Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,836 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Westworld Fan Page - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Westworld Fan Page (13637 Views)

Season 2 Of 'westworld' Is Coming In Early 2018 / Designated Survivor TV show Fan Page / CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Westworld Fan Page by moneyallowed(m): 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2016
shockwave91:

The other major one right now is that william(the guy looking for the maze with Dolores) is actually the man in black(Ed Harris' character). Which is why I asked the question whether any of you thought the plotline was in reverse chronology or if they were just telling two different timelines simultaneously. I began suspecting reverse chronology after that Lawrence is El Lazo(I hope I spelt that right) reveal. I literally felt violated during that scene.

I'm confused, some theories are so.....why would anyone think William is the man in black?
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
moneyallowed:

I'm confused, some theories are so.....why would anyone think William is the man in black?

Lol, ikr? But actually there might be some substance to the theory.

If u go back and watch the first two, three episodes u might find some cues.
1) the man in black seems to know Dolores really well. When he drags Dolores into the barn and presumably "rapes" her, we really don't know what happened there.

2) he repeatedly said that he was oldest guest in the park, visiting for thirty years and He also mentions that Dolores is the oldest host(how can he know this if he didn't already know her.

3) in plain sight, he tells Dolores just before beating her up that she had known her for 30 yrs and she should have remembered so she would have welcomed him properly.

4) El Lazo. This to me is the biggest clue. He goes to find and rescue Lawrence, because Lawrence knew about the maze only to kill him later. How did he know Lawrence and know Lawrence knew about the maze? Only William and Dolores right now know el lazo. And right after he kills Lawrence, were see in just seconds later that he is also lazo.

5) his hat. Remember when William was about to board the train to westworld, he was asked to pick a hat and he chose the white one. Well the theory states that maybe when he came back 30 years later he picked the black one.

6) visual cues. When William is being first received in westworld, the westworld logo is different than the current version. But the downside to this clue is, much of the technology in the central command center hasn't changed a bit. So how nothing change in over 30 years in a place as sophisticated as the westworld park. I don't know, really.

7) he knows Ford. How can he possibly know Ford if he isn't Arnold?

cool the maze. This is the most important of all. Nobody just pops in the park and starts asking for the maze. Why is he so interested in the maze? He said he was doing it to honor Arnold's legacy(so he's definitely not Arnold). My guess is, he and Dolores failed to solve the maze problem, something happened to the park, and thirty years later, he wants some form of redemption(assuming William is the man in black).

And if indeed William is the man in black 30 years later, I think it explains why he doesn't care for the hosts in the park, nor Dolores. They are just robots. If you notice he has empathy for them a little bit right now.

Those are some of postulations of the theory. Hope u enjoyed

1 Like

Re: Westworld Fan Page by NPComplete: 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2016
moneyallowed:

I know Bernard being a host was one theory and that's being proven to be true. What are the other theories?

Other theories:
Bernard is a host made in the likeness of Arnold.
The Bernard we see interacting with Dolores and asking her to find the maze and be free is the real Arnold from 30 years back.
Like some other people have said TMIB is probably William. Whatever William and Dolores were trying to find probably ended badly making Dolores to be written back into her loop. So when TMIB grabs Dolores and tells her its time to get reacquainted, he is probably going to do something to make her remember him as William. TMIB's intentions seem to be noble though. He kept telling Lawrence that he was there to set them free.
Anyway a couple of episodes more and things might get a little clearer

1 Like

Re: Westworld Fan Page by SIRcumalot: 3:14am On Nov 18, 2016
shockwave91:

Lol, ikr? But actually there might be some substance to the theory.

If u go back and watch the first two, three episodes u might find some cues.
1) the man in black seems to know Dolores really well. When he drags Dolores into the barn and presumably "rapes" her, we really don't know what happened there.

2) he repeatedly said that he was oldest guest in the park, visiting for thirty years and He also mentions that Dolores is the oldest host(how can he know this if he didn't already know her.

3) in plain sight, he tells Dolores just before beating her up that she had known her for 30 yrs and she should have remembered so she would have welcomed him properly.

4) El Lazo. This to me is the biggest clue. He goes to find and rescue Lawrence, because Lawrence knew about the maze only to kill him later. How did he know Lawrence and know Lawrence knew about the maze? Only William and Dolores right now know el lazo. And right after he kills Lawrence, were see in just seconds later that he is also lazo.

5) his hat. Remember when William was about to board the train to westworld, he was asked to pick a hat and he chose the white one. Well the theory states that maybe when he came back 30 years later he picked the black one.

6) visual cues. When William is being first received in westworld, the westworld logo is different than the current version. But the downside to this clue is, much of the technology in the central command center hasn't changed a bit. So how nothing change in over 30 years in a place as sophisticated as the westworld park. I don't know, really.

7) he knows Ford. How can he possibly know Ford if he isn't Arnold?

cool the maze. This is the most important of all. Nobody just pops in the park and starts asking for the maze. Why is he so interested in the maze? He said he was doing it to honor Arnold's legacy(so he's definitely not Arnold). My guess is, he and Dolores failed to solve the maze problem, something happened to the park, and thirty years later, he wants some form of redemption(assuming William is the man in black).

And if indeed William is the man in black 30 years later, I think it explains why he doesn't care for the hosts in the park, nor Dolores. They are just robots. If you notice he has empathy for them a little bit right now.

Those are some of postulations of the theory. Hope u enjoyed

@ no.4.
He told Lawerence that somebody would come for him,presumably the engineers that would fix him up and return him to his proper loop which is,being El lazo and ends with a hanging for his crimes.Ed Harris disrupt El lazo storyline by saving him from that hanging.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 18, 2016
SIRcumalot:

@ no.4.
He told Lawerence that somebody would come for him,presumably the engineers that would fix him up and return him to his proper loop which is,being El lazo and ends with a hanging for his crimes.Ed Harris disrupt El lazo storyline by saving him from that hanging.

Wow, so el lazo was supposed to get hanged?
Also, el lazo knows about the maze cus of his time with William and Dolores right?

What of teddy? What do u think the man in. Black wants with him?
Re: Westworld Fan Page by NPComplete: 8:17am On Nov 18, 2016
shockwave91:

Also, el lazo knows about the maze cus of his time with William and Dolores right?

TMIB is trying to find Wyatt. Teddy seems to be the only host that knows much about Wyatt. It would appear that Wyatt knows about the maze. The girl with the snake tatoo directed TMIB to find Wyatt.
What I don't know yet is if Wyatt is real or just a distraction by Ford to keep TMIB on a wild goose chase. We all know Wyatt is part of Ford's new story line so he might be a means of thwarting TMIB.
Another curious thing about Wyatt are his followers. They dress in animal skin and seem to be impervious to bullets Teddy shot at them. So the question is are they guests: real humans Ford hired to keep the hosts in check especially so far inside the Westworld park where hosts seem to be less controlled?
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 18, 2016
The whole thing is confusing. .I do come here to read you guys opinion to understand better...I was shocked that Bernard is a robot too...I actually didn't see that coming, I hope the lady survives the head bashing if she's not dead yet.

1 Like

Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 18, 2016
NPComplete:

TMIB is trying to find Wyatt. Teddy seems to be the only host that knows much about Wyatt. It would appear that Wyatt knows about the maze. The girl with the snake tatoo directed TMIB to find Wyatt.
What I don't know yet is if Wyatt is real or just a distraction by Ford to keep TMIB on a wild goose chase. We all know Wyatt is part of Ford's new story line so he might be a means of thwarting TMIB.
Another curious thing about Wyatt are his followers. They dress in animal skin and seem to be impervious to bullets Teddy shot at them. So the question is are they guests: real humans Ford hired to keep the hosts in check especially so far inside the Westworld park where hosts seem to be less controlled?

Yeah! Wyatt. That's the name I was looking for. If I remember correctly, when his back-story was being shown about him attacking a town or so(that was him right?) he sorta looked like Teddy. Or was I just seeing things?
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2016
NPComplete:

Also, what do you think happened to Elsie. Who do you think kidnapped her? I want to say Arnold so bad... And I don't think we'll see her again this season. For what it's worth, Ford might just do the same thing he did to Theresa with Bernard.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2016
deeMarc:
The whole thing is confusing. .I do come here to read you guys opinion to understand better...I was shocked that Bernard is a robot too...I actually didn't see that coming, I hope the lady survives the head bashing if she's not dead yet.

I thinks she's D&G bro. Dead & Gone embarassed
Re: Westworld Fan Page by SIRcumalot: 10:05am On Nov 18, 2016
deeMarc:
She's going to be replaced by a robot.
I wonder how many times Hannibal's as replaced members of the board in this manner.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by NPComplete: 10:10am On Nov 18, 2016
shockwave91:

Yeah! Wyatt. That's the name I was looking for. If I remember correctly, when his back-story was being shown about him attacking a town or so(that was him right?) he sorta looked like Teddy. Or was I just seeing things?

That was actually Wyatt himself. Teddy was there with him. Later, just when he was about to be branded with a hot iron, Teddy recalled himself joining Wyatt to commit those murders. One can't tell if that happened for real or if it was another storyline Ford added to complicate things.
Then there's the theory of the bicameral mind. Ford and Bernard discussed it. It is based on a certain belief that early men heard their own voices in their heads as d voice of God. We all know Wyatt also hears voices. So there might be connection between Wyatt and Arnold and Ford. He is a pawn in their game. Whatever disagreements Ford had with Arnold before his death 30 years earlier seems to be continuing with the hosts as pawns
Re: Westworld Fan Page by NPComplete: 10:17am On Nov 18, 2016
shockwave91:

Also, what do you think happened to Elsie. Who do you think kidnapped her? I want to say Arnold so bad... And I don't think we'll see her again this season. For what it's worth, Ford might just do the same thing he did to Theresa with Bernard.

Elsie was probably even kidnapped by Bernard himselF or some other host.
Elsie herself might be a host. We know that hosts are capable of acting as workers as well, take the host that was asked to beat up Clementine as an example, so there's still so much mystery for anyone to be sure yet

1 Like

Re: Westworld Fan Page by SIRcumalot: 10:41am On Nov 18, 2016
shockwave91:

It just a guess.
Everybody"s loop resets as long as their is no tampering from guest,
Because Lawerence is an outlaw I think that hanging was suppose to be his end. And now that he is dead,his story resets again starting from the beginning.

Also I don't think El lazo knows anything about the maze i remember it was his daughter that gave the clue that led to the tattoo lady.
I don't know what MiB wants with Teddy am guessing his relationship with Wyatt and his shooting skill.

1 Like

Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
NPComplete:

That was actually Wyatt himself. Teddy was there with him. Later, just when he was about to be branded with a hot iron, Teddy recalled himself joining Wyatt to commit those murders. One can't tell if that happened for real or if it was another storyline Ford added to complicate things.
Then there's the theory of the bicameral mind. Ford and Bernard discussed it. It is based on a certain belief that early men heard their own voices in their heads as d voice of God. We all know Wyatt also hears voices. So there might be connection between Wyatt and Arnold and Ford. He is a pawn in their game. Whatever disagreements Ford had with Arnold before his death 30 years earlier seems to be continuing with the hosts as pawns

Damn, so much to swallow. Do u think Wyatt's the one missing in the picture(d one with Arnold) Ford showed to Bernard?
Re: Westworld Fan Page by NPComplete: 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
shockwave91:

Damn, so much to swallow. Do u think Wyatt's the one missing in the picture(d one with Arnold) Ford showed to Bernard?

That Arnold Ford showed to Bernard isn't actually Arnold. If u look at that episode again, u will discover that the Arnold is actually Ford's father. The robot in the cottage in d woods looks exactly like the person in the picture standing beside Ford.
If u look even more closer at the pix, u will realise that there is a space on the right side of the picture...a lot of space. There should be someone in that space; a third person in the picture. I think that person is Arnold. But since Bernard is actually a host made in the likeness of Arnold he was unable to see the third person in the picture because it is not supposed to look like anything to him. The same way he couldnt see d door that led to that inner room where he eventually killed Theresa and the same way he couldnt see that the paper contained a prototype of himself.
Ford himself helps us know that much. "They are not supposed to see the things that will hurt them", he reveals. He always spares them that pain.
So once again, Bernard is likely Arnold's image. If u see the room in which Bernard killed Theresa, it looks almost same as the room in which Bernard (Arnold) was questioning Dolores in earlier episodes. That was probably 30 years before present-day Westworld.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
NPComplete:

That Arnold Ford showed to Bernard isn't actually Arnold. If u look at that episode again, u will discover that the Arnold is actually Ford's father. The robot in the cottage in d woods looks exactly like the person in the picture standing beside Ford.
If u look even more closer at the pix, u will realise that there is a space on the right side of the picture...a lot of space. There should be someone in that space; a third person in the picture. I think that person is Arnold. But since Bernard is actually a host made in the likeness of Arnold he was unable to see the third person in the picture because it is not supposed to look like anything to him. The same way he couldnt see d door that led to that inner room where he eventually killed Theresa and the same way he couldnt see that the paper contained a prototype of himself.
Ford himself helps us know that much. "They are not supposed to see the things that will hurt them", he reveals. He always spares them that pain.
So once again, Bernard is likely Arnold's image. If u see the room in which Bernard killed Theresa, it looks almost same as the room in which Bernard (Arnold) was questioning Dolores in earlier episodes. That was probably 30 years before present-day Westworld.

Bernard made in Arnold's image? I'm dizzy right now. What is happening
Re: Westworld Fan Page by khanivorous(f): 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
WESTWORLD

the gigabyte of brain space required to break down an episode would be used to complete a full marathon seasons of TVD, all tv shows from CW, MTV and jenifa's diary without breaking a sweat.

na wao..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
khanivorous:
WESTWORLD

the gigabyte of brain space required to break down an episode would be used to complete a full marathon seasons of TVD, all tv shows from CW, MTV and jenifa's diary without breaking a sweat.

na wao..

God bless you. ..Lol....reason why I come here to read these guys opinion....it helps a lot. ....the show is complicatedly complicated grin
Re: Westworld Fan Page by dacza: 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
Reading 2ru dis thread just muddled up my brain .Too many theories just makes it even more confusing
Re: Westworld Fan Page by dacza: 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
khanivorous:
WESTWORLD

na wao..
I tell you, show is one hell of a puzzle
deeMarc:

God bless you. ..Lol....reason why I come here to read these guys opinion....it helps a lot. ....the show is complicatedly complicated grin
Complicatedly complicated indeed.

1 Like

Re: Westworld Fan Page by damibravo(m): 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2016
This series is really complicated....

Always leaving a question.. ..

Who's Wyatt? Who's Arnold? I have a feeling we have seen them already!

Elsie's death pained me... .
Re: Westworld Fan Page by SIRcumalot: 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
Re: Westworld Fan Page by SIRcumalot: 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
so much for Hannibal replacing a board member with a robot. cheesy.
seem like we're going to get that robot revolt after all.
abit disappointed About MiB motivation for his actions but make We still dey watch.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 25, 2016
Wow.....am indeed curious how this show is going to end.
I feel sorry for Theresa.

On a different note,these whites cannot cease with their obsession to create human clones in paeticular.
Man wanting to play God.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by sleemoon(m): 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gosh! M confused already... Who even told me to open dis thread sef... I should ve jst mind my biz nd kip watchn d series in unansd questns...

Thank God I didn't delete it from episode 1.... I guess I ll ve to rewatch it frm E1 again to understand beta since u guys ve disrupt my brain wif ur theories...
Re: Westworld Fan Page by landinfo: 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
Now in ep5....
After ep1 everything was blurred to me but I think I'm beginning to get a "little" undastanding like 10% & I have the feeling Hopkins killed Arnorld yet Arnold is still alive somewhere in the "park" where he doesn't want anyone to find him including Ed Harris
Re: Westworld Fan Page by landinfo: 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
From what I watched on ep4, Wyatt was a program, Hopkins introduced to Terry....he wasn't in existence per se until Hopkins introduced "It" to Terry~~~who @ first didn't know who Wyatt is until Hopkins touched his tablet & then it then looked as if Terry recalled a "certain" Wyatt
Re: Westworld Fan Page by NPComplete: 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
landinfo:
From what I watched on ep4, Wyatt was a program, Hopkins introduced to Terry....he wasn't in existence per se until Hopkins introduced "It" to Terry~~~who @ first didn't know who Wyatt is until Hopkins touched his tablet & then it then looked as if Terry recalled a "certain" Wyatt

Ford is playing a long game. We will have to wait to find out what Wyatt is meant to help achieve. I still believe it's part of his long running battle with Arnold.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by landinfo: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
It's funny a complicated series like WestWorld ain't popular....this is a series to watch, one that is unpredictable, one that guess work is FAIL, one that every word a character puts out u mustn't blink or turn deaf ear or else u are a Jew man
Re: Westworld Fan Page by khanivorous(f): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2016
hmmmm

I don't know what's going on anymore( not like I have ever known); but it feels good

Anthony hopkins is taking the academy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Movies Actually Looked Like Before Visual Effects Were Added / New Movie Titled Don Jazzy / Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.