Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,778 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

Make sure u find out the 4g band ur phone supports before buying any 4g simcard - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Make sure u find out the 4g band ur phone supports before buying any 4g simcard (12665 Views)

Any 4g LTE Smartphone I Can Get For 30k? / How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset / Ntel 4g Simcard- What Kind Of Modem Would It Work With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make sure u find out the 4g band ur phone supports before buying any 4g simcard by Bossman(m): 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
And GLO deployed their LTE on the very rarely used band 28(700). As I posted in the other threads, verify that, if your phone has 4G, it has the correct 4G bands that your network is using. AS already posted, MTN deployed their LTE on the other common LTE bands. 7 and 20. So, your device should get LTE on that network.

Ehitunez:
the infinix hot s supports these bands 4G Network LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Re: Make sure u find out the 4g band ur phone supports before buying any 4g simcard by Bossman(m): 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
Actually, thet band 28 is so uncommon it's almost funny. See the LIst by country here. Band 28 is listed for a few countries in South America - Brazil, Chile, Belize, Panama, etc. What a joke GLO!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

PMONEY6:
When I first heard the news about the controversial glo 4G LTE, I suspected some phishing deal.
For instance; when mtn was about to launch its 4G, the news was in everywhere for several months.
So Ntel too.
Now all of a sudden, glo just came out to announced this ridiculous 4G that has zero value.

Why haven't they come out to address the public as to why they are using this unpopular band?
The most annoying part is that, they (glo) are fully aware of this lack of supported devices yet they are sending sms to people to approach their offices for LTE activation.

Old men/women with touch light phones who have no Idea on browsing the internet over crowded glo office yesterday just because of the sms they received that they should go and upgrade their sim for LTE .

Can you imagine that? Don't they know the phone their customers are using?(imei)

This whole idea is to monetize the stuff cus I doubt if glo truly supports 4G yet.
Re: Make sure u find out the 4g band ur phone supports before buying any 4g simcard by sanyahkod(m): 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2016
Pls I'm about to buy Infinix Zero 3 but I don't know what 4G versions it's using.

Checking the review, I only saw 4G-LTE.

Would it work on MTN's 4G?
Re: Make sure u find out the 4g band ur phone supports before buying any 4g simcard by Bossman(m): 10:09am On Oct 13, 2016
It is listed as having one of the bands MTN uses for 4G, band 7.

http://www.infinixauthority.com/infinix-zero-3/

sanyahkod:
Pls I'm about to buy Infinix Zero 3 but I don't know what 4G versions it's using.

Checking the review, I only saw 4G-LTE.

Would it work on MTN's 4G?
Re: Make sure u find out the 4g band ur phone supports before buying any 4g simcard by sanyahkod(m): 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
Bossman:

Thanks bro
Re: Make sure u find out the 4g band ur phone supports before buying any 4g simcard by pleasureosondu(m): 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
Bossman:

What about zero 4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NTEL Coverage Areas In Lagos / How To Care For Your Smartphone Battery / Easiest Way To Make Lyrics For Your Ttpod Using Your Cell Phone Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.