 820,what the mediatek x20 competes with is the midranger snapdragon 652.
Actually the x20 and x25 beat the snapdragon 801 and 810 but the 820 is still more powerful. However the x30, which will be featured on next year's phones is better than the 820, i saw a site where its benchmark scores were tested.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by excanny: 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Gptech:

Refer to page 1, actually page 0. See the benchmark tests.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Gptech(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
excanny:

Refer to page 1, actually page 0. See the benchmark tests.
Hmm interesting, have you bothered to check the results in the link with what is comparable on other very credible links? I just really want to believe you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you should be aware that the mtk x20 cannot achieve 100k in antutu whereas the snapdragon 820 achieves up to 150k.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by excanny: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
Gptech:

Hmm interesting, have you bothered to check the results in the link with what is comparable on other very credible links? I just really want to believe you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you should be aware that the mtk x20 cannot achieve 100k in antutu whereas the snapdragon 820 achieves up to 150k.

I have read many articles on this subject outside this thread.

The only thing is I see is that you are a bit careless when it comes to reading through simple English.

I said earlier that the many sources I read from say that the Helio X20 beats the Snapdragon 820 slightly ( Check my initial post up ^ there: I used the word "slightly"wink

This was one of the many sources I read.

http://candytech.in/mediatek-helio-x20-vs-snapdragon-820-vs-exynos-8890/
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Norman4real(m): 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
excanny:

I have read many articles on this subject outside this thread.

The only thing is I see is that you are a bit careless when it comes to reading through simple English.

I said earlier that the many sources I read from say that the Helio X20 beats the Snapdragon 820 slightly ( Check my initial post up ^ there: I used the word "slightly"wink

This was one of the many sources I read.

http://candytech.in/mediatek-helio-x20-vs-snapdragon-820-vs-exynos-8890/
According to this link you gave, the mediatek only has better multi-core performance. in general the 820 is still better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

24 Hours With Tecno's Latest Tablet. / Opera Mini 4.1 On Nokia 2630 / Difference between .Sis n .Sisx on symbian phones!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.