Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Westworld Fan Page - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Westworld Fan Page (13644 Views)

Season 2 Of 'westworld' Is Coming In Early 2018 / Designated Survivor TV show Fan Page / CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 07, 2016
jaylicioussss:
Oh I'm just seeing this, hope you seen the episode now.
Nice jugs.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by NPComplete: 9:38am On Dec 07, 2016
I am not looking forward to season 2 one bit. Whenever they like they should start it. But I do hope they improve the quality of the ending though. This ending for season one was sort of anticlimactic for me. A robot uprising that wasn't truly a robot uprising. It was still more or less Ford controlling the damn bots. Even though they tried to hint that Dolores was conscious all along and the Bicameral mind theory finally took hold, all her actions afterwards seemed plotted by Arnold and perfected by Ford.
And Maeve, yes Maeve, they couldn't just let her be. She had to have also be a Ford puppet too. Argh.... Story was cool until the last episode. Writing; perfect. Cinematography; topnotch. But ending.....the ending....leaves much to be desired.
Sorry if my rant included spoilers.

1 Like

Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nihilist: 11:50am On Dec 07, 2016
NPComplete:
I am not looking forward to season 2 one bit. Whenever they like they should start it. But I do hope they improve the quality of the ending though. This ending for season one was sort of anticlimactic for me. A robot uprising that wasn't truly a robot uprising. It was still more or less Ford controlling the damn bots. Even though they tried to hint that Dolores was conscious all along and the Bicameral mind theory finally took hold, all her actions afterwards seemed plotted by Arnold and perfected by Ford.
And Maeve, yes Maeve, they couldn't just let her be. She had to have also be a Ford puppet too. Argh.... Story was cool until the last episode. Writing; perfect. Cinematography; topnotch. But ending.....the ending....leaves much to be desired.

I think the ending was perfect because it raises so many questions and gives very few answers.

1. Is Dolores really conscious?
2. Is Maeve really conscious?
3. Is Ford really dead?
4. Where is Abernathy?

I don't believe for a second that Ford is pro-robot. His speech at the end is entirely at odds with his previous conversations with Bernard. It makes no sense to claim that he wanted the robots to become self-aware through suffering when he was constantly wiping Bernard's memories.

I think Ford is reacting to Delos attempts to push him out. Nothing more.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Jaymaestro(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
The only constant on the show is Ford, Least he was and still would be for I am yet to see the last episode. Furthermore, Ford is a god on the show and nothing else matters.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by TonySpike: 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
I finally watched season finale of Westworld yesterday. It was one hell of a finale: it kept me on the edge of my seat. I have a few questions to ask though, #SpoilerAlert

1. How did Ford know that Bernard will be reprogrammed by Maeve's crew?

2. Who reprogrammed Maeve: was it Ford or Arnold?

3. Did Williams die after the Host breakout? I saw that he was shot and he just laughed.

4. Why was Dolores and Maeve programmed differently to carry out different tasks?

2 Likes

Re: Westworld Fan Page by SIRcumalot: 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
TonySpike:
I finally watched season finale of Westworld yesterday. It was one hell of a finale: it kept me on the edge of my seat. I have a few questions to ask though, #SpoilerAlert

1. How did Ford know that Bernard will be reprogrammed by Maeve's crew?

2. Who reprogrammed Maeve: was it Ford or Arnold?

3. Did Williams die after the Host breakout? I saw that he was shot and he just laughed.

4. Why was Delores and Maeve programmed differently to carry out different tasks?

No only 2 I sabi
2. Ford did,he programmed Maeve to leave the park she only broke from loop when she comot from the train.

3. No Willan isn't dead;he is in the cast for the 2nd season
Re: Westworld Fan Page by TonySpike: 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
SIRcumalot:

No only 2 I sabi
2. Ford did,he programmed Maeve to leave the park she only broke from loop when she comot from the train.

3. No Willan isn't dead;he is in the cast for the 2nd season

William is the largest shareholder in Westworld through his company, DELOS. He knows almost everything (and everyone) in that park, as implied in the finale. I suspect he played a role in Ford's final narrative although I'm eager to see what happens in season 2.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by TonySpike: 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
Re: Westworld Fan Page by mablie(m): 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
NPComplete:
It seems you just reached into my brain and posted my exact thoughts.
What really happened in the season finale?It was just a repetition of everything that happened in earlier episodes.Maybe the discovery of the young William being the older "Man in black" but was that really a "whao" moment?
The way the "rogue" androids were shooting the facilitys' security dead reminded me of a 1980s Schwarznegger action flick("Commando" to be exact)
The finale was a disappointment...a complete letdown
One hour thirty minutes of nothing

1 Like

Re: Westworld Fan Page by Rilwayne001: 7:59pm On Dec 19, 2016
Now killing time with this series. wink wink
Re: Westworld Fan Page by tintingz(m): 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Now killing time with this series. wink wink
I will start following this series.

1 Like

Re: Westworld Fan Page by Rilwayne001: 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
tintingz:
I will start following this series.

I'm sure you going to like it.

1 Like

Re: Westworld Fan Page by tintingz(m): 10:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I'm sure you going to like it.
Alright
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Yarduni: 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
This show is wack men, just turned off after episode 1. I don't understand the hype, maybe it's because of the illuminati symbolism, the torture and mind control stuff that these hollywood people are into, thats why they prop it up.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by TonySpike: 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
Yarduni:
This show is wack men, just turned off after episode 1. I don't understand the hype, maybe it's because of the illuminati symbolism, the torture and mind control stuff that these hollywood people are into, thats why they prop it up.

Are you sure we watched the same series? Unlike you, I was hooked after episode 1. I was more interested in the cybernetic and robotics aspect, which is more related to my profession. Anyway, you should give it another shot by watching
Re: Westworld Fan Page by NPComplete: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
TonySpike:

Are you sure we watched the same series? Unlike you, I was hooked after episode 1. I was more interested in the cybernetic and robotics aspect, which is more related to my profession. Anyway, you should give it another shot by watching

I am surprised someone thought that comment was worth replying. I just saw the comment and laughed it off for the joke it was. Look at the ludicrous excuses the commenter stated for why the show is considered a hit by people.
When someone starts invoking conspiracy theories like illuminati to explain stuff, I don't take that person seriously.

6 Likes

Re: Westworld Fan Page by Yarduni: 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
TonySpike:

It's just too slow and boring
Re: Westworld Fan Page by mrjojo: 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
Just started seeing this series, sooooo complex, you need your brain working at absolute maximum power to understand this series
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 07, 2017
Why would anyone hate that finale? It was f+cking awesome shocked shocked
The only question I have is,
- is Stubbs dead?
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 07, 2017
jaylicioussss:
What I got from the episode, Delores killed Arnold on his request, Delores is Wyatt, Wyatt was integrated in to her program so that she would capable of somethings that her Delores narrative can't do. Like someone mentioned already, Ford is pro robots, he wasn't always for the host but according to him losing Arnold made him understand the angle Arnold was coming from. William is the MIB, Meave awareness is also a new narrative programmed for her, but I think she was able to work on her own free will, showing this by ignoring her script of following the train, leaving it to go look for her daughter. MIB obsession with the maze was that he hoped that by finding it he would unlock consciousness in the host, he did find the maze with Delores but that didn't unlock anything, the maze was a game designed by Arnold to test the consciousness of the host, Delores specifically. the end while Ford gave his speech Delores proved that she now has her free will by picking the gun and going to shoot Ford, we also understood that ford had unlocked the rest of the host and they can now fight back and hurt humans. My theory: I think the host Ford was working on in his private lab might just be a robot Ford.

Why is maeve so obsessed with finding her daughter? It's not like she would remember her(her memories must have been wiped out). Dolores didn't remember William after all they went through, making William turn to d MIB
Re: Westworld Fan Page by TonySpike: 6:32am On Jan 07, 2017
shockwave91:

Why is maeve so obsessed with finding her daughter? It's not like she would remember her(her memories must have been wiped out). Dolores didn't remember William after all they went through, making William turn to d MIB

There was a 30-year interval between Dolores' first meeting with Williams and the MIB. William had aged so much that it might be difficult recognizing him after 30 years. This is a logical explanation.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 07, 2017
TonySpike:

There was a 30-year interval between Dolores' first meeting with Williams and the MIB. William had aged so much that it might be difficult recognizing him after 30 years. This is a logical explanation.

But when William found Dolores again after she escaped Logan & the confederados, she didn't cus her memories had been wiped embarassed embarassed

I don't think Maeve's daughter would remember her from a previous loop.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Rilwayne001: 12:39am On May 14, 2018
This show is back cool cool
Re: Westworld Fan Page by tintingz(m): 11:21am On May 14, 2018
Rilwayne001:
This show is back cool cool
Is it interesting?
Re: Westworld Fan Page by Rilwayne001: 7:53am On May 15, 2018
tintingz:
Is it interesting?

It is interesting. I guarantee that.
Re: Westworld Fan Page by tintingz(m): 9:59am On May 15, 2018
Rilwayne001:

It is interesting. I guarantee that.
ok bro
Re: Westworld Fan Page by FuckYou: 1:01am On Jul 15, 2018
The show is interesting.. just finished S02E04
But im tired of getting unnecessary suprieses and some other stupid things,
at times i think the creator of the show is just confused

just like that .. william is man in black, bernerd is a host, arnold was bernerd, i'm also hearing that william might be a host too..
They can just do anything they like with the story...
Re: Westworld Fan Page by FuckYou: 1:22am On Jul 15, 2018
watin dey annoy me na Teddy.. the guy just mumu...

Delores too very stupid, that quest made her so.. (she get sense sha)
but Arnold must be a very wicked person to create Wyatt..
He is the cause of all these killing between human vs host and other violence...
"these violent delights have violent ends"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Movies Actually Looked Like Before Visual Effects Were Added / New Movie Titled Don Jazzy / Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.