Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost (10979 Views)

Kemi Adeosun To Nigerian Ladies In USA: Don't Work Too Hard, Go To Club Have Fun / FOI:SERAP Sues Saraki,dogara Over Failure To Give Account Of N500bn Running Cost / Nigeria Hungry For Infrastructure, NOT Iphones - Adeosun To World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by MrAJQ(m): 6:41am On Oct 07, 2016
The former Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Mr. Abdulmumin Jibrin, on Thursday, advised the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, to halt the payment of running costs to members of the House.

Jibrin claimed that the money was not used for the services of the House but “diverted into private pockets.”

The federal lawmaker from Kano State, who was suspended last week by the House, also called on Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government to shun further invitations by the House to appear for investigative hearings and other activities of the House.

But the House dismissed Jibrin’s call again.

The Chief Whip of the House, Mr. Alhassan Ado-Doguwa, said the suspended legislator was speaking “rubbish.”

Jibrin stated, “I am also demanding that the Minister of Finance, the Accountant General of the Federation, the Attorney General of the Federation and the Clerk to the National Assembly, in exercising my right as a citizen of Nigeria, should stop with immediate effect, further payments of running cost allowances to members of the House of Representatives.

“As an insider, I know that most of such monies have been and are diverted into private pockets.

“There is no law in our country that is intended to protect corruption. So, the continuous payment of such money negates the spirit and genuine intention of establishing such laws in the first place.

“I am also calling on Nigerians, companies, ministries, departments and agencies to shun invitations from the House of Representatives until the House allows for a transparent investigation of individual and systemic corruption allegations in collaboration with ongoing external investigations by the police and anti-graft agencies.”

Jibrin alleged that the reason the attempt by the House to probe a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, failed was because a senior member of the House frustrated the investigation.

In keeping with his promise, Jibrin said he had begun to forward the names of members in batches to anti-graft agencies on how they allegedly misused the running costs.

The lawmaker said he was prepared to serve the “harshest punishment” if his allegations were proven to be wrong.

In his reaction, Ado-Doguwa, who argued that Jibrin’s suspension was in order, told The PUNCH that members expected that Jibrin would keep reeling out more allegations, in spite of being on suspension.

He stated, “Let him say whatever rubbish he wants to say.

“I am sure Nigerians are now realising the truth in Jibrin’s stupidity.

“His suspension serves him right. We could not have done anything less.”

http://punchng.com/reps-jibrin-trade-words-lawmakers-running-costs/

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by ourkobo: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2016
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by 4reala(m): 6:43am On Oct 07, 2016
Gud advice

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by MrAJQ(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2016
SOURCE
punchng.com/reps-jibrin-trade-words-lawmakers-running-costs/
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2016
I wonder why Apc and Mr integrity aren't taking this mans revelations seriously? Imagine how Dogara turned to say padding isn't corruption

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Ekugbeh(m): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2016
Of all these revelation made, what pragmatic step ve been taken.

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2016
What still baffles is how dogara manage to be awarded politician of the year angry undecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Ceenelly(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2016
J
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by JBUZZ: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2016
When a wounded cub fights, it's no threat to any animal.
Sorry Jibrin, you're only creating storm in a tea cup.

Well, a corrupt loser is very useful in an investigation. grin

4 Likes

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by JBUZZ: 7:34am On Oct 07, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
What still baffles is how dogara manage to be awarded politician of the year angry undecided
Becoming the Speaker against the will of the political "strong men" is no child's play.

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 07, 2016
Yes

4 Likes

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by drnoel: 7:53am On Oct 07, 2016
TO ALL HONOURABLE MEMBERS
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
ABUJA

My dear Colleagues,

BURDEN OF PROOF OF EVIDENCE: RUNNING COST OF HONOURABLE MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

I wish to draw your attention to the fact that since you suspended me yesterday and the suggestion of the Ethics Committee report that my allegations were generalized and without proof, I have come under intense public scrutiny and pressure to prove that there exists systemic corruption in the House. I have taken it as a responsibility to prove to the public that the House is a den of systemic corruption. As colleagues, I have bound with many of you and built a life long friendship.

I have some of you that I hold in high esteem. If you end up at the receiving end of the actions I will be taking up in the next few days, I want you to know there is nothing personal but commitment and fervent desire to ensure that corruption is wiped out of the House and reforms that will restore the battered image of the House and take back the House to the Nigerian people is implemented.

Consequent upon the above and before I proceed with the aggressive steps I intend to take, I hereby DEMAND that if you have illegally taken or stolen any money meant for the RUNNING COST OF YOUR OFFICES FOR YOUR ENTIRE STAY IN THE HOUSE, YOU SHOULD RETURN THE MONEY WITHIN ONE WEEK TO THE CLERK OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY AND FOR THE PURPOSE OF CLARITY, I AM REFERRING TO ABOUT 10MILLION NAIRA YOU COLLECT FROM TAX PAYERS' MONEY MONTHLY. THE CLERK WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH OFFICIAL ACCOUNT DETAILS, FAILURE OF WHICH I WILL TAKE NECESSARY ACTION TO ENSURE THAT YOU RETURN ANY MONEY STOLEN AND STAND WITNESS AGAINST YOU IN CASE OF PROSECUTION.

I have written to the Clerk of the National Assembly to stand by in anticipation. In the face of the revenue challenges and biting hardship the country is currently facing, there is no better time the country needs such money than now.

In the case of the Presiding and Principal Officers, in addition to my demand in this letter which applies to them too, I have written them yesterday and gave them 72 hours ULTIMATUM to make public the total amount they have received as running cost in their entire stay in the House, failure of which I will proceed with necessary legal action to compel them to make the total amount each of them have received public.
There are other issues of monumental corruption in the House that I will be raising in the following weeks which we must all deal with, but first lets get done with this one.

Thank you.
God bless.

Hon Abdulmumin Jibrin PhD MBA
APC-Kano
Kiru-Bebeji Federal Constituency
Kano

HOW WE SHARED NIGERIA MONEY BY HON. ABDULMUMIN JUBRIN

"I got N650 million as my running cost as the Chairman of Appropriation Committee.
■Speaker Yakubu Dogara got N1.5 billion,
■His Deputy Yusuf Lasun got N800 million.
■House Majority Leader Femi Gbajabiamila got N1.2 billion,
■Deputy Majorty Leader Buba Jibrin got N1.2 billion.
■House Whip Alhassan Ado Doguwa got N1.2 billion,
■Deputy House Whip got N700 million.
■House Minority Leader Leo Ogor got N1.2 billion,
■Deputy Minority Leader Onyema got N800 million.
■Minority Whip got N700 million,
■Deputy Minority Whip got N700 million.
I have documents to back up* all these."

Now that Pandora's box has been opened. It will be interesting to see what comes out in the next few weeks*

I came across this somewhere, can someone confirm it

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by drnoel: 7:59am On Oct 07, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Bros, I hear that thing fever catch me. Ur country Nigeria is a joke

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2016
drnoel:

Bros, I hear that thing fever catch me. Ur country Nigeria is a joke
A very big nonsense joke brother angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by MadCow1: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2016
Jibrin is a classic example of how willing or lack thereof Nigerian are to fight against corruption and for their right.

See as this Man has been whistle blowing and exposing the corruption within the House of Rep's and Nigerians just sudden dey look like say no be our money wey those Niggas dey loot.

If Jibrin gets assassinated tomorrow, Na so we all go come here come post R.I.P, tweet, hashtag and more and in the end, nothing..

If na me be the guy, I go just bone the matter go follow the rest of them chop the money.

See Patience Jonathan wey collect over 30 million Dollars (over 13.5 Billion Naira), Ijaw people and IPOB Yoots dey streets dey protest say make EFCC release her money give her back, meanwhile not a single protest for Jibrin.

In the U.S see how dem don protest the shooting of unarmed people of color to the point wey them sef start to shoot the Police back, but if to say na Nigeria.... Everybody for just lock-up.

Nigerians no like better thing..

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Brendaniel: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2016
Jibrin
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by olaolulazio(m): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2016
Attention seeker.
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Generalkorex(m): 8:33am On Oct 07, 2016
Nice one
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2016
grin
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by enigma2007(m): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
I wonder why Apc and Mr integrity aren't taking this mans revelations seriously? Imagine how Dogara turned to say padding isn't corruption

Ehm! If he decides to wade in, people are going to scream that he is a dictator and he wants to suppress the house ...blah blah

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by hazyfm1: 8:35am On Oct 07, 2016
CORRUPTION EVERYWHERE
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Young03(m): 8:36am On Oct 07, 2016
if u talk u die, if u no talk u die
so jibril let's talk and die

3 Likes

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Izonpikin: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2016
lol..
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Izonpikin: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2016
Young03:
if u talk u die, if u no talk u die

so jibril let's talk and die
grin grin grin grin...na the ish be that bro..make e just expose the government for us...
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Miles300: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
isn't it terrible that such serious allegation is not taken seriously , and the presidency is turninga blind eye on this ..same thing the presidency and Cbn is turning it's eyes on the massive corruption going on with the fx .. Banks buy at interbank fx at 310 nd sell at 410 wats the rationale behind such artificial rates if the Cbn nd govt is not benefitting from it .. Why is the rates determine by the black market and which serious govt will allow banks make dubious profit from customers .. So many things are beggin for answers in this nation ..

5 Likes

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by able20(m): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2016
The government will advise her citizens to report any criminal activities within their neighborhood, someone is doing it. No action.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by sammyj: 8:40am On Oct 07, 2016
ok
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by ALISMILE(m): 8:40am On Oct 07, 2016
I'm increasingly growing tired of the govts anti-corruption war.

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Young03(m): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2016
Izonpikin:
grin grin grin grin...na the ish be that bro..make e just expose the government for us...

even those that are calling him idiot, they are still enjoying what he is saying
Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2016
enigma2007:

Ehm! If he decides to wade in, people are going to scream that he is a dictator and he wants to suppress the house ...blah blah
suppress the house indeed, this is actually a time to truly show that he stands against corruption. Speaking up and following it up would've been the best thing to do

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by hazyfm1: 8:42am On Oct 07, 2016
olaolulazio:
Attention seeker.

Someone is stating reasons why you and your country is in recession, you call him an ATTENTION SEEKER??

SMH!!!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Advises Adeosun To To Halt The Payment Of Reps Running Cost by chiedu7: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2016
NIgeria's issues are too complex for an educated man to grasp. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime / 9th NASS: Controversy Trails Proclamation For Inauguration / Joe Igbokwe Denies Being Attacked In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.