Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike (6540 Views)

5 Nigerian Big Boys That Were Killed By Power Bike Accidents (Photos) / Man Carrying A Lady At The Front Of A Bike. Photo Goes Viral / Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
nurey:
Thanks to those who discouraged me 4 years ago, now the basic requirements for my new job expects me to learn how to ride a bike or you get fired.

Tried Once, bike fell on my leg and I got a scratch, I have been shying away since then I have to learn by fire by force else grin

Any pointers it's a 125cc but heavier than bajaj

Welcome on board .

Kindly start with at least 250cc air cooled Suzuki you should be fine.
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Welcome on board .

Kindly start with at least 250cc air cooled Suzuki you should be fine.

The 125cc is company standard my issue is any pointer to riding bike
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by okoroemeka(m): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2020
nurey:
Good day great people with great minds. I am interested in acquiring a power bike
1. I don't know how to ride a bike but I can ride a bicycle
2. I don't need something fast or show off
3. I need a good Nigerian used one because of my thin budget, what will you advice I watch out for when inspecting.
4. I heard Willoughby in oyingbo area is the best place to get a deal, is this true?
5. Is diy easy on power bike and the best and easy bike to own and maintain is?
6. I intend to use it between Lagos and ogun state.

Thank you as you give an unbiased information.
honestly I don't know how you got the idea of riding a power bike from a bicycle it will not end well,I had such ideas when I was in school and my dear friend told me to halt buying one until I have actually riden one to know if it is what I really wanted,we got a Kawasaki ninja with 4 cylinders and after a few turns with it I decided that I still have things to do with my life,the power,acceralation,balance is something else,it's best left for fearless men that has ridden bikes for many years, imagine riding something with two wheels with so much power that I can't think of any vehicle in Nigeria that can overtake that beast of a bike the Kawasaki gpz9000 ninja, 0 to 97-100 km/hr in 3.5 seconds,

6 Likes

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
okoroemeka:
honestly I don't know how you got the idea of riding a power bike from a bicycle it will not end well,I had such ideas when I was in school and my dear friend told me to halt buying one until I have actually riden one to know if it is what I really wanted,we got a Kawasaki ninja with 4 cylinders and after a few turns with it I decided that I still have things to do with my life,the power,acceralation,balance is something else,it's best left for fearless men that has ridden bikes for many years, imagine riding something with two wheels with so much power that I can't think of any vehicle in Nigeria that can overtake that beast of a bike the Kawasaki gpz9000 ninja, 0 to 97-100 km/hr in 3.5 seconds,

Do you want to live forever? Won't it be a blessing to die riding what you love grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2020
nurey:

The 125cc is company standard my issue is any pointer to riding bike

If you can drive manual car and ride a bike, then just find a large parking lot and ride alone, in a couple of minutes you will get the hang of it.
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 9:31pm On Mar 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

If you can drive manual car and ride a bike, then just find a large parking lot and ride alone, in a couple of minutes you will get the hang of it.

I dey move manual wella I no be indomie generation. Issue is with steady handle and interchange of clutch to hand, gear to leg
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
nurey:

I dey move manual wella I no be indomie generation. Issue is with steady handle and interchange of clutch to hand, gear to leg

I learned that on my own in both cases. I am sure you will be fine.
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by LeJeun3: 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2020
diportivo:

Let me derail small.....vex at ur own peril cheesy

For number one,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Beta goan rent bajaj motorcycle and go learn how u will use ur hand to accelerate and ur foot to shift between gears while ur oda hand is clutching down angry

For number 2

If these qualities are what u seek,then I don't see the point in owning a power bike undecided

Get a moped aka vespa aka scooter as suggested by oga lexus

Problem is,na hand that one gear dey oh tongue

Fired this thing back then in school...

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34am On Mar 18, 2020
Good reasons to own a bike

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by valgbo(m): 11:47am On Mar 19, 2020
nurey:

We all die someday and some how, if you look death in the eye, then a shinigami will never take your soul from your body.

I only need the bike for a rough terrain. With bike it takes about 30minute journey, with car it's around 1hr to 1hr 20mins journey de pending on season.

My sienna and aunts navigator are beginning to complain of the bad road
then get a dirt bike bro a second hand one should be cheap..... Also nice death note reference

EDIT: Oh it's an old thread sorry, for matter on ground just find one football field and ride round it till you start getting used to it you'll be surprised at the amount of progress u can make in a day

1 Like

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by okoroemeka(m): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
nurey:

Do you want to live forever? Won't it be a blessing to die riding what you love grin
my brother that power bike is like a drug, immediately you climb into it you are transformed to Valentino Rossi and you will not allow anything to overtake you on the highway,it's too fast and very dangerous for a guy like me that likes some bottles of legend stout with my pepper soup,it will be a combination that will have only one outcome,mangled limbs and brain splattered on the highway.

1 Like

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by Yongi99(m): 8:33am On Mar 25, 2020
okoroemeka:

why would you even start on a gpz900, that bike is for experienced riders. your friend didn't advice you well you would have looked for a ninja 250 or ninja 400 and enjoy your ride.
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by Yongi99(m): 8:34am On Mar 25, 2020
grin
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 8:16am On Aug 06, 2021
2 years after I realized there is no expert in bike riding, you fall if you intend to prove stubborn or defy law of physics grin

It's fun riding a Bike as you wizz pass traffic and slide through sand.
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by okoroemeka(m): 9:07am On Aug 06, 2021
nurey:
2 years after I realized there is no expert in bike riding, you fall if you intend to prove stubborn or defy law of physics grin

It's fun riding a Bike as you wizz pass traffic and slide through sand.
it is fun riding a bike you can control the power,the accerlaration of most power bikes defy law of physics,I just got myself a 50cc Honda dio scooter last year in nnewi for #120k,I love the ease of shutting effortless in a bike but I don't want to die in the process
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2021
okoroemeka:
it is fun riding a bike you can control the power,the accerlaration of most power bikes defy law of physics,I just got myself a 50cc Honda dio scooter last year in nnewi for #120k,I love the ease of shutting effortless in a bike but I don't want to die in the process

Wear a helmet, keep a respectable speed and you did survive
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by NamedEnna: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
nurey:

So

- which bike did you ultimately get
- ease of getting the power bike's spare parts
- best gist for new riders
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
NamedEnna:

So

- which bike did you ultimately get
Haujue xpress 125cc
- ease of getting the power bike's spare parts
Bought brand-new won't need parts until after a year
- best gist for new riders
You would inadvertently fall many times, pick yourself up and never give up grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by OrgasmGiver(m): 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
Very insightful thread. Nurey I want to be like you when I am old
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by okoroemeka(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
nurey:

my scooter will not even go past 60km/h,it is speed limited to go no further,but I don't think you can keep a respectable speed in a power bike,once you start the engine you are possessed by a Japanese speed spirit that will not allow anything to overtake you,infact if you are riding a power bike and okada man,corolla,Camry,etc overtakes you then you have no business riding it,I recently watched a video of a power bike dusting a Bugatti Veyron and a Lamborghini murcilego, incredible speed,
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by nurey(m): 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
okoroemeka:
my scooter will not even go past 60km/h,it is speed limited to go no further,but I don't think you can keep a respectable speed in a power bike,once you start the engine you are possessed by a Japanese speed spirit that will not allow anything to overtake you,infact if you are riding a power bike and okada man,corolla,Camry,etc overtakes you then you have no business riding it,I recently watched a video of a power bike dusting a Bugatti Veyron and a Lamborghini murcilego, incredible speed,

If you have seen a colleagues remains picked on the road inside polyethylene bag then you will control yourself when that speed spirit tries to possess you grin
Re: I Am Interested In Getting A Power Bike by NamedEnna: 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
nurey:

If you have seen a colleagues remains picked on the road inside polyethylene bag then you will control yourself when that speed spirit tries to possess you grin

This comment is hereby stamped and approved by the Federal Council of Common Sense (FCCS)...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Buying Tips / Jiji Fake Buyers And Inquiries / Driving Tips For Drivers On How To Drive During Harmattan Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.