Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt (7756 Views)

Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt / Asiwaju Tinubu : The Limits Of Political Influence By Joseph Edgar / Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:53pm On Oct 07, 2016
I shall begin this piece by showering praises on Governor Ayodele Fayose, Chief Fani Kayode and other PDP leaning Yoruba leaders for looking beyond the facade of political differences to stand behind their own and Yoruba leader Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu at a period when the CPC controlled bloc of APC seek to humiliate and demystify the man that sacrificed everything to bring them to power. I am proud of my party men, but most importantly, I am proud of the newly awakening Yoruba nationality consciousness and need to drive it in unity without dictates of non-natives like what happened in the APC primary.

While it is good that Yoruba nation have seen need for unity and pursuing a united course irrespective of party leaning, it is also good (if not better) for the ethnic groups in the South, the Middle Belt and other oppressed tribes in the North to mend fences and break the chain of a clique of few northern muslim cabals that believe they solely have the deciding power to determine who leads this country and who get what in the country and in the federating units( like it was done in Ondo state APC Primary). Before I am misunderstood, this same cabal is what late radical politician Aminu Kano, a Fulani from Kano state fought against all through his political life.

It is time to end the political dominance of a certain few that has kept power in the grip of a few group of tribesmen (elite) that have been using willing tools from other groups to hold tight to their agenda for the benefit of only them and their group. Only collective political oneness of the south, the middlebelt and patriots from the non-middle beltan Northeast and Northwest irrespective of religion can actualize this especially as 2019 draw closer.

The Cabal uses different strategies including divide and rule system in non-indigent areas to ensure their grip of power and maintain political advantage over the rest of the country. For instance, what was the aim of manipulating Ondo primary to produce Rotimi Akeredolu if it is not to pull away the power to choose the flagbearer (and governor) from Ondo indigent APC members/delegates to the non-indigent Abuja based cabal? What was the aim if not to break the strength of APC in the SW by having the Abuja cabal loyalists and the Tinubu loyalists? Whose interest does it serve to mobilise Yoruba appointees in the federal government against the party leader and his loyalists in the Southwest? If not, why can’t the cabal mobilise federal appointees from Kano state against the party leader Governor Ganduje? Why didn’t they mobilise appointees from Kaduna state against the leadership under Governor ElRufai? Why didn’t they exploit the political disagreement between Governor Elrufai and Senator Sani to mobilise Sani using federal advantage against the Governor? This is not a mere conspiracy but fact. It is a fact that the cabal will never raise or mobilise anybody to fight a fellow northern Muslim.

It is a shame that in Nigeria today, the Christian from the North, the Tiv man from Benue state, the Gbagyyi man from Kanuna state, the Jukun man from Taraba state, and the Igala man from Kogi state cannot aspire to be the President or Vice President because the controlling cabal will always bring someone from a particular religion and group each time the “North” is to produce candidate for either offices. Similarly, we are in a country where it is believed that the best of brain from any part of the South is destined to “Deputise” for someone from the North in any Presidential election except the cabal decides to field one of their stooges to give a false sense of belonging.
Permit me to reiterate that I am neither advocating for hate nor inciting against a particular tribe or religion, my position is that regions, groups and tribes should unite to break the dominance of the controlling few. It is not a matter of Tinubu as an individual, the objective is beyond him.

Finally, I wholeheartedly welcome the growing political unity and oness of Yoruba leaders, I enjoin the sons and daughters of Yoruba to look at the bigger picture without being blinded by partisanship, and I plead with the entire southern groups and those marginalized in the “north” to mend fences, drop every prejudice and end the tradition of controlling power residing in the hands of a few. We all have an equal stake in the Nigeria project, and we all should have the same privilege in this Nigeria. It is my prayer that the realignment of forces which Governor Aregbesola spoke of come to fulfillment for our good.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
(Posted And Shared on Palmchat Community)

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by hucienda: 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2016
Seems everyone nowadays is now a Tinubu advocate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by Aufbauh(m): 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista, why are you guys in PDP crying more than the so called victim?

13 Likes

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by sarrki(m): 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
Observing
Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by fulanimafia: 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
Propaganda dead on arrival.

Same old tripe from the renowned flip flopping miscreant without bearing.

5 Likes

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by babyfaceafrica: 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
Fine piece...aketi will lose

1 Like

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2016
Aufbauh:
Injury to one is injury to all. We can't swallow injustice because it is done to someone on the other side of political divide.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by kcnwaigbo: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
Any one preaching the prospects of southern unity is on his own.The SW cannot use and dump the other southern regions.They must be paid back in their own coins even if it means aligning with the north to spite them.

Tinubu got served.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by sarrki(m): 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
Aufbauh:

No its not a party affairs as it is now

So leave party affiliations out of it

TonyeBarcanista I agree with you 100%

6 Likes

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by sarrki(m): 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
Any one preaching the prospects of southern unity is on his own.The SW cannot use and dump the other southern regions.They must be paid back in their own coins even if it means aligning with the north to spite them.

Tinubu got served.

Can only see envy in what you just typed

Let's wait and see

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by kcnwaigbo: 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Injury to one is injury to all. We can't swallow injustice because it is done to someone on the other side of political divide.
You are on your own Tonye.Better speak for yourself

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by sarrki(m): 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

You are on your own Tonye.Better speak for yourself

As you speak for yourself too

8 Likes

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by kcnwaigbo: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2016
sarrki:

Can only see envy in what you just typed

Let's wait and see
There is nothing to see,Tinubu has been used and dumped just like we warned you. The sw on their own cannot fight the north without the ss/se.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by Acheron: 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
What they did to Awolowo and Abiola, we won't let it happen again. Tinubu will not go down. He is our own and we will defend him. We will not let one of our go down without putting up a fight.

Tell the idiots in the presidency that NEVER AGAIN will we allow a son of Yorubaland be trampled on and humiliated.

#IStandWithTinubu.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by PaulIdu: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2016
I am not a fan of Tinubu but in my aspirations to see that this economic and social disaster called Buhari is not let back into Aso rock in 2019 ,I and any other well meaning Nigerian who believes in a free and prosperous Nigeria will have no choice than to rally around Asiwaju because he will be a vital factor in any equation that would out vote the wild herdsman from Daura and his deplorable followers.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
sarrki:

No its not a party affairs as it is now

So leave party affiliations out of it

TonyeBarcanista I agree with you 100%
Exactly ! Though I may be political but sometimes it is good to look beyond party because we can't afford to be moving in a cycle of divide and rule.

4 Likes

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by bluaero(m): 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
Tinubu is about to learn a vital topic under politics 101.

If he has not yet realised that he has long been used and dumped then it appears he is more foolish than I thought.

All I can say to the miscreant is - good morning undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by Firefire(m): 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
Where is Gbawe and other APC Coven's members sef?

This is when their epistle is required most.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by sarrki(m): 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
Acheron:
What they did to Awolowo and Abiola, we won't let it happen again. Tinubu will not go down. He is our own and we will defend him. We will not let one of our go down without putting up a fight.

Tell the idiots in the presidency that NEVER AGAIN will we allow a son of Yorubaland be trampled on and humiliated.

#IStandWithTinubu.

God bless you bro

They thought is about jagaban

It's a yoruba thing as it stands now

In the coming days

More leader from the zone will voice out

4 Likes

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by DMerciful(m): 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
@ op, you have been a proponent of the northern hegemony in the past stressing that it does not matter if all the govt officials are from Daura. it is taking you a long time to realise the born to rule mentality of the north! i am really shock that you're just realising undecided undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by gidgiddy: 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

We all have an equal stake in the Nigeria project, and we all should have the same privilege in this Nigeria. It is my prayer that the realignment of forces which Governor Aregbesola spoke of come to fulfillment for our good.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

We all have an equal stake in Nigeria? Since when? Nobody has had any equal stake since Lord Lugard landed on the shores of West Africa with his message of one Nigeria. Nobody even had a stake as big as Lugards. Did you even bother to ask me as Igbo man if I want the so called 'stake'? The only stake we Igbos have in Nigeria is the one we are tied to and burned periodically. I don't want a stake in Nigeria, I want my freedom!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

There is nothing to see,Tinubu has been used and dumped just like we warned you. The sw on their own cannot fight the north without the ss/se.
What do you want? you want to see Tinubu humiliated? Why and for what? I am a son of the Southsouth, specifically Ijaw nation. We don't see Tinubu or Sw as our problem. I am glad that Chieftains of PDP are shunning party differences to send a statement that Tinubu has admirers and loyalists

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by kcnwaigbo: 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
sarrki:

God bless you bro

In the coming days

The Yoruba's are on their own.If they claim to be powerful and sophisticated let they form another political party and contest and win the 2019 elections

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by kcnwaigbo: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
What do you want? you want to see Tinubu humiliated? Why and for what? I am a son of the Southsouth, specifically Ijaw nation. We don't see Tinubu or Sw as our problem. I am glad that Chieftains of PDP are shunning party differences to send a statement that Tinubu has admirers and loyalists
You are a nobody and can only speak for yourself

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by bluaero(m): 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
sarrki:

God bless you bro

In the coming days

Oh so it's now a Yoruba thing? After all the insults you've rained on FFK and Fayose in the past? Wonderful hypocrisy!

You will soon receive sense

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
gidgiddy:

We all have an equal stake in Nigeria? Since when? Nobody has had any equal stake since Lord Lugard landed on the shores of West Africa with his message of one Nigeria. Nobody even had a stake as big as Lugards. Did you even bother to ask me as Igbo man if I want the so called 'stake'? The only stake we Igbos have in Nigeria is the one we are tied to and burned periodically. I don't want a stake in Nigeria, I want my freedom!
Nobody was consulted by Late Lugard, it doesn't mean that we surrender our future to a certain few.

2 Likes

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by todayboy: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
Since last month they employ tonyebarcanista at the nation newspaper the guy is just writing thrash.

Tonye if you are fare why don't write against the injustice the cabal are doing to dasuki

There is no difference between this so called online commentators like tonye and online fraudsters

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by nerodenero: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
Well said.

Tinubu deserves what he's being served.

2019 would be interesting!!! Bubu would definitely kiss Aso Rock bye and embrace his fura brothers.

As for Mr. Froggy, he's still a learner. The North just showed him the real backstabbers.

7 Likes

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by kcnwaigbo: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
bluaero:

Oh so it's now a Yoruba thing? After all the insults you've rained on FFK and Fayose in the past? Wonderful hypocrisy!

Don't mind the hypocrites, they only preach unity when the political manoeuvering goes against yhem

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2016
todayboy:
Since last month they employ tonyebarcanista at the nation newspaper the guy is just writing thrash.

Tonye if you are fare why don't write against the injustice the cabal are doing to dasuki

There is no difference between this so called online commentators like tonye and online fraudsters
Dasuki is under trial for fraud, he should sort himself out using the law. I don't support such

1 Like

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by globe16: 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
Aufbauh:
fulanimafia:

2 things.
1. They are finally acknowledging that Jagaban is a political heavyweight that they have been admiring from a distance.
2. Their ultimate goal and desire is to drive a wedge between the President and Tinubu, which is why they have all developed collective amnesia about all the insults they showered on Jagaban just a few months ago.
They realize that with those two on good terms, 2019 is a sure as day. Unfortunately for them, it's a desire dead on arrival.
Are you members of the CPC faction or ACN faction of APC? I'm a new supporter of the CPC faction of APC, I'm looking for fellow supporters like myself.. Tinubu must go to jail, histroy must repeat itself grin grin grin grin

#IStandWithOyegun
#IStandWithAketi
#IStandWithBuhari

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU: The Oneness Of Yoruba Leaders, And Unity Of The South And Middle Belt by sarrki(m): 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2016
bluaero:

It is bro and live with it

They are of Pdp

Yet they know Tinubu is not only a leader in Apc but for

Yoruba at large

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers, Yobe CAN Protest Kaduna Killings / Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE / Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.