Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Why Are The North Treating Us Like This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The North Treating Us Like This (1354 Views)

'nigeria Treats Us Like Slaves' - But Is Biafra The Answer? / HELP US!!! The Hausa Almajiris Are Planning To Butcher Us Like Suya Tonight – Yo / CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Ooni: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2016
We southwesterners really need to adress this issue because the table is fast turning on us.

I cant seem to understand why the north treating us like this despite decades of unalloyed loyalty to them. They seem to always reward us with punishment instead of support. We have sacrificed so many things to make them like and appreciate our loyalty yet they treat us with disrespect, disdain and kick us around like nothing.

We first sacrificed Ilorin to the fulani, sacrificed afonja our military commander,

over the course of history, they used our sage awolowo to fight Ibos. They instead of making him president, they rewarded with the title of "the best president Nigeria never had" and he died upon taking rat poison.

They also used Benjamin Adekunle to fight the war. When we won, they shared to booty among themselve, leaving our black scorpion with no oil well, and not even a decent house. He died unsung while the Ibo rebel ojukwu was given a state burial, is it good?

We cannot forget dele giwa, we cant forget Oladipo diya. It took diya a bitter wail on national tv to be spared by Abacha

Again our son, abiola won an election but was killed. We were not even allowed to carry placards in Abuja. Worse still his wife was killed and the accused is said to be working freely in the streets of kano. Neither abiola nor wife is being remembered today. Is it fair?

We remember OBJ, if the Ibos didnt intervene he would have died like the rest since he was already seeing his last days in prison.

Notice that almost these our heroes i mentioned above tasted inprisonment at various stages of their bridge building careers.

Today jagaban appear to have fallen out with them again after they used him to market sai baba. They have cut him to size and are planning to hijack his party. They have used and dumped us again. They have dumped jagaban so hard that his ass is beginning to leak. They might even jail him if he doesnt stop playing rambo.

Today we are no longer one, while Ibos and Niger delta are agitating for self determination, some of us like afenifere want restructuring, some want odua republic, some want seperate status for lagos while some like tinubu want subservience to north.

What shall we do?
All odua clans, including those under fulani should gather let us discuss the way foward now.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Armaggedon: 10:49am On Oct 06, 2016
op the problem is that the west is too treacherous. Tinubu has finished them. I am happy people like you are learning.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by kaltonga: 10:57am On Oct 06, 2016
Armaggedon:
op the problem is that the west is too treacherous. Tinubu has finished them. I am happy people like you are learning.
the op is the only resonable Yoruba in this forum and he earned my respect..but wait oo,hausa take style wicked sha.....grabs a helmet, waiting for afonjas cos this friendly fire must be bloody.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by OreMI22: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2016
Seun, please remove this tribal post to advertisement section.

It is spoiling our little unity between the tribes of Nigeria.
Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Ooni: 11:07am On Oct 06, 2016
OreMI22:

this is the problem with us. Leaving substance to pursue shadow. Where did i mention any tribe now?

6 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 06, 2016
Very funny but true state of the South West.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Armaggedon: 11:14am On Oct 06, 2016
OreMI22:

because you dont like the post. I could even see where he called tribes to warrant being labeled tribalistic

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by orunto27: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2016
How did the Ibos help OBJ from Abacha?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Ooni: 11:27am On Oct 06, 2016
coolitempa:

A moronic post by an ipob imb.ecile.... grin grin
they have come for my head. They want me to hide the truth but i will say it.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by success1smyn(m): 11:31am On Oct 06, 2016
orunto27:
hi, u name rings a bell are u from orunto family in ile-ife?
Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Ooni: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2016
orunto27:
hmm...you are still asking. Have u forgotten abacha already killed shehu musa yaradua already and obj waiting for his turn before abacha's Ibo allies prevailed on him to pity Obj. We already carried green leaves and placards around south west and it yielded nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by felixlovu: 11:38am On Oct 06, 2016
Ore,tell us wat u know about d story of afonjas and d fulanis and how d fulanis are running d so called govt of ilorin today.tinubu manage to put a yoruba man as VP,saraki is d SP,gbajamila is in d lower chamber.all dis gonna cause confusion and ethnic fight betweens nigerians wat we need is whoever is holding any power in d federal or state level they should do wat we want and make dis country a better place to stay.am a yoruba man
Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Justiceleague1: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2016
OreMI22:

truth is only bitter to demons..
I am not calling u a demon o,am only making a point am sure u understand.
Kiss the truth.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by GBTYO: 11:45am On Oct 06, 2016
OreMI22:

It's now you are looking for national unity with the south after your betrayal

8 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Diademk07: 11:49am On Oct 06, 2016
Ooni:
We southwesterners really need to adress this issue because the table is fast turning on us.

I cant seem to understand why the north treating us like this despite decades of unalloyed loyalty to them. They seem to always reward us with punishment instead of support. We have sacrificed so many things to make them like and appreciate our loyalty yet they treat us with disrespect, disdain and kick us around like nothing.

We first sacrificed Ilorin to the fulani, sacrificed afonja our military commander,

over the course of history, they used our sage awolowo to fight Ibos. They instead of making him president, they rewarded with the title of "the best president Nigeria never had" and he died upon taking rat poison.

They also used Benjamin Adekunle to fight the war. When we won, they shared to booty among themselve, leaving our black scorpion with no oil well, and not even a decent house. He died unsung while the Ibo rebel ojukwu was given a state burial, is it good?

We cannot forget dele giwa, we cant forget Oladipo diya. It took diya a bitter wail on national tv to be spared by Abacha

Again our son, abiola won an election but was killed. We were not even allowed to carry placards in Abuja. Worse still his wife was killed and the accused is said to be working freely in the streets of kano. Neither abiola nor wife is being remembered today. Is it fair?

We remember OBJ, if the Ibos didnt intervene he would have died like the rest since he was already seeing his last days in prison.

Notice that almost these our heroes i mentioned above tasted inprisonment at various stages of their bridge building careers.

Today jagaban appear to have fallen out with them again after they used him to market sai baba. They have cut him to size and are planning to hijack his party. They have used and dumped us again. They have dumped jagaban so hard that his ass is beginning to leak. They might even jail him if he doesnt stop playing rambo.

Today we are no longer one, while Ibos and Niger delta are agitating for self determination, some of us like afenifere want restructuring, some want odua republic, some want seperate status for lagos while some like tinubu want subservience to north.

What shall we do?
All odua clans, including those under fulani should gather let us discuss the way foward now.

Don't concern yourself with us, rather face your ibo folks that are going extinct day by day! You have it worse than us, okay?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by midol: 11:52am On Oct 06, 2016
coolitempa:

your truth stinks like the crap that comes out of your anal orifice....fake wanna be Yoruba man.... angry...oponu oluya radarada... angry

Egbon the OP is saying the truth. Let us concentrate on the substance and stop attacking the messenger.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by babyfaceafrica: 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Justiceleague1: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
Diademk07:

Don't concern yourself with us, rather face your ibo folks that are going extinct day by day! You have it worse than us, okay?

afonja de la painment,why is the truth bitter in ur tongue? grin

will hausa use all afonja as scapegoats before they will learn lesson?
Ooni ride on joor..

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Ooni: 10:40am On Oct 07, 2016
it sadens me me that none of us my kinsmen have come out to proffer solution. Instead we are blaming innocent Ibos. So bad.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The North Treating Us Like This by Oduduwaa: 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
Lool grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. / Nairalanders Let Us Choose New Ministers For President Buhari / Gambia Situation:See Photos Of Buhari With Gambia President Jammeh 4 Peace Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.