Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Buhari Lied In His Book Tinubu Rejected Vice Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Lied In His Book Tinubu Rejected Vice Presidency (524 Views)

Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech – Junaid Mohammed / "Buhari Lied Against Jonathan On Christmas Day" - Reno Omokri / Lere Olayinka: Buhari's Lied As His Classmates Visit Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Lied In His Book Tinubu Rejected Vice Presidency by guru03(m): 11:52am On Oct 05, 2016
Contrary to claims made in a new authorised biography on President Muhammadu Buhari, that he chose Yemi Osinbajo over Asiwaju Tinubu as his running mate in the 2015 presidential election, it has now been revealed that Tinubu rejected the vice presidency, Naij reports.
New information has come to light that All Progressives Congress national leader, Tinubu in an official statement in 2014, turned down Buhari's offer to act as his running mate in the presidential elections.
"It is against this backdrop that I assess any action I take. Here I come to my name being placed in consideration as the Vice Presidential candidate for our party, the APC.
"I have laboured hard to move this party from being merely an idea in the minds of a few into being a political organisation that might win this election and govern the nation in way that gives the people the hope and opportunity they seek. Nothing is more important to me than to realise this dream not for myself but for the people of this land I so love.
"I helped to build this party, giving no thought to seeking an elected office because of it. My contribution to the party was never based on the expectation of a later political handout. Nigeria is in trouble and we are well past the moment for such narrow, selfish games," Tinubu's statement read.
News24 previously reported how Buhari chose Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo as his running partner in the 2015 presidential elections despite an apparent strong opposition from All Progressives Congress national leader.
The book detailed how despite the general consensus, Tinubu was not instrumental in the emergence of Osinbajo and strongly opposed the selection of him as Buhari's running mate.
Meanwhile according to reports, Tinubu and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar recently advised President Buhari on ways the current recession affecting the country could be ended.
Tinubu added that the economic recession in Nigeria, requires sacrifice from all Nigerians to see the nation come of the tough situation.

Source: http://www.news24.com.ng/National/News/buhari-lied-in-his-book-tinubu-rejected-vice-presidency-20161005
Re: Buhari Lied In His Book Tinubu Rejected Vice Presidency by Mynd44: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2016
Re: Buhari Lied In His Book Tinubu Rejected Vice Presidency by sekundosekundo: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2016
They say Buhari wrote a book

Re: Buhari Lied In His Book Tinubu Rejected Vice Presidency by Olu317(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2016
where are the liars accusing JAGABAN of wanting to be vice president.?
Re: Buhari Lied In His Book Tinubu Rejected Vice Presidency by PaulIdu: 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
Buhari and books are like 1 and 100

(1) (Reply)

FG Set For Abuja, Lagos Stadiums Concession / Though Many Judges Are Corrupt, But It’s Wrong Using DSS To Arrest Them - MELAYE / BREAKING: Nigeria’s Secret Police, SSS, Releases Detained Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.