Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike (6507 Views)

5 Nigerian Big Boys That Were Killed By Power Bike Accidents (Photos) / Man Carrying A Lady At The Front Of A Bike. Photo Goes Viral / Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 9:35am On Oct 05, 2016
Good day great people with great minds. I am interested in acquiring a power bike
1. I don't know how to ride a bike but I can ride a bicycle
2. I don't need something fast or show off
3. I need a good Nigerian used one because of my thin budget, what will you advice I watch out for when inspecting.
4. I heard Willoughby in oyingbo area is the best place to get a deal, is this true?
5. Is diy easy on power bike and the best and easy bike to own and maintain is?
6. I intend to use it between Lagos and ogun state.

Thank you as you give an unbiased information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by Alvin007: 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2016
Following...I need the Harley Davidson touring....it's been invading my thoughts lately.
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
Lexusgs:

To graduate from bicycle aka pushbike to Powerbike, is not an easy sometin.
I would advice you get a moped, possibly 125CC.
Its like attempting to drive a real buggatti, with the same ferocity one derives from forza...........

thanks for that, but obviously am going to train with a bajaj first or boxer before attempting to ride a power bike, life has no duplicate

2 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by diportivo: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2016
nurey:
Good day great people with great minds. I am interested in acquiring a power bike

Let me derail small.....vex at ur own peril cheesy

For number one,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Beta goan rent bajaj motorcycle and go learn how u will use ur hand to accelerate and ur foot to shift between gears while ur oda hand is clutching down angry

For number 2

If these qualities are what u seek,then I don't see the point in owning a power bike undecided

Get a moped aka vespa aka scooter as suggested by oga lexus

Problem is,na hand that one gear dey oh tongue

1 Like

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2016
diportivo:

Let me derail small.....vex at ur own peril cheesy

For number one,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Beta goan rent bajaj motorcycle and go learn how u will use ur hand to accelerate and ur foot to shift between gears while ur oda hand is clutching down angry

For number 2

If these qualities are what u seek,then I don't see the point in owning a power bike undecided

Get a moped aka vespa aka scooter as suggested by oga lexus

Problem is,na hand that one gear dey oh tongue

oga mi read number two well, i dont need something fast (means i dont intend to prove anything to anyone on road tongue) or show off (i dont need harley davidson or the ducati just to prove i am wealthy cheesy)

besides i learned how to ride babur (glorified vespa wink ) in kano its an auto gear, it changes by it self i just focus on brake, when to stop accelerating and maintain my lane shikena grin

3 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nurey, don't do it.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by diportivo: 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2016
nurey:

besides i learned how to ride babur (glorified vespa wink ) in kano its an auto gear, it changes by it self i just focus on brake, when to stop accelerating and maintain my lane shikena grin

Better to be safe than to be sorry grin

BTW,iv always wondered if there isn't auto power bikes

I wldnt bother with a manual if I can buy an auto

GAZZUZZ:
Nurey, don't do it.

And why should he listen to u

2 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by tmanis(m): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2016
Oh! Ive got one for you, it has a W12 engine, as fine as you like them
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2016
tmanis:
Oh! Ive got one for you, it has a W12 engine, as fine as you like them

i wont touch a power bike with W12 engine with a 6 feet pole, i didnt say i want to catch a glipmse of how heaven looks like grin

6 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by sultaan(m): 4:02am On Oct 06, 2016
Lexusgs:

I wonder o. Be like say peeps for nairaland love you wella.
4 tyres are always beta dan 2..............

And the man repairing four wheels has to protect his chop money grin

Op is this an economic alternative or just plaything

2 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by Alvin007: 8:28am On Oct 06, 2016
nurey:

oga mi read number two well, i dont need something fast (means i dont intend to prove anything to anyone on road tongue) or show off (i dont need harley davidson or the ducati just to prove i am wealthy cheesy)

Riding either of the aforementioned bikes above doesn't necessarily mean you're tryna show off or trying to impress...it's just a matter of preference. After all, who bears with the consequences of acquiring such..? Is it the people u are tryna impress?
I wonder why peeps try to discourage loved ones from riding bikes...been going through this ordeal for months..y'all make it sound like riding a bike is equivalent to having a death wish.. angry
Y'all should see the good sides...like spending less on fuel, ability to easily evade traffic...and yea...I know about the rain Ish.. tongue I'll get a weather forecast before riding out! grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
diportivo:

And why should he listen to u

Because in 2006, my landlady's 1st son (Mohammed) who was working then with FAAN got knocked down on Adeola Odeku & had his spinal cord broken.

Well, he gave up the ghost few days later when he was being flown to Saudi-Arabia for treatment. He was 32 when he died.

Ever since I heard that story, I vowed never to own or ride a bike in my entire life.
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2016
Zoharariel:

Because in 2006, my landlady's 1st son (Mohammed) who was working then with FAAN got knocked down on Adeola Odeku & had his spinal cord broken.

Well, he gave up the ghost few days later when he was being flown to Saudi-Arabia for treatment. He was 32 when he died.

Ever since I heard that story, I vowed never to own or ride a bike in my entire life.

We all die someday and some how, if you look death in the eye, then a shinigami will never take your soul from your body.

I only need the bike for a rough terrain. With bike it takes about 30minute journey, with car it's around 1hr to 1hr 20mins journey depending on season.

My sienna and aunts navigator are beginning to complain of the bad road

2 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by sultaan(m): 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2016
Then all you needs is a jeep wrangler, Tacoma grin

A dirt bike will be perfect if there is little traffic on your route
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
sultaan:
Then all you needs is a jeep wrangler, Tacoma grin

A dirt bike will be perfect if there is little traffic on your route

I already transverse with a Lincoln navigator which has a higher ground clearance and a capable offroader like the Tacoma.

Besides am not financially capable at all to buy and maintain the right car for the road reason for the bike. I can't buy a Bajaj either because of ban of Okada and the trouble of local government boys

My issue is the particular road is 30 or 40km and the whole stretch is offroad. Using a bike is faster than car and the vibration the wheel gets is transmitted to my poor hands.

1 Like

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by diportivo: 11:32pm On Oct 06, 2016
nurey:

. I can't buy a Bajaj either because of ban of Okada and the trouble of local government boys

Go and buy that bullpower okada....200cc or so

Its approved

Ask gazzuzz abt jt
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:22am On Oct 07, 2016
diportivo:

Go and buy that bullpower okada....200cc or so

Its approved

Ask gazzuzz abt jt

why leaking my secret? angry
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by andre82(m): 7:42am On Oct 07, 2016
Nurey,

Hmmm

Hmmmm

Hmmmmm

Witnessed an okada rider's head getting smashed into pulp two days ago. He got entagled in between the last two tires of a truck. His body parts were picked one by one in a black polythene bag.

Anyways, ours is to advise, yours is to do what seems right to you.

Wish you best of luck.
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by andre82(m): 7:47am On Oct 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Oga, can I contact you through WhatsApp? Just need about 5 minutes of your time pls. If I can, your number pls. Thank you.
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by diportivo: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Saying u r a major distributor of a certain type of okada is food for business na

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2016
andre82:
Oga, can I contact you through WhatsApp? Just need about 5 minutes of your time pls. If I can, your number pls. Thank you.

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by Conner44: 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
nurey:

Using a bike is faster than car and the vibration the wheel gets is transmitted to my poor hands.

You're using a car and the vibration is so bad your hands are beginning to be POOR

Okay o

But remember where the vibrations will be affecting when riding a bike... It will be your azz... And it won't be poor like your hands

It will be wretched grin

Buy the bike to transverse that particular road at your own peril. Ask Okada riders what they pass through and know what's up

1 Like

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by mma007: 6:08am On Apr 15, 2017
Visit today for massive discounts on road bikes, Carbon bike wheels, hybrid bikes & MTB. We offer cycling accessories at low prices.
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Zoharariel:

Should I bother posting all the bodies that have littered Nigerias road from Peace Mass Transit "safe" cages?

A coward dies a thousand times.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 15, 2017
nurey:
3. I need a good Nigerian used one because of my thin budget, what will you advice I watch out for when inspecting.
4. I heard Willoughby in oyingbo area is the best place to get a deal, is this true?
5. Is diy easy on power bike and the best and easy bike to own and maintain is?
6. I intend to use it between Lagos and ogun state.

Thank you as you give an unbiased information.

1) You're halfway there. Balance is key.
2) Good idea for a beginner.
3) If anything like Brutus, my Nigeria used 4Runner, be prepared to sort stuff out. At minimum, I would like my own brand new set of tires, brake pads. A tire blowout or brake failure on a superbike could be fatal.
4) No clue, none.
5) Could be. My current bike has a belt driven alternator. She has K&N air filter, high-performance sparkplugs and coils. Undecided on a custom tune yet. grin
6) Perfect. Inter state much better than intra state for a beginner.

Don't let the nancies discourage you. I won't tell you to go one way or the other but simply answer your questions.

If I can't straddle a bike then I might as well be dead.

1 Like

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3743723/big-joe-bus-trailer-accident

No motorcycle/motorcyclist was involved in this crash.

Life is for the living.

1 Like

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by Originalsly: 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2017
After riding tricicyle bicycle a power bike is best for you to move up to motor cycles. With experience you can eventually be ready to ride mopeds. Don't let them discourage you.... like learning to ride a bicycle... you'll have a few falls... but don't worry... powerbike aren't that heavy to crush your legs... they'll just crack them if you have sturdy legs... or just common leg breakage and a few cracked ribs. And don't worry if you happen to open the throttle and the bike jets away with you. .. it will eventually be stopped...and so would you. Good luck.... your small budget may be able to buy at least the front wheel and headlights.

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
Thanks to those who discouraged me 4 years ago, now the basic requirements for my new job expects me to learn how to ride a bike or you get fired.

Tried Once, bike fell on my leg and I got a scratch, I have been shying away since then I have to learn by fire by force else grin

Any pointers it's a 125cc but heavier than bajaj

5 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by TPound(m): 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Because i didn't carry it when I came around abi? angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

please help: RPM Too High On My 2005 Toyota Camry / Here Are Common CVT Transmission Problems In Honda / Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.