Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari (10153 Views)

Dozens Of EU Parliamentarians Protests Against Nnamdi Kanu's Incarceration / Nigeria Has Finished Me: Lessons Learnt / NDA: Lessons Buhari Should Learn From Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by divinehand2003(m): 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said his three-and-a-half-year incarceration, the nation’s civil war and his failed attempts to win presidential elections have taught him “important lessons about social justice.”

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President spoke while receiving the Imam of the Mosque of the Holy Prophet in Medina, Sheikh Abdul-Muhsin Muhammad Al-Qassimi, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Buhari said his administration would continue to promote unity and peaceful co-existence of all Nigerians by ensuring fairness and social justice to all.

He said God had a purpose for bringing people from different ethnic backgrounds into one country, Nigeria.

“God knows best. A population of 180 million people comprising more than 300 ethnic groups, many of them with cultural ties stronger than religion, can only co-exist peacefully in an atmosphere of social justice,” he said.

The President urged Muslims and all other citizens to imbibe and practise social justice as a norm and prayed to Allah to guide his government in doing the same.

“I pray that God gives us the courage to be fair to people he put in our charge so that we can enjoy his mercy,” he said.

The President commended the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for their efforts to create a better understanding and practice of Islam.

He welcomed the visit of the imam to Nigeria, noting that it would strengthen the bond between the two countries.

In his remarks, Al-Qassimi commended the peaceful co-existence of Nigerians of different faiths.
He expressed satisfaction with the cordial relations between government and religious leaders and called for better teaching and practice of Islam devoid of extremism.

http://punchng.com/incarceration-failed-presidential-bids-taught-lessons-buhari/

1 Share

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by sarrki(m): 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
Observing

2 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by Firefire(m): 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
Buhary can lie...

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by PaulIdu: 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
Voting you also taught me a bitter lesson

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by dukechilezie(m): 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2016
Wake up from your dogmatic slumber sir. You have brought untold hardship to the masses that is teaching us a bitter lesson.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by gidgiddy: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
Unfortunately, it never taught him to shed his dictatorial ways.

10 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by temitemi1(m): 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2016
What lesson Nonsense!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by divinehand2003(m): 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2016
Lessons they say are learnt so as to correct future mistakes that might happen later on in life if the opportunity arises again.

But from all indications, I'm afraid, with due respect, Buhari never learnt a thing during his incarceration.

The only thing he dreamt about in prison was how he will fulfil his childhood desire of visiting all the nations of the world in record time.

Thank goodness that dream has come true for him.
Lol.

6 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by TPAND(f): 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2016
It taught you lessons that never developed you. All through those years you couldn't add an educational value to yourself. Quite shameful

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by csamii: 12:02am On Oct 08, 2016
Buhari is just lucky that this is no military regime. One frustrated soldier would have ended his reign only this time, it would have been permanent.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:06am On Oct 08, 2016
Confused President grin grin
Confused Party grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by WavesDontDie: 8:34am On Oct 08, 2016
Buhari is a senseless pedophile.

7 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 08, 2016
Who Buhari come EPP?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by emmabest2000(m): 8:35am On Oct 08, 2016
Another lie grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by Firefire(m): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2016
PaulIdu:
Voting you also taught me a bitter lesson

Sorry! embarassed

6 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by Firefire(m): 8:38am On Oct 08, 2016
TPAND:
It thought you lessons that never developed you. All through those years you couldn't add an educational value to yourself. Quite shameful

Very very shameful.

More shameful when the shameless elements that voted the Durladeen realized their folly.

12 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by gurunlocker: 8:38am On Oct 08, 2016
Hate when people don't use their head when talking.... I noticed this man don't always have anything reasonable to say when he receive visitors...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by Firefire(m): 8:40am On Oct 08, 2016
temitemi1:
What lesson Nonsense!

My friend, how are you?

How the recession for your side? embarassed
Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by trueking: 8:40am On Oct 08, 2016
I really doubt this, he did not learn anything.
Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by Young03(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2016
casting my vote for u taught me a bigger lesson

never believe everything u hear

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by yeyeboi(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2016
sarrki:
Observing

It's to early for this o space booker angry angry
Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2016
Your incaceration and failed presidential bids taught you how to tribalize national issues,welcome nepotism,embrace bigotry and become excessively clueless on how to move the country forward.Recession should be your second name because that's the only thing you have knowledge about.

3 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by eleojo23: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2016
Having you in power has taught Nigerians never to vote in another person like you into power again no matter the packaging and propaganda from the person's party.

APC packaged you very well and successfully sold Nigerians a bad product.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by Slymonster(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
people from the east sha...see there comments smh

1 Like

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by tonio2wo: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2016
To be hard core heartless!!

1 Like

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 08, 2016
one word from buhari means 1million lie

1 Like

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by tonio2wo: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2016
Slymonster:
people from the east sha...see there comments smh

Goan open a shrine to worship ur god buhari. Afonja!

3 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by kaen1317: 8:53am On Oct 08, 2016
Seems economics wasn't part of the lesson

3 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by jerryunit48: 8:56am On Oct 08, 2016
Nawa ! Oga Buhari the way you are ruling this country and unjustly jailing people like Nnamdi and others might be a problem for you after your tenure this time from Holland

3 Likes

Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by IMASTEX: 8:56am On Oct 08, 2016
Well, whatever you're doing now will still be a lesson later. Which you can see that mistake now and fix it.
Re: My Incarceration, Failed Presidential Bids Taught Me Lessons –buhari by fuckyoumhen: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2016
talk talk talk without meaningful action.

Dullardeen from Daura

IT SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH ALL APC ZOMBIES BOTH ON AND OFF NAIRALAND

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo Can't Be Divided Along Religious Lines, Says Makinde / Plateau Assembly: Yakubu Sanda, Other Principal Officers Visit Government House / Perm Sec Caught With N2bn Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.