Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It (29212 Views)

Mimiko Asked Jonathan To Prosecute Buhari For 'Certificate Forgery' / Igbo Nest Oil Refuse To Share Oil Proceed With Niger Delta Host Community / People With Placards Beg Jonathan To Come Back In Police Presence In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by lastpage: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
Tokety7:

This eediocy of urs is turning to something else.
U read this, didn't u.......collected less than 3% each Yet u went ahead to multiply 36 by 3. Chai.......ur illiteracy is world class. grin

Relax!

He is a #WAILER.... **** ( ! grin grin

he will soon come up with photoshopped pictures to convince his crew, just wait small. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Tokety7: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2016
IVORY2009:

bro for the first time, u are not making any sense, stop disgracing urself.... grin

Show ur own pictures or shut ur trap. Infact take another picture from another angle yet fools will believe wike when he says Amaechi embezzled monorail money.

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Tokety7: 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
lastpage:

Relax!

He is a #WAILER.... Heediocy is "standard practice" for dudes like him ! grin grin

he will soon come up with photoshopped pictures to convince his crew, just wait small. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

I know his pathetic kind pretty well. I trample on them as I deemed fit. grin
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by kinnlive(m): 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
hungryboy:
gbam, gbamma gbammest
lol
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by HtwoOw: 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
Jonah why
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by wolu4: 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol.

I don't blame the Governors.

That man could not even manage his home,and wife,let alone the Country's finances.

Zombie, since ur dullard don't want to probe Amaechi, u r so blind to see dat Amaechi wants to probe himself. He who d gods wants to punish dey first of all make d person mad. Bring it on Oga manager Amaechi. And Mr hungerbad don't make me think u are NFA

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
vislabraye:

Yaradua tried. At least we could see what he was doing. Maybe Nigeria would have been better if he had lived longer.
However, the governors are also part of the problem. The money that was shared, what did Amaechi do with it ? River State is richer than some African countries. What did Amaechi and all the governors do with the money ?
My question is, What did THEY(GEJ and his Govs) do with their respective share of ECA?
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
StepTwo:
and what exactly did the governors do with their own share?

instead of pressurizing the Government to use it for something tangible you all asked for it to be shared so the mismanagement can be spread to state level as well.

What Amechi termed mismanagement of ECA by Jonathan, he confirmed by his statement that it was actually for fuel subsidy payment...
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
Oblang:

The question is was there no arrangement for subsidy in the budget? Why should money from the ECA be used to pay subsidy. There was surely oil benchmark for the budget..

Remains a mystery. Expecially, when you consider she took the money without appropriation and lied about it.
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
koladebrainiac:
This is needless self from Amaechi
Did Oknjo iweala n Jonathan save from 50% oil revenue? The one that they have did Fg save from from it

If FG under Jonathan didn't save from the balance they had, how did what he handed over to buhari come about...from over $2.4billion in ECA to $billions in SWF etc...

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Ngokafor(f): 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol.

That man could not even manage his home,and wife,let alone the Country's finances.

.....Mr man,struggling daily to be the first to comment in either eulogising the incompetent mallam we have as president or demonising Jonathan will not erase the fact that buhari is the most incompetent,clueless and vindictive president ever..

....You are simply fooling yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by erico2k2(m): 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
Tokety7:

Show ur own pictures or shut ur trap. Infact take another picture from another angle yet fools will believe wike when he says Amaechi embezzled monorail money.
that crap that's already getten rotten .who the he'll is going g to complete it ?
That will require more than $20B to even test and U recon it was not a means to embezzle money . ??
I'm not in the country atm but wen I get there I shall surely take fotos these are not far frm my abode

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

[color=#000099]
Remains a mystery. Expecially, when you consider she took the money without appropriation and lied about itlor]

It is ESPECIALLY bro...

You & Oblang guy you quoted sef cheesygrin Nigeria and her educated folks cheesygringrin smh

1)Plz whatever is above oil benchmark is saved in the UNCONSTITUTIONAL ECA account...

2) Increase in crude oil price connotes increase in landing cost which metamorphoses into increase in subsidy...

3)Crude oil price dialects between hours, minutes, seconds etc... unfortunately, budget can't be that flexible too...so whatever extra cost is incurred from those extra subsidy payments is cleared through ECA savings(a national burden the governors didn't want to partake in but wants FG to bear it alone)...And FG now goes out to cover these extra budgetary expenses through SUPPLEMENTARY budgets...

4)Why didn't these governors save theirs after allocation as Anambra state did?....FG saved hence we had SWF, ECA etc which were handed down to Buhari administration now...how much has Buhari saved given crude oil is selling above budget benchmark and there's no subsidy payment anymore

blueto thanks so much for your observation on how APC and cronies twisted Okonjo-Iweala words against Jonathan...such a sadistic bunch ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by obailala(m): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

If FG under Jonathan didn't save from the balance they had, how did what he handed over to buhari come about...from over $2.4billion in ECA to $billions in SWF etc...
How could you be talking/bragging about a measly $2billion when the money should have been over $20?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by back2sender: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol.

Correctly stated.
A man that can not handle his wife, i feel bad about the GEJ administration because i thought for once we will get it right as a Nation but whossai for where. The administration be the baddest since the Nation Nigeria was created.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by PINES: 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amaechi! Gerararra here mehn! You accepted to serve because of the outrageous benefits of serving, not because you believed in anybody/ didn't want to disappoint anybody!

Oh! I remember that at one point, you said "I have never taken bribe in my life". Crook!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Babanick: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2016
Imagine, Anambra was not even among the first twenty and see what they did with theirs.
anonimi:

Does the below look like 3% for ya eyes
Do the states have the same responsibility scope as the federal government?
Haba!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2578022_iweala_jpeg0858fd35c7757170d8155dae6623e1c2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3504410_internet_jpeg8efe841e125b21f5a740dc528a146d09

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
obailala:
How could you be talking/bragging about a measly $2billion when the money should have been over $20?

Are you back again? cheesygringrin

1)How much was in ECA? SWF? NLNG? Reserves? etc

2)Do you know that increase in crude oil price means increase in landing cost and increase in subsidy payment?...so it is a blessing laden with lots of poison which APC imposed on us by their refusal to allow subsidy removal ...

3)Do you know that with more recurrent expenditure by Jonathan administration than ANY previous government, that expenditure is bound to be more Especially when revenue isn't commensurate with such expenditure(capital & recurrent expenditures)?

4)So Mr, I need you to without ambiguity tell us here and now; where and how it could have been $20billion in ECA using empirical evidence... cheesy grin

5)Why has our savings not grown given that buhari has no subsidy payment to take down ECA savings and crude oil price has been extensively above budget benchmark of $38?

Plz Sir, Don't dodge questions cheesy wink

Boss anomini kindly help me with that ECA savings sharing chart between states for this Oga to peruse through while answering my questions cheesygringrin

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

It is ESPECIALLY bro...

You & Oblang guy you quoted sef cheesygrin Nigeria and her educated folks cheesygringrin smh

1)Plz whatever is above oil benchmark is saved in the UNCONSTITUTIONAL ECA account...

2) Increase in crude oil price connotes increase in landing cost which metamorphoses into increase in subsidy...

3)Crude oil price dialects between hours, minutes, seconds etc... unfortunately, budget can't be that flexible too...so whatever extra cost is incurred from those extra subsidy payments is cleared through ECA savings(a national burden the governors didn't want to partake in but wants FG to bear it alone)...And FG now goes out to cover these extra budgetary expenses through SUPPLEMENTARY budgets...

4)Why didn't these governors save theirs after allocation as Anambra state did?....FG saved hence we had SWF, ECA etc which were handed down to Buhari administration now...how much has Buhari saved given crude oil is selling above budget benchmark and there's no subsidy payment anymore

blueto thanks so much for your observation on how APC and cronies twisted Okonjo-Iweala words against Jonathan...such a sadistic bunch ...

There is no need explaining ECA. If Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala had the right to lift money from the ECA without appropriation, she would not lie about it. She later used the President as the excuse. She should have let the owners of the money know before taking it.

She broke the confidence of the governors.
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by ideology(m): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
i feel like laughing please someone should stop me from laughing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It is not funny at allll cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

It is ESPECIALLY bro...

You are still saying why did the governors not save theirs. That is not the issue. The FG spent theirs and the governors own without letting the governors know. The ECA is done in trust and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala broke it when money left without the governors knowing about it.
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by anonimi: 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
Tokety7:
U read this, didn't u.......collected less than 3% each Yet u went ahead to multiply 36 by 3. Chai.......****. grin

Let me indulge you fully.
Less than 3% means it is more than 2% and most likely more than 2.5%.

Using 2%, we have a total of 72% for the 36 states, not so?
That leaves only 28% for the federal government and the local governments, abi?

Using 2.5%, we have a total of 90% for the 36 states.
That leaves only 10% for the federal government and 774 LGAs.

You see that your LIES have caught up with you.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2881064_23015862301371mrbeaninotellupng25c4955d40e3462_png058f85876085f9171ace8711304fe9b0

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by leanalyst: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
Make worm full this Amaechi man mouth.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by leanalyst: 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol.

Please is the new man doing better? He can't even get the middle class lie across to his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Chigold101(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol.

anything against GEJ de sweet you for belle too much.

How can you say Jonathan didnt manege his home very well?
Have you ever read or heard that he quareld or fight his wife?
Does his children look like OBJ‘s children that doesnt agree with their father.

If you like kill yourself, Amaechi is a grown up lair & we all know he is a struggling man trying to cover his (their) failure.

GEJ remains a HERO...

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

[color=#000099]
There is no need explaining ECA. If Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala had the right to lift money from the ECA without appropriation, she would not lie about it. She later used the President as the excuse. She should have let the owners of the money know before taking it.

She broke the confidence of the governors.olor]

1)Stop using crayon in writing if you need us to have discussion here plzzz...it irritates me...sorry about that...

2) Okonjo-Iweala is working for FG not states... Whatever they did was discussed in FAAC...governors don't attend FAAC but NEC...and NEC is an advisory body ...

3)ECA betrayal by APC governors is same tactics they used in fighting Jonathan against removing Subsidy...Same tactics they used in boko Haram fight where they fought Jonathan instead of boko Haram...they wrote letters to USA not to sell weapons to Nigeria... Whatever problem we uabe today was the brain child of APC unfortunately for them, Jonathan is gone and they are stuck in their mess...though ethnoreligious sentiments isn't allowing people to be objective in speaking truth to APC and buhari...

4)So did Okonjo-Iweala stop these governors from SAVING in their respective states if they were sincere? how come ONLY Anambra state saved?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

1)Stop using crayon in writing if you need us to have discussion here plzzz...it irritates me...sorry about that...

2) Okonjo-Iweala is working for FG not states... Whatever they did was discussed in FAAC...governors don't attend FAAC but NEC...and NEC is an advisory body ...

3)ECA betrayal by APC governors is same tactics they used in fighting Jonathan against removing Subsidy...Same tactics they used in boko Haram fight where they fought Jonathan instead of boko Haram...they wrote letters to USA not to sell weapons to Nigeria... Whatever problem we uabe today was the brain child of APC unfortunately for them, Jonathan is gone and they are stuck in their mess...though ethnoreligious sentiments isn't allowing people to be objective in speaking truth to APC and buhari...

4)So did Okonjo-Iweala stop these governors from SAVING in their respective states if they were sincere? how come ONLY Anambra state saved?

[b][size=14pt]FAAC disowns Okonjo-Iweala; denies approving withdrawal of $2bn Excess Crude funds[/size]

Commissioners of Finance and Accountants General of the 36 states of the federation on Tuesday distanced themselves from claims by the former Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, that they were part of the decision to withdraw and spend $2bn from Nigeria’s excess crude oil revenue account last December.

"It has come to our notice the statement credited to the former Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Honorable Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, that the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) approved the withdrawal from Excess Crude (Foreign) Account the sum of Two Billion U.S. Dollar ($2,000,000,000.00),” the commissioners said.

“This statement is far from the fact and is misleading,” the statement said.

The FAAC meeting for November 2014 ended in confusion when the then Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda, could not explain how the balance in the ECA had dropped from $4.1 bn at the end of October to $3.1 bn.[/b]

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/186229-faac-disowns-okonjo-iweala-denies-approving-withdrawal-of-2bn-excess-crude-funds.html
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

“No state knew how the $1 bn difference reported in the Excess Crude Account balance, between October and November, came about,” Mr. Odaah told reporters then. “The discrepancy has been noted for discussion at the next FAAC meeting. It calls to question how transparent the management of the excess crude revenues has been.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/186229-faac-disowns-okonjo-iweala-denies-approving-withdrawal-of-2bn-excess-crude-funds.html
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
"... Soludo accused the coordinating minister of the economy of running the country’s economy aground and blaming the state governors for failure to save for the rainy days whereas the federal government has benefitted more from sharing the Excess Crude Account (ECA) savings.

“I hereby challenge your attempt to blame others for not saving for the rainy day. It is not a virtue when you are quick to appropriate all the credit when things are going well, but shift the blame when they go wrong,” Prof. Soludo stated.

http://leadership.ng/news/408685/soludo-fires-okonjoiweala-n30trillion-stolen-watch
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by mrteee: 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

But I was buying fuel @65 per litre under Yaradua when the ECA wasn't depleted and fuel price sold lower than it did during Jonathan.

moreover, we buy @87 for 2 weeks, then either you fight/sleep at fuel station or buy @200 for 6 weeks.

But what do wailers know.
Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

[color=#000099]
You are still saying why did the governors not save theirs. That is not the issue. The FG spent theirs and the governors own without letting the governors know. The ECA is done in trust and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala broke it when money left without the governors knowing about it.or]

1)Governors NOT saving is an issue because FG isn't a grassroot government...but states & LGA are...

2)If governors saved like Anambra state did...Osun state won't become like an IDP camp...Amosun won't be hiding bailout fund...Rochas won't be stealing owing Imo like this...And Nigerians won't be guiding pot of soup with the expertise of FBI, DSS, etc put together cheesy grin

3)ECA savings was used to pay SUBSIDY...a national burden which states didn't want to partake in...why?...But same folks refused subsidy removal...

4) Okonjo-Iweala takes instructions from FG who's her employer not governors...And subsidy payment from ECA was agreed in FAAC meeting which involves ALL states commissioners of finance ...So how did anybody betray anybody's trust here biko? ...NEC which governors attend isn't empowered to discuss sharing of ECA but advisory body for economic policy formulation...FAAC which is empowered to discuss such did the deliberations wholly pertaining to ECA savings snd sharing ...

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

1)Governors NOT saving is an issue because FG isn't a grassroot government...but states & LGA are...

2)If governors saved like Anambra state did...Osun state won't become like an IDP camp...Amosun won't be hiding bailout fund...Rochas won't be stealing owing Imo like this...And Nigerians won't be guiding pot of soup with the expertise of FBI, DSS, etc put together cheesy grin

3)ECA savings was used to pay SUBSIDY...a national burden which states didn't want to partake in...why?...But same folks refused subsidy removal...

4) Okonjo-Iweala takes instructions from FG who's her employer not governors...And subsidy payment from ECA was agreed in FAAC meeting which involves ALL states commissioners of finance ...So how did anybody betray anybody's trust here biko? ...NEC which governors attend isn't empowered to discuss sharing of ECA but advisory body for economic policy formulation...FAAC which is empowered to discuss such did the deliberations wholly pertaining to ECA savings snd sharing ...

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was the coordinating minister of the economy. It was her job to direct the FG. Not the other way around. The FAAC Commissioners clearly stated it was not agreed. Why try to cover a blatant truth. It is clearly stated there that they had problems with the handling of the ECA.

“Do the states that have taken the federal government to the Supreme Court and refused to save also include the PDP governors, who are in the majority? If so, then it is fatal: even governors of your own party, PDP, do not trust you to keep their money! Furthermore, did the governors also stop the federal government from saving part of its share? If you ran a surplus budget at the federal level, you would have had credibility to blame others or to say they did not listen to your advice.”

“The key point is that since you were running huge deficits yourself, it was also in your own interest to share the ECA. You did not show leadership or credibility, full stop.”... Prof. Soludo

http://leadership.ng/news/408685/soludo-fires-okonjoiweala-n30trillion-stolen-watch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes / "Soldier" Caught Supplying Stolen Military Bullets To Boko Haram / UK Armed Forces In Nigeria To Assist Nigeria Armed Forces Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.